#61 Flying Judgement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 475 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:07 PM

View Poststjobe, on 09 July 2013 - 02:46 PM, said:

Funnily enough, I prepared this one at the same time as the comparison I did above:

Posted Image

Again, I don't think they are to scale. That would be insanity.

the locust looks like a sport car compare to the jenner and flea i love the designe. i didnt like it at firs its definetly NOT A LOCUST but is pretty the locust looks sick and intimidateing :( i wish we could have the real lokust too.

i decided i need to buy red paint and its going to be my new ferri or lamborgini :(

#62 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:50 AM

View PostDirePhoenix, on 09 July 2013 - 03:01 PM, said:

EDIT: the off-canter chin-turret works fine enough for me, but I wonder if they had thought of getting rid of the laser turret concept entirely and use a dorsal-mounted CT Laser instead, like the Victor Musical Industries Locust IIC:

the chin turrent is the only thing (unseen)locusty about this concept though. if they got rid of it it'd look even more unlocst like

#63 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:58 AM

looks a bit like this one rendition though

Posted Image

The Y shaped torso, chin turrent, crotch armor flaps

Edited by Tennex, 10 July 2013 - 10:02 AM.

#64 Ivaneus

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 25 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 15 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

I personally think the Locust versions people are getting nostalgic over are a bit too "buglike" and quite frankly, do not look like something I would consider an asset on the battlefield, only a liability or a target if my enemy trotted one out. They barely even resemble Battlemechs so much as SprintingMechs (And no, there are no Mech Olympics).

But Alex's design, oh Alex's design has done something wonderful to the Locust.

It has become sleek, deadly, and looks like a high speed predator. It has a beautiful stance and there is honestly only one thing to say about this rendition of the Locust:

It has become the Velociraptor of the Light Mechs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now the Locust shall strike fear into its prey.

Edited by Ivaneus, 15 July 2013 - 03:42 PM.

#65 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:06 PM

View PostIvaneus, on 15 July 2013 - 03:42 PM, said:

It has become the Velociraptor of the Light Mechs.
Now the Locust shall strike fear into its prey.

With its dual 2-second machine guns and single medium laser, it will truly reduce even the battle hardened veteran piloting the latest Atlas boating build to a quivering pile of sobbing flesh and burning metal!

#66 Nathaniel Kell

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 67 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:12 PM

Sure would be cool if the CT laser could pivot up/down. I guess if you did that though you would need an actuator and would lose any possibility of a LL.

#67 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

View PostNathaniel Kell, on 15 July 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

Sure would be cool if the CT laser could pivot up/down. I guess if you did that though you would need an actuator and would lose any possibility of a LL.

It would indeed be cool. I'm thinking of something like the MW4 Mad Dog's chin rack hooked up to a horizontal-only axis. But yes, there would be an actuator. Think of the cool (if somewhat improbable) designs PGI could come up with if they implemented the additional actuators (think twin laser mounts on side torsos). So many applications to zombie builds...

#68 ThermidorFallen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 224 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:26 PM

View PostNathaniel Kell, on 15 July 2013 - 04:12 PM, said:

That's a very good point. I wonder what it means for the underside turret on the Vulture.

#69 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostThermidorFallen, on 15 July 2013 - 04:26 PM, said:

That's a very good point. I wonder what it means for the underside turret on the Vulture.

My guess would be that either they won't have it (in the original art, it's a sensor module, not weaponry) Posted Image But if they did go with the MW4 version (IMO, it's better. It looks like it's built to actually take a hit, though that might just be the fact that I grew up with MW4), I imagine that they would either implement it without an actuator (not likely), or put it in as an actuator. That would be a cool design perk in itself, having only certain chassis being able to mount a horizontal and/or vertical turret on a torso. (though not all that canon) I personally would prefer the flexibility of the turret to the power of the larger weaponry.

Edited by 101011, 15 July 2013 - 04:39 PM.

#70 ThermidorFallen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 224 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

View Post101011, on 15 July 2013 - 04:37 PM, said:

My guess would be that either they won't have it (in the original art, it's a sensor module, not weaponry) Posted Image But if they did go with the MW4 version (IMO, it's better. It looks like it's built to actually take a hit, though that might just be the fact that I grew up with MW4), I imagine that they would either implement it without an actuator (not likely), or put it in as an actuator. That would be a cool design perk in itself, having only certain chassis being able to mount a horizontal and/or vertical turret on a torso. (though not all that canon) I personally would prefer the flexibility of the turret to the power of the larger weaponry.

Didn't know about it being a sensor module in the original, thanks!

I prefer the MW4 version, it was my favorite mech of that series, so I hope they would include a turret that kept pace with the arms.

#71 Der BruzZzler von Wiesndoof

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,494 posts
  • LocationAm Grill

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:38 AM

Show us the rest of the Phoenix Mechs in a high resolution, please! :)
It's overdue ...

#72 Prezimonto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 25 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

I, to, am wondering when the rest of the art will be coming along. "soon"?

#73 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 25 July 2013 - 12:50 PM

View Post101011, on 15 July 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

Thank you developers for all your hard work at bringing back this franchise with an amazing game!
Not my idea, but it deserves more attention: Here.

Off topic, but your signature is kinda ironic

#74 101011

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:00 PM

View PostNamesAreStupid, on 25 July 2013 - 12:50 PM, said:

Off topic, but your signature is kinda ironic

Is it? I do find myself being negative quite a bit more than I like, and I think the forums in general lose sight of what this game is: a game made by MechWarrior fans, after a decade of nothing. Yes, it's far from flawless, but you know, at the end of the day, it's MechWarrior. So, while I am negative, I also try to remind people that this franchise was mostly dead. I mean, there was MW4, overall, a meh game. MechAssault doesn't even count as a MechWarrior game, and Microsoft was showing no signs of bringing back the IP. So that a game company actually created this is pretty awesome, you know?

#75 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 01:01 PM

It's a sexy mech.

#76 Flying Judgement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 475 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostTennex, on 10 July 2013 - 09:58 AM, said:

looks a bit like this one rendition though

Posted Image

The Y shaped torso, chin turrent, crotch armor flaps

Now that's what im talking about that's a mean looking fast locust

the other one is a Ferrari in my opinion but its looks cool too :) i hope it can have 4 module with mastery and masc

By the way is JJ mechs cant have masc that would be amazing :) just to make things even

then i would have a chans to run away from a jenner and a spider or they will have me for breakfast!!!!

Edited by Flying Judgement, 25 July 2013 - 05:32 PM.

#77 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 25 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

View PostFlying Judgement, on 09 July 2013 - 05:07 PM, said:

the locust looks like a sport car compare to the jenner and flea i love the designe. i didnt like it at firs its definetly NOT A LOCUST but is pretty the locust looks sick and intimidateing :) i wish we could have the real lokust too.

i decided i need to buy red paint and its going to be my new ferri or lamborgini :)

Wow, the scale is totally off.

#78 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

As someone who may or may not have OCD i figure i'd update this to be more.. correct, considering this is a standard variant (the phoenix variants only have phoenix paint jobs) and shouldn't have the custom geometry.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Edited by Tennex, 16 August 2013 - 06:46 PM.

#79 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 17 August 2013 - 01:05 AM

Finally got my talon package now that the other variant details are out.

1v - 1 energy/4ballistics
3m - 5 energy, 1med 4 small lasers
3s - 1 energy, 2 missile, 1medlas, 2 ssrm

Its a good bunch, and I must say I am in love with the designs.
Cant wait for this 20ton hard mode.

#80 Tennex

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:38 PM

View PostMonkeyCheese, on 17 August 2013 - 01:05 AM, said:

Finally got my talon package now that the other variant details are out.

1v - 1 energy/4ballistics
3m - 5 energy, 1med 4 small lasers
3s - 1 energy, 2 missile, 1medlas, 2 ssrm

Its a good bunch, and I must say I am in love with the designs.
Cant wait for this 20ton hard mode.

ooh 5 energy that will be interesting...

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users