So Have They Just Forgotten About Srm Damage?

119 replies to this topic

#1 JayVrb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 507 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

Remember WAY back when, they nerfed plain old SRMs into the ground and said they'd be revamping them? I hope they didn't stop at the crappy formations that they've added to them. SRMs used to be worth carrying.

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:15 PM

If PGI does not buff SRM damage in the next patch I will be at loss for words. It is painfully obvious that damage buff is all that is needed for the current SRM to be viable. Simple switch of numbers--10 minutes of work, tops.

#3 Xie Belvoule

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

View PostEl Bandito, on 24 June 2013 - 08:15 PM, said:

If PGI does not buff SRM damage in the next patch I will be at loss for words. It is painfully obvious that damage buff is all that is needed for the current SRM to be viable. Simple switch of numbers--10 minutes of work, tops.

This^

The rise of PPCs coincided with the nerfing of SRMs, coincidence?

#4 PEEFsmash

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,280 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 24 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

Yep.

The fact that they couldn't take 5 minutes out of their day to buff it in the last patch made me hulksmash instead of PEEFsmash. Its like they totally forgot that they reduced SRM damage by 80% (when you count the reduction of splash damage) and sent us players on our way for 2 months without a damage buff.?

I don't know anything about Hawken, but if they don't damage buff SRMs next patch I'm switching to Hawken. So devs, what will it be? Buff the SRMs and please literally everyone, or have the pleasure of getting me off your back?

Edited by PEEFsmash, 24 June 2013 - 09:04 PM.

#5 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:40 AM

What's wrong with SRMs. They are fine.

Just don't use them and trick your opponents into using them.

;)

#6 xenoglyph

• 1,480 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:51 AM

Bumping for great justice!

#7 xenoglyph

• 1,480 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:55 AM

Maybe the forum needs an Operation SRM like the Operation Machine Gun we previously had?

#8 Mr 144

• 1,777 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

"forgotten" implies they cared to begin with.

They have never cared about SRMs. Every change made was simply a byproduct of attempt to balance Streaks and LRMs. Nothing they have done shows any inclination to address SRMs as it's own entity.

#9 mike29tw

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

View PostVrbas, on 24 June 2013 - 08:11 PM, said:

Remember WAY back when, they nerfed plain old SRMs into the ground and said they'd be revamping them? I hope they didn't stop at the crappy formations that they've added to them. SRMs used to be worth carrying.

I remember PGI saying a lot of things WAY back. I'm not seeing any sign that they intend to keep those promises.

#10 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:36 AM

View PostPEEFsmash, on 24 June 2013 - 09:01 PM, said:

I don't know anything about Hawken, but if they don't damage buff SRMs next patch I'm switching to Hawken. So devs, what will it be? Buff the SRMs and please literally everyone, or have the pleasure of getting me off your back?

Bwahahahah, you don't know anything about a game, but if they don't cater to your whims, then you're leaving to go play it. I love it.

Also, to OP, they buffed SRM's earlier this month. Just sayin'.

#11 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:46 AM

View PostXie Belvoule, on 24 June 2013 - 08:59 PM, said:

The rise of PPCs coincided with the nerfing of SRMs, coincidence?

Mostly.

The Rise of PPC's is related far more to the introduction of HSR for PPC's.

I don't know anything about Hawken, but if they don't damage buff SRMs next patch I'm switching to Hawken.

Prepare to be horrifically disappointed.

Also, there are only like 5 guys still playing Hawken.

#12 Kaldor

• 1,239 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:54 AM

View PostSyllogy, on 25 June 2013 - 04:36 AM, said:

Bwahahahah, you don't know anything about a game, but if they don't cater to your whims, then you're leaving to go play it. I love it.

They are not catering to his, yours, or my whims. The fact remains, SRMs suck a_s right now. They sorely need a raw damage boost. They also should not be the same damage as as SSRMs due to being a skill based weapon you have to aim.

And the buff this month, yeah, a small pattern adjustment. For the tonnage you have to give to get Artemis in place, the pattern should be much better.

SRMs are the knockout punch brawlers sorely need right now. Why do you think the only real brawler you see right now is a 40 Jager? Because its the only thing that can really deliver a knockout up close. The entire meta of MWO has shifted to long range largely because brawlers are near ineffective up close.

#13 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:59 AM

View Postxenoglyph, on 25 June 2013 - 12:55 AM, said:

Operation Machine Gun we previously had?

How'd that work out ;)?

#14 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:04 AM

Yep.

The fact that they couldn't take 5 minutes out of their day to buff it in the last patch made me hulksmash instead of PEEFsmash. Its like they totally forgot that they reduced SRM damage by 80% (when you count the reduction of splash damage) and sent us players on our way for 2 months without a damage buff.?

Oh please, I'll wait for a SRM buff if you'd really leave. Why not go try Hawken, you may love it and never come back here. A win win. Well at least for some of us. ;)

#15 MeatForBrains

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:13 AM

Hawkin is an atrocious game.

#16 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:14 AM

Everything they do is painfully slow.

#17 Chavette

• Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:25 AM

No, you dont understand they realy underlying problem, it takes months to change a number, even though "there is weapon balancing every patch" - Bryane

#18 JayVrb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 507 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:30 AM

View PostSyllogy, on 25 June 2013 - 04:36 AM, said:

Changing flight pattern is not a buff.

#19 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:31 AM

View PostMr 144, on 25 June 2013 - 12:57 AM, said:

"forgotten" implies they cared to begin with.

They have never cared about SRMs. Every change made was simply a byproduct of attempt to balance Streaks and LRMs. Nothing they have done shows any inclination to address SRMs as it's own entity.

SRMs are the "Jenners" of weapons.

#20 JayVrb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 507 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 05:32 AM

View PostRoland, on 25 June 2013 - 04:46 AM, said:

Also, there are only like 5 guys still playing Hawken.

Changing flight pattern is not a buff. Excuse me... NERFING the flight pattern is not a buff.

View PostSephlock, on 25 June 2013 - 04:59 AM, said:

How'd that work out ;)?

Actually it is, if you've been keeping up w/ the stats they've been releasing for the machine gun damage boost. Might not be perfect, but they're trying.

Edited by Vrbas, 25 June 2013 - 05:34 AM.

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users