406 replies to this topic

#21 3Xtr3m3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 717 posts
  • LocationOn Your Six

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:30 AM

Players divided, Those buying Victors, and those who think, "Hmmm. What do I have in my Mechbay for HUNTING Victors?"

#22 Sybreed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

that's a good idea

#23 Tennex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 6,619 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

View PostButane9000, on 09 July 2013 - 08:24 AM, said:

I have to be honest. I'd be more interested if the Victor was the ballistic heavy assault it was supposed to be instead of being a watered down Highlander.

yeah wheres the ballistic variants

#24 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

I never buy standard mechs with MC, but there are 2 things I really like about this:

1) generates revenue while not being P2W. These are standard variants that will be available for cbills to everyone in short order.
2) it smooths out the new mech spike that occurs in game everytime a new mechs released.

#25 FrDrake

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,086 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:34 AM

This isn't pay2win or shady, you guys will doomsay anything. I hope the sale goes well so they don't have to monetize in other more unseemly ways.

#26 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:35 AM

I don't imagine victors being P2W by any stretch of the imagination, in fact due to people actively forming victor-killing teams its more like Pay-2-Die.

#27 kuangmk11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 627 posts
  • LocationW-SEA, Cascadia

Is the ugly model going to get fixed to be closer to the concept art?

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__2529001

Edited by kuangmk11, 09 July 2013 - 08:40 AM.

#28 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

I don't like this idea... but it's a clear money grab for those that are impatient.

If you're disappointed about the Victors, you Paid 2 Lose.

However, this is smart marketing, even though I hate the idea.

#29 Noonan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 153 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:37 AM

It does not matter if it is P2W, If it alienates the players and makes the long term supporters of the game leave, the game will inevitably fail.

#30 irony1999

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 302 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

View PostNoonan, on 09 July 2013 - 08:26 AM, said:

This is called alienating your customers PGI. My reward for playing your game a lot and accumulating Cbills is to get to wait to drive a mech others are getting early? I guess the tons of money I have already spent are not enough?

This might just be the end for my giving PGI any more money. Ever.

So Founders early-bird beta access, hero mechs coming out before regular chassis, and getting unseen mechs months before everyone else is OK... but getting regular, plain old mechs a week early is a game breaker?

LOL - guess you can't please everyone...

#31 Flying Judgement

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 475 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

View Postkuangmk11, on 09 July 2013 - 08:35 AM, said:

Is the ugly model going to get fixed to be closer to the concept art?

hahaha i was waiting so mutch for this mech and wanted to buy my first herro assult.
then i seen the screenshot and whot ? wait what? it dosnt looks as good as in th concept art. every piece have different size and just looks wierd :D so sad i realy wanted this.
well may be the orion will looks better

Edited by Flying Judgement, 09 July 2013 - 08:46 AM.

#32 Ransack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

Thanks for letting me know. I can wait a week.

#33 Odins Fist

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,111 posts
  • LocationThe North

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:45 AM

NO THANKS... I will use the time between the milking for the Victor and it's c-bill versions release to see exactly what weaknesses they have, and that will dictate if I even spend c-bills on them.

Remember we are knee deep in Operation Revival WAVE-4...!!! That's W-A-V-E number "FOUR"..

I knew the timeline would get dumped as soon as it was obvious they couldn't keep pace with it, called it months ago.
It was a mistake to announce a timeline in the first place, and only showcases the slow down of game development into it's current state.

Edited by Odins Fist, 09 July 2013 - 08:49 AM.

#34 Eric darkstar Marr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 487 posts
  • LocationNC

Maybe if you had put up a creative directors update and were a little more forth coming people would throw more cash at you however that is not the case.

#35 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

View PostNoonan, on 09 July 2013 - 08:37 AM, said:

It does not matter if it is P2W, If it alienates the players and makes the long term supporters of the game leave, the game will inevitably fail.

I am not seeing how people would think this is some great alienating move. Seems perfectly fine to me. If people want to pay for early access to a chassis then more power to em. Be glad someone is contributing to the games future.

#36 Assiah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 539 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:46 AM

I'm not sure how this would alienate the player base, this is fairly standard F2P style right here, you can pay money to get one week access to a standard mech design, or wait and pay regular cash for it. I mean lets face it, paying MC for standard mechs was always a bad choice, they are ridiculously overpriced and really almost never worth it. This at least gives us a reason to consider spending real money on a standard mech, hell I might have even spent some MC for a victor if they were reasonably priced, but I'm not about to shell out more than 2000 MC for a mech.

If you want to get on PGI's case for alienating their customers, at least go after the real issues, like lack of information on critical issues, constant delays, poor balancing choices, bad matchmaker, ect.

#37 Lt Limpy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:48 AM

Cue the QQ.

#38 kuangmk11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 627 posts
  • LocationW-SEA, Cascadia

View PostFlying Judgement, on 09 July 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

hahaha i was waiting so mutch for this mech and wanted to buy my first herro assult.
then i seen the screenshot and whot ? wait what? it dosnt looks as good as in th concept art. every piece have different size and just looks wierd :D so sad i fealy wanted this well may be the orion will looks better

I was looking forward to it too, but I'll pass. I also won't be buying an overlord package (or anything other 'mech) until I see renders.

#39 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

I think you're on an island here.

The majority won't be bothered by this. Why? Well, someone with more money than time is spending money keeping our beloved IP alive. And what's the difference between this and Founder's or the Project Phoenix packages?

#40 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Keep scamming money out of people PGI and game will die within a year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users