Do You Like The New Boating Restriction System?

545 replies to this topic

Poll: Do You Like The New System (711 member(s) have cast votes)

Do You Like The New System

1. Yes (370 votes [52.04%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 52.04%

2. Voted No (341 votes [47.96%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 47.96%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 Jiffy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 116 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:18 AM

I like that I'm seeing fewer AC40 Jagers, but I don't particularly like the route they took to get there. I'm more a proponent of hardpoint restrictions than heat penalties. The heat penalties punish mechs like the Awesome which are otherwise weak in every way compared to other mechs in their class.

#182 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:27 AM

View Postjakucha, on 17 July 2013 - 09:05 AM, said:

Pretty much every new system suggestion is "arbitrary". Please stop using that word.

How about no. I want to see reasoning behind the numbers for the new system. If there is no reasoning then its arbitrary and thus stupid.

#183 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:38 AM

View PostNicholas Carlyle, on 16 July 2013 - 03:19 PM, said:

Could one of you yes voters take a moment to explain how you feel it's helping the game?

Sure, PUG player here with an occasional 2-3 more...yesterday only had a chance to play about 4 games (PUG only), and lots less 3+ PPC. Saw many other builds that I didn't before. Perhaps there are still players that do the 4 PPC's, I didn't notice. I'm ok with dual gauss, they are so fragile. Not sure how they are switching to 3PPC+Gauss because that would still incur a heat penalty. Think next patch when all PPC's are regarded as one category for heat scale it will help even more.

I do think it is confusing for new players and not sure how they are gonna teach new players about it.

Bottom line for me though, is that there are less PPC's. As a DPS player rather than alpha-strike I feel more on equal footing. Granted looking at it from a PUG perspective.

#184 Rippthrough

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 1,201 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:43 AM

View PostCoolant, on 17 July 2013 - 09:38 AM, said:

Sure, PUG player here with an occasional 2-3 more...yesterday only had a chance to play about 4 games (PUG only), and lots less 3+ PPC. Saw many other builds that I didn't before. Perhaps there are still players that do the 4 PPC's, I didn't notice. I'm ok with dual gauss, they are so fragile. Not sure how they are switching to 3PPC+Gauss because that would still incur a heat penalty. Think next patch when all PPC's are regarded as one category for heat scale it will help even more.

I do think it is confusing for new players and not sure how they are gonna teach new players about it.

Bottom line for me though, is that there are less PPC's. As a DPS player rather than alpha-strike I feel more on equal footing. Granted looking at it from a PUG perspective.

I'm playing, Comstar NA TS server, come run a few.
Lets see how affected you think my 3PPC alpha build is. You'll see why I hate this moronic cap.

#185 3rdworld

• 3,562 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:11 AM

This is training grounds, but it pretty well mimics what I saw last night. You can see at the end shooting 4 out of sync takes me to around 45%. And an Alpha takes me to nearly 90%. Certainly not just adding 14 heat to the equation. Also you get to see how Chain firing 2 then 2 doesn't work.

Edited by 3rdworld, 17 July 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#186 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

View PostNoxcuse, on 17 July 2013 - 07:01 AM, said:

******** system..no more ppc boats more lrm and srm boats...same problem as before..igp dont play the game??? srm boats killing assault with 3-4 shoots
and the victor has an problem with the torso damage...u get 2 ac20 shoots in the torso...and lost more than 40 points...is an 50/50% chance for this problem/exploit....

this patch was more tahn useless....

it hits SRM boats too anything more than 3x SRM6 start getting hit. if we ever get SRM functioning properly and actually hitting things, i think an increase to the boating penalties might be good.

View PostMaddMaxx, on 17 July 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

There you go getting your panties in a bunch for nothing. If it does not "affect" you at all, then why do you even give a ****? Because your as much a QQ Queen as anyone else is a WhiteKnight.

knights are designed to defeat queens in the game of chess.

#187 Monky

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,219 posts
  • LocationHypothetical Warrior

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:17 AM

I feel it is incredibly unfriendly to new players, and doesn't provide any obstacle that can't be overcome for veterans.

#188 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:19 AM

View Posthammerreborn, on 17 July 2013 - 07:22 AM, said:

Because that only effects people who can use one or two, due to tonnage limits. Like the spider. Who do you think a straight up heat nerf will effect more, the stalker who will go...hmm...NOPE, not going to fire this 40 point alpha because it's slightly hotter but still laughable because I have a heat cap of a million, or the spider who already runs hot with one and a medium laser.

what on the list can you feasibly boat with a spider? i don't see how any of these effects stand a remote chance of effecting any light mech.

#189 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:25 AM

View Postblinkin, on 17 July 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

what on the list can you feasibly boat with a spider? i don't see how any of these effects stand a remote chance of effecting any light mech.

??

I was responding to someone who said drop the heat scale and just massively increase PPC heat. Which lead to my post on how nerfing the weapon effects the people who use 1 far more than those who use many, while the heat scale does the converse.

Edited by hammerreborn, 17 July 2013 - 11:25 AM.

#190 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:27 AM

View Posthammerreborn, on 17 July 2013 - 11:25 AM, said:

??

I was responding to someone who said drop the heat scale and just massively increase PPC heat. Which lead to my post on how nerfing the weapon effects the people who use 1 far more than those who use many, while the heat scale does the converse.

ah nvm then

i have seen a few claims that these boating limits effect light mechs before and thought that was another. i am skipping around and catching up with the nights gossip since i woke up. i guess i missed something.

#191 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

View Postblinkin, on 17 July 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

ah nvm then

i have seen a few claims that these boating limits effect light mechs before and thought that was another. i am skipping around and catching up with the nights gossip since i woke up. i guess i missed something.

Lol it technically does. My 3 PPC Jenner got the nerfbat!! /cry

But I'm not about to complain about that at all.

#192 Lugh

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 3,910 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:31 AM

View Posthammerreborn, on 17 July 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

Makes me wish I was a light pilot so I could have chewed you up good...

#193 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:33 AM

View Posthammerreborn, on 17 July 2013 - 11:29 AM, said:

3x PPC jenner !? does it even have an engine? i have a jenner with a single ERPPC and i could imagine shuffling things around for another, but 3x PPC is 21 tons out of a 35 tons left. that gives you around 11 tons for everything else AFTER the frame has been accounted for.

#194 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostLugh, on 17 July 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

Lol nothing gets more of a laugh out of me is trodding over towards an Awesome with his 3 PPcs and duking it out. Then getting "...did that Jenner have 3 ERPPCs?" from the enemy team.

#195 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

View PostLugh, on 17 July 2013 - 11:31 AM, said:

actually if you know how to aim the ERPPC properly it can be a very deadly weapon in light mech combat. i love it because of the concentrated 10 point hit. the ECM effect is fun sometimes too.

#196 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

View Postblinkin, on 17 July 2013 - 11:33 AM, said:

3x PPC jenner !? does it even have an engine? i have a jenner with a single ERPPC and i could imagine shuffling things around for another, but 3x PPC is 21 tons out of a 35 tons left. that gives you around 11 tons for everything else AFTER the frame has been accounted for.

It's possible. 225 XL engine, one external heat sink, and 2 JJs. ZERO armor.

JR7-D

It still goes 115 KPH too :D

Edited by hammerreborn, 17 July 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#197 blinkin

• 3,195 posts
  • LocationEquestria

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:39 AM

View Posthammerreborn, on 17 July 2013 - 11:37 AM, said:

It's possible. 225 XL engine, one external heat sink, and 2 JJs. ZERO armor.

JR7-D

It still goes 115 KPH too :D

that is a much more respectable speed than i would have predicted. do people yell at you for abusing the "meta"? lol

#198 hammerreborn

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,063 posts
  • LocationAlexandria, VA

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:41 AM

View Postblinkin, on 17 July 2013 - 11:39 AM, said:

that is a much more respectable speed than i would have predicted. do people yell at you for abusing the "meta"? lol

I know right. I'm a speedy little poptart of death.

My theory was, I already die in single salvos of PPC/Guass or ac40 fire...why have armor? That could be more guns! Lol.

And no, I haven't gotten any calls for abuse, just bewilderment that you can fit 3 ERPPCs in a Jenner.

Edited by hammerreborn, 17 July 2013 - 11:41 AM.

#199 Dracol

• The Steadfast
  • The Steadfast
  • 2,539 posts
  • LocationSW Florida

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:52 AM

Been a positive change.

Those who have switched from 3ppc Gauss to 2 ppc + erppc and Gauss now require a little additional time to cool off between shots. Time that can be used to reposition and advance.

Same with the 2ppc 2erppc stalkers. More heat, more cool time, more time to reposition.

Once the combined overheat pens hit, those people will require even more time to cool off.

All benifits to brawling IMHO.

#200 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

View PostLTGear, on 16 July 2013 - 08:16 PM, said:

i fired two ac 20 shots and i got overheated right then?? what on earth is happening to this game??????????????????????? firing a hundred rounds 75 cal in real life doesn't make you overheat here just u fire two shots and u will find yourself immobilize? only the noobies would agree to vote "yes".

Yeah, just don't bother with 2AC20. Use an AC20 and 2 PPC's, or any other random combination of stuff.

But... really, an AC20 is not even remotely comparable to a .75. It's basically launching volkswagons.

49 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 49 guests, 0 anonymous users