#21 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:53 AM

View Postsj mausgmr, on 06 August 2013 - 03:37 AM, said:

Just so you guys know, they ditched the 1 to 1 timeline awhile back. It's in a couple of interviews etc, but I don't have them to hand atm.

I heard about that, that's probably the best thing they could have done.

#22 Ridersofdoom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 04:57 AM

first pgi have to survive this year (2013).

#23 Televisor

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 02:16 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 06 August 2013 - 02:00 AM, said:

Perfect date. Tukayyid is done by then and the real fun can start.

Does that mean the "real fun" would involve sitting around in garrisons until an in-game event triggers the breaking of the truce? Cause that's what happened after Tukayyid. Then again, if the release if the Clans triggers an influx of new players, it would probably be a good idea for them to have some time to get acquainted with the game and sharpen their skills before the invasion begins, otherwise it'll be veteran vs noob battles that make Twycross look like a party.

I don't understand how this game can be released without the clans, but then again I don't understand how they're selling DLC when the game is unfinished and some central mechanics could be changed completely by the official launch.

As for me, I've played in a few PvP matches with trial mechs and watched the instructional vids, but I don't see the point in investing in a character when I know I'm going to drop everything and join Jade Falcon as soon as it becomes possible. I don't want to play as some Inner Sphere mech pilot fighting for a faction that sounds like a phone company. I want to play as a canister-born lunatic who pilots a Timber Wolf.

#24 Tyrnea Smurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 03:27 AM

My moneys still on the clans introducing in 2015. as we sit right now in the twilight of August of 2013, we are 6 weeks away from the scheduled launch of the game from a beta game, to a release state game.

Community Warfare which was touted early on as one of the main pillars to sell the game to the Founders last year is still no where near release, and what little the devs will say about it at this point, indicate that it will roll out in phases over an extended time frame. Phase 1 is unlikely to be out until after the aforementioned mid Sept release date.

UI2.0 which is billed as the main cornerstone from which Community Warfare, public lobbies, dynamic political maps, metagaming, grouping, and rounding out several features both large and small including a basic tutorial system. It still has not even gone into the public testing phase, and it also is now being hedged as to be introduced after launch.

We will be lucky if both these items are in the game functioning by new years at PGI's glacial development pace.

I'm beginning to suspect that Community Warfare, or at least elements of it will be part of next years product package, and even if its not, I still don't see Community Warfare in the game before the Phoenix Mechs are delivered (mid October) and once its in, I figure at least 6 to 12 months of House vs House warfare (a full year would be better) before they tip the apple cart to add the Clans.

So I don't expect Community Warfare until January 2014 at the earliest with a year of fighting and testing that system before the Clans make an appearance in 2015.

#25 Cyberassassin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 103 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, Planet [Unknown]

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:26 AM

There is no word on the acutal implementation, only some conjecture among players.
I would like to be pleasantly surprised by a teaser clan mech released this year.
It would grease the skids for purchasing a Clan pack or MC-only clan mechs.

It should be noted that they are loading up the Innersphere mech options in the armory.
There will be many IS options by end-of-year. Perfect time to introduce Clans? ^_^

#26 Blackfoot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 140 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:21 AM

PGI knows everyone wants their shiny new clan mechs.

They will make a super expensive clan mech package (after all, that clan tech costs more money!) and milk that cash cow for every penny they can. No matter how broken or sucky or buggy it is, they will release it and people will pay lots of moneys for it.

They've made it obvious since day one that fixing actual gameplay is secondary to coming out with stuff people will want to spend money on.

And before some genius says it, yes.....I know they are a company and they have to make money.

But they also need to get their s**t straight and make my game sometime before I die too.

#27 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:33 AM

they can take all the time they want with the clans I'm in no hurry to see them

#28 Marthe Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:47 AM

What's a clan?

#29 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 02 September 2013 - 04:30 AM

A clan is a group of people united by actual or perceived kinship and descent. Even if lineage details are unknown, clan members may be organized around a founding member or apical ancestor. The kinship-based bonds may be symbolical, whereby the clan shares a "stipulated" common ancestor that is a symbol of the clan's unity. When this "ancestor" is non-human, it is referred to as a totem, which is frequently an animal. Clans can be most easily described astribes or sub-groups of tribes. The word clan is derived from 'clann' meaning 'family' in the Irish and Scottish Gaelic languages. The word was taken intoEnglish about 1425 as a label for the tribal nature of Irish and Scottish Gaelic society.[1] Clans in indigenous societies are likely to be exogamous, meaning that their members cannot marry one another. Clans preceded more centralized forms of community organization and government; they are located in every country. Members may identify with a coat of arms or other symbol to show they are an independent clan.

Edited by CyclonerM, 02 September 2013 - 04:30 AM.

#30 SolCrusher

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 609 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:35 AM

I wouldn't toss any dates around. We have launch in just a few days. Well, I expect to see UI 2.0 for launch and a bunch of other stuff. If it's not there then you'll know when Clan stuff is coming.

Once they figure out how to implement the Agile Project Management and find a good way to control their programmers and get them to use some common sense when they build things. They might actually be able to fix things instead of "hey we fixed this but it broke that" Obviously someone isn't at the helm with a plan. Coding is a pain in the arse, but ya gotta do it right or you get what you put in.

Brown stuff in Brown stuff out....

#31 Marthe Pryde

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 79 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:03 AM

Dude.. you can't just say "Let's do Agile" and problems will magically disappear.

#32 Lucian Nostra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:37 AM

I'm starting to think the clans we be released never.

PGI has shown about zero ability to get this game going beyond adding maps and mechs. Community warfare and UI 2.0 are both before they work on the clans and both of those features are massive and super late hitting the game as is (Community warfare being delayed over a year already) with no actual sign of either actually coming anytime soon other than PGI's continued it's right around the corner!

I just don't see UI 2.0 coming for a while longer, even longer to finally get in Community warfare, and when that comes out you KNOW it's going to be an utter mess, which will most likely delay the clans till MWO dies off. Why do I say dies off? because even a massive fan of BTech such as me (been playing reading and following Btech since 92) gets bored of MWOs team deathmatch nonsense and angry with PGI's constant BS

Edited by Lucian Nostra, 02 September 2013 - 07:37 AM.

#33 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:07 AM

View PostLucian Nostra, on 02 September 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

I

I just don't see UI 2.0 coming for a while longer, even longer to finally get in Community warfare,

Neg, as far as i understood, UI 2.0 is necessary for CW phase 1. So if UI 2.0 is delayed CW ph.1 is delayed too..

View PostLucian Nostra, on 02 September 2013 - 07:37 AM, said:

because even a massive fan of BTech such as me (been playing reading and following Btech since 92) gets bored of MWOs team deathmatch nonsense and angry with PGI's constant BS

Seyla.

#34 Rushin Roulette

• WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:20 PM

Sorry to break this to you... but the clan had problems with their Navigation system (old software version). They got lost and ended up in the Warhammer universe by mistake andwere taken out by one lone Marine.

#35 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 03 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

Never at this point.

#36 Stormwolf

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 03 September 2013 - 02:16 PM

View PostRushin Roulette, on 03 September 2013 - 01:20 PM, said:

Sorry to break this to you... but the clan had problems with their Navigation system (old software version). They got lost and ended up in the Warhammer universe by mistake andwere taken out by one lone Marine.

We weren't taken out, we went out for drinks with that guy.

#37 Hawkeye 72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArcadia

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostNARCoMAN, on 17 July 2013 - 02:40 PM, said:

SOON TM

I feel confident in my assessment that SOONTM is a broken game element.

Yes, PGI even managed to break a word in the English language

#38 Rushin Roulette

• 3,514 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:09 PM

View PostHawkeye 72, on 03 September 2013 - 07:37 PM, said:

I feel confident in my assessment that SOONTM is a broken game element "feature".

Yes, PGI even managed to break "enhance" a word in the English language

Corrected that for you <_<

#39 Henric Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 109 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationYork II

Posted 03 September 2013 - 10:55 PM

I dont think Clans are going to be any time soon in coming. They still have much to do to just get the game out of beta. Moreover, PGI has one big gun to their heads, that they themselves loaded. I am speaking of the 3PV issue, naturally.

Honestly, unless they address the 3pv issue with their player base, they are going to lose them en masse; ergo, they will lose their player base, thereby cutting their own throats financially. I know of many pilots, whom I have known throughout the various Mechwarrior incarnations, who have already angrily demanded refunds over this very issue.
Dont forget people, you can make yourself heard by PGI through their pursestrings. Just stop giving them money until they listen to the vast majority of their players, who did NOT want 3PV put into the game in any form. And this, despite their feeble promises of separate 1PV battles.
As for myself, a member of the Keshik of Clan Blood Spirit, a player of the Battletech boardgame since it came out and of all the various Mechwarrior games for the computer since, I have decided to not give them any more of my money until I see them implement their promises of 1PV, and am convinced that PGI just wants the money but none of the responsibility of making this game GREAT. I fear that yet another promising start in a replacement for MW4 and a viable successor to it, will prove to be as elusive as ever.

#40 James Pryde IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:24 PM

I eagerly await the time for our invasion

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users