- - - - -

Exit Match - Question

25 replies to this topic

#1 SnowdogJJJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNorth East PA

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:04 AM

If I exit a match after I am killed but before the match is ended do I still get points (C-bills)?

#2 Davoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 618 posts
  • LocationFending off an entire RCT of Cappellans with a lance of Atlai

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:06 AM

Yes. If someone says no, they're lying to you.
Every time i leave a match after death, i get my reward. That or it's just throwing c-bills at me randomly, coincidentally when the match should've ended.

#3 scJazz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:11 AM

View PostSnowdogJJJ, on 24 June 2013 - 06:04 AM, said:

If I exit a match after I am killed but before the match is ended do I still get points (C-bills)?

You will get CB/XP earned up to that point plus the team win/loss bonuses. However you will not get any assist bonuses for kills made after you quit.

so If you kill 2 mechs and damage 3 one of which dies before you do the other two die after you quit

Earnings
Team bonus
2 Kills
1 Assist
etc etc

Edited by scJazz, 24 June 2013 - 06:12 AM.

#4 Lostdragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,711 posts
  • LocationAlabama

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

You will usually earn more by hanging around to watch due to the way assists work as described above but you will also learn more. Watch the kill notifications and spectate someone on your team who is doing well. It is one of the best ways to learn because the way matchmaking works you are probably going to be teamed with someone who is much better than you. If you watch and learn from them one day you soon you will be the person new guys spectate and learn from.

#5 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:15 AM

It's also a cheap way to learn what other builds might work for mechs you have. So, if you're in a Jager and get creamed, spectate on the other Jager on the team (if there is one) and see what you can learn. Maybe he has an interesting build idea, maybe he's a better pilot (since he's still alive), or maybe it's just dumb luck, but it's still worth watching.

About the only time I quick-quit after death is if the match was horrible for me or if I'm grinding for something.

#6 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:57 AM

Also, it helps to watch your teammates and look at the enemy mech builds for ideas

#7 Sadistic Savior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 907 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:09 AM

View PostSnowdogJJJ, on 24 June 2013 - 06:04 AM, said:

Exiting the match does not do anything other than leave the match.

1 - You lose no rewards...not only will you still get your rewards listed after you die, you may get more. If a mech you damaged gets killed after you exit (for example) you will still get the bonus for that assist, even though you were not in the game at the end.

2 - You will not get rewards faster by exiting...your rewards are not applied until the match is over. Whether you are watching it or not.

3 - The mech you used will still be tied up until the match is over...you cannot launch a new game with that mech until the current match ends, whether or not you are watching the match.

That being said, if you are new I would encourage you to spectate in the match after you die. I learned a lot about the game by watching other players.

Edited by Sadistic Savior, 24 June 2013 - 10:09 AM.

#8 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:34 AM

View PostSadistic Savior, on 24 June 2013 - 10:09 AM, said:

Exiting the match does not do anything other than leave the match.

1 - You lose no rewards...not only will you still get your rewards listed after you die, you may get more. If a mech you damaged gets killed after you exit (for example) you will still get the bonus for that assist, even though you were not in the game at the end.

Wrong... noted from about 2 weeks ago by Mod/Dev comment. You will not get any assists that you would have otherwise scored and IIRC no capture bonuses either. You will get whatever you earned up to quit plus team match bonus.

Who the hell knows!

Found source: http://mwomercs.com/...e-dc-crediting/

Edited by scJazz, 24 June 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#9 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

View PostscJazz, on 24 June 2013 - 10:34 AM, said:

Wrong... noted from about 2 weeks ago by Mod/Dev comment. You will not get any assists that you would have otherwise scored and IIRC no capture bonuses either. You will get whatever you earned up to quit plus team match bonus.

Found source: http://mwomercs.com/...e-dc-crediting/

He specifically retracts the statement, as regarding to disconnecting after you die

Edit Clarification: Specifically in the case of being destroyed: You will still receive your match rewards assuming you disconnected after the death screen.. [color=#959595]
[/color]

His earlier statements about receiving nothing are in regards to people dropping into a match and disconnecting ("farming"). Maybe we can get a fancy command Chair update with some real clarification, since Niko retracts his statement without being 100% clear

#10 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

You would think that a year and a half into development that some of this rather basic stuff would be clear. Noted in a single location... perhaps a Knowledge Base and updated periodically.

#11 LauLiao

• 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

Looks like he was specifically refering to only the bonuses granted at the end of the match you don't get (E.g. for winning or losing).

"EDIT/CLARIFICATION: You will only receive rewards obtained before you disconnected. To earn in-match rewards such as assists, you must observe/participate in the match. To earn end-of-match rewards. you must participate until the end of match or die before the end of match."

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:32 PM

View PostscJazz, on 24 June 2013 - 02:45 PM, said:

You would think that a year and a half into development that some of this rather basic stuff would be clear. Noted in a single location... perhaps a Knowledge Base and updated periodically.

At the end of that debacle Niko learned he misread the original announcement. I was there for that and up all night about it.

#13 scJazz

• 1,668 posts
  • LocationNew London, CT

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:10 PM

View PostKoniving, on 24 June 2013 - 03:32 PM, said:

At the end of that debacle Niko learned he misread the original announcement. I was there for that and up all night about it.

Yeah I know you were quite ummmmm interested in the results!

#14 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:24 PM

It's how I stay informed.

#15 ChuChuRo

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 24 June 2013 - 04:44 PM

So, did I get this right? After destruction, stay and watch. Or disconnect and miss out on possible assists.

Wish I had known that before last weeks tournament :ph34r:

#16 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostChuChuRo, on 24 June 2013 - 04:44 PM, said:

So, did I get this right? After destruction, stay and watch. Or disconnect and miss out on possible assists.

Wish I had known that before last weeks tournament :ph34r:

Uh. Stand and watch to hopefully learn some new tricks. Or drop out. Just remember you have to do at least some damage before you die for it to count. If you do no damage and die then you only get "what you earned up to that point."

#17 Napoleon_Blownapart

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,167 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

i spectate and watch and learn,when i quit it seems like im waiting much longer for the match to end.

#18 ChuChuRo

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:53 PM

Actually, after a few games played with the loss of assists in mind, by now I don't care anymore. Screw the rewards for assists if I have to stick around, watching. I came to play this game, dammit, not to watch it. If I'd want to watch other people play, I'd go to twitch.tv or something. Screw this, seriously. Once I'm dead, I'm outta there. (Except Tournaments maybe.)

#19 SnowdogJJJ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNorth East PA

Posted 01 September 2013 - 05:45 AM

Maybe I am just dense, but I would like an official statement, stating clearly from Management how EXP and C-bills are given out and when you lose bonuses for disconnecting.

Either way I usually stay and watch, it is fun and I try to learn something. Also I try to help team mates out and add some laughter to the match

For beer and bacon

#20 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:16 AM

Most often, there are no further kills after I die, anyway. Such is life - and death - in Elo hell. :D

I generally stay til the end, and try to offer the remaining players any help they need. Sadly, that's often such gems as ''no point firing LRMs or PPCs at the guy directly in front of you'' and ''you can hit N for night vision'' and ''no point in going for cap given they are all already capping'' etc.

Edited by Appogee, 01 September 2013 - 07:38 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users