July 2 Patch Restored My Faith

67 replies to this topic

#1 DYSEQTA

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:16 PM

I just bought the Overlord pre-order based on the July 2 patch.

I had all but given up on MWO ever being the decent sim I think the majority of us here would like it to be. The introduction of realistic movement and heat penalties restored my faith in the development team.

Thank you for finally showing you have some sense on the balancing front :rolleyes: Keep it up!

Now please discard 3rd person view in combat plans and introduce various levels of reticle shake based on mech speed! :lol:

#2 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:34 PM

Curious as to the reason it restored your faith?

was it the amount of content?

they did put in some good fixes. incline movement mechanics, jump jet shake based on weight class. etc.

Edited by Tennex, 03 July 2013 - 05:34 PM.

#3 DYSEQTA

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:41 PM

View PostTennex, on 03 July 2013 - 05:34 PM, said:

Curious as to the reason it restored your faith?

Um... I thought I did communicate the reason :rolleyes:

#4 New Day

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:11 PM

View PostDYSEQTA, on 03 July 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

I just bought the Overlord pre-order based on the July 2 patch.

I had all but given up on MWO ever being the decent sim I think the majority of us here would like it to be. The introduction of realistic movement and heat penalties restored my faith in the development team.

Thank you for finally showing you have some sense on the balancing front :rolleyes: Keep it up!

Now please discard 3rd person view in combat plans and introduce various levels of reticle shake based on mech speed! :lol:

I expected a joke when I opened this thread. You owe me a joke.

#5 Corvus Antaka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8,310 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:42 PM

+1

ignore the haters. they are being impatient even though more is in the pipes and we have been told this.

crush them with positivity. probably mostly hawken trolls and CS monkeys just angry and being spiteful at this point.

and yeah, the PPC / pinpoint issue needs fixing, PGI has shown HUGE strides this last year,

as one of their biggest critics in the past that slammed them hard...

GOOD JOB PGI! WE CLAMOUR FOR THE FUTURE!!!

CW here we come :rolleyes:

#6 Ranek Blackstone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

View PostNamesAreStupid, on 03 July 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

I expected a joke when I opened this thread. You owe me a joke.

I thought I saw an Atlas when I was at the market. When I looked again, I realized it was just your mom.

#7 Donnie Silveray

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 321 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

Much to be done and I am working to towards the $80 as well. I am hopeful they pull this off. Even if MWO doesn't become a number smasher like LoL, I will still be glad that we have a MechWarrior game even thriving in this lousy game market.

#8 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:55 PM

The OP made me LOL. I too thought it was a joke, but he seems to be serious.

#9 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

View PostDYSEQTA, on 03 July 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

I just bought the Overlord pre-order based on the July 2 patch. I had all but given up on MWO ever being the decent sim I think the majority of us here would like it to be. The introduction of realistic movement and heat penalties restored my faith in the development team.
You must be smoking some really good {Shazbot} when you typed "realistic movement"....since when has getting stopped; by that I mean a FULL complete stop, by ankle-sized pebbles (from a mech's perspective), guardrails meant for humans and human-sized vehicles on roads become realistic movement?

EDIT: LOL. It changed a word I typed to {shazbot} hilarfuckingious!

Edited by Delas Ting Usee, 03 July 2013 - 07:20 PM.

#10 l3elthaz0r

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

I still think the movement balance thing needs a little tweaking and getting used to. Like yesterday in Canyon Network. My entire team was in a ditch trying to figure a way out. And we were just getting picked off by the team that figured out how to climb the canyon wall. This will take some getting used to.

#11 Stoicblitzer

• 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

cant wait until launch either gets delayed or is a huge disappointment. that might break even the most ardent "you don't know how to make a game" or "artists don't code" guy. cw with 6 maps. can't wait.

#12 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

Are you enjoying the second coming of the poptarts?

#13 kesuga7

• The Challenger
  • The Challenger
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:40 PM

View Postl3elthaz0r, on 03 July 2013 - 07:31 PM, said:

I still think the movement balance thing needs a little tweaking and getting used to. Like yesterday in Canyon Network. My entire team was in a ditch trying to figure a way out. And we were just getting picked off by the team that figured out how to climb the canyon wall. This will take some getting used to.

same thing happened to me

Me and 3-4 other teammates were in a canyon pit at the far bottom right of the map where the bridge is
There were about two enemy mechs in the pit with us and then their entire team it seemed like came down shooting at us from above

i ran to flank up on top and for some reason we didn't all die and won somehow 0.o

(We were getting hammered pretty bad but story lesson is don't get stuck in canyon while enemy is on the walls and the patch was pretty nice hopefully more in next patch )

Edited by kesuga7, 03 July 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#14 Waking One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostStoicblitzer, on 03 July 2013 - 07:35 PM, said:

cant wait until launch either gets delayed or is a huge disappointment. that might break even the most ardent "you don't know how to make a game" or "artists don't code" guy. cw with 6 maps. can't wait.

"let's hope the game fails" yes that's such a great attitude...

#15 Fate 6

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,466 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostDelas Ting Usee, on 03 July 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

You must be smoking some really good {Shazbot} when you typed "realistic movement"....since when has getting stopped; by that I mean a FULL complete stop, by ankle-sized pebbles (from a mech's perspective), guardrails meant for humans and human-sized vehicles on roads become realistic movement?

Not only that, but some mechs like the Quickdraw (and the 4 non-Cicada mediums) get completely ****-on by the new system, while the other heavies and the Stalker get to reap the benefits of having TINY in-game models AND have that translate into moving more effectively up hills.

PS- the Victor (lighter than the Stalker) is slated to be in the heavier movement weight class. GG PGI.

#16 Waking One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostFate 6, on 03 July 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

Not only that, but some mechs like the Quickdraw (and the 4 non-Cicada mediums) get completely ****-on by the new system, while the other heavies and the Stalker get to reap the benefits of having TINY in-game models AND have that translate into moving more effectively up hills.

PS- the Victor (lighter than the Stalker) is slated to be in the heavier movement weight class. GG PGI.

It's 5 degrees of difference and it's got jumpjets...

are you serious...

#17 jakucha

• Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostFate 6, on 03 July 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

It has to do with mech mesh structure and not weight. It can be adjusted anyway.

View PostDelas Ting Usee, on 03 July 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

Stop being a drama-queen. The new movement mechanics are vastly more interesting and closer to how the mechs should work, regardless of the minor bugs that need to be dealt with.

Edited by jakucha, 03 July 2013 - 08:48 PM.

#18 Stoicblitzer

• 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:50 PM

View PostWaking One, on 03 July 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

"let's hope the game fails" yes that's such a great attitude...

i guess my problem is i want it to succeed now, not in 4 years. silly me.

#19 Waking One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

View PostStoicblitzer, on 03 July 2013 - 08:50 PM, said:

i guess my problem is i want it to succeed now, not in 4 years. silly me.

being an unrealistic negative drama queen doesnt help anybody,

#20 Stoicblitzer

• 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

View PostWaking One, on 03 July 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

being an unrealistic negative drama queen doesnt help anybody,

unrealistic to have them change a variable to 2.5? oh wait, i forgot. i don't know how to make games.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users