Semi-Stock Mech Saturdays

70 replies to this topic

#1 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:14 PM

Lets play some seim-stock games using a simple customization rule:

You can change anything on a Mech except its Weapon Systems.

Posted Image

Ammo, Equipment, Armor Distribution, and Uprades (including Artemis) can be customized.

This rule gives us "semi-stock" mechs that we can all validate when targeting our opponents. Trial mechs are welcome too.

When: TBD
Where: NGNG Teamspeak Server:

Address: voip01.n1585.hypernia.net:9992
Password: mechwarrior
Channel: Drop Zone > Jumpship: Semi-Stock Mech Saturday

If you don't have a mic, you can still communicate in the TS3 text chat lobbies. Download TS3 here: http://www.teamspeak...page=teamspeak3

Drop Process:
If we have enough people it will be a mass sync drop like Marik Madness where all players:

1. Ensure you are NOT in a group
2. Select Conquest mode (no capping though, we are here to fight)
3. Someone will count down from 3,2,1,DROP. Press Launch on DROP.
4. Identify who's on your team in game and move to an empty drop bay.

If we don't have enough we will do 8 vs 8 sync drops with 2 light, 2 medium, 2 heavy, and 2 assault mechs on each team. Players will rotate in and out of games until we have enough for another 8 v 8.

RSVP:
Reply here if you want to attend.

Spread the Word:
Tell your friends and team mates and get them to reply here too.

Come Prepared:
Prepare a variety of your Mechs with their stock weapon configurations.

Official Variants not in MWO:
Some players have said they will be running official variants that do not exist in MWO. You can see these at: http://www.sarna.net/ [MechName]

Example, if you see a STK-3F running streaks insead of SRM6's, its the STK-3Fk: http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Stalker

What about the OP stock builds? This is NOT a competitive tournament. Have some faith that the MechWarriors that want to fight stock battles are not going to only take Hunchback 4P's and 4SP's or ECM mechs only. Worst case, we could limit the mechs that we use with a list that excludes the OP and ECM mechs.

Edited by TheForce, 01 May 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#2 Victor Morson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 6,370 posts
  • LocationAnder's Moon

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:22 PM

Step 1: Take the goon designed Dragon
Step 2: Win every time, because seriously, TT designs suck in MW:O!

I'd be all for a stock drop thing as a gimmick bit of fun but that right there kills it. Not that I'm complaining. Giving newbies even a MARGINALLY useful 'mech has helped their morale considerably.

Edited by Victor Morson, 07 April 2013 - 03:23 PM.

#3 Kassatsu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:26 PM

I doubt they consider the contest winner Dragon as a 'stock' mech, but that's me.

I'm curious how mechs like the RVN-3L using their stock weapon loadout would fare against just about anything else, obviously since it's allowed, you'd upgrade the engine, heat sinks etc.

Also, would an AMS be allowed? It's got its own 'weapon' hardpoint and is shown under the weapon category in the mech lab.

#4 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:27 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 07 April 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

I'd be all for a stock drop thing as a gimmick bit of fun but that right there kills it. Not that I'm complaining. Giving newbies even a MARGINALLY useful 'mech has helped their morale considerably.

There should ALWAYS be a 'design a trial mech' competition going on until we have enough to cover every horrible stock variant.

#5 mekabuser

• Philanthropist
  • 1,846 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:31 PM

View PostVictor Morson, on 07 April 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

there are plenty of stock builds that are fine.. Secondly, stock weapons,, tweaked everything else should be serious fun..
I approve.
nice idea.

#6 Royalewithcheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:45 PM

Much as it pains me to sully my pristine DDC with lurms, this is gonna be a lot of fun :P

#7 Mild Monkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 221 posts
  • LocationWhy, East of Eden

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:57 PM

so basically I can take the stock Hunchback 4sp and upgrade everything but the weapons which is the optimum loadout anyway, making it some 200 % more effective? Some mechs are less stock than others when we are talking "equipment only" modifications.

#8 Kassatsu

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:59 PM

View PostMild Monkey, on 07 April 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

so basically I can take the stock Hunchback 4sp and upgrade everything but the weapons which is the optimum loadout anyway, making it some 200 % more effective? Some mechs are less stock than others when we are talking "equipment only" modifications.

Yes but you may be looked upon as "that guy". Probably not. As long as you're using the stock weapon configuration (in the case of Ravens, you can't even remove the Narc from what I gather in the OP, though you CAN remove its ammo).

#9 SirLANsalot

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:02 PM

View PostMild Monkey, on 07 April 2013 - 03:57 PM, said:

4G too. Stock 4G or Stock+1. Stock +2 gets rid of the useless small laser that should never exist on ANY mech, and puts in the ML that belongs there. Add in DHS and a STD 240 with Endo and 3 tons of ammo (or 4 without the ML) and cruse around killing everything in sight.

#10 Dead Fury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:14 PM

Sounds like I'm bringing my stock 4P since all I did to it currently is whats allowed in your rules.

This is going to be cheese, you should probably fix your rules.

Posted Image

Take note, 5 of those deaths were from letting my friend try out the game today, he got 0 kills and 5 deaths. but he had fun. so really my k/d is 49/12

You should make it be "truly" stock.

tl;dr
This is not at all "stock", you should make it truly stock.

Edit: incase people are wondering why my low match count, I just came back from a 3 month break from the game, before they never had these mech stats.

Edited by Unstruck Fury, 07 April 2013 - 04:23 PM.

#11 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:26 PM

Stock Mech Sunday- April 14th, soon to be known as "Return of the Swayback!"

Hunchback 4P: "Hey guys! Miss me?" pewpewpew!

#12 TheForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:34 PM

View PostUnstruck Fury, on 07 April 2013 - 04:14 PM, said:

Sounds like I'm bringing my stock 4P since all I did to it currently is whats allowed in your rules.

This is going to be cheese, you should probably fix your rules.

Posted Image

Take note, 5 of those deaths were from letting my friend try out the game today, he got 0 kills and 5 deaths. but he had fun. so really my k/d is 49/12

You should make it be "truly" stock.

tl;dr
This is not at all "stock", you should make it truly stock.

Edit: incase people are wondering why my low match count, I just came back from a 3 month break from the game, before they never had these mech stats.

I figured the MimaxWarriors would prefer to stick with custom battles and not show up for this.

Original post updated with list of acceptable mechs.

Edited by TheForce, 07 April 2013 - 04:35 PM.

#13 Demoned

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 670 posts
  • Locationi Died went to heaven, then died again now I'm in Equestria

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:36 PM

good job you skipped on the HBK-4SP lol
or else everyone just run that :P

#14 Cest7

• Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:37 PM

lol conquest, pass.

#15 Dead Fury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:45 PM

View PostTheForce, on 07 April 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

I figured the MimaxWarriors would prefer to stick with custom battles and not show up for this.

Its the stock build of the 4P. and people who think Min/Max is op in any way need to learn how to play then. The hunchback 4P is the only mech that I even do this "maxing" thing on and I dont have a problem with anybody else maxing. I have no problem with dual ac/20 people, its just people who dont know how to deal with them that have the problem.

Either way, I usually run my 4P with a mix of small lasers also. so its not quite a Max build. However, I just as much run it with 9 medium lasers.

If you are adding a list of Over Powered stock builds, then this whole thing is just going to fail and be dumb.

#16 Davers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 07 April 2013 - 04:50 PM

The only way to do a 'stock tournament' is with truly stock mechs. Even the slightest amount of customization turns a very hot build into a juggernaught.

#17 Dead Fury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 235 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:03 PM

View PostDavers, on 07 April 2013 - 04:50 PM, said:

The only way to do a 'stock tournament' is with truly stock mechs. Even the slightest amount of customization turns a very hot build into a juggernaught.

This.

This tournament is already a fail if you only allow certain stock mechs. Such as completely ruling at the 4SP and 4P mechs.

#18 Mackman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:34 PM

View PostTheForce, on 07 April 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

Wow... and this just confirms that whatever restrictions some people (maybe not you) wish to enforce on the playerbase as a whole, they will always be unhappy and put further restrictions on it...

#19 Aym

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 07 April 2013 - 05:44 PM

View Postmekabuser, on 07 April 2013 - 03:31 PM, said:

there are plenty of stock builds that are fine.. Secondly, stock weapons,, tweaked everything else should be serious fun..
I approve.
nice idea.

Thank you! I thought it would be great fun too! I work Sundays (at work now) but I hope people participating in this have some laughs! I'm not sure I agree with restricting some stock mechs, I realize some will be standouts in terms of apparent power (Hunch SP and P I'm looking at you...) but I'd like to see how it plays out before restricting it further. OP I love the icon you made for this though!

#20 Kassatsu

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 07 April 2013 - 06:56 PM

Lol no ECM mechs. So much mad will happen if people participating in this drop with a random that has nothing to do with it in his ECM mech.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users