July 2 Patch Restored My Faith

67 replies to this topic

#21 Stoicblitzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

"THIS IS A BETA" is the universal cry, right? then why don't they test some different values for a change? run srms at 2.5 for a week and see what happens? patch more often than "every 2 weeks, must add a spider statue of diff color"

#22 Waking One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

View PostStoicblitzer, on 03 July 2013 - 08:57 PM, said:

unrealistic to have them change a variable to 2.5? oh wait, i forgot. i don't know how to make games.

ah you're so funny, yes that one variable is clearly what you were talking about earlier

#23 Waking One

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:07 PM

View PostStoicblitzer, on 03 July 2013 - 09:02 PM, said:

"THIS IS A BETA" is the universal cry, right? then why don't they test some different values for a change? run srms at 2.5 for a week and see what happens? patch more often than "every 2 weeks, must add a spider statue of diff color"

Because the horrible community would suddenly explode with the other entitled group who expect everything to be perfect all the time because they paid money and they won't accept sudden huge changes in balance. It happened any time they tried anything bigger really.

I really wish they would start doing it but i don't see it happening. Maybe if they finally turn on those test servers.

Edited by Waking One, 03 July 2013 - 09:08 PM.

#24 Delas Ting Usee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 548 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:32 PM

View Postjakucha, on 03 July 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

It has to do with mech mesh structure and not weight. It can be adjusted anyway. Stop being a drama-queen. The new movement mechanics are vastly more interesting and closer to how the mechs should work, regardless of the minor bugs that need to be dealt with.
Stop being a douche - oh wait, you can't help yourself. What you call minor bugs - has BIG implications. I'd list but then your pea-size brain might implode if you attempt to take it all in.

View PostWaking One, on 03 July 2013 - 08:55 PM, said:

being an unrealistic negative drama queen doesnt help anybody,
Neither is being a smart arse.

Aren't any of you afraid the game might get stale due to how we're being channelled into predictable kill zones with no ability to flank unless you're in jump capable mechs which would curtail the use of non-jump-capable mechs...maybe I am being a drama queen...then again life is so much more interesting with drama in it.

Edited by Delas Ting Usee, 03 July 2013 - 09:36 PM.

#25 Valore

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 03 July 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

+1

ignore the haters. they are being impatient even though more is in the pipes and we have been told this.

crush them with positivity. probably mostly hawken trolls and CS monkeys just angry and being spiteful at this point.

LOL, enough with the hypocricy already mate. The irony almost hurts.

Dismiss all the 'haters' as trolls, monkeys and whatever snob term you want. That's positivity? You're a joke. If I sound annoyed or angry, its because for once I genuinely am.

Fact of the matter is a lot of us who were the biggest fans and the most excited about this game have come to a point where we're fed up by the lack of changes, regressions in gameplay and frankly inexplicable and illogical way PGI have handled the game.

My friends who have been here all the way from closed beta, who played hours of this game every week, talked about how great it was going to be, and tried our best to believe what PGI was saying, thrown money at it up until a month or two ago, these are the people who are fed up and don't care anymore.

There's only so many times you can fire at an enemy mech, and see it run away without taking damage, then losing the game because of that, before you decide and remember you play games to have fun and relax, not for them to make you angry.

Part of it is burnout, sure. But I guarantee most of it is sheer frustration, mostly due to PGI.

Go ahead, write us off as trolls and whatnots. There's really only one of us that's deluded at this point.

Edited by Valore, 03 July 2013 - 09:43 PM.

#26 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

View PostValore, on 03 July 2013 - 09:40 PM, said:

Fact of the matter is a lot of us who were the biggest fans and the most excited about this game have come to a point where we're fed up by the lack of changes, regressions in gameplay and frankly inexplicable and illogical way PGI have handled the game.

Then quit playing it, simple solution to a simple problem. Easier and less time consuming that coming into the forums on a regular basis and hurling insults and practicing general douchebaggery.

#27 mike29tw

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:27 PM

View PostR Razor, on 03 July 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

Then quit playing it, simple solution to a simple problem. Easier and less time consuming that coming into the forums on a regular basis and hurling insults and practicing general douchebaggery.

You don't understand the passion if you ask him to quit MechWarrior altogether.

#28 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:38 PM

View Postmike29tw, on 03 July 2013 - 10:27 PM, said:

You don't understand the passion if you ask him to quit MechWarrior altogether.

Mike,

I understand passion, I believe it will ultimately be what makes or breaks this game, that being the passion of the players that want to see it succeed. I also however believe that it's possible to be passionate about the game without insulting other members, acting as if you and only you have the solutions to the problem, and basically just being a douche.

I read these forums a lot more than I post in them, and most of what I read are posts from arrogant ****** that think they are gods because they are founders or because they have more "kills" and so on........the truth is much simpler, most of them are probably pimply faced basement dwellers that have no social life and get their kicks off of acting like big men with all the answers.

Just because you have an idea on how to fix something (and many times they are even good ideas) doesn't mean anyone is obligated to implement your idea, it doesn't mean that everyone is obligated to agree with your idea, and it certainly doesn't give you the right to attack everyone that doesn't support your idea.

Certain people on here believe it does, and my opinion is that this forum, and the game in general, would be more enjoyable and likely get balanced faster, without those clowns involved.

#29 Valore

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:08 PM

View PostR Razor, on 03 July 2013 - 10:38 PM, said:

Mike,

I understand passion, I believe it will ultimately be what makes or breaks this game, that being the passion of the players that want to see it succeed. I also however believe that it's possible to be passionate about the game without insulting other members, acting as if you and only you have the solutions to the problem, and basically just being a douche.

View PostR Razor, on 03 July 2013 - 10:16 PM, said:

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 03 July 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

hawken trolls and CS monkeys

most of them are probably pimply faced basement dwellers that have no social life and get their kicks off of acting like big men with all the answers.

without those clowns involved.

Your parents must have been really proud clowns, seeing as to how they gave birth to a such a massive joke.

Edited by Valore, 03 July 2013 - 11:14 PM.

#30 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:17 PM

View PostValore, on 03 July 2013 - 11:08 PM, said:

Your parents must have been really proud clowns, seeing as to how they gave birth to a such a massive joke.

So you're what, 12, 13 maybe? I thought the "your mom" or "your parents" insults went out 10 - 15 years ago...........I do appreciate you confirming my post though, childish ******* are not the solution to the problems this game has, it's no wonder nobody takes your ideas seriously, you're incapable of delivering cogent and concise ideas in a manner that give anyone of an average intellect a reason to give them any consideration.

#31 mike29tw

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:20 PM

Mike,

I read these forums a lot more than I post in them, and most of what I read are posts from arrogant ****** that think they are gods because they are founders or because they have more "kills" and so on........the truth is much simpler, most of them are probably pimply faced basement dwellers that have no social life and get their kicks off of acting like big men with all the answers.

Just because you have an idea on how to fix something (and many times they are even good ideas) doesn't mean anyone is obligated to implement your idea, it doesn't mean that everyone is obligated to agree with your idea, and it certainly doesn't give you the right to attack everyone that doesn't support your idea.

Certain people on here believe it does, and my opinion is that this forum, and the game in general, would be more enjoyable and likely get balanced faster, without those clowns involved.

While some of them always post with a spite against PGI, keep in mind that a lot of us have been here since CB, and the game hasn't seen much improvement for more than 6 months. I'm not trying to justify douchbaggery, but I do hope you understand why some of the oldest players are being negative, or desperate to spout out their idea to fix the game. Watching your favorite franchise stagnate for such a long time with no improvement aside from cockpit items and camo spec every month can be really frustrating.

#32 Valore

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

View PostR Razor, on 03 July 2013 - 11:17 PM, said:

So you're what, 12, 13 maybe? I thought the "your mom" or "your parents" insults went out 10 - 15 years ago...........I do appreciate you confirming my post though, childish ******* are not the solution to the problems this game has, it's no wonder nobody takes your ideas seriously, you're incapable of delivering cogent and concise ideas in a manner that give anyone of an average intellect a reason to give them any consideration.

Personally, I'm more than happy being childish and immature. At least I took a conscious decision to do that.

You on the other hand seem so far up yourself that you cannot understand the concept of hypocricy. Or maybe that's not in the clown parents cirriculum of home/circus schooling. Can you at least juggle?

Edited by Valore, 03 July 2013 - 11:24 PM.

#33 DYSEQTA

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 347 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:28 PM

Well thank you [almost] everyone for ruining what was supposed to be a nice positive thread.

#34 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:31 PM

View Postmike29tw, on 03 July 2013 - 11:20 PM, said:

While some of them always post with a spite against PGI, keep in mind that a lot of us have been here since CB, and the game hasn't seen much improvement for more than 6 months. I'm not trying to justify douchbaggery, but I do hope you understand why some of the oldest players are being negative, or desperate to spout out their idea to fix the game. Watching your favorite franchise stagnate for such a long time with no improvement aside from cockpit items and camo spec every month can be really frustrating.

Yes I do understand where you're coming from, I wasn't able to download the game until a recent trip home or I'd likely be one of the long term dissatisfied customers as well, though I'd hope I'd have enough intelligence not to behave like my friend above.

Once again he makes my point for me, PGI will (assuming they're in possession of a modicum of intelligence and common sense) never take seriously any input, whether it's good or not, from someone that behaves like that. It then becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.........."PGI you suck and your parents suck too, fix xyz in the game"............just isn't going to get anyone anywhere.

PGI may very well not take anything seriously from folks with an IQ above that of your average mallrat either, who knows, but I'd wager there's a better chance for that individual than the other. From what I've read thus far on these forums, it appears as though the devs do listen (changes to weapons systems, movement, etc.) so I'm for giving them until launch date to take care of business, it is a beta after all.

#35 Valore

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

View PostDYSEQTA, on 03 July 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

Well thank you [almost] everyone for ruining what was supposed to be a nice positive thread.

I'm sorry, but the reaction you got was pretty much non-surprising for most of us.

Walking into a funeral and yelling 'MAN! Aunt Betty left me that commemorative spoon collection I always wanted! SWEET!' is not exactly going to get a rousing reception. :)

#36 jakucha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:35 PM

View PostR Razor, on 03 July 2013 - 11:31 PM, said:

Yes I do understand where you're coming from, I wasn't able to download the game until a recent trip home or I'd likely be one of the long term dissatisfied customers as well, though I'd hope I'd have enough intelligence not to behave like my friend above.

Once again he makes my point for me, PGI will (assuming they're in possession of a modicum of intelligence and common sense) never take seriously any input, whether it's good or not, from someone that behaves like that. It then becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.........."PGI you suck and your parents suck too, fix xyz in the game"............just isn't going to get anyone anywhere.

PGI may very well not take anything seriously from folks with an IQ above that of your average mallrat either, who knows, but I'd wager there's a better chance for that individual than the other. From what I've read thus far on these forums, it appears as though the devs do listen (changes to weapons systems, movement, etc.) so I'm for giving them until launch date to take care of business, it is a beta after all.

Keep in mind this part of the forum isn't the best place to get an unbiased perspective.

View PostValore, on 03 July 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

I'm sorry, but the reaction you got was pretty much non-surprising for most of us.

Walking into a funeral and yelling 'MAN! Aunt Betty left me that commemorative spoon collection I always wanted! SWEET!' is not exactly going to get a rousing reception. :)

People are being silly when they bash a thread for being positive, and propagate the threads that are doing nothing but posting vitriol (before they get sent to k-town anyway).

Edited by jakucha, 03 July 2013 - 11:39 PM.

#37 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

View Postjakucha, on 03 July 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

Keep in mind this part of the forum isn't the best place to get an unbiased perspective.

True,

For the most part I'd say this part of the forum could use a nice Vagisil cleansing followed up by a few Penicillin shots and a steady supply of Summers Eve to ensure the infection doesn't return and it stops stinking so much.

#38 Valore

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:44 PM

View Postjakucha, on 03 July 2013 - 11:35 PM, said:

People are being silly when they bash a thread for being positive, and propagate the threads that are doing nothing but posting vitriol (before they get sent to k-town anyway).

Let's be honest about it though jakucha.

There were like one or two people who were more defeatist and meh that threw their two cents in. No giant mob of dissatisfied bashers huring torches and vitriol with pitchforks.

Then we had 2 PGI white knights who came in and started insulting everyone insinuating they were entited and whatnot.

Let's not change history here. This bloody thread is 2 pages :) everyone can go back and look for themselves.

#39 jakucha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,413 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:47 PM

View PostValore, on 03 July 2013 - 11:44 PM, said:

Let's be honest about it though jakucha.

There were like one or two people who were more defeatist and meh that threw their two cents in. No giant mob of dissatisfied bashers huring torches and vitriol with pitchforks.

Then we had 2 PGI white knights who came in and started insulting everyone insinuating they were entited and whatnot.

Let's not change history here. This bloody thread is 2 pages :) everyone can go back and look for themselves.

I mean in general, not specifically just this thread.

View PostDelas Ting Usee, on 03 July 2013 - 09:32 PM, said:

Stop being a douche - oh wait, you can't help yourself. What you call minor bugs - has BIG implications. I'd list but then your pea-size brain might implode if you attempt to take it all in.

Neither is being a smart arse.

Aren't any of you afraid the game might get stale due to how we're being channelled into predictable kill zones with no ability to flank unless you're in jump capable mechs which would curtail the use of non-jump-capable mechs...maybe I am being a drama queen...then again life is so much more interesting with drama in it.

You're upset. Consider coming back to post when you're more emotionally stable.

Edited by jakucha, 03 July 2013 - 11:47 PM.

#40 xterix

• PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:49 PM

what exactly has this new patch introduced, some new gameplay adjustment? yes to that. properly thought out gameplay adjustment? erm how is getting stuck on a truck, or on the lip of a building even considered a proper implementation of said new gameplay? do these gameplay adjustments get tested before being rolled out even? and if they were tested, do the testers not encounter the exact same problems? or are these issues considered non-issues and working as intended?

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users