#21 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 09:05 PM

edit: nvm

nice work btw

Edited by Tennex, 02 August 2013 - 09:07 PM.

#22 GingerBang

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • LocationThe Airport Hilton

Posted 02 August 2013 - 11:59 PM

Now if only MWO's art department picked a particular style for each faction, instead of just making all the mechs so square. That would be EPIC.

#23 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:19 AM

View PostGingerBang, on 02 August 2013 - 11:59 PM, said:

Now if only MWO's art department picked a particular style for each faction, instead of just making all the mechs so square. That would be EPIC.

That would be quite hard. You see:

First off, they'd effectively have to redesign each mech from the ground up, at which point they could just go all in and create completely apocryphal mechs themselves.

Second problem is di/tri/... - factional mechs which are for all intents and purposes impossible to define in authorrship.

Lastly, you'd end up with the problem of Star League. Most of these designs are from the Star League manufacture and were only adopted by the various factions. Thus a lot of them would end up having the same aesthetic just like now.

#24 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

i like the current style. I think FD gets a lot of his inspiration from tanks. so he uses a lot of flat themed parts in his mechs.

what i don't like is that all humanoids have long retangular box legs. It would be nice to see some curves, and some triangular angles, instead of just being boxy

but if the orion concept art is anygood it will come out somewhat more rounded. even its legs.\\

heres a model a fan did

Posted Image

Edited by Tennex, 03 August 2013 - 07:40 AM.

#25 NighterRO

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Flea

Just a little confusion here, the Flea also seems to be a FWL mech since "it was introduced as its first light scout mech" as sarna described; yet most factories were controlled by CC at that time. So which faction actually designed the Flea?

Also, those factories by now are mostly controlled by FWL. I believe the Flea can be catagorized as a FWL mech as well?

#26 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:07 AM

View PostNighterRO, on 03 August 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

Just a little confusion here, the Flea also seems to be a FWL mech since "it was introduced as its first light scout mech" as sarna described; yet most factories were controlled by CC at that time. So which faction actually designed the Flea?

Also, those factories by now are mostly controlled by FWL. I believe the Flea can be catagorized as a FWL mech as well?

seems like flea is produced from Asuncion, Bernardo, and Victoria by earthwerks. and you are right Marik does have plants making them

Asunicon + Bernardo being in the FWL
only Victoria is in CC territory

In 3050 Flea has already been popularized by the Wolf's Dragoon and these factories are no longer producing them for WD exclusively

Edited by Tennex, 06 August 2013 - 05:09 PM.

#27 Rascula

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Talon
  • Talon
  • 387 posts
  • LocationWord of Blake Protectorate, Epsilon Eridani.

Posted 03 August 2013 - 11:38 AM

Good work putting that list together, nice one! ;)

#28 Trauglodyte

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

I bow before and appreciate the superiour canon knowledge. Keep it up.

#29 Enervation

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 161 posts
  • LocationD/FW, Texas

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:05 PM

View PostNighterRO, on 03 August 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

Excellent catch! i thought i checked the world's ownership for each mech, but i guess this one slipped though the cracks. I'll update the OP.

View PostTennex, on 03 August 2013 - 11:07 AM, said:

Asunicon + Bernardo being in the FRR
only Victoria is in CC territory

I would just like to say, you sir are a jerk. When i read this my heart skipped a beat and i was so excited that my faction is making two (2!!) mechs in the game that i almost updated the OP without checking up on you first.
I believe what you meant to say was:

This information being correct, and as stated above i shall adjust the lists.

Thanks you guys again for all the double checks, likes and support, i really appreciate it. I hope i dont sound too indignant when a correction isnt actually correct, but i do appreciate the responses.

#30 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 05:08 PM

View PostEnervation, on 06 August 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

Excellent catch! i thought i checked the world's ownership for each mech, but i guess this one slipped though the cracks. I'll update the OP.

I would just like to say, you sir are a jerk. When i read this my heart skipped a beat and i was so excited that my faction is making two (2!!) mechs in the game that i almost updated the OP without checking up on you first.

Thanks you guys again for all the double checks, likes and support, i really appreciate it. I hope i dont sound too indignant when a correction isnt actually correct, but i do appreciate the responses.

aha my bad freudian slip

Edited by Tennex, 06 August 2013 - 05:08 PM.

#31 NighterRO

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:04 AM

View PostEnervation, on 06 August 2013 - 05:05 PM, said:

No problem! I was trying to figure out the "which mechs are preferred by certain faction" list and made a list myself before as well. So what I did was just cross-examining. :( The list you provided helps me a lot, too! :wacko:

Here's another information I found that may add to your list, since the St.Ives Compact has a close relationship with the Federated Sun, they also have access to the FS medium Blackjack, specifically the BJ-3, which was the special upgraded variants of the compact and manufactured by Ceres Metals Industry on St.Ives . :huh:

http://www.sarna.net...ck_(BattleMech)
http://www.sarna.net...tals_Industries

#32 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:39 AM

What about the Wolverine and Griffin?

#33 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 12:43 PM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 26 July 2013 - 10:59 AM, said:

I'm curious as to where you see the Victor being used by Davion. They did use the Battlemaster (not on your list) but mechs like the Victor, Hunchy, Atlas, etc weren't house specific but rather used by all factions.

Everybody has victor attached to lyrians or fedsuns. But victors are most definately Liao too though. The LuWeiBing being an 85ton Capellan upgrade in the 3145 TRO.

even drawn by alex himself.... looks familiar?
Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Tennex, 11 August 2013 - 12:47 PM.

#34 Enervation

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 161 posts
  • LocationD/FW, Texas

Posted 11 August 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostNighterRO, on 07 August 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

Here's another information I found that may add to your list, since the St.Ives Compact has a close relationship with the Federated Sun, they also have access to the FS medium Blackjack, specifically the BJ-3, which was the special upgraded variants of the compact and manufactured by Ceres Metals Industry on St.Ives . :(

http://www.sarna.net...ck_(BattleMech)
http://www.sarna.net...tals_Industries

Now that is an interesting nugget of info. The knowlege is there, it just needs a clever eye to spot it xD

#35 CorranHorn

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 68 posts

Posted 12 August 2013 - 09:16 PM

This is an awesome topic, you really did your research. You might have had a few mistakes, but wow you did a good job still.

#36 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:57 PM

"The Kintaro is a powerful sight to behold, belying its medium size. Built for the Star League to showcase the Narc missile designator, it was a powerful team player until the liberation of Terra from the Usurper led to the Kintaro factory on Mars being shut down. Attrition contributed to the near extinction of the Kintaro before the Third Succession War, but General Dynamics was able to rebuild a factory on Ozawa to produce the design. However, General Dynamics was unable to reproduce the original’s Narc Beacon, advanced heat sinks, and armor."
"Most of the KTO-18 models can be found with former Federated Suns units in the Federated Commonwealth. More prevalent are the Star League models in the Draconis Combine. These are concentrated in Ghost units as well as some Sword of Light regiments. The Com Guards also field a good number of Star League Kintaros."
Both paragraphs are quotations from page 260 of Technical Readout: 3039.

The original Kintaro factory (General Mechanics' facility on Mars) was shut down when the Star League fell (late 2700s), and the Kintaro was out of production until General Dynamics rebuilt their sole facility on the world of Ozawa sometime between 2866 and 3025 (after said factory - and much of the planetary surface - was destroyed by DCMS forces sometime between 2830 and 2864), during the period in which Ozawa was part of the FedSuns.

By contrast, the bulk of the Kintaros within the DCMS were gifted to the Combine by ComStar as part of "Operation Rosebud", and were likely constructed on Mars before the shutdown of the General Mechanics facility (or, possibly, were new-construction units from a reactivated Martian facility).

Given all that (and having the currently sole known/confirmed operational Kintaro production facility in FedSuns space), it actually seems like the Kintaro is actually more of an AFFS 'Mech than it is a DCMS 'Mech...? :) :blink:

#37 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:48 PM

View PostStrum Wealh, on 18 August 2013 - 05:57 PM, said:

"The Kintaro is a powerful sight to behold, belying its medium size. Built for the Star League to showcase the Narc missile designator, it was a powerful team player until the liberation of Terra from the Usurper led to the Kintaro factory on Mars being shut down. Attrition contributed to the near extinction of the Kintaro before the Third Succession War, but General Dynamics was able to rebuild a factory on Ozawa to produce the design. However, General Dynamics was unable to reproduce the original’s Narc Beacon, advanced heat sinks, and armor."
"Most of the KTO-18 models can be found with former Federated Suns units in the Federated Commonwealth. More prevalent are the Star League models in the Draconis Combine. These are concentrated in Ghost units as well as some Sword of Light regiments. The Com Guards also field a good number of Star League Kintaros."

The original Kintaro factory (General Mechanics' facility on Mars) was shut down when the Star League fell (late 2700s), and the Kintaro was out of production until General Dynamics rebuilt their sole facility on the world of Ozawa sometime between 2866 and 3025 (after said factory - and much of the planetary surface - was destroyed by DCMS forces sometime between 2830 and 2864), during the period in which Ozawa was part of the FedSuns.

By contrast, the bulk of the Kintaros within the DCMS were gifted to the Combine by ComStar as part of "Operation Rosebud", and were likely constructed on Mars before the shutdown of the General Mechanics facility (or, possibly, were new-construction units from a reactivated Martian facility).

Given all that (and having the currently sole known/confirmed operational Kintaro production facility in FedSuns space), it actually seems like the Kintaro is actually more of an AFFS 'Mech than it is a DCMS 'Mech...? :) :blink:

Well, because the Mech factory on Ozawa was destroyed during the Third Succession War, the amount of Kintaros that the Combine received probably outweighs the amount still active in AFFS service. Not that either nation really has enough, or the ability to make new ones...

#38 Strum Wealh

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 19 August 2013 - 04:33 AM

View PostLord Ikka, on 18 August 2013 - 11:48 PM, said:

Well, because the Mech factory on Ozawa was destroyed during the Third Succession War, the amount of Kintaros that the Combine received probably outweighs the amount still active in AFFS service. Not that either nation really has enough, or the ability to make new ones...

Look more closely at the TRO 3039 quote - the Ozawa facility was rebuilt during the Third Succession War after it (and much of the rest of the planet) was razed by the DCMS during the Second Succession War. That is, the Ozawa facility would be currently active and producing the Kintaro (albeit only the tech-downgrade variant - that is, the KTO-18 - as of 3039) for the FedSuns (until Ozawa becomes part of the Republic of the Sphere after the Jihad).

Edited by Strum Wealh, 19 August 2013 - 04:34 AM.

#39 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 19 August 2013 - 08:11 AM

Crap, had to re-read. The GD facility on Ozawa can only produce the KTO-18 downgraded variant, but probably means that the Kintaro should be updated to an AFFS Mech also.

#40 Enervation

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 161 posts
  • LocationD/FW, Texas

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

On Sarna the listing for the Kintaro only has General Mechanics as a manufacturer, (accidentally i'm sure) omitting General Dynamics. The similarity of manufactorum names is probably why i missed this.

Given all that (and having the currently sole known/confirmed operational Kintaro production facility in FedSuns space), it actually seems like the Kintaro is actually more of an AFFS 'Mech than it is a DCMS 'Mech...? :rolleyes: :angry:

I think the moral of the story is A) the AFFS does have a solid production line of this mech, especially since all parts that are used in the mech are also built in the factory on Ozawa; and the DCMS did at one time produce it and does have a way of getting repair components, alibit basic downgraded ones, presuming they raid shipments from a border world to get them.

Edited by Enervation, 27 August 2013 - 10:06 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users