Do You Think Srms Could Use A Buff, Perhaps, Maybe?

23 replies to this topic

Poll: Do you think SRMs need a buff? (32 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think SRMs need a buff?

1. No. (1 votes [3.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

2. Hell, No! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Maybe (31 votes [96.88%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 96.88%

4. It's Beta. / ABstain (0 votes [0.00%])

If you think they might need a buff, where would you start

1. 2 damage per missile and adjust from there. (18 votes [56.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 56.25%

2. Always double the LRM missile damage (like the TT imply) (1 votes [3.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 3.12%

3. 2.5 damage per missile, as it used to be when splash damage was still a major factor. (9 votes [28.12%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.12%

4. Increase it in 0.1 to 0.2 damage per missile steps every patch until morale improves. (2 votes [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

5. None of the previous damage values (0 votes [0.00%])

6. I would not adjust damage, but do something else instead. (0 votes [0.00%])

7. They are fine, I wouldn't change anything. (2 votes [6.25%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 6.25%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:21 AM

I sense that some community members are unhappy with the performance of SRMs.

So, what do you think?

Edited by MustrumRidcully, 27 June 2013 - 01:25 AM.

#2 blinkin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:23 AM

i think SRM are just about perfect where they are. just give me proper hit detection on fast mechs and i will be happy (it is frustrating to watch a light mech take more direct hits than any assault mech ever could).

#3 MustrumRidcully

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:25 AM

Wow, the first poll was supposed to be obviosuly biased, but how did I mistype the thread title like that?

#4 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

So no "yes" option, just a tiny little biased thread.

I say: yes, buff these srms, they are like shooting peanuts in mass, resulting in ridiculous damage inflicted to the target.

This by the absence of damage and by the silly tube like pattern.. I want the old pulsing concentration path back! At least you knew that at 150m, 70m and below, you could score some solid hits in rather precise areas of the enemy target.

Back in the day there was a much higher damage per missile + the bugged splash. Now the splas isn't threre anymore and the damage is ridiculous, the flight path makes them even more ridiculous and doesn't award you any bonus when you want to get up close like the previous SRMs did when you successfuly mad it within 100m from your target.

Worthless SRMs + Seismic Sensor + hell of PPC/GRs and brawling has become a forgotten way to fight. Buffing SRMs for good will shift the gameplay back to something more balanced, at least you have an option if you want to get up close.

#5 MustrumRidcully

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 02:48 AM

View PostJohn MatriX82, on 27 June 2013 - 01:34 AM, said:

So no "yes" option, just a tiny little biased thread.

Yes. There is not all that much disagreement o nthe topic, considering how many "Buff SRM" topics this forum has. So I though to make the first question a joke. Even a biased poll can not alway guarantee confirmation of that bias, as we see here.
Let's call it a social experiment.

Worthless SRMs + Seismic Sensor + hell of PPC/GRs and brawling has become a forgotten way to fight. Buffing SRMs for good will shift the gameplay back to something more balanced, at least you have an option if you want to get up close.

I am still not sur eif it would be enough, but I am absolutely certian it will help and it's necessary.

#6 John MatriX82

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,398 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 27 June 2013 - 02:48 AM, said:

Yes. There is not all that much disagreement o nthe topic, considering how many "Buff SRM" topics this forum has. So I though to make the first question a joke. Even a biased poll can not alway guarantee confirmation of that bias, as we see here.

I am still not sur eif it would be enough, but I am absolutely certian it will help and it's necessary.

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 27 June 2013 - 02:48 AM, said:

Ok then but yet there's truly no "**** yeah" option, so I can't post the vote nevertheless :P

#7 xenoglyph

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,480 posts
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 27 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

Props.

Hey, somebody go and bump my threads on page 2 would ya?

#8 Zyllos

• 2,818 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:03 AM

Should be increased to 2.0 per SRM (leave it 1.5 per SSRM) and then make them ripple fire to balance out alpha strikes.

Smaller launchers won't feel much different with ripple fire and boating a bunch of SRM/2's is not much of a problem at 2.0 damage per SRM. But a bunch of SRM/4 and SRM/6 would lead to issues at 2.0 per SRM, even with thier current spread.

The ripple firing effect will require mechs to aim their launchers for a fraction of a second (assuming they ripple fire at a rate of 1 SRM per 0.1s) per launcher fired. This would also add to the visual fidelity of the game.

Edited by Zyllos, 27 June 2013 - 06:03 AM.

#9 BillyM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 530 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

2.0dmg SRM (not SSRM) NOW!

...and make anyone running more than 3x srm6's suffer heat penalties like they were talking about with PPC's.

Mediums viable, Boating nerfed, done...

--billyM

Edited by BillyM, 27 June 2013 - 06:53 AM.

#10 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 06:53 AM

The damage could be bumped up a bit, but I don't blame them for not rushing the numbers upward.

#11 Lightfoot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,612 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 27 June 2013 - 09:45 AM

They need a tighter flight path at max distance, so at some point they need to go straight. Where I don't know.

#12 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

View PostLightfoot, on 27 June 2013 - 09:45 AM, said:

They need a tighter flight path at max distance, so at some point they need to go straight. Where I don't know.

i like this idea. and holy crap i am blind for not considering it before. i got stuck in the damned cone mentality.

#13 Peter2000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:33 AM

Troll poll is troll poll. We have 2 "no" options, 1 "maybe", and 1 "abstain". I get it - you like the word "no". Then why on earth is there not a "No ****, Sherlock?" option.

#14 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

View PostBillyM, on 27 June 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

2.0dmg SRM (not SSRM) NOW!

...and make anyone running more than 3x srm6's suffer heat penalties like they were talking about with PPC's.

Mediums viable, Boating nerfed, done...

--billyM

OK then, riddle me this.

Issue currently is getting to target(s) across whatever open ground is needed, in good shape enough to fight on after arriving.

Problem child: The PPC/Gauss (or 6).

Question: How is having a slightly better SRM rocket launcher going to help you get across that deadly divide any better, or in better shape, than now?

Answer: It won't. You will still suffer the PPC/Gauss onslaught, just as before, but yes, you will certainly be consoled by knowing that IF you had made it, in relatively good shape, you would still die to those same Boats, just as it happens now.

Edited by MaddMaxx, 27 June 2013 - 11:11 AM.

#15 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:19 AM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 27 June 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

OK then, riddle me this.

Issue currently is getting to target(s) across whatever open ground is needed, in good shape enough to fight on after arriving.

Question: How is having a slightly better SRM rocket launcher going to help you get across that deadly divide any better, or in better shape, than now?

Answer: It won't. You will still suffer the PPC/Gauss onslaught, just as before, but yes, you will certainly be consoled by knowing that IF you had made it, in relatively good shape, you would still die to those same Boats, just as it happens now.

i mentioned this before and most ignored the issue.

#16 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

View Postblinkin, on 27 June 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

i mentioned this before and most ignored the issue.

Logic has no place blinkin, sad but true. :(

#17 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 27 June 2013 - 11:21 AM, said:

Logic has no place blinkin, sad but true. :(

just give everyone a knife that insta gibs any mech with a PPC and of course it will balance everything perfectly!

#18 Kaldor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:28 AM

Posted Image

Current implementation of SRMs....

#19 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

Why aren't all the options some variant of "yes"?

#20 Kunae

• 4,303 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

View PostMaddMaxx, on 27 June 2013 - 11:10 AM, said:

OK then, riddle me this.

Because people, other than you, who actually know how to play, can find ways to get close and kill them.

Unlike now, where even if you are able to get close, you don't have enough punch to kill them quickly enough.

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users