How Can You (Pgi) Do This?

78 replies to this topic

#41 JeremyCrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLisbon

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

There's a ATD post tomorrow. Maybe we'll get some more info then... and the Creative Director update should be up by Monday (since the patch will be tuesday).
But I agree that the lack of information/communication is frustrating.

#42 GroovYChickeN

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 209 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:59 PM

Wanting to wait to purchase something until you are give further information about said product is all fine and dandy. The issue that I (and a lot of other people) have with these type of threats twards PGI (or any game publisher) is that they are incredibly negative, rude, and really just uncalled for. Asking for the dev's to post info (and they do all the time) and trying to get people to not spend money till they do are two COMPLETELY different things.

Ask away but as my mom always said "If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all". Especially this idea that PGI doesn't care and only wants money simply because they don't spoon feed you a constant stream of every keystroke on every computer at their office. For christ sake they are busy working. Of course they care, that's why they work for a small company like PGI and not EA or Activation. Just because they don't have the time to post to you every idea in their head doesn't mean they are doing nothing. Actually it mean the opposite.

Stop being Forum Warriors and go do something else while we all wait to see what happens.

Edited by GroovYChickeN, 27 June 2013 - 03:00 PM.

#43 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostGroovYChickeN, on 27 June 2013 - 02:59 PM, said:

Wanting to wait to purchase something until you are give further information about said product is all fine and dandy. The issue that I (and a lot of other people) have with these type of threats twards PGI (or any game publisher) is that they are incredibly negative, rude, and really just uncalled for. Asking for the dev's to post info (and they do all the time) and trying to get people to not spend money till they do are two COMPLETELY different things.

Ask away but as my mom always said "If you don't have something nice to say don't say anything at all". Especially this idea that PGI doesn't care and only wants money simply because they don't spoon feed you a constant stream of every keystroke on every computer at their office. For christ sake they are busy working. Of course they care, that's why they work for a small company like PGI and not EA or Activation. Just because they don't have the time to post to you every idea in their head doesn't mean they are doing nothing. Actually it mean the opposite.

Stop being Forum Warriors and go do something else while we all wait to see what happens.

So glad my job doesn't have forums. People call, ask for a quote on product, we specify a 24 hour turnaround, they call back an hour later and ask why they haven't gotten the quote yet. If you aren't on speed 24/7 this world will eat you alive and if you are, you will die at 30. Que Sera.

#44 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:35 PM

View PostSteel Will, on 25 June 2013 - 05:45 PM, said:

Posted Image

Take note of the list that Liked the post...
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2487205

Edited by Deathlike, 27 June 2013 - 04:37 PM.

#45 Steel Will

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

And please add to it, it feels good to be liked.

#46 Mr Blonde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 175 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:03 PM

After much deliberation, I will go ahead and purchase this package. I am wary, though, and this is it for purchases until CW is out and functioning well. Personally I am quite pleased with how nearly everything has been done to date, there are errors of course, but but that was to be expected. My beef is the 3PV issue, but I am willing to go one more time and trust they will do the right thing there eventually. I don't mind supporting this effort, especially for in-game bonuses (bribe accepted!)

#47 Dudeman3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 520 posts
  • LocationMom's Basement

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

what I find funny, really funny, is that a game like Neverwinter went live before MW. I'm aware its a "different genre" but it's a genre with MORE bugs, more problems, more interactions, more economy, and more content... and they smoothed it out like champs. Neverwinter went into closed beta a year after MW, and released half year there after, with near all bugs rectified. They followed a scheduled plan. PGI, your doing something fishy.

#48 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostDudeman3k, on 29 June 2013 - 12:54 PM, said:

what I find funny, really funny, is that a game like Neverwinter went live before MW. I'm aware its a "different genre" but it's a genre with MORE bugs, more problems, more interactions, more economy, and more content... and they smoothed it out like champs. Neverwinter went into closed beta a year after MW, and released half year there after, with near all bugs rectified. They followed a scheduled plan. PGI, your doing something fishy.

Follow the money. Then you'll find the decision makers behind it...

#49 Hammerfinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 745 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:07 PM

Every time they set a hard deadline, and miss it by a bit, everyone yells at them and calls them names. I wouldn't give this community a hard deadline if I was PGI.

Yes. Because BT obviously is as well funded and widely played as D+D. The comparison makes no sense.

#50 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:52 PM

View PostHammerfinn, on 29 June 2013 - 04:07 PM, said:

Every time they set a hard deadline, and miss it by a bit, everyone yells at them and calls them names. I wouldn't give this community a hard deadline if I was PGI.

If the hard deadline is missed, the most responsible thing you can do is apologize and set another date (or a timeframe).

The issue is not that dates are missed... it's that PGI isn't responsive and admit to fault in a timely fashion. We can ignore all of those whines about how things don't end up on time (because poop happens), but as a responsible human being... not just a company, you have to own up to mistakes.

This is also why people like Karl Berg isn't roasted over the coals for the mistakes in the netcode (and other stuff). He tells it likes it is, apologizes, and strives to do something about it. I can't say the same for the some of the other PGI members who aren't as responsive as he is.

Edited by Deathlike, 29 June 2013 - 05:52 PM.

#51 Ramien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts
  • LocationToledo

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:05 PM

Neverwinter also had plenty of problems on its own - and considering the fact that some of the problems were with things that were almost literally copied and pasted from Star Trek Online, their strongest feature is the Foundry, and there is almost a crippling lack of character variety. Not to mention that PW's customer service is some of the worst I've dealt with in a long time. I'd really give the edge in unfinished games to MW:O, but that's me.

#52 p00k

• 1,661 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

Oct 15
Sept 21

these dates have about as much meaning as
Open Beta, Summer 2012
Community Warfare, Fall 2012
Clan Invasion, Winter 2012-Spring 2013

or have we all forgotten those promises already

#53 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:52 PM

View Postp00k, on 29 June 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

Oct 15
Sept 21

They will deliver on October, unless the netcode doesn't come through... so the Locust will most likely be MIA.

Sept 21 on the other hand... is probably a marketing date than anything. I kinda expect it to be like MWO coming out of closed to open beta... it's still missing a whole lotta everything.

Those dates have little meaning though...

Open Beta, Summer 2012

Some people have the cheating spouse syndrome... they are promised that they won't be cheated on again, but, it happened again!

Good times.

Edited by Deathlike, 29 June 2013 - 10:53 PM.

#54 kesuga7

• The Challenger
  • The Challenger
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 29 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 27 June 2013 - 04:35 PM, said:

Take note of the list that Liked the post...
http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2487205

thats great lol

#55 DogmeatX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:53 AM

Apparently "big things" are coming in July so there's possibility they're going to start rolling out the foundations for community warfare very soon you know... this would make sense given the phoenix pack items release date too. It's not going to all happen in one go but gradual introduction, probably with stats gathering first (like matchmaker rollout)

#56 Zerstorer Stallin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 683 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:14 AM

View Postp00k, on 29 June 2013 - 10:19 PM, said:

Oct 15
Sept 21

these dates have about as much meaning as
Open Beta, Summer 2012

you forgot , No 3rd person, no coolant and a sim not a FPS in that list.

#57 SweetWarmIce

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 171 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:21 AM

Just want the details. Could not care less about what the dead line is.

#58 Zervziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVan Zandt

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:10 PM

View PostBlackDrakon, on 25 June 2013 - 05:21 PM, said:

CW is a mystery, I had faith on you when I pay for the founder's program, expecting and waiting with a lot of patience for CW to deliver. Now, you are trying to do the same, with a new program with an unfinished game, with tons of bugs, serious balance problems and with 0 information about how CW is going to be?

Sorry, but its not going to happen

Just hope those who have a piece of mind are with me and reject this program until we get REAL information about CW and a REAL deadline.

Don't stop now! You've almost got it!
Posted Image

#59 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:26 AM

View PostBlackDrakon, on 25 June 2013 - 06:06 PM, said:

When in September? any real date? c'mon, they will say October, then November, then sorry guys we cant deliver so we sold the project to another publisher/producer, thx for ur support....

So any date they give you will cry foul and QQ anyways? What was the point of your OP again, to vent... The date you seek is Tuesday. There just wait until then. LOL :)

#60 ArchMage Sparrowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

View PostDavoke, on 25 June 2013 - 05:31 PM, said:

So they're releasing a pack with CW stuff on a date when it wouldn't be useful? Even PGI wouldn't do that.

I want to tell you how long I rode around with Command Console and Beagle Probes before they were useful...

40 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 40 guests, 0 anonymous users