#21 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

View PostStaggerCheck, on 15 July 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

I hope you like seeing Mechs getting one-shot, because when the Clans arrive, it will be commonplace.

Thats why they will never make it.

#22 SuperJoe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:55 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 15 July 2013 - 06:50 AM, said:

Are you sure you understand what convergence is?
We have convergence.
It is what makes your crosshair work, so that your arms and all your weapons point where you're aiming at.
Without convergence, if you aim at a spot on the enemy mech, a gun installed 3 m below and 2m to the side of your cockpit would hit the enemy 3m below and 2m to the side of where your crosshair points at.

I'm not an *****, *****. I know what convergence is, I guess i should have been clear. I think the ideas that people have been proposing about convergence are generally PRETTY AWFUL and will make this game even more of an awful slog than it already is.

really, that's censored? Oh jeeze lol

Edited by SuperJoe, 15 July 2013 - 06:55 AM.

#23 Nicholas Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

View PostSuperJoe, on 15 July 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

I'm not an *****, *****. I know what convergence is, I guess i should have been clear. I think the ideas that people have been proposing about convergence are generally PRETTY AWFUL and will make this game even more of an awful slog than it already is.

So what's your great idea to...in your words...fix this awful slog of a game?

#24 xZaOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationCanada

The end is nigh.

#25 Tegiminis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNot In MWO

View PostAcid Phase, on 15 July 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

Ask me why I couldn't take this OP serious.

Presumably it's because you can't express yourself in words, and must resort to using a bad stock reaction image. Also presumably because your humor organ is shriveled and dessicated.

Edited by Tegiminis, 15 July 2013 - 06:59 AM.

#26 fil5000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:57 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 15 July 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

You jump in the middle of a bunch of Crusaders laugh at them and you really think that we will put our swords back into the scabbard - before cutting you into pieces of meat and bones?

However show me your options - about heat scale, armor and mech quirks - or I don't prevent them in cutting you down.

what does th

#27 Tegiminis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNot In MWO

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:58 AM

I am unironically overjoyed that somebody responded to my sass by roleplaying at me.

#28 Lugh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:59 AM

all problems with alphawarrior online are solved through proper damage done on overheat..

#29 SuperJoe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 15 July 2013 - 06:56 AM, said:

So what's your great idea to...in your words...fix this awful slog of a game?

I dunno, I'm not a game designer.

#30 fil5000

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

truly this thread will get a line in the remembrance of clan grognard.

edit: clan hematite grognard?

Edited by fil5000, 15 July 2013 - 07:00 AM.

#31 Acid Phase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 553 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:03 AM

View PostTegiminis, on 15 July 2013 - 06:56 AM, said:

Presumably it's because you can't express yourself in words, and must resort to using a bad stock reaction image. Also presumably because your humor ***** is shriveled and dessicated.

I'll tell you what you don't present in words in your thread here. A counter detailed argument as to why convergence isn't an issue, other than the ideas presented in full detail by other members are awful. You brought nothing. You're another "I love my high alpha pinpoint damage.....I want it, I yearn for it, I must have it."

View PostTegiminis, on 15 July 2013 - 06:17 AM, said:

Convergence is not the issue, and screwing with convergence in any significant way beyond adding quirks to certain bots is an unnecessary increase in complexity for little to no benefit. I have no clue where all you grognards latched onto the notion that "being a good shot" is the problem, but this advocacy for a step backwards is a prime example why nobody actually takes you seriously besides other braindead jerks.

Mechwarrior is not BattleTech Tabletop, and all your advocacy to make it that way is both stupid and damaging to Mechwarrior Online.

.....yeah.....calling forum members names does wonders for your argument.

Edited by Acid Phase, 15 July 2013 - 07:09 AM.

#32 Tegiminis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNot In MWO

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:07 AM

I think convergence isn't an issue, therefore I want everything to be instakills.

That's it. You've caught me. I was in disguise, but you figured out my clever ruse. I have thus recommended you to Scotland Yard for immediate recruitment. Truly, your powers of logic and deduction are unparalleled. I look forward to the day you can solve real crimes, instead of erroneously attributing a position to me that I never had.

#33 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 15 July 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

Thats why they will never make it.

I don't think you know what never means. :)

#34 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

View PostRoland, on 15 July 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

At this point, there is little utility in continuing to argue over convergence issues.

PGI has, presumably, read some of these threads.

They'll do what they see fit. I don't believe any amount of discussion beyond what's already taken place is really going to change things.

Play the game until it's boring, and then stop playing.

That why I'm sitting reading the forums instead of playing, despite premium time rolling. Perfect, automatic, convergence has made for a boring meta in both game play and mech load out.

#35 Tegiminis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNot In MWO

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

*singsong voice* thaaaaaaaaaaaaaat's nooooooooooooooooooot theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee reeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaal proooooooooooooooooobleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem

#36 PanzerMagier

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 1,369 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSome nameless backwater planet

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

You're wrong.

*walks around the stadium, making the whoop whoop gesture with his hands. the crowd goes wild, screaming and chanting "Tegiminis, we love you!!!" roses fall from the stands onto the grass and are trampled*

Convergence is not the issue, and screwing with convergence in any significant way beyond adding quirks to certain bots is an unnecessary increase in complexity for little to no benefit. I have no clue where all you grognards latched onto the notion that "being a good shot" is the problem, but this advocacy for a step backwards is a prime example why nobody actually takes you seriously besides other braindead jerks.

Mechwarrior is not BattleTech Tabletop, and all your advocacy to make it that way is both stupid and damaging to Mechwarrior Online.

Feel free to tell me how adding cone of fire and/or making big weapons not converge and/or adding like 40 new targeting reticules and/or making your mech fire like it has RoboParkinson's is a good idea below.

Yes because getting one hit killed 2 minutes into the match by 6 ppcs is fine.

I wish they could put fools like you and everyone else who plays a 4~6 ppc stalker on their own server. See how populated it is after a week or two. You'll realize that playing a 3F stalker 4 ppcs isn't fun after a while, Especially when everyone runs it.

#37 Kaldor

• 1,239 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:15 AM

View PostRoland, on 15 July 2013 - 06:52 AM, said:

At this point, there is little utility in continuing to argue over convergence issues.

PGI has, presumably, read some of these threads.

They'll do what they see fit. I don't believe any amount of discussion beyond what's already taken place is really going to change things.

Play the game until it's boring, and then stop playing.

This is pretty much it, in a nutshell.

Convergence is not the problem. Adding a CoF effect/randomness does nerf player skill in spite of what you might think. The real fix needs to come as a way to keep big alpha strikes under control and forcing players to take more shots which in turn spreads damage around which keeps people from insta dying.

I dont think the patch tomorrow will fix everything, as a pair of PPCs and a gauss will still be very effective, but its a step in the right direction.

#38 MustrumRidcully

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,644 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:15 AM

View PostAcid Phase, on 15 July 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

Posted Image

Ask me why I couldn't take this OP serious.

Why could you not take this OP serious?

#39 Krzysztof z Bagien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 710 posts
  • LocationUć, Poland

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:16 AM

Obvious troll is obvious. I rate OP at 4/10.

#40 Warge

• 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

You're wrong.

Do you have a mirror nearby?

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users