#21 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 26 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 26 June 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

I guess you missed the thread with people racing to buy in. I wouldn't hope for too much solidarity, even some of the big time critics are buying. So while it might not happen for you, cash will be rolling in.

He is totally right guys, our concerns are unfounded and silly. And really, it's pretty childish for us to let PGI know we are unhappy. We might as well dump a bunch of money in the game cause everyone else is doing it.

#22 Syllogy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:01 PM

Ermagerd! You're unhappy!

Posted Image

#23 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostDeathofSelf, on 26 June 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

He is totally right guys, our concerns are unfounded and silly. And really, it's pretty childish for us to let PGI know we are unhappy. We might as well dump a bunch of money in the game cause everyone else is doing it.

LOL that's an interesting take, the actual point is, the OP expects some Occupy MWO movement to not spend until the game is the way they demand. The reality is people are tripping over themselves pulling out their wallets to pay for more.
It's not wrong to let PGI know how you feel, it's silly to think the playerbase will not pay as there is clear evidence people are excited and spending.
I'm not saying it's a great idea to give PGI money, especially if you aren't satisfied. I'm saying lots of people are already giving them money! :(

#24 DeathofSelf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 655 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:14 PM

View PostRG Notch, on 26 June 2013 - 02:07 PM, said:

LOL that's an interesting take, the actual point is, the OP expects some Occupy MWO movement to not spend until the game is the way they demand. The reality is people are tripping over themselves pulling out their wallets to pay for more.
It's not wrong to let PGI know how you feel, it's silly to think the playerbase will not pay as there is clear evidence people are excited and spending.
I'm not saying it's a great idea to give PGI money, especially if you aren't satisfied. I'm saying lots of people are already giving them money! :(

Saying he hopes other people feel the same as he does equals an "Occupy MWO movement"? I think not.

Yeah there are quite a few people jumping on the sale, but there are quite a few people who are apprehensive. If you don't agree with him, fine, but don't come here and try to tell us we are silly for not jumping on this deal.

And syllogy, I expect that image represents your intellectual age, well done sir.

#25 Skunk Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 286 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

Founders mech's were to give a kick start of cash for development.

Project Phoenix mechs are to give a kick start of cash for launch.

My money's on an October 15th launch.

#26 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,565 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 26 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

View PostRiceyFighter, on 25 June 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

I want a real date when it gets released. I feel a bit cheated because they keep dangling candy in my face with no real value.

DELICIOUS CANDY.

I must have it.

#27 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:04 PM

View PostDeathofSelf, on 26 June 2013 - 02:14 PM, said:

Saying he hopes other people feel the same as he does equals an "Occupy MWO movement"? I think not.

Yeah there are quite a few people jumping on the sale, but there are quite a few people who are apprehensive. If you don't agree with him, fine, but don't come here and try to tell us we are silly for not jumping on this deal.

And syllogy, I expect that image represents your intellectual age, well done sir.

Read what he wrote, read what I wrote. Where did I say you were silly for not jumping on the deal. I said he was silly for expecting his principled moral stand to have much effect on a video game. I save principle for important stuff.

#28 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:06 PM

I'm not telling you not to spent your money, I'm saying here, that I will not do it because I know nothing about the finished product I'm supposed to be buying.....I'm crazy for that?

#29 Dr B00t

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 496 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 07:15 PM

View PostDavoke, on 25 June 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

So they're releasing a pack with CW stuff on a date when it wouldn't be useful? Even PGI wouldn't do that.

tell that to my advanced zoom module

View PostDeathofSelf, on 26 June 2013 - 01:33 PM, said:

i started smoking cigarettes to be cool too...that won't end badly either

Edited by Dr B00t, 26 June 2013 - 07:15 PM.

#30 Borengar629

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 305 posts
  • Location3rd rock next to sun

Posted 26 June 2013 - 11:57 PM

I have to agree and disagree on that topic.
For once I don't understand why everyone has to come up with founding when it comes to their wishes. You founded the game because you trusted in community warfare to follow soon after? This is nothing but your own bad business sense.
But I have to strongly agree on not telling us anything at all ist PGIs bad business sense. I still don't regret the money I invested so far and I don't hesitate to pass them even more of my money for Phoenix. But this is maybe my bad business sense.
Nevertheless I don't think that boycotting phoenix or any other offer they give us is useful. Let me explain that a little bit.
First these offers give you exactly what they advertise (so did the founders program as a matter of fact). So if you're not interessted in the contains of a pack or in the game as a whole product in it's current state then by any means don't spend money on it. That would be a stupid thing to do.
But if you have fun playing the game or even if you see the potential of it and think with better founding it could become even better (because Phoenix is nothing but founders program part II when you think about it) then you should invest in it.
But in either case you spending money is your decision and has nothing to do with features to come. You woundn't buy a car that is not built yet, would you?
Asking for details about community warfare and features that were announced long ago is a pressing issue thought and should not be taken lightly by us and by the devs. BUT we as a community should act smater and bring the pressing on the devs in a proper way by opening thread after thread with specific questions and ask for answers so constantly that they cannot do anything else but to start answering at least some of these questions.
But all that "I founded and you give me nothing" or "I doubt your competence PGI" or even worse "CW is a myth" lead to nothing. What are they supposed to answer? "No it's not"? Would that answer suit you? But it is the answer to your question.
They are a company and they want to earn a **** ton of money. That is what they leave their houses for in the morning like all of us do.
But we are the paying customers. If we as a group tell them exactly what we want to hear from them they would be pretty stupid not to throw us a bone or two. But as a matter of fact we as a group are not united enough because we prefer to troll each other instead of cooperating to press our wishes.... even if they are the same thing. Strange isn't it?

#31 Jungle Rhino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 579 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:09 AM

Has anybody else noticed that PGI's list of upcoming features is exactly the same as it was a year ago when founders was launched? What have they ACTUALLY added to the game in a year?

Three maps
A bunch of mechs
Endless sales/promotional events
Consumables nobody wanted

Yes they 'fixed' the netcode but hell - it shouldn't have been broken in the first place I don't count that as an acheivement - you don't start selling your damn game without functional netcode!

Good luck to everybody, I'll be watching the trainwreck unfold while happily playing Rome 2 for the rest of my life.

Edited by Jungle Rhino, 27 June 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#32 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:54 AM

View PostJungle Rhino, on 27 June 2013 - 01:09 AM, said:

Has anybody else noticed that PGI's list of upcoming features is exactly the same as it was a year ago when founders was launched? What have they ACTUALLY added to the game in a year?

Three maps
A bunch of mechs
Endless sales/promotional events
Consumables nobody wanted

Yes they 'fixed' the netcode but hell - it shouldn't have been broken in the first place I don't count that as an acheivement - you don't start selling your damn game without functional netcode!

Good luck to everybody, I'll be watching the trainwreck unfold while happily playing Rome 2 for the rest of my life.

I like my consumables.

#33 Adrienne Vorton

• 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

View PostSMDMadCow, on 26 June 2013 - 01:07 PM, said:

How CW works/ whats the point?

Updates to info warfare?

How do loyalty points work and what can you get with them?

Theres plenty of questions with non answers or no detail.

btw all informations that had been promised for EARLY 2013 when we hit the open beta stage... doesn´t feel that early considering we have summer now...

#34 PropagandaWar

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,495 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

My premium ended yesterday. That's it until they give a update on SRM damage (My personal grief) and info on CW. I will by up to the $60.00 package beings I don't pilot assaults, if I see an update on SRM damage. Again while I want it at least 2.0 if they say they are keeping it at 1.5 at least we'll finally know even though the announcement is over a month past due.

#35 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:59 PM

CRYengine is not a friendly developer engine, most of us know this.

People love hacks and cheats, we all know this.

They have been setting up their anti-cheat/hack detecting suite.

They have been removing people and reasons, to just drop in with no armor, ammo or weapons.

They have been adding more mechs and maps. (ZOMG maps!? Yes, I still see some games with only 3 maps and they have been around 5 years).

No one ever states exactly what something will be, prior to it actually going out, as everyone will flame them for doing something different. Not everything will work as envisioned, I ASSUME, most of us know this.

They have been making strides to eliminate "lag shield" and hit detection, sure it gets bumpy once in awhile, but not nearly as bad as aiming 3 mechs ahead of your target with lasers.

The game is much more stable across the board. ( I recall having to restart the client after every 3 matches versus never, now)

To say they have not made any kind of progress is just ridiculous.

They have my support and will continue to have my support. I know they want better things, and I feel that they will do their best to have better things.

#36 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:06 PM

^ What he said.

#37 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostSyllogy, on 26 June 2013 - 12:03 PM, said:

October 15th, Project Phoenix will be delivered.

September 21st is the estimated Launch Date.

What more do you want to know?

Stop making sense. You are messin with the trolls and whinos.

#38 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:24 PM

So, asking for answers form the DEVS is trolling now?

I do not agree in spending money without any information of how or when the finished product will be deliver. There are at least 4 other topics, started by different ppl asking or "trolling" as you said for the same thing.

I dont think I'm wrong. We know nothing about CW, or balance issues for that matter, and as Jungle Rhino just posted above:
"Has anybody else noticed that PGI's list of upcoming features is exactly the same as it was a year ago when founders was launched? What have they ACTUALLY added to the game in a year?

No no no, im not trolling here, im using facts, and if u dislike the fact that ppl is getting rip off by a good package (believe me is way better than founders) because they will throw money without any real information of whats coming ahead, then go read something else.

Im not boicoting here, im demanding information on what they will spend the money ill throw them at; and if Im satisfied with that information, ill be more than glad to give it to them.

For the Founders program, we had information, things have not been delivered yet; the least I can ask for is more information, even if they dont deliver.

#39 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:45 PM

Lucky for you they are still offering the "You don't have to buy this at all" deal at the low low price of $0.

CW is admittedly illusive, but seriously what is the point of this thread? Are you not seeing all the improvements I am? I mean yeah, no CW details, hope to god they come next week and roll out fully in July/Aug, but the pack is a nice incentive to give PGI some money if you are so inclined.

If it was a money grab, I would expect the date to be less realistic and the deal less good. They could have held this stuff for ransom and people would still buy it.

Edited by Jetfire, 27 June 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#40 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

View PostBlackDrakon, on 27 June 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

"Has anybody else noticed that PGI's list of upcoming features is exactly the same as it was a year ago when founders was launched? What have they ACTUALLY added to the game in a year?

In short

Modules
ECM
Conquest
ELO
Weapons balancing (not complete, not complete crap either)
MECHS
PAINT/CAMO
Tons of Netcode and bug fixes
Maps

Yes, CW is still in queue as is UI 2.0 and collisions. They have however made progress and CW will either come or it won't and if it doesn't PGI is going to be in rough rough shape.

Edited by Jetfire, 27 June 2013 - 02:49 PM.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users