101 replies to this topic

#81 Greikhor

• Pip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 18 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:25 AM

I recieved my Overlord package and I got everything escept for the Factions cockpit medallions. When I went to the cockpit menu in the lab to check if they are available, there were none, all of the normal purchaseable with MC medallions only. I wanted to ask is there some kind of mistake on my side, or I recive them later because in the pack it is written, that I should recieve 4 of them, or I misunderstood something?

Edited by Greikhor, 16 October 2013 - 06:26 AM.

#82 Templar Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 06:57 AM

#83 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 12:09 PM

View PostGreikhor, on 16 October 2013 - 06:25 AM, said:

I recieved my Overlord package and I got everything escept for the Factions cockpit medallions. When I went to the cockpit menu in the lab to check if they are available, there were none, all of the normal purchaseable with MC medallions only. I wanted to ask is there some kind of mistake on my side, or I recive them later because in the pack it is written, that I should recieve 4 of them, or I misunderstood something?

View Postlordtzar, on 16 October 2013 - 06:57 AM, said:

Or to be a little more precise:
You select which medallions you want through your forum profile.

#84 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:34 PM

I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere (but I did a search and can't find it elsewhere):
I thought we would be able to turn off the Phoenix tag (Talon, Overlord, etc) just like Founders can turn their tags on and off.

I would think it'd be under "Profile" or "Forum Profile", but I don't see it.

Does that "toggle" function exist yet? Where do I find it?

Edited by Liquid Leopard, 16 October 2013 - 01:36 PM.

#85 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

View PostLiquid Leopard, on 16 October 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

I apologize if this has been addressed elsewhere (but I did a search and can't find it elsewhere):
I thought we would be able to turn off the Phoenix tag (Talon, Overlord, etc) just like Founders can turn their tags on and off.

It wasn't on at all yesterday. Give them some time. It was hardly the most important part of the package :P

#86 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:24 PM

View PostLiquid Leopard, on 16 October 2013 - 01:34 PM, said:

Turn it off? I wish I could turn it to a lower tier, all of which look cooler than Overlord. :P

S

Edited by Terciel1976, 16 October 2013 - 03:24 PM.

#87 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:29 PM

View PostTerciel1976, on 16 October 2013 - 03:24 PM, said:

Turn it off? I wish I could turn it to a lower tier, all of which look cooler than Overlord. :P

S

Here here! ;)
Blow peoples minds when 'that Talon guy' shows up in the Phoenix Battlemaster (which is probably why we would never get that :()

#88 Taynak

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:57 PM

quick question... if you could verify... would it be better to pick 4 medals of one faction or would it be better to get one medal from 4 different factions... im wondering if some of have chose in error...

#89 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 18 October 2013 - 03:33 AM

I'm not picking medallions until I know how they work.

But honestly, I plan on picking 4 different ones. I don't think a single mech can use more than one, and since I can only pilot one mech at a time I'll just swap out the medallions between mech.

#90 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 18 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

View PostTaynak, on 17 October 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

quick question... if you could verify... would it be better to pick 4 medals of one faction or would it be better to get one medal from 4 different factions... im wondering if some of have chose in error...

View PostBuckminster, on 18 October 2013 - 03:33 AM, said:

I'm not picking medallions until I know how they work.

But honestly, I plan on picking 4 different ones. I don't think a single mech can use more than one, and since I can only pilot one mech at a time I'll just swap out the medallions between mech.

I would assume if you are the kind unlikely to change factions 4 of one medallion would be the better option.
Likewise if you are likely to change factions, you would want various medallions.
And on a similar note, if you are completely unsure of what faction you would want - holding off or picking 4 random/not-so-random medallions would be the safe bet. :)

Hope that helps...

#91 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 18 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

The "elephant in the room" on medal swapping is the mooted "4 ready mechs" that seems to be coming. There may be no opportunity to swap. For medals...no big deal. I am a bit more concerned about modules. Could cost me 50mm to get additional copies to have four mechs "fully ready."

S

#92 Airicut

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:55 PM

hai

#93 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 23 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

I got 3 of one and 1 of the another so I don't have to swap all the time. I probably should have waited, but oh well.

#94 Cry0

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationSEA

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:26 PM

Hey guys, unfortunately, I have been out of MW:O for a very looong time (for personal reasons) and missed the early bird special for Project Phoenix, and now I'm so confused if I should get a package or not. :) I'm just interested on the Phoenix mech variants but aside from the unique colour you get, they look to be a bad variant.

Just so you know. one of the reasons that is setting me back is I still have all my MC from the founders package, and I can use it to get mech bays as I need them and wait for hero mechs with cbill and/or either loyalty bonus. I'm guessing the medallions with loyalty bonus with be put up on sale too, and I can all get them with my saved up MCs. Btw, I also still have my premium time banked and haven't used it yet - still waiting for the right time to use it. Hehe..

I probably won't have a hard time convincing myself of buying a Phoenix package if I found out about the early bird special. ^_^ So guys, can you please help me to see the value of getting one of these packages at this point in time?

Thanks!

Edited by Cry0, 25 October 2013 - 02:29 PM.

#95 Eaerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 250 posts

Posted 25 October 2013 - 02:50 PM

Think you have to ask yourself if you want the mechs and do you regurally use premium time when you play. Just the cost of the premium time puts it close in value to just buying premium time, then once you factor in the hero mechs (3) and mech bays (12) the proenix pack is a better buy than trying to buy all those seperate.
Most people agree the Shadowhawks are real good mechs with the Thunderbolts and Battlemasters both being solid chassis as well. The locusts are like driving a super charged Pinto with a barrel of gas sitting next to you but speed is fun sometime and they still have decent hardpoints, just fragile.
You do not have to keep all the varients once you buy the pack but still retain the mech bays.

#96 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 25 October 2013 - 04:53 PM

View PostEaerie, on 25 October 2013 - 02:50 PM, said:

You do not have to keep all the varients once you buy the pack but still retain the mech bays.

You do have the keep the (P) mechs though :)
Some people claim to have not bought the Phoenix packs simply because then they would be stuck with the locust.

Me - I am glad I bought mine, but I am one of those weirdos who likes his locust to so my opinion may be invalid B)

#97 Eaerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 250 posts

Posted 26 October 2013 - 11:44 AM

Yes you have to keep the (P) mechs but still leaves you with 9 free mech bays if you want to go that route and concidering the (P) mechs are considered "hero" mechs which at this time do not come with a mech bay you have to factor that into your price. Which is why I mentioned 12 mech bays.
But anyway, I like all the mechs so far, still working on builds but that is nothing new for me. I change things up quite regurally untill I feel comfortable with the build.

#98 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 27 October 2013 - 08:17 AM

View PostCry0, on 25 October 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

Hey guys, unfortunately, I have been out of MW:O for a very looong time (for personal reasons) and missed the early bird special for Project Phoenix, and now I'm so confused if I should get a package or not. :P I'm just interested on the Phoenix mech variants but aside from the unique colour you get, they look to be a bad variant.

The Locust variant is technically the worst, but it's the one I like the most. That said, I don't care for the Locust (It's been fun, but I'll stick with my jenners).

The Shadowhawk 2H is a very nice variant, with the most balistic hard points, allowing for some interesting build options. All 3 variants of the Shadowhawk are strong, and the word I keep hearing is the 2H is becoming the favorite for competition builds.

The Thunderbolt, I prefer the 5S to the 5SS, but the 9SE's jump jets make it probably the top variant. Still, the 5S is formidable and can bring firepower in many different forms.

The Battlemaster variants are all fun. The 1G has the limited torso twist, but it has as many mount points as a Stalker, including 2 Balistic points, and as long as you don't need the 3rd, it's more flexable than the 1D. The 1D is nice if you don't want the missiles, and the 1S brings all the missiles and then some, so all 3 are effective.

Beyond that, the only early bird special you missed was an extra 30 days.

Now is it worth it? That's for you to decide.

#99 Jester McCloud

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 November 2013 - 03:26 PM

You are rights. Locusts are fun. I'm not a light pilot, but every so often I'll get into the Trial Spider or my Locusts. I love a good "light-fight". You know, about 3 or 4 lights, going breakneck speed, circle and shooting..... A real rush.

#100 Daxxx

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 28 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:16 PM

I've searched high and low but can't seem to find what weapons and such are included with the additional variants that come with the Phoenix packages. Any ideas?

Edited by Spanxster, 20 November 2013 - 07:17 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users