Project Phoenix Overlord Purchasing Guide

101 replies to this topic

#41 Buckminster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,577 posts
  • LocationBaltimore, MD

Posted 22 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

For me, the Locust was mostly a wash, I bought the overlord package for the Thunderbolt and Battlemaster, they were two of my favorites in the old TT game. The Shadow Hawk wasn't as much of a favorite, but still looks nice. So I figure that I'm getting 9 mechs that I'm looking forward to, and 3 mechs that are for just goofing off in. Not too bad as far as I'm concerned.

#42 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 22 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

Pretty sure those variants are all the 'basic' or original variants... was not around when they first came out (Mechwarrior2 was my introduction to the series -31st Century Combat, not Mercenaries) but that is what Sarna has for them...

So I am not surprised at all that those are the variants they are showing us for the 'hero' versions.

#43 xengk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 23 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

The reseen mechs weren't really a drawing point for me, I started in Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries and the mechs that I most related to for Mechwarrior are the Zeus, Crab, Clint, Thug, Nova and Mad Dog.

$80 for 4 unique "founder" mech, avoiding cbill grind time for 8 mechs, 12 mech bay and 120days of premium time is definitely a good deal. The faction medals are just bonus.

#44 PPO Kuro

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 300 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 23 July 2013 - 04:33 AM

View Postxengk, on 23 July 2013 - 02:34 AM, said:

The reseen mechs weren't really a drawing point for me, I started in Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries and the mechs that I most related to for Mechwarrior are the Zeus, Crab, Clint, Thug, Nova and Mad Dog.

$80 for 4 unique "founder" mech, avoiding cbill grind time for 8 mechs, 12 mech bay and 120days of premium time is definitely a good deal. The faction medals are just bonus.

Exaclty the reason I changed my mind and bought the Overlord package. Even if I hate the Locust (lights aren't my favorite mechs to pilot) I have 3 new bays. :)

#45 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:56 PM

Overlord for me....just saw it as a good deal since I have thoroughly enjoyed the game in the few weeks I have been playing to warrant the purchase.

#46 Jess Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel V
  • Star Colonel V
  • 643 posts
  • LocationFrozen in Time Somewhere IDK?

Posted 24 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

I'm not so keen to throw my money at PGI anymore since they have not delivered on any of their promises since I bought the founders package 2 years ago.

#47 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:55 AM

Don't tell the wife, but I had to go for overlord. Except for Simcity, I haven't had to buy a game since closed beta let me in.

Was going to be buying more premium time anyways. I can always use more mech bays. The early access to 3 classic mechs is a huge bonus.

I may never get my Maurader, but I'll at least be able to run a Shadowhawk which I have found memories reading about in the novels.

#48 KitK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 06:13 AM

Has anyone not bought this for reasons other than PGI hate/distrust/disappointment/etc.?

#49 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:41 AM

View PostKitK, on 25 July 2013 - 06:13 AM, said:

Has anyone not bought this for reasons other than PGI hate/distrust/disappointment/etc.?

Lack of funding would be another reason...

#50 KitK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostDracol, on 25 July 2013 - 10:41 AM, said:

Lack of funding would be another reason...

Yes, I suspect that is one of the major reasons, and one of the most objective reasons, too.

#51 Fr0z7y

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 66 posts
  • Locationbehind 73h_m0nz73r

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:30 PM

i have never bought any of the cockpit items as i did not know if i could take them out of that mech and put them into another mech that i would like to put them in.. is there anyone that can answer this question: am i able to transfer cockpit items once i purchase them, and if i have them installed in a mech i happen to scrap, do i retain the cockpit items or do those just suddenly disappear too? will i be able to transfer the medallions to other mechs i like after im done grinding in the mechs im trying to get xp in? such as, if i am grinding for mech xp in the shadowhawk variants, and have reached the master level, and now want to start grinding in the battlemaster variants, can i just remove the medallions from those shadowhawks and put them into my battlemasters now? or are they forever stuck in the shadowhawks i previously placed them in? they have said that you can get all of one type of medallion by the way guys.. don't know if this topic is closed yet, but i will be asking somewhere else soon too..

#52 Rasako

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 214 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 03:42 PM

View PostFr0z7y, on 18 August 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

i have never bought any of the cockpit items as i did not know if i could take them out of that mech and put them into another mech that i would like to put them in.. is there anyone that can answer this question: am i able to transfer cockpit items once i purchase them, and if i have them installed in a mech i happen to scrap, do i retain the cockpit items or do those just suddenly disappear too? will i be able to transfer the medallions to other mechs i like after im done grinding in the mechs im trying to get xp in? such as, if i am grinding for mech xp in the shadowhawk variants, and have reached the master level, and now want to start grinding in the battlemaster variants, can i just remove the medallions from those shadowhawks and put them into my battlemasters now? or are they forever stuck in the shadowhawks i previously placed them in? they have said that you can get all of one type of medallion by the way guys.. don't know if this topic is closed yet, but i will be asking somewhere else soon too..

you can take them on and off like modules, just make sure you dont sell the mech with a cockpit item still attached just in case it disappears with it

#53 Fr0z7y

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 66 posts
  • Locationbehind 73h_m0nz73r

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:46 AM

thank you very very very much!!! that answer is very very much appreciated!!!

#54 Jaynestown

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 19 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

View PostRasako, on 18 August 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

you can take them on and off like modules, just make sure you dont sell the mech with a cockpit item still attached just in case it disappears with it

Wow. Thank you. I had no idea this was the case.

Thanks, OP for the guide. This helped me rationalize my purchase of the Overlord package. Like many, not super excited about the Locust, but pretty pumped about the Thunderbolt, Battlemaster, and Shadow Hawk, in that order. I think it's still a great deal even without the "early bird" discount. Chance you'll update the post to reflect that 4 months boost is no longer an option?

#55 Drollzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPerth

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:33 PM

View PostBrown Hornet, on 28 June 2013 - 04:07 AM, said:

I bought the $0 package, then popped down $125 on Star Citizen

I bought the $80 package and bought my self the constellation on star citizen... FTL with its own fighter in the hangar!!! shut up and take my money :( didnt want to post how much the constellation pack was lol might make peeps angry...

#56 KitK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 297 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:42 AM

View PostJaynestown, on 19 August 2013 - 10:56 AM, said:

Wow. Thank you. I had no idea this was the case.

Thanks, OP for the guide. This helped me rationalize my purchase of the Overlord package. Like many, not super excited about the Locust, but pretty pumped about the Thunderbolt, Battlemaster, and Shadow Hawk, in that order. I think it's still a great deal even without the "early bird" discount. Chance you'll update the post to reflect that 4 months boost is no longer an option?

I thought about updating it, but I didn't feel like doing the math, especially after finally caving in and buying the package myself. Now they are adding paint, patterns and cockpit items for sales milestones, which keeps the value changing too. Though I will go insert a note that the numbers are based on early bird to help avoid confusion.

#57 lefty1117

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:25 PM

i threw my money at the screen but nothing happened. so i bought overlord with paypal

#58 Albert Cowboy Teuton

• PipPipPip
  • 71 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:44 PM

View PostJohnny Reb, on 26 June 2013 - 09:57 PM, said:

I still want to know if all purchased mechs are locked, like the 4 founders, or can I sell the standard variants when im done with them and keep the mech bay slot.

Same question here... I don't care about locusts, I don't want them to clutter my mechbay. unfortunately, they're the only mech you can't avoid getting... sigh.

#59 Trynn

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  • LocationGreat White North

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:58 PM

As I understand it, the specials will not be sellable, the standards can be sold and you can keep the mech bays.

#60 stinkypuppy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 153 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the great plains of canada

Posted 04 October 2013 - 02:24 PM

so as long as we are bumping this old topic i might as well add to it. when you get your phoenix packages i recommend mastering all mechs before selling any standards, i'm sure it would be disappointing if you sold your standard locust variants as soon as you got the packs and 1 week later you found out they were great mechs and uh oh, looks like you don't have the extra mechs to master your phoenix variant and now you need to repurchase those locusts with your c-bills that you could have saved to buy more upgrades for your phoenix mechs.
BTW wont put to much of a dent in your wallet, its estimated that the locust will be around 1,500,000 - 2,000,000 C-bills. buying the 2 you sold though would cost around 3,000,000 - 4,000,000 that you could have used for upgrades on your other mechs like ferro-fiberous armor, neo-steel frames, and new engines.

selling battle-masters thinking that "i never liked them anyway, i just want the overlord title and extra premium" is a whole different story... a story that would cost you 20,000,000 C-bills

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users