• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 881 posts
  • LocationNew Eden

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:47 AM

View PostValore, on 04 July 2013 - 02:39 AM, said:

Posted Image

The joke we where awaiting from OP :D

To be honest, this game is in a desastrous state. There are good ideas and the base is not bad at all, but the execution isn´t the best of all. It needs work. Plenty of work. But once it runs stable and the major flaws are ironed out, you can call the haters haters. For now, they actually are right if they say this is unplayable.

#62 Rasc4l

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 1
  • 496 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:07 PM

View PostDYSEQTA, on 03 July 2013 - 11:28 PM, said:

Well thank you [almost] everyone for ruining what was supposed to be a nice positive thread.

I was gonna like that comment but that might have twisted my meaning. Just wanted to say that disregard the impatient ones. You are right that the recent patch was a good move and PGI is getting there although very very slowly. So good post!

Like it was already mentioned, cluttering every thread with comments, which seem to stem from a similar mindset as that of a cheated wife, does not help. PGI is the man in the house and they will make it right for you. Eventually. I hope.

#63 subgenius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:57 PM

Agreed. If you're having a good time, then it really doesn't matter what anyone else has to say on the topic. If a little positivity and some perspective make me a white knight... well it's time to mount up I guess.

#64 Zerstorer Stallin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 683 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:01 PM

View PostNamesAreStupid, on 03 July 2013 - 06:11 PM, said:

I expected a joke when I opened this thread. You owe me a joke.

This +1

View PostWaking One, on 04 July 2013 - 02:49 AM, said:

Learn to read maybe? Or did your rage turn your brain to liquid by now?

game *is* in the best state to date, it actually works without crashing like crazy and there's a hud that's actually there and you can actually hit stuff (most of the time, its still off at times). there are problems with balance, yes, but there always were and always will be so i'm not holding my breath too much for it ever being "just right"

i'd love to see you try counter that, should be entertaining

holy crap you are serious!?! I thought you were trolling ... LOL

#65 Sable Dove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,005 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Heat penalties? Where? A penalty that kicks in only after you're over 120% of your maximum heat capacity is not a significant penalty.

I really don't think that implementing (no more than adequately) a system that ought to have been in the game pretty much from its inception is worthy of applause, let alone money.

It's kinda like if it were a generic, modern FPS, and they finally added a sprint key after over a year of development. (Except that PGI's netcode can't actually handle a sprint key). I wouldn't call that worth celebrating.

#66 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:08 PM

View PostColonel Pada Vinson, on 03 July 2013 - 06:42 PM, said:

+1

ignore the haters. they are being impatient even though more is in the pipes and we have been told this.

crush them with positivity. probably mostly hawken trolls and CS monkeys just angry and being spiteful at this point.

and yeah, the PPC / pinpoint issue needs fixing, PGI has shown HUGE strides this last year,

as one of their biggest critics in the past that slammed them hard...

GOOD JOB PGI! WE CLAMOUR FOR THE FUTURE!!!

CW here we come :)

CW which has been delayed... again...

#67 Lykaon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,815 posts

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:49 PM

View PostDYSEQTA, on 03 July 2013 - 05:16 PM, said:

I just bought the Overlord pre-order based on the July 2 patch.

I had all but given up on MWO ever being the decent sim I think the majority of us here would like it to be. The introduction of realistic movement and heat penalties restored my faith in the development team.

Thank you for finally showing you have some sense on the balancing front :) Keep it up!

Now please discard 3rd person view in combat plans and introduce various levels of reticle shake based on mech speed! :(

It's interesting that two players playing the same game can have radicaly different experiences.

I found the new terrain movement feature to be extremely buggy and under tested and by and large best left off of a live patch until it had recieved more testing and tweaks.

I also found the heat damage inflicted upon a mech to be by and large completely meaningless my 4 x PPC stalker didn't frequently over heat before and still doesn't and it still alpha strikes like a boss.Overall a meaningless feature solving nothing.

Before the patch the game was all about alpha boating and post patch it's all about alpha boating.

No change business as usual carry on alpha striking to victory.

#68 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:58 PM

View PostLykaon, on 04 July 2013 - 07:49 PM, said:

It's interesting that two players playing the same game can have radicaly different experiences. I found the new terrain movement feature to be extremely buggy and under tested and by and large best left off of a live patch until it had recieved more testing and tweaks. I also found the heat damage inflicted upon a mech to be by and large completely meaningless my 4 x PPC stalker didn't frequently over heat before and still doesn't and it still alpha strikes like a boss.Overall a meaningless feature solving nothing. Before the patch the game was all about alpha boating and post patch it's all about alpha boating. No change business as usual carry on alpha striking to victory.

QFT

While I like the idea behind the movement updates, and in the areas where it doesn't "bug" it seems like an advancement towards a polished game, the new heat rules were a waste of coding time, nothing changed, the same lame 4-6 PPC builds are still looking for ridge lines to snipe from.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users