#41 Tegiminis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNot In MWO

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

View PostPanzerMagier, on 15 July 2013 - 07:13 AM, said:

Yes because getting one hit killed 2 minutes into the match by 6 ppcs is fine.

I wish they could put fools like you and everyone else who plays a 4~6 ppc stalker on their own server. See how populated it is after a week or two. You'll realize that playing a 3F stalker 4 ppcs isn't fun after a while, Especially when everyone runs it.

Because I'm against sweeping convergence changes, I must naturally only play PPC Stalkers.

Guess again, cluemaster!

(You are master of the clues)

#42 General Taskeen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,737 posts
  • LocationCircinus

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:20 AM

Well I'm sure that nobody wants WoT style aim. WoT style stays in WoT, because its for that game, not MWO. I play WoT, but I'd certainly rather play a real WW2 Tank Simulator. People just want more simulation in the 'spirit' of Battle Tech is all. Someting akin to the devs original MW5 concept would not be unreasonable. it opens up the possibility of BT equipment actually doing more stuff, like C3 enhancing aim, or Targeting Computers, or new skill trees, etc.

#43 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostKaldor, on 15 July 2013 - 07:15 AM, said:

Convergence is not the problem. Adding a CoF effect/randomness does nerf player skill in spite of what you might think.

Can you please stop saying that changing instant convergence is the same as adding COF or randomness. It's not.

It's just ENDING INSTANT CONVERGENCE.

It means your weapons take time to attain perfect convergence.

You still always know where your weapons will go if done properly.

No random at all.

But if you prefer chain fire only, I'm fine with that too.

View PostTegiminis, on 15 July 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

Because I'm against sweeping convergence changes, I must naturally only play PPC Stalkers.

Guess again, cluemaster!

(You are master of the clues)

And you are the master of never saying what your idea to fix things is. You sound like a politician.

#44 Tegiminis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNot In MWO

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:24 AM

A politics joke. Very classy. Very urbane. Pure wit. Now I know why you are the delight of erudite socialites the world over.

#45 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,724 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

View PostTegiminis, on 15 July 2013 - 06:17 AM, said:

You're wrong.

*walks around the stadium, making the whoop whoop gesture with his hands. the crowd goes wild, screaming and chanting "Tegiminis, we love you!!!" roses fall from the stands onto the grass and are trampled*

Convergence is not the issue, and screwing with convergence in any significant way beyond adding quirks to certain bots is an unnecessary increase in complexity for little to no benefit. I have no clue where all you grognards latched onto the notion that "being a good shot" is the problem, but this advocacy for a step backwards is a prime example why nobody actually takes you seriously besides other braindead jerks.

Mechwarrior is not BattleTech Tabletop, and all your advocacy to make it that way is both stupid and damaging to Mechwarrior Online.

Feel free to tell me how adding cone of fire and/or making big weapons not converge and/or adding like 40 new targeting reticules and/or making your mech fire like it has RoboParkinson's is a good idea below.

Seriously go play Angry Birds.

#46 SuperJoe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:27 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 15 July 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

Can you please stop saying that changing instant convergence is the same as adding COF or randomness. It's not.

It's just ENDING INSTANT CONVERGENCE.

It means your weapons take time to attain perfect convergence.

You still always know where your weapons will go if done properly.

No random at all.

But if you prefer chain fire only, I'm fine with that too.

And you are the master of never saying what your idea to fix things is. You sound like a politician.

You don't really have to have your own idea to critically dissect someone else's.

#47 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:28 AM

View PostTegiminis, on 15 July 2013 - 07:24 AM, said:

A politics joke. Very classy. Very urbane. Pure wit. Now I know why you are the delight of erudite socialites the world over.

I see we found dictionary.com and thesaurus.com.

Congratulations.

View PostSuperJoe, on 15 July 2013 - 07:27 AM, said:

You don't really have to have your own idea to critically dissect someone else's.

LOL and where did you see him critically dissect anything?

#48 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 15 July 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

the apparent position is raise the armor like 5x so heat would make people who use smaller less hot weapons can do more damage over time which would make people quit using gauss and PPC alphas because they would overheat and not be able to fire as much.

I'm still in the train of mind that because this game isn't a MMORPG where say an Atlas has 440 hit points so I can hit him anywhere and eventually after I do 440 damage he dies, and I have to shoot him somewhere specifically, making it difficult to hit that location with all of your weapons, every trigger pull would help survivability - but apparently according to the OP and his friends that makes me a subhuman worthy of public execution.

Edited by DocBach, 15 July 2013 - 07:31 AM.

#49 Otto Cannon

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,689 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

The game is not supposed to have the pinpoint instant convergence we have now. The only reason for it is the hit detection not working very well, so until it gets fixed we can't have a working convergence system where shots might hit more than one place and have to be calculated in a more complex way.
There are other ideas like extra armour, heat etc. and while we have technical issues PGI are going to have to use aspects of those to try and plug the gap where working convergence mechanics should be. That's why we have the odd hetnerf on multiple weapons being added.

The fact is though, in the long term getting rid of instant pinpoint is the only thing that will work properly. Adding more armour won't change the way people choose weapon loadouts. I know some people think that extending fights will mean dps brawlers get an advantage on paper, but the 'shoot everything in one spot' builds will still be easier to win with in reality because of the torso twist then fire style and coring through a location with less shots.

#50 Tegiminis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNot In MWO

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

What's a dictionary? What's a thesaurus? I learn only through osmosis. I absorb words through my skin, like some type of animal that absorbs things through its skin. Do you really think you can defeat a man that learns by laying on top of a book for an hour?

Feed me your strawmen. Accuse me of being things that have absolutely no connection to the discussion. I called your idea stupid, and I said you were dumb for believing it. This is Casus Belli! No quarter given!

Hi DocBach. Have you come to give me kisses?

#51 Acid Phase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 553 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:34 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 15 July 2013 - 07:28 AM, said:

I see we found dictionary.com and thesaurus.com.

Congratulations.

Thought the same. His browser must be set-up to have both pages open at start-up.

#52 SuperJoe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostDocBach, on 15 July 2013 - 07:30 AM, said:

the apparent position is raise the armor like 5x so heat would make people who use smaller less hot weapons can do more damage over time which would make people quit using gauss and PPC alphas because they would overheat and not be able to fire as much.

I'm still in the train of mind that because this game isn't a MMORPG where say an Atlas has 440 hit points so I can hit him anywhere and eventually after I do 440 damage he dies, and I have to shoot him somewhere specifically, making it difficult to hit that location with all of your weapons, every trigger pull would help survivability - but apparently according to the OP and his friends that makes me a subhuman worthy of public execution.

that's a lie tho.

#53 Tegiminis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNot In MWO

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:37 AM

How dare somebody read enough to know words? He must be some kind of sorcerer. A word sorcerer. An etymancer.

#54 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

View PostTegiminis, on 15 July 2013 - 07:32 AM, said:

Hi DocBach. Have you come to give me kisses?

I read something about men sitting in a hot tub with drinks discussing internet robots and it got me sort of arou--- intrigued, I mean intrigued.

#55 arghmace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 845 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:38 AM

I wouldn't like unavoidable random dispersion either. But there are many ways to tackle pin point alpha -issue while still having full control of accuracy.

1) If you shoot just one weapon at a time, it hits exactly where you point. Fire more and there's dispersion.
2) Have a cone of fire that converges to a precise single point with a little bit of aiming
3) Implement manual control to conversion distance
4) Make side torso weapons hit the extremities of the crosshair. Still not random and fully accurate but not all weapons hit the same spot.

Edited by arghmace, 15 July 2013 - 07:39 AM.

#56 Tegiminis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNot In MWO

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

Man don't put that in my thread.

Edited by Tegiminis, 15 July 2013 - 07:42 AM.

#57 Nicholas Carlyle

• Bad Company
  • 5,958 posts
  • LocationMiddletown, DE

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:42 AM

View PostSuperJoe, on 15 July 2013 - 07:35 AM, said:

that's a lie tho.

You on the other hand do not use the dictionary.

Why are you guys so bad at expanding on things?

WHY is it a lie.

#58 SuperJoe

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 148 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 15 July 2013 - 07:42 AM, said:

You on the other hand do not use the dictionary.

Why are you guys so bad at expanding on things?

WHY is it a lie.

none of us proposed 5x armor? That's a flat out lie.

tho

#59 Tegiminis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts
  • LocationNot In MWO

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

Because the values are actually somewhere on the order of 25/32% armor/internals. Saying it's 5x is actually a lie.

#60 FireSlade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,174 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:45 AM

View PostPrezimonto, on 15 July 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

That why I'm sitting reading the forums instead of playing, despite premium time rolling. Perfect, automatic, convergence has made for a boring meta in both game play and mech load out.

Pretty much my reasoning for being here. Either I give up and buy a Stalker and load it up with PPCs or a get a Jagermech and put twin AC20s in it. Not much skill or fun involved here; just grinding away match after match with the same boring builds being used against me. So I come to the forum to see what people think of the meta and all I see is "there is there is nothing wrong, nerf the PPC and buff SRMs, problem solved so there." The only thing that I can see with that argument that it only fixes the current meta until something else takes its place then it happens all over again. MWO is not even a FPS but that is what everyone says that it is but honestly the only 2 things that make it a FPS is the first person view which is about to go away in a few months and that guns are involved. Every modern FPS uses a cone of fire mechanic or an adjustable CoF except MWO. The sad part is that it seems that PGI does not understand that MWO is very boring to play and they show no foresight for when Clan tech is released (it will be released just a matter of time) how OP that it will be based on how they are handling the current issues. What really sucks is that I love Battletech and MechWarrior and this is the last game that they will make since the game is getting dated but people are crying for a MechAssault game, Call of Duty style game and it seems that they are the majority so PGI who want to get paid, cater towards them adding in 3rd person, ignoring issues, and eliminating convergence by making it instantly follow the crosshairs. I will most likely keep on playing because this is it for a game that I love but I can say that I will not be purchasing any packages (Phoenix Package) not buying anymore Hero/Champion mechs or pretty much putting any money towards MWO (other than the Sarah mech) because to me the fun is gone and it has become a waste of money. The sad part is that I was excited at first and have been waiting for the Clans to come out and I was planning on joining up with Clan Wolf; but after waiting over a year and a half to join the Wolf faction (I do not even care about the tech yet) when the Innersphere factions have all been available has been a big let down. On top of all this I get to see people like the OP posting on the forums saying how stupid that we all are for wanting a change to a broken part of the game. So here it is I give up I do not care anymore because nothing I say or do will matter........

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users