Project Phoenix Leaked

1715 replies to this topic

#201 Loxx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

Damn you! Damn you Sir, I say! Now I have to download the game again!

I was just getting comfy with quitting, and you go and pull this. For the love of the Gods you better fix this game now!

#202 Monky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

I am very pleased to see the project phoenix mechs have made it in, hope they will all have the charm of the originals while being original themselves.

#203 CarnifexMaximus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 397 posts
  • LocationOakland, California Republic, North America, Terra

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

No. 1 question I have after reading this is if the standard variants are different variants from the Phoenix versions? For example the Phoenix T-Bolt is the 5S, are the other "standard" variants extra vanilla 5Ss or the other T-Bolt variants they have planned? I would hate to have to play a mech for months without being able to unlock speed tweak or double basics.

It's funny, the other day I was thinking that the Thunderbolt would make an excellent addition to the line-up, it has tons of variants.

#204 JayVrb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 507 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

Really, I'm trying to get excited about this but I just can't. I would really like to see more gameplay fixes and balance issues addressed before we see new mechs. Because honestly, if things don't change meta wise these mechs will be INDISTINGUISHABLE from the Highlander, the Stalker, the Phract, and EVERY other PPC/Gauss build.

Fix the weapons, then give us new mechs to try them out on please.

#205 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

Posted Image

#206 PeRRaKo

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 80 posts
  • Locationマドリード - スペイン

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

View Postsirius89, on 25 June 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

A company that makes a F2P game ALWAYS needs more money to further develop the game.

More news at 11.

Yes, I agree on that, a F2P GAME needs revenue to keep developing,

But MWO is not a F2P GAME, it's a buggy content-lacking F2P alpha build, and they already got more than enough money to make something a lot better than what we have right now.

#207 ryoma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

I want to buy a talon package, but I don't want a Locust. I'll buy a Talon package in a heartbeat for Shadow Hawk.

#208 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

View PostSkunk Wolf, on 25 June 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

I think we just got a solid release date.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

#209 Midgie

Swaybacked

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 192 posts
  • LocationThe unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the galaxy.

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

View PostSandarhar, on 25 June 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

this game got .. what .. some 80 mechs?
this game is not accommodating of new players
this game is way behind schedule
this game is buggy as heck
this game is way unbalanced
this game is still the same old run around and shoot everyone 8vs8 sim
this game still got no meta game

sooo .. way to go to introduce still more mechs in order to milk the community for yet more money

If you don't want the package, don't buy it. All twelve variants will be available for C-bills. And another thing, the people who work on the art for mechs don't work on the rest of that stuff you mentioned. So, yelling at PGI for having mechs ready is useless. However, I have no problem with you yelling at the other departments for not being able to hit a target date to save their life. That said, I'll probably end up getting the $80 package. Twelve mechs (4 being Heroes), twelve mech bays, cockpit items, and premium time for that price is a pretty good deal.

#210 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

View PostPeRRaKo, on 25 June 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

Yes, I agree on that, a F2P GAME needs revenue to keep developing,

But MWO is not a F2P GAME, it's a buggy content-lacking F2P alpha build, and they already got more than enough money to make something a lot better than what we have right now.

They just announced four more new mechs on top of the three already pending, and you call it content-lacking.

What do you REALLY think this game's financial draw is? Philosophical agreeability?

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 25 June 2013 - 12:55 PM.

#211 RapierE01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationEden

i hate ya i hate ya i hate ya.... i got the storm Package....

#212 Rigiroth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 350 posts
  • LocationValhala

So am I the only one pissed off abotu how they've been telling us to wait for the development only to find out they are spending their time producing battle mechs instead of net code and UI 2.0? I wouldn't even be pissed about this if we had CW and at the very least UI 2.0, but god ******* damnit, add the bloody features you've been talking about for ******* months before you add more filler content.

Edit

Sigh...well, now that that is off my chest, atleast we have a set date for CW and UI 2.0. Still, annoucing them first instead of to be figurered out from the package would've been better.

Edited by Steemship, 25 June 2013 - 01:07 PM.

#213 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:55 PM

View PostKyossed, on 25 June 2013 - 12:45 PM, said:

What, are you people kidding me? The game's getting so much better. I haven't crashed once for months. Haven't had any HUD issues, or yellow screens of death, no CTD or Mechbay. They're obviously working on fixing it, and the game is markedly improved already.

This is actually very true.

My primary hold-out on this is lack of any news regarding better gameplay modes and such, concerns over the game going more arcade-y than sim, etc.

But really, we are all just throwing :words: around at this point.

#214 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

Cool, honestly didn't expect to see unseen.

#215 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

View PostModred, on 25 June 2013 - 12:47 PM, said:

BINGO! is all I can, PeRRaKo you sir have nailed it right on the head! I can only hope that this isn't some form a death throw to grab more cash before someone closes the doors.

If it was, I'm sure they could have come up with something that would pull out more than $80 and later than October.

#216 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

#217 Khanahar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 560 posts

View PostMystere, on 25 June 2013 - 12:19 PM, said:

All I can say is: Where is my Madcat, Vulture, and the rest of the Clan Founder's package? :ph34r: ... :wub:

Check back in the Spring!

View PostSkunk Wolf, on 25 June 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

I think we just got a solid release date.

We've had it for a long time now.

Also, the whole grumbling about PGI needing revenue is bizarre. You guys understand they don't just do this for kicks, right? They have to, ya know, eat and things? They give us product, we give them money. That's how it works.

#218 J4ckInthebox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 832 posts
  • LocationBritanny, France

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

Unseen 'mechs.

I don't even....whaaaaaat ?

I came with the force of a thousand suns.

#219 PeRRaKo

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 80 posts
  • Locationマドリード - スペイン

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

View PostMorang, on 25 June 2013 - 12:46 PM, said:

Well, though I'm very critical about many things PGI myself for a long time (I refunded my Founders, for example), I don't think it's fair to blame them just for wanting money and I see no desperation here. They just use the fandom hype about unseen/reseen stuff, nice for them. It's not P2W - Phoenix Locust to regular Locust is like Founders Jenner to regular Jenner. They release these mechs at usual shedule, one per month. Yes I want them to make more maps and fix more things and smite the 3PV, but I'm not going to blame them because they're doing at least something (new mechs release) more or less correct (MORE OR LESS - because of scale issues, for example).

So let fanbois pay. After all, it's not going to hurt me even if those money won't help PGI build better MWO for us. I have my own triggers set to determine when I'm going to open my vallet, still waiting for them.

I'm ok with these sales, what worries me is the reason they launch this packs now. We aren't even out of Open Beta (alpha build) yet and at the pace PGI is developing the game, if they ran out of the initial founders money + IGP funding + random investors money I really have little faith in their ¿hability? to give us a decent game.

I would expect decent stuff like lobbies, game modes, more maps (not remakes) to show us they are worthy of taking more of our money before they start another {Noble MechWarrior} milking.

#220 Ragnar Darkmane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 459 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 25 June 2013 - 12:59 PM

View Postryoma, on 25 June 2013 - 12:43 PM, said:

I am honestly confounded on something. Why would anyone in their right minds ever pilot a locust? Ever? Sure for trolling, but it seems even less competitive than the flea!

If the cheapest package got me a Shadow Hawk I'd buy it, but i would never waste money on a locust.

Because it's only 5$ more than 30 days premium and you get a founder mech (even if it's crap), 2 other variants (which'll likely have better hardpoints), 3 mech bays and the vanity forum/game goodies on top of it?

Edited by Ragnar Darkmane, 25 June 2013 - 12:59 PM.

34 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 34 guests, 0 anonymous users