Why Do My Teammates Rush In And Die?

40 replies to this topic

#21 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

I take a team of moving noobs over a team of camping noobs any day.

#22 blacklp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • 249 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

Patience...
The key to winning most pug matches.
Patience is not a common virtue of the modern age.

#23 Elfman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:44 AM

Think it depends when you play - I play in UK times so from after work about 19:00 GMT to 21:30 and during those hours the range of skill levels in each game vary by a huge margin.

When I am working late or sometimes at weekends when I stay on later the general level of players in a game match more closely due to playing in US prime time.

As to the Plan? I often do that when pugging to see if any one actually has a plan and if not to suggest one.

With over 4k games played and good stats don't always assume plan? is a bad thing to see :D

Problem I see playing in prime time UK is you can generally tell within the first minute if your going to win or loose by watching the people around you I even recently lost a match where my entire team rushed off and died after I managed to get 7 kills

From my point of view ELO does not work and we had much more even games when it was light, medium etc matching.

I hate driving assaults just about will drive heavies but with the present meta and ELO gone are the days of having a fun match in mediums not using PPC's

#24 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

Actually post-death coroner reports indicate these pilots have a a burrowing parasite that set up shop in their brain that prior to emerging from their host forces them to dive head-first into a pitched fray so they can feast upon the bloated carrion before emerging as a "Leroy Jenkins" butterfly... :D

#25 Purlana

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,647 posts

They got tired of hiding behind a rock all game? I wish my Atlas had as much armor as those rocks...

Edited by Purlana, 09 July 2013 - 09:46 AM.

#26 East Indy

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,240 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

View PostRoland, on 09 July 2013 - 09:08 AM, said:

Folks who cower in the back while their team engages are just as big a problem as folks who rambo over a hill and die.

This happened in painfully memorable ways yesterday.

Planning at the drop just doesn't work in pugs. Either players can intuit and improvise -- especially if they know the map, anticipate what the other team can do, and know their role -- or they can't. Mid-fight communication and movement is what wins games.

#27 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:51 AM

One thing that's really bad that I've noticed is that there are a few locations of many of the maps which are just terrible places to be... fishbowls, as it were, that end up being death traps.

What's weird though is that many of these locations have an almost magnetic power over players, who continually run into those locations after spawning. And they die in those locations every time, and seemingly don't make the connection between the location and their repeated deaths.

#28 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:56 AM

View Postjakucha, on 09 July 2013 - 08:19 AM, said:

Still lots of new players it would appear.

You say that like it is a bad thing? Or are so f'ing "Leet" that helping out those new players is simply beneath your grand status?

#29 Enigmos

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:57 AM

View PostElfman, on 09 July 2013 - 09:44 AM, said:

...From my point of view ELO does not work and we had much more even games when it was light, medium etc matching.
The developer I believe is dropping the new players with a default of 'average' ELO when they have yet to learn to target, let alone aim well and timely. Thus we have a problem.

#30 IceSerpent

• 3,044 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostKunae, on 09 July 2013 - 08:15 AM, said:

When someone asks "plan?", I know we're going to lose, with that guy probably the first to die.

/signed.

#31 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

View PostRoland, on 09 July 2013 - 09:51 AM, said:

One thing that's really bad that I've noticed is that there are a few locations of many of the maps which are just terrible places to be... fishbowls, as it were, that end up being death traps.

What's weird though is that many of these locations have an almost magnetic power over players, who continually run into those locations after spawning. And they die in those locations every time, and seemingly don't make the connection between the location and their repeated deaths.

Oh look ridgeline. Lets ALL go stick out heads over. Hey why did 1/2 our team just die >.>

#32 Doctor Smiley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Between Heaven And Hell

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:04 AM

Plan?

#33 MaddMaxx

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostCountess Hemah, on 09 July 2013 - 10:04 AM, said:

Plan?

Tunnel! Watch out for Seismic though. LOL :P

#34 Doctor Smiley

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 101 posts
  • LocationSomewhere Between Heaven And Hell

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:06 AM

But I want to sit in the middle of the map sticking out and not taking cover

#35 SgtKinCaiD

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,095 posts
  • LocationBordeaux

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

Stop saying there is a surge of new players, that's not the case. Why ? Because back in march, when the MM + Elo ratings were introduced, a few of us were already ranting about the exact same situation (veterans getting paired with utter noobs), everybody laughed at us. And now ? You see a new thread about the MM nearly everyday ! And why this change ? Because there are less players playing the game but mark my words : i did not say they quit. I think that a lot players are waiting for several changes in the game : weapons balance, CW ,etc.

#36 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

Have you considered asking them not to at the beginning of the match, in a veiled way?

Every match on Frozen, if I see someone walking to R-Tard Ridge I chat something like "Please don't die alone on the ridgeline, thanks." or similar.

Most of the time it helps, occasionally you still get that one guy who insists on soloing up to the ridgeline and dying immediately. Nothing to do about those.

#37 soarra

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostBagheera, on 09 July 2013 - 11:51 AM, said:

Have you considered asking them not to at the beginning of the match, in a veiled way?

Every match on Frozen, if I see someone walking to R-Tard Ridge I chat something like "Please don't die alone on the ridgeline, thanks." or similar.

Most of the time it helps, occasionally you still get that one guy who insists on soloing up to the ridgeline and dying immediately. Nothing to do about those.

last time i tried this, i saw 3 window lickers walk up to the ridge and eat ppcs

#38 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

My teammates don't anymore. Since ELO my teammates have been very solid. We act in unison even though we barely ever speak in the chat. So those levels do exist, just keep doing the right stuff and ELO will move you ahead of the wandering lancemate levels.

#39 Bagheera

• 3,920 posts
  • LocationStrong and Pretty

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:42 PM

View Postsoarra, on 09 July 2013 - 12:28 PM, said:

last time i tried this, i saw 3 window lickers walk up to the ridge and eat ppcs

I hate that ******* ridge.

#40 soarra

• Legendary Founder
  • 1,312 posts
  • Locationny

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:16 PM

View PostLightfoot, on 09 July 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

My teammates don't anymore. Since ELO my teammates have been very solid. We act in unison even though we barely ever speak in the chat. So those levels do exist, just keep doing the right stuff and ELO will move you ahead of the wandering lancemate levels.

are we playing hte same game. My win % is pretty high and yeah still get stuck with people with trial mechs running to their deaths.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users