Patton Tank Concept-Art

139 replies to this topic

#1 Teliri

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:58 AM

Hi all)
I have some time to actively train in the field of 3d game modelling and gaming art, of course I could not ignore my favorite game and decided to paint something for MWO. I did not dare to spoil any canonical mech design by my clumsy scrawl so I decided to start with the tank) it is a redesign of 65 ton Patton tank, i knew that it far from ideal, but I'm still learning, i hope in the next time it should turn out much better)

Posted Image

#2 Brakkyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:19 AM

It looks very professional and, more importantly, ten times better than the TRO original. I approve. Somebody render this in-game as an NPC!

#3 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

View PostTeliri, on 14 July 2013 - 03:58 AM, said:

It is a redesign of 65 ton Patton tank, i knew that it far from ideal, but I'm still learning, i hope in the next time it should turn out much better

You're kidding, right? :(

Apart from the fact you forgot to do your homework (that is, you forgot to look up more info about it and went simply by the picture) which led to the missing Small Laser on the top of the turret and a Flamer in the back, the whole design is amazing! Clean from the drawing perspective and with millitaristic feeling that BTech designs lack so much, but still perfetly true to the original with lots of great details... simply a great remake of a classic.

I sure hope you'll make more of these... and good luck with the 3D model. :D

Edited by Adridos, 14 July 2013 - 04:45 AM.

#4 Teliri

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:33 AM

I remembered about small laser and flamer, I just was looking for a place where they slapped on my own design, then tired and left it at that, as a result the tank was left without half of weapons.
I did not plan to do it in 3d, but If there is more people who willing to see it in 3d, I'll do a game model optimized for the graphics engine of the crisis, because I'm creating game models and textures a little better than I draw concept arts, and then I will not forget about small laser and flamer)

#5 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:38 AM

View PostTeliri, on 14 July 2013 - 03:58 AM, said:

it is a redesign of 65 ton Patton tank, i knew that it far from ideal, but I'm still learning, i hope in the next time it should turn out much better)

One can't make something better than this!
Amazing drawing! Looking forward for more.

PS: I don't care about the 3d model! Give us some more vehicles (or mechs)!

#6 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:43 AM

View PostTeliri, on 14 July 2013 - 04:33 AM, said:

I remembered about small laser and flamer, I just was looking for a place where they slapped on my own design, then tired and left it at that, as a result the tank was left without half of weapons.

I did not plan to do it in 3d, but If there is more people who willing to see it in 3d, I'll do a game model optimized for the graphics engine of the crisis, because I'm creating game models and textures a little better than I draw concept arts, and then I will not forget about small laser and flamer)

Understandable. Finding a spot that actually fits those weapons on a more or less perfect design can't be easy.

As far as 3D model goes, I just ot the impression you've made this as a base for the 3D model since as you've said:"I have some time to actively train in the field of 3d game modelling and gaming art..." It's fine by me, I also prefer to see drawn art more. :D

#7 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

fantastic. Would look right at home crawling next to One of Alex's mechs!

#8 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 14 July 2013 - 03:50 PM

This is amazing, very MWO. Great lines, looks brutal!

#9 chaz706

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Utah

Posted 14 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

'Far From Ideal!?' You pimped out that ride son! I would love to see one of these in a Mechwarrior SP Campaign.

I'd like to pilot one for one.

#10 CarnageINC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationNorth Dakota

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:05 PM

Very nice! Being a old tanker I would love to take that Patton out in the field for a day :)

#11 Terran123rd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lumberjack
  • The Lumberjack
  • 438 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:39 PM

Don't sell yourself short. If I didn't know any better, I would have said that that was a leaked PGI concept.

#12 RotS Targe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 319 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

that's one of the best looking tanks I have ever seen!

#13 POOTYTANGASAUR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 595 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 14 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

Submit this to PGI along with your ressume. You could probably get a job for graphics design and art. Also do a joust tank. IDK why but i love the joust tank and behemoth so ******* much. Also this is ******* beastly nice work. (chants "do more... do more.... please mister do more") (roomate yells at him "ST FU you dirty nerd") (begins crying while saying "you wont be saying **** when i finish building my ford focus into a joust tank and erppc your nipples off from 800 meters")

Edited by POOTYTANGASAUR, 14 July 2013 - 05:58 PM.

#14 kesuga7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationSegmentum solar - Sector solar - Subsector sol - Hive world - "Holy terra"

Posted 14 July 2013 - 08:19 PM

This looks like something the hardware shipbreakers guys come up with concept art (and how good it is)

I dearly want homeworld 3 (not made by gearbox)

I know it may be allot of work and it may or not (most likely not) pan out

but if you made this in cryengine 3 and sumbited it to pgi as part of your resume they might hire ya :) (or skip that welll anyway you can do what you want )

**** if they went as far as actually putting it as a npc later on that would be boss :)

Edited by kesuga7, 14 July 2013 - 08:21 PM.

#15 Teliri

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

Thank you so much for the positive feedback, they are motivates to work harder and better) I'm not ready to send my resume to PGI, because I have not enough good jobs. In any case, it does not make sense, because I'm from Russia, and it is far from Canada, so that PGI would prefer to hire someone who lives closer. Also in America there are schools of digital art which gives students a very good education, and I am a self-taught so I do not compare with them.
Nevertheless, I will continue to draw concepts, at least another couple. First - aerospace fighter and then, if this concept will turn out well, I will try to draw a mech (it may be quite difficult) and make 3d model of this mech for the Сrisis 3, so that soon the wait for new works, thank you)

p.s. Hardware video is interesting, did not know anything about this game, i need to find out more...

#16 Adridos

• Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:52 AM

View PostTeliri, on 14 July 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

Also in America there are schools of digital art which gives students a very good education, and I am a self-taught so I do not compare with them.

First - aerospace fighter and then, if this concept will turn out well, I will try to draw a mech (it may be quite difficult) and make 3d model of this mech for the Сrisis 3, so that soon the wait for new works, thank you)

They got it served on a silver platter and you simply have enough talent to do it yourself and get on a professional level. In a gaming industry, where technology and tools change from month to month, someone who can adapt and learn new tools is better off than someone who is stuck with the tools he was taught to use in a school.

P.S. When reffereing to models, you're making them for CryEngine 3, not Crysis 3 (a game made on that said engine). :)

#17 bloodybones jones

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:12 AM

good job!

#18 Terran123rd

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Lumberjack
  • The Lumberjack
  • 438 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 01:56 AM

View PostTeliri, on 14 July 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

snip

Let me put it this way:

I'm a student at one of the best, if not THE best, art schools in the United States. Your self-taught hobby picture is a hundred times better than anything I've created, even allowing for the fact that I'm only a freshman at said amazing school.

Where you get the skills does not matter. That you have them and can use them consistently does. You have perfectly emulated an aesthetic style, down to the most minute details, that PGI probably worked long and hard to create in the first place, and they have some VERY talented artists working for them.

Even if you decide NOT to join their ranks, you still have skills that would make any developer in need of a concept artist sit up and take notice.

#19 Teliri

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:35 AM

Your feedback is very important to me and I'll try not to disappoint you in the future
Yesterday, after a couple of fights on my purple quckdraw I decided to draw Corsair CSR-B12 aerospace fighter, and today i'll began to draw it, it will be interesting) I can not say when it will end, it usually happens very slowly, try to hurry, because the plane is easier than a tank, and I received some experience from previous project.
Terran123rd, you are lucky) professional education is difficult to replace, at school you learn in the months to what I learned years

Edited by Teliri, 15 July 2013 - 02:44 AM.

#20 NautilusCommand

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 695 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:35 AM

Am I the only one easily reminded of the mammoth tank? aside from the fact it would be lacking another cannon, missile rack. But this is great! If can picture your concept in my mind moving, shooting, and taking damage... it's probably a good thing.

I'd love to see some one throw a jungle camo on it and put it in a background ( a jungle) It'd look so sweet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users