Project Phoenix Leaked

1715 replies to this topic

#301 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:15 PM

12 ******* mechs for $80. why to **** us in the *** for the ones that spent 120 to get your **** game off the ground. I thought going back on some of the things you said would never make the game was bad. This is ********* and you guys know it.

Edited by Rizzwind, 25 June 2013 - 02:15 PM.

#302 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:16 PM

The only way to beat a 6 PPC Stalker is with a 7 PPC BattleMaster!!!! WOOO! Also, I'm gonna get Overlord, cos I am a pooch <3

#303 Dawnstealer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

*Wipes off screen with squeegee*

#304 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

I ***** and moan when something's wrong.
I praise when something's right.
And I plonk down $120 for a BattleTech MechWarrior game.
I also plonk down $80 for some classic BattleMechs.

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of things that needs fixing with this game, but one major thing that's been missing for me are the classic Unseen. Now we at least get half of the Reseens, and that's a step in the right direction.

This was an easy buy for me, in spite of all the reservations I have had (and still have) about the direction of the game.

Edited by stjobe, 25 June 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#305 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:20 PM

View PostAegis Kleais, on 25 June 2013 - 02:11 PM, said:

When a car company comes out with a new car, are they considered greedy for doing so? Are they forcing you to purchase this? I'm choosing not to buy this on the merit that since netcode issues still plague me with this game in particular, I cannot get enjoyment from any additional purchase, but even I still don't think that this makes PGI greedy. There are many people in this game who don't have the issues I do and are looking forward to this purchase and its perks. More power to them.

Well when a car company sells a broken car and then instead of fixing the broken one they sell you a new one, that is probably broken just as much ...

What bugs me most is that its just such an obvious way to milk money. Today we were supposed to get Sarah's mech. We didn't get it. Project Phoenix comes first. Just shows you what PGI values more ... their players or their players money.

#306 Westonard

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:22 PM

As others have said this is a blatant money grab. More so because the fact you don't get to choose the mech you want. Oh, you want the Thunderbolt? 60 dollars. Or you can wait until December and assuming that PGI doesn't go under and enough people take the bait, you can get it for cheaper. If they ran it like founders where the first 'tier' of the Phoenix you chose one mech, and the second tier you chose two and so on, I would be more interested in this and more willing to shell out money. As it is, I just have a hard time telling myself I need the Shadowhawk or Thunderbolt that badly that I want to pay for other mechs I won't use.

#307 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 25 June 2013 - 02:20 PM, said:

Well when a car company sells a broken car and then instead of fixing the broken one they sell you a new one, that is probably broken just as much ...

What bugs me most is that its just such an obvious way to milk money. Today we were supposed to get Sarah's mech. We didn't get it. Project Phoenix comes first. Just shows you what PGI values more ... their players or their players money.

Lol like the players wouldnt pay with their players money for that damn mech.

#308 xti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 138 posts
  • LocationGermany (Pfalz)

View PostDaisu Saikoro, on 25 June 2013 - 01:56 PM, said:

Honestly?

No word about CW and this?

And people are happy about it?

mindboggling, isn't it ?

#309 M4jk

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 51 posts
  • LocationCZ

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:23 PM

View PostJabilo, on 25 June 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

Mmmm, I feel that if it was not true that PGI would have been quick to refute it.

They would never admit to it as the backlash would be terrible, so their silence is somewhat damning.

I would actually like a statement on this before I spring for the overlord pack.

I have to say though it is one hell of a tempting package. I only just re read some of the BT books including the scene where Hanse Davion jumps in his old Battlemaster to defend New Avalon from a Liao raid. Ye gods I want one!

Awesome scene! Will never forget it as I had to read it walking around the room (could not sit still ;) :( :wub: :wub:) !

#310 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

View Post627, on 25 June 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

Lol like the players wouldnt pay with their players money for that damn mech.

Money made off 'that damn mech' will go towards helping people suffering from cancer. And you sir just stink.

#311 DireWolf307

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts
  • LocationSt. Ives, St. Ives Compact

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:25 PM

I'm excited to see the Battlemaster, it's my next favorite to the Zeus. Hopefully they at least keep the iconic bubble canopy.

#312 ryuasiu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:26 PM

Sorry PGI, But I already put down $120 for this game, I am not putting another dime till you deliver what you promised. I already have one friend mad at me for convincing them to get the $120 founder package calling it a scam, and another that is mad because they are still waiting for what they paid for, and you want MORE money after not delivering what you promised?

This does not anger me anymore. I am just really disappointed that, YET AGAIN I am told to wait. 5 MC says when October comes around they push it back again.

#313 Tice Daurus

• 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:27 PM

The crying and whining on this thread makes my dinky wiggle. And many of the people crying will secretly buy it. I could care less, I saw it and bought it immediately.

#314 ryoma

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationCA

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

Oh well. Guess I'll just save money by not spending it on any bundle.

I'm not spending any money on mechs I don't want and I don't want the Locust or Thunderbolt.

#315 DireWolf307

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts
  • LocationSt. Ives, St. Ives Compact

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

View Postryuasiu, on 25 June 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

Sorry PGI, But I already put down $120 for this game, I am not putting another dime till you deliver what you promised. I already have one friend mad at me for convincing them to get the $120 founder package calling it a scam, and another that is mad because they are still waiting for what they paid for, and you want MORE money after not delivering what you promised?

This does not anger me anymore. I am just really disappointed that, YET AGAIN I am told to wait. 5 MC says when October comes around they push it back again.

What exactly haven't the Founders gotten yet?

View PostTice Daurus, on 25 June 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

The crying and whining on this thread makes my dinky wiggle. And many of the people crying will secretly buy it. I could care less, I saw it and bought it immediately.

Same here. The Reseens are big for me, I hope they do more.

#316 Wildstreak

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostTie Ma, on 25 June 2013 - 11:03 AM, said:

please don't mess up scaling for these

Check the outlines, so far the Thunderbolt looks a bit shorter than the Shadow Hawk, T-Bolt also looks like the Awesome's smaller brother.

View PostTennex, on 25 June 2013 - 11:05 AM, said:

seems like they are going with complete redesigns? at least for the locust

Locust looks like a Raven relative. Here comes the Spider-5K's 20 ton competition.

#317 OpCentar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

Damn, was hoping for the Clan packs to come first but now it seems I have to wait another year :/

Oh well, at least 12 new mechs will keep me busy for some time.

#318 ryuasiu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

View PostTice Daurus, on 25 June 2013 - 02:27 PM, said:

No one is crying and whining. The fact that PGI is asking for alot more money when they have not delivered on their promises is a legitimate concern. $80 is alot of money to ask for considering things like CW is not in yet.

#319 DirePhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

This is where I do my happy/"I told you so" dance. CUE THE MUSIC!

Like the Legend of the Phoenix

View PostDirePhoenix, on 01 May 2013 - 11:09 PM, said:

Topps has the rights to all Battletech/MechWarrior imagery in print media. Catalyst Games has to license from Topps in order to have images for their sourcebooks. PGI has no rights to any existing art. ALL art/designs in MWO has to be new art created exclusively for use in MWO. All art in MWO currently, including the non-"Unseen" are new designs created for MWO.

The only thing in contention with the "unseen" is the art originally used to portray these 'mechs. Not the names or the stats. PGI has to create new designs for all the 'mechs they have in this game anyway, so creating new art for the "unseen" as well should not be an issue.

The only reason PGI should have to not include the "unseen" would be if the weapon hardpoints/configurations don't offer any more variety over other designs they have planned.

Currently the only 'mechs that I see that might be superfluous to an already planned 'mech is maybe the Locust, because of the Flea... maybe, depending on the Flea variants they make. If they make one with ballistic hardpoints in the arms, it's a dead-ringer for a Locust anyway.

All ends with beginnings

DirePhoenix said:

(08 Oct 2012)
I don't understand why people keep thinking that the issue with the Unseen is a matter of money.

It's a matter of the original tabletop game using licensed artwork (which it doesn't anymore). PGI (or Catalyst, or ACRONYM games, or MekTek, or Activision, or MicroProse) can all make THEIR OWN ART for these 'mechs to use in their own products (like they do with all the other 'mechs anyway). It's really just a matter of doing it, and the customers accepting new art.

IMO, *not* making or using new art for these 'mechs just compounds the issue and frustrates the playerbase even more.

With the artwork we've seen so far for 'mechs in MWO, I am 100% confident that PGI can come up with something both original and *cool* enough to use for these 'mechs.

Like I said before, it's just a matter of actually doing it.

What keeps the planet spinning

View PostDirePhoenix, on 20 June 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

The only reason they would have to not make the unseen is if the design (hardpoint layout/tonnage/etc.) is superfluous to an already existing or planned 'mech. Not because of artwork licensing woes. The "legal battle" over the original artwork is "not an issue" when they can just as easily (as we've seen with all the other redesigns) come up with their own art.

The force from the beginning

View PostDirePhoenix, on 27 April 2013 - 08:07 AM, said:

There is no case if they're using new art, which is what they're using for everything in this game (Topps would have a case against PGI if they were trying to use actual sourcebook art for MWO's 'mechs, even for the non-unseen). Also, these 'mechs should not continue to be "unseen" out of fear that someone "might" try to pursue legal action (that's how you let the terrorists win), especially where they have no grounds. The 'mechs themselves are far more important to the franchise than the images originally used to present them. The entire franchise benefits from creating and promoting their own in-house images to use and build on rather than trying to license someone else's work that wasn't even created for this game.

We've come to far, to give up who we are

DirePhoenix said:

(13 Nov 2012)
These 'mechs are important, regardless of what images are being used to represent them. Every single one of the "Unseen" were supposed to be staples of the SLDF, and even after the fall of the Star League, they were most common and abundant 'mechs in the Inner Sphere for hundreds of years, across all the Houses. We need these 'mechs to appear again. FD is more than capable of coming up with new, possibly even cooler art for them. PGI needs to make this happen.

So let's raise the bar, and our cups to the stars!

(26 Jan 2013)
Someone in this franchise needs to put their foot down. If HG is reacting because of the name attached to the imagery, they have no grounds and need to be put in their place. The only thing in contest was the images, not the names, not anything else that makes these mechs they are. We can make new images. We shouldn't have to run and hide and bow down to a paper threat every time a letter goes out and just keep pretending that the core 'mechs of the franchise just don't exist.

Edited by DirePhoenix, 25 June 2013 - 02:33 PM.

#320 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 25 June 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

Money made off 'that damn mech' will go towards helping people suffering from cancer. And you sir just stink.

Exactly. That money won't go to pgi. What do you thinkthey are, a charity developer company? They need to earn money to pay a dev to make that hero jenner. Those guys need to make their living, too. What do you expect? Be realistic. And you should be thankful they will make that hero mech. And you should thank everybody who buys anything from pgi because these people are the reason they can pay the dev who builds that mech which earns some money for that cancer research.

An you, sir, shouldn't insult other sirs because there opinion differs from yours. Sir.

31 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 31 guests, 0 anonymous users