#61 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 06 October 2013 - 10:34 AM

View Poststinkypuppy, on 04 October 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

so as long as we are bumping this old topic i might as well add to it. when you get your phoenix packages i recommend mastering all mechs before selling any standards, i'm sure it would be disappointing if you sold your standard locust variants as soon as you got the packs and 1 week later you found out they were great mechs and uh oh, looks like you don't have the extra mechs to master your phoenix variant and now you need to repurchase those locusts with your c-bills that you could have saved to buy more upgrades for your phoenix mechs.
BTW wont put to much of a dent in your wallet, its estimated that the locust will be around 1,500,000 - 2,000,000 C-bills. buying the 2 you sold though would cost around 3,000,000 - 4,000,000 that you could have used for upgrades on your other mechs like ferro-fiberous armor, neo-steel frames, and new engines.

selling battle-masters thinking that "i never liked them anyway, i just want the overlord title and extra premium" is a whole different story... a story that would cost you 20,000,000 C-bills

Technically you would only "have" to get Basic on the variants, then you could Elite the Phoenix, and assuming you pilot other lights, you could Elite two of those and get Master on the Locust.

That's my plan as I already have Elite on 4 light mechs. May or may not sell them, just depends on how they play.

#62 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:48 AM

They come with their own mechbays, so it's not like they're taking up any additional space. Then again, I'm a hoarder - I have every mech I've ever purchased.

#63 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:57 AM

1. Be a tool
2. ??????
3. No profit

#64 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

View PostNamesAreStupid, on 07 October 2013 - 08:57 AM, said:

1. Be a tool
2. ??????
3. No profit

Ummm......what?

#65 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:10 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 07 October 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

Ummm......what?

You've been a member from 2012, I don't really need to explain anything to you.

#66 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 02:44 PM

View PostNamesAreStupid, on 07 October 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

And at that you declare yourself an Elitist and Troll
At the very least by the definitions I use.

Troll for the first post.
Elitist for the second.

I would not recommend bothering to respond, as you have joined the rather exclusive club known as "Shar Wolf's Ignore List"

Have a nice day sir.
I would also recommend you spend it far from here, as here appears to be a place that is impossible for you to be happy in.

#67 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:39 PM

View PostNamesAreStupid, on 07 October 2013 - 01:10 PM, said:

Been around a while, and as you no doubt noticed did not join the Founders club. Had high hopes for this, still do, but I don't spend money easily.

You, however, did spend money, and now seem to be regretting it. That is what I am wondering about. Why all the hate toward MWO, the Phoenix stuff etc? If you don't think the game is worth what you put into it (yet you play 40K???) then why are you here?

Is MWO all it was promised to be? No. Did they get some stuff wrong? In my opinion, Yes. But I believe that once CW comes out, they get it sorted, it will at least be fun to play. I've dropped $40 so far (Storm package, as I don't count Sarah's Mech) but even if CW sucks, it will still be a Mechwarrior sim and I will play for free.

#68 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:36 PM

View PostShar Wolf, on 07 October 2013 - 02:44 PM, said:

And at that you declare yourself an Elitist and Troll
At the very least by the definitions I use.

Troll for the first post.
Elitist for the second.

I would not recommend bothering to respond, as you have joined the rather exclusive club known as "Shar Wolf's Ignore List"

Have a nice day sir.
I would also recommend you spend it far from here, as here appears to be a place that is impossible for you to be happy in.

What an *******. I didn't mean it in an elitist way, but in 'You've been here long enough to know what the general opinion of PGI is'. And what are you if not a troll. Saying not to respond and then immediately baiting me. I assume that his majesty has since left the thread and I will not be receiving an answer from him.

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 07 October 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

Been around a while, and as you no doubt noticed did not join the Founders club. Had high hopes for this, still do, but I don't spend money easily.

You, however, did spend money, and now seem to be regretting it. That is what I am wondering about. Why all the hate toward MWO, the Phoenix stuff etc? If you don't think the game is worth what you put into it (yet you play 40K???) then why are you here?

Is MWO all it was promised to be? No. Did they get some stuff wrong? In my opinion, Yes. But I believe that once CW comes out, they get it sorted, it will at least be fun to play. I've dropped $40 so far (Storm package, as I don't count Sarah's Mech) but even if CW sucks, it will still be a Mechwarrior sim and I will play for free.

Nah, I had enough fun for my money (and CB was more interesting, since there was some 'aggressive balancing').

I'm here because there is a tiny chance PGI will stop being idiots. My biggest problems with the game aren't even the never-coming CW and UI 2.0.

Also don't forget you still don't have a solid date for the real CW (Phase 3) so you might have to wait another year for it, you know. Your sentence basically sums up one of the biggest problems: "But I believe that once CW comes out, they get it sorted, it will at least be fun to play". CW phase one was supposed to be here in January. And then was delayed 3-5 times before the blackout, no reason for it not to be delayed again.
If they are working so hard on UI 2.0 why haven't we gotten any screenshots? All the CW info is just that, info. No content.

#69 Geek Verve

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCentral Indiana, USA

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:28 AM

View PostGRiPSViGiL, on 24 July 2013 - 08:56 PM, said:

Overlord for me....just saw it as a good deal since I have thoroughly enjoyed the game in the few weeks I have been playing to warrant the purchase.

That's exactly that way I look at it as well. It's been several years since I've been this thoroughly engrossed in a game. Maybe by this time next year, I might be as jaded and bitter as some of the "old-timers", but I hope not. As for now, Project Phoenix is more than worth every penny to me.

#70 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:15 AM

Just a casual estimate on the time you also save with this package:

A few assumptions here:
Average match earns you about 100,000 in 10 minutes. Might be high, might be low, but seems right enough for this. Premium time and hero mechs not factored into this.
The mechs will run about 2 million per weight class (this is likely high for some, low for others, but again, we're estimating).

So, time saved per package:
Talon: 10 Hours
Storm: 30 hours
Guardian: 60 hours
Overlord: 100 hours
+ Saber: +40 Hours

Now that's just time saving up for the mechs.

Honestly, that plus the extras (particularly the mech bays) are what convinced me to go for the Overlord. I'm hoping the Saber package is available for a while longer, as I can probably sell that as a Christmas present.

#71 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:49 AM

View PostNamesAreStupid, on 07 October 2013 - 11:36 PM, said:

What an *******. I didn't mean it in an elitist way, but in 'You've been here long enough to know what the general opinion of PGI is'. And what are you if not a troll. Saying not to respond and then immediately baiting me. I assume that his majesty has since left the thread and I will not be receiving an answer from him.

Then I apologize: you may not have meant it that way - but your phrasings of what you said was Elitist at BEST.
You are on my ignore list for personal messages though.

The have a nice day was probably badly put - but it was meant (like you claim your saying were) in a form of kindness.

Edit: I acknowledge that my own phrasings are probably (almost guaranteed) no better :D

Edited by Shar Wolf, 08 October 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#72 Geek Verve

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • LocationCentral Indiana, USA

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:55 AM

View PostBront, on 08 October 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

Honestly, that plus the extras (particularly the mech bays) are what convinced me to go for the Overlord. I'm hoping the Saber package is available for a while longer, as I can probably sell that as a Christmas present.

I take it we have no idea how long the Saber package will be available? Anybody?

#73 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 08 October 2013 - 10:58 AM

View PostGeek Verve, on 08 October 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

I take it we have no idea how long the Saber package will be available? Anybody?

Supposedly someone said till December. I'm hoping that's the case.

#74 Crohnic

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 87 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

I'm a little confused about how weight limits/tonnage limits are going to be implemented in the future.

Does anyone feel the value of the Overlord package will be diminished once we see this being added to the game?

#75 Buckminster

• Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 11 October 2013 - 09:55 AM

Honestly, the value of the package depends on what you are looking to get out of it.

I was looking for 12 old school mechs (with mechbays) that I didn't have to grind to purchase, 4 of which will give me a c-bill boost. So no matter what they do with drops and tonnage limits, I'm getting what I wanted.

#76 Zenki Style

• Pip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:19 AM

So probably not the right place as the thread says overlord. However i just dumped my money on the talon package. My first lights ever owned (play centurions mostly) Hoping saber reinforcements are available till december though because thats why i payed for talon

#77 gamewiz1

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationFoley, AL

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:43 PM

Does the Overlord Medallion also give the loyalty reward? I am desperate to find info somewhere, but I can't figure it out. I am wanting to place that medal on my Battlemaster, but if it doesn't give the loyalty reward, it may not be the best choice, as the other medallion has a benefit to using it. Anyone here know for sure if it also gives the bonus?

Does the Overlord Medallion also give the loyalty reward? I am desperate to find info somewhere, but I can't figure it out. I am wanting to place that medal on my Battlemaster, but if it doesn't give the loyalty reward, it may not be the best choice, as the other medallion has a benefit to using it. Anyone here know for sure if it also gives the bonus?

#78 Alaskan Nobody

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 15 October 2013 - 02:51 PM

View Postgamewiz1, on 15 October 2013 - 02:43 PM, said:

Interesting variation on a double-post BTW...

As for the overlord medalion, I do not believe so, but I have absolutely no knowledge one way or the other :)
I plan on putting mine in my locust.... just because.

#79 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 03:03 PM

View PostBront, on 08 October 2013 - 10:15 AM, said:

Just a casual estimate on the time you also save with this package:

A few assumptions here:
Average match earns you about 100,000 in 10 minutes. Might be high, might be low, but seems right enough for this. Premium time and hero mechs not factored into this.
The mechs will run about 2 million per weight class (this is likely high for some, low for others, but again, we're estimating).

So, time saved per package:
Talon: 10 Hours
Storm: 30 hours
Guardian: 60 hours
Overlord: 100 hours
+ Saber: +40 Hours

Now that's just time saving up for the mechs.

Equating time factor.. ..brilliant post!

#80 Cold Cash

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 165 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:12 PM

Im having fun!!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users