Faction Mech Manufacture

73 replies to this topic

#41 Trauglodyte

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,373 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

The Kintaro is DCMS trash and will not be used under the AFFS flag. THE END! :)

#42 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 07:18 AM

So, it looks like neither the Wolverine or Griffin are house specific but rather like a lot of the Succession Wars mechs (ie, used by everyone). That sound about right?

#43 Lord Ikka

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,255 posts
  • LocationGreeley, CO

Posted 30 August 2013 - 11:04 AM

Yeah. Seems that way.

Griffin manufacturers-
Defiance Industries (Lyran), Earthwerks Incorporated (Capellan), Vandenburg Mechanized Industries (Taurian Concordant- but with Capellan contracts), Victory Industries (Draconis Combine)

Wolverine manufacturers-
Kallon Industries ( Capellan based but supplies anyone), Gibson Federated BattleMechs (Free Worlds League), Victory Industries (Draconis Combine)

#44 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:07 AM

View PostEnervation, on 01 July 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

I have tried to only buy mechs that the Republic would actually have access to, besides my beloved Centurion that is.
After numerous trips to Sarna instead of reaching over to the bookshelf and flipping through the books that are Right There i came to the conclusion that i needed to write this stuff down so others could read it (an ironically novel concept, as I'm sure you understand).
I therefore decided to make this list of who produces what, for those who are also want to know if they need to raid their neighbor's borders for a mech of their choice, and don't want to make a trip over to their own bookshelves (I feel your pain).
(...)

Very good stuff!
But there is an important information missing: a faction not always deploy only/all mechs built in its territory.

Here is the availability table:

View PostOdanan, on 19 October 2013 - 05:47 AM, said:

Expanded rarity table.
Posted Image

Important: values between () are the sum of all variants' availability.

EDIT: let's hope PGI uses similar numbers for the Community Warfare stuff they are doing.

#45 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:16 AM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 30 August 2013 - 07:18 AM, said:

So, it looks like neither the Wolverine or Griffin are house specific but rather like a lot of the Succession Wars mechs (ie, used by everyone). That sound about right?

All unseens are IS wide designs. They were the machines that Succession wars were fought with through and through, after all.

Although as far as this pair goes, the Griffin is a personal favorite of the Steiner. They pride themselves by having two of those things stand guard by the Archon's throne. It's mostly just fluff, though. 3050 Steiner didn't use much more Griffins than the rest of the Sphere when defending against the Jade Falcon onslaught.

#46 Arnold J Rimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 892 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 06:25 AM

View PostTrauglodyte, on 21 August 2013 - 09:02 AM, said:

The Kintaro is DCMS trash and will not be used under the AFFS flag. THE END! :D

Star League, actually! :)

#47 Ingga Raokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 239 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 20 October 2013 - 08:05 PM

With this i can assign the 4 overlord medallions accordingly to my phoenix mechs ...

#48 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:50 AM

View PostOdanan, on 19 October 2013 - 06:07 AM, said:

Very good stuff!
But there is an important information missing: a faction not always deploy only/all mechs built in its territory.

Here is the availability table:

Where did you get the availability table? Seems to go a bit against what has been listed here. Though, with the transferance of planets, and thus manufacturing plants, anything is possible.

#49 RayRazor

• PipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 87 posts
  • LocationOn the ground poundin' mechs

Posted 06 November 2013 - 07:19 AM

Good info!

#50 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 12 November 2013 - 03:02 PM

agreed

#51 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 25 November 2013 - 11:49 AM

Amazing work. I'm in awe. ;)

#52 Chevieblazer

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 02 January 2014 - 03:05 AM

Now this may be just my faulty memory, but I thought the Highlander was a Star League era Mech that essentially died out in the first succession wars and that in 3050 only Comstar had access to...

#53 Stomp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 345 posts
  • LocationLuthien

Posted 07 January 2014 - 01:07 PM

Just an update, but is OP going to update with new mechs as they become available in MWO, or would he be interested in including mechs now? I mean, me and the GF have an acquaintance who used to pilot an Archer, and I just wanted to look and check and see if it was here. Apparently the FRR had production for a pretty ****** Archer variant with Endo steel prior to the Clan Invasion, but Sarna doesn't have a reference for what production plant, or what TRO this information was pulled from.

#54 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 11:11 AM

You aren't going to see the Archer in MWO. The license for it is held with the Robotech stuff by Harmony Gold, and there is enough bad blood with them that any use of it... along with Warhammer, Marauder, Phoenix Hawk, Wasp, Stinger, and Valk would be too much just asking to be sued.

#55 Tyrnea Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 01:03 PM

View PostChevieblazer, on 02 January 2014 - 03:05 AM, said:

Now this may be just my faulty memory, but I thought the Highlander was a Star League era Mech that essentially died out in the first succession wars and that in 3050 only Comstar had access to...

Yes if I'm not very much mistaken the Highlanders first appearance was the 2750 TRO. Just about every machine listed in it was more or less extinct till the Clan invasion.

My guess is the Highlander was popular enough to get included in a later sourcebook which retconed it to be available during the Succession Wars.

Or Sarna is way off base in its entry (which I've stumbled onto a few times, so you gotta take what you find there at your own risk)

#56 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 10 January 2014 - 02:27 PM

View PostChevieblazer, on 02 January 2014 - 03:05 AM, said:

The LosTech-equipped HGN-732 variant is the only one for which that applies (and it returned to general production/availability in 3057), while the LosTech-free HGN-733 and its two sub-variants (the HGN-733C and HGN-733P) were in use by the Successor States (mostly the Lyrans, Capellans, and Combine) through the Succession Wars (with the Combine receiving a number of HGNs - including a few 732s - from ComStar in 3039).

#57 Ryoken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 744 posts
  • LocationEuropa, Terra

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:17 PM

So now we just need to cross the availability of mech designs per faction and their competitiveness in the e-sport scene and we will know which faction will win the CW! :D

Though I think some of the pug successfull builds like dual AC20 and stuff need also some attention, as they may be not that effective in coordinated 12v12 play, but work well in the more chaotic pug environment.

#58 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 13 January 2014 - 12:49 PM

View PostTyrnea Smurf, on 10 January 2014 - 01:03 PM, said:

Yes if I'm not very much mistaken the Highlanders first appearance was the 2750 TRO. Just about every machine listed in it was more or less extinct till the Clan invasion.

My guess is the Highlander was popular enough to get included in a later sourcebook which retconed it to be available during the Succession Wars.

Or Sarna is way off base in its entry (which I've stumbled onto a few times, so you gotta take what you find there at your own risk)

Problem with battletech as a whole is that it retcons stuff all the time so you have to have all the current books to keep track even if you are only interested in a certain time period.

HGNs are around after the first succession wars, but as others have said they are not common at all and have to be refitted with tech that can actually still be manufactured. The gauss rifle doesn't get used again till the Combine starts producing them around the time of the 4th war due to the helm memory core.

Lots of folks think the Kintaro is only a Comstar mech too, but they are still around, just without the narc beacon and lostech items like that. The DC has some of the older models because comstar mistakenly gives them some during operation rosebud.

#59 Alexander Steel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 1,031 posts

Posted 14 January 2014 - 05:45 AM

The gauss rifle doesn't get used again till the Combine starts producing them around the time of the 4th war due to the helm memory core.

Way off, by like 10 years and the wrong house. ;)

The Gauss Rifle doesn't see a return to the IS until 3040, where it is produced by the FWL.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Gauss_Rifle

Edited by Alexander Steel, 14 January 2014 - 05:45 AM.

#60 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 08:18 AM

Want to buy Firestarter addition to the grid.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users