Opinions On My Computer

41 replies to this topic

#41 GetinmyBellah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 278 posts
  • LocationWest Palm Beach, USA

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

One game that runs better under an AMD rig.. I am in awe. Truly, in awe (sarcasm overfloweth). Please, do rejoice!

I've been building AMD rigs since '96 and only recently built an Intel based rig, only to find myself wishing I had steered away from AMD all those years. Namely because of the fact besides gaming I spend a lot of time in 3D, and New Media applications, and beyond the benchmarks I still hold my opinion to be valid. So, you can achieve 30fps under 720 with an integrated GPU... and you're bragging about this? Not bad for an integrated GPU, no doubt about that, however that's no comparison to me running at 1080 with 120+ fps in MW:O. Oh but wait, next to come are the arguments that the eye can only perceive 32fps... right? Wrong. We all know everyone is different and some people have proven that they're able to distinguish upwards of, if not exceeding 60fps. However, it all comes down to this point as it does with any first person shooter. The higher the frame rates the smoother the gameplay regardless of what the human eye can "perceive", period.

To the obscure O/C remark (and isn't that the basis of running AMD in the first place, if not you've no idea what you're doing in the first place.. shhh I'm being sarcastic again), it's a good thing I personally utilize an Antec 920 liquid cooler with one in reserve.. that along with an ASUS Sabertooth mainboard I have no qualms about running my rig O/C 24/7, because if my mainboard fails they NDA me one while I replace the faulty board, then worry about shipping the faulty board back to them within 14 days. Quality over budget anyday of the week. Anyhow, no issues to date for more than a year after I completed this Intel rig, not to mention the fact I still have several AMD rigs running in my household. If you squawk at tessellation and the fact it actually utilizes your GPU more so as intended, well then that individual(s) knows not what they speak of.

/endrant

#42 Bloodshed Romance

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 726 posts
  • LocationFlorence, South Carolina

Posted 23 July 2013 - 08:55 PM

i have an 8350 with 7970 gpu.. i know power.. so yes i brag when a rig with no graphics card can play the same games that the bigger builds can... it just looks prettier when you spend more money....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users