#61 Rift Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 532 posts
  • LocationThe moon

Posted 19 September 2013 - 12:53 AM

View PostMr Blonde, on 18 September 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

I checked out a forum the other day for Smoke Jaguar recruiting. Sounds like a great time, and they do well. One thing bothered me though...they were actually bragging about their ability to focus fire and win. I understand the realities of playing in the game right now, but to brag about dezgra tactics? The SJ Alpha Galaxy? That seems odd to me. If they don't do something then Clans will do what 3PV could not. Any decent player avoids 3PV like the plague that it is. Those same players will flock to Clan tech. This could be problematic if not done well.

Your completely right. Not to mention that in the current state of the game and honestly as it has always been, certain mechs dominate the field. Most matches right now consist of cataphracts and Jagers because of the extreme boating of AC2/5 and UACs. Given, its what the mech is supposed to be, so really I can't complain about someone using them. Its the fact that most mechs in this game don't stand out as well as they should. I understand you can't balance everything the way everyone wants it but my main point here, is that when/if Clans are released, Innersphere mechs are going to become almost obsolete. Everyone plays the mech that has the best chance of getting them a win and some kills. Without serious work, thats going to be the Clans. Not the inner sphere.

Edited by Imperial X, 19 September 2013 - 12:54 AM.

#62 Cola

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • LocationSheridan

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:41 AM

My guess is in about a year after the game goes through a Relaunch event because they screwed up the first one so bad.

#63 Devil Fox

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 19 September 2013 - 04:21 PM

I checked out a forum the other day for Smoke Jaguar recruiting. Sounds like a great time, and they do well. One thing bothered me though...they were actually bragging about their ability to focus fire and win. I understand the realities of playing in the game right now, but to brag about dezgra tactics? The SJ Alpha Galaxy? That seems odd to me. If they don't do something then Clans will do what 3PV could not. Any decent player avoids 3PV like the plague that it is. Those same players will flock to Clan tech. This could be problematic if not done well.

The problem isn't that we have to play the game as it is right now, it's that everyone has their different wants and dreams from playing as a Clan mechwarrior. Some love the lore, and stories and so want to roleplay into it. Some remember growing up with these iconic mechs and technology and so want to return to playing with it, like in past titles and continue to play. Others like myself just found a great bunch of highly skilled players that I can happily play with, if they are clan, then I adopt, learn of the clans in more depth, but continue and strive to improve my skills in this game as we have it.

I think the biggest problem facing the clans is A) no concept of how they will be implementing the Clan technology of weaponry and battlemechs (both balance wise and how to obtain). And ;) whether they would be able to insert a reward system or program a series of rules to abide by, for clan rules of engagement to encourage the role playing or at the minimum the authenticity of clan combat.

Once we have details, then you might see a shift in how clan unit's advertise, but at the moment people still look for co-ordinated unit's, that can work effectively on the field and typically sadly in this game it tends to be melt the first thing that rears it's head (and I've seen many a mech melt :( .

#64 Gaan Cathal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:38 PM

I feel the need to point out two three things here:

a: The Clans were under no compunction to observe Zelbrigen against dishonourable Inner Sphere mechwarriors, since they themselves did not observe it (honourable mention for the Kuritas not withstanding).
b: Individual Clan units weren't unknown to discard Zelbrigen in the name of the greater glory of their parent Clan
c: Some Clans played fast and loose with Zelbrigen even before the invasion, Clans Wolf, Snow Raven, Diamond Shark and Ice Hellion come to mind.

View PostApostal, on 19 September 2013 - 04:21 PM, said:

The problem isn't that we have to play the game as it is right now, it's that everyone has their different wants and dreams from playing as a Clan mechwarrior. Some love the lore, and stories and so want to roleplay into it. Some remember growing up with these iconic mechs and technology and so want to return to playing with it, like in past titles and continue to play. Others like myself just found a great bunch of highly skilled players that I can happily play with, if they are clan, then I adopt, learn of the clans in more depth, but continue and strive to improve my skills in this game as we have it.

And some of us came to the IP with Mechwarrior 2 (not that this is exclusive of what you listed). My earliest experiences of Mechwarrior are rooted in pulse-lasering fools in the name of Clan Jade Falcon and there's a degree to which your first experience with a thing colours your lasting relationship with it. Thus, much as you get some old-timer TT players grousing about how anything post-3015 is a festering ***** fit only for evil toddlers, you get people like me who shrug at Atlai and Warhammers, but for whom the word "mechwarrior" conjures the image (for me) of the Vulture/Mad Dog.

Edited by Gaan Cathal, 19 September 2013 - 11:38 PM.

#65 Devil Fox

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationThe Fox Den

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:55 PM

View PostGaan Cathal, on 19 September 2013 - 11:38 PM, said:

And some of us came to the IP with Mechwarrior 2 (not that this is exclusive of what you listed). My earliest experiences of Mechwarrior are rooted in pulse-lasering fools in the name of Clan Jade Falcon and there's a degree to which your first experience with a thing colours your lasting relationship with it. Thus, much as you get some old-timer TT players grousing about how anything post-3015 is a festering ***** fit only for evil toddlers, you get people like me who shrug at Atlai and Warhammers, but for whom the word "mechwarrior" conjures the image (for me) of the Vulture/Mad Dog.

My point exactly... myself I played the earliest editions of MW1 and the Crescent Hawks Revenge, then played the initial MW2 titles. All of it was just a game, I didn't take the story and lore into much consideration, but I was old enough to remember MW2:Mercs and where the real love of the game developed even allowing me to return to past games to complete and understand what I needed to know.

Everyone has their different memories and perspectives of what the clans are, and thus the clan community I think will actually be a very strong and individual group much like we already have in the community. Interesting times are coming, and with them the Clans will enforce their a new Star League!

#66 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 20 September 2013 - 11:30 AM

Agreed,there are many kinds of MechWarrior fans:
-Old tabletop players, Most of them prefer Inner Sphere and hate the Clans,part of them prefers 3025 tech
-MechWarrior 1,3 and or 4 players,they like the 'mechs but usually as far as i can see are generally not very well versed in lore;
-Who played MW2, like me: they are further divided IMO in two other categories, who loved the Clan lore and who loved their 'mechs which became their mental image of MechWarrior. I am part of both these categories.
But most important,we are not casual players who do not mind about the lore at all and need a 3PV to understand how to move a 'mech... When many people were able to play MW2 at an average 9 years age ..

#67 Nehkrosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 772 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 12:41 PM

ATD 47 sez 2014 Q1/ Q2

#68 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

View PostNehkrosis, on 23 September 2013 - 12:41 PM, said:

ATD 47 sez 2014 Q1/ Q2

Well,actually that is a "promise" .. that means Q3/Q4 :P

#69 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 23 September 2013 - 03:08 PM

View PostCyclonerM, on 23 September 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

Well,actually that is a "promise" .. that means Q3/Q4 :P

of 2015.

#70 Aym

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,041 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles

Posted 23 September 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostPinselborste, on 16 July 2013 - 04:47 PM, said:

since PGI has Problems balancing the weapons we have now for a real time game and still insist on using TT stats, the clans will kill the game in 1 or 2 weeks.

515 posts and the RECRUIT tag is still on. Why don't you post on your real account?

#71 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 24 September 2013 - 02:00 PM

View PostAym, on 23 September 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

515 posts and the RECRUIT tag is still on. Why don't you post on your real account?

I have a friend who is (or was) very active in the fan fiction and art sections but can't play the game due to insufficient specs. He is still considered a recruit. He had over 2000 posts but now can't participate. The recruit system is stupid and was a terrible decision right before launch.

#72 Gremlich Johns

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 29 September 2013 - 07:08 AM

Not dezgra when honor is ignored at the beginning of a match or when you know, up front, that honorable combat code will be forgotten. Fight "fair" or die quickly, those were the options for the enemy once the Clans figured out the IS pilots did not follow the same code.

And the point of it being a game is apt, considering that MW:O will likely never be the vehicle MW players have been waiting for for so long. I submit August 2014 will be the time reset for 3049. I would even go for same time in 2015.

MW:LL will be the only way for true MW fans to play the way the game should be played - EVEN with its flaws.

#73 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 08:09 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 29 September 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

MW:LL will be the only way for true MW fans to play the way the game should be played - EVEN with its flaws.

Aff. The MWLL devs at least showed great passion to make a game like that with their limited resources.

#74 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 04 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 29 September 2013 - 07:08 AM, said:

Not dezgra when honor is ignored at the beginning of a match or when you know, up front, that honorable combat code will be forgotten. Fight "fair" or die quickly, those were the options for the enemy once the Clans figured out the IS pilots did not follow the same code.

And the point of it being a game is apt, considering that MW:O will likely never be the vehicle MW players have been waiting for for so long. I submit August 2014 will be the time reset for 3049. I would even go for same time in 2015.

Honor hasn't been ignored... yet. Since technically there are no clans officially in the game. Now because the Jaguars and the Law have shared a few battles, and we both fought with valor, I can say we will be fighting the Jags with all the fury they will bring to the fight. I personally will fight by Clan honor rules so long as the Clan members will.

#75 Ismir Schnuppe

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:10 PM

at this point i dont belive that there ever will come clan mechs inside the game.
and i think first CW means clanware, but it is community warfare...
that should now came someday in 2014 to the game, wen the game there still excist.

im a great fan of the books and love to see some clanwars here and wen i read all the stuff about clans yes/no...i loose the fun to play a bit.

#76 Waylandx

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 273 posts
  • LocationAt the computer!

Posted 16 December 2013 - 07:39 PM

Woo!! So we know that clans are comeing in June, what do we think of that?

Also the Summoner .... that is all

#77 FoxTrot05

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 11:25 AM

I'm happy it's going to happen, but without community warfare, what is the point? MW:O feels like a model collecting hobby. Play with mech, grind some money, get new mech, repeat. We need a world to conquor not just 12 v 12 maps. That said, my Highlander is hungry for clan weapons. However, I'm hungry for battles that have lasting outcomes, territory to hold, and things other than mechs to shoot.

#78 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 12:44 PM

View PostFoxTrot05, on 07 January 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

my Highlander is hungry for clan weapons.

I have nothing against you or your 'Mech, but I seriously hope your Higlander's hunger will not be satisfied by a stupid mixtech mechanic :)

#79 Strayed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 04:33 PM

View PostFoxTrot05, on 07 January 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

That said, my Highlander is hungry for clan weapons.

When you actually see the state of the Clan weapons under current meta and what they are planning on doing to them.... you're Highlander will be running back to IS weapons faster than you can say C ER PPC. Even with full proper Clan Tech, Clans are still going to be vastly inferiour to IS tech the way things currently stand. Anyone who disagrees is pretty much so blinded by table top values they can't see the meta in front of them.

Edited by Strayed, 07 January 2014 - 04:34 PM.

#80 FoxTrot05

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 49 posts

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:55 PM

No, Clan tech will not be equal to table top, but there has to be a reason to have it. Mainly I'm looking for a drop in tonnage of my current loadout, if not 15Dmg CER-PPC's and actual Ultra AC20's. If not, then I'll keep my nerfed IS hot PPC's and slow AC20.

I doubt clan tech will be un-usable, but may take more skill to get the full potential. That sounds about right, because the game doesn't support zelbringen. OP clan tech is out the window considering the developers are still adjusting AC/10's and AC/20's to not be OP. LoL, I await PPC capacitors and Ultra AC 10/20's.

I'm not holding my breath with Clan tech, because of where I expected this game to be after becoming a founder so long ago. I can only hope for the best, and buy it after it is made, instead of pre-ording some {Scrap} and then hoping the best.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users