Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:11 AM

I take one.

#442 TripleHex

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationOut of range of your weapons

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

The Urbie falls hands down (pardon the pun) before the Wyvern in terms of firepower, speed, and armor... the wyvern being another mech designed for urban-warfare. Ya'll want an Urbanmech, but you SHOULD be praying for the Wyvern!

#443 Xetherius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Periphery...

Posted 19 June 2012 - 09:21 PM

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but this is from ShortPainer and the one redesign of the Urbie he did. It looks bad***.

View Postshortpainter, on 18 April 2012 - 10:10 PM, said:

The goal of my project was to prove that any mech can look cool. It all started because some of my friends would not play with certain mechs in table top games because "they don't look cool". I wanted to show people that when I flipped through a TRO, I saw much more than what was on the page. My friend challenged me to re-design or update all the mechs in the 3025 TRO. Of course, mechs like the Vulcan and Quickdraw were the first ones I was told to tackle. So I did it, we had good times geeking out on mech semantics. The Phoenix Hawk and Crusader were re-designed before the phoenix project came out. Many people are bothered by the whole lawsuit situation with the unseen mechs. I tried my hand at re-designing the unseens but still keeping the overall shape of the original. I did make a locust that looked like a walking apache attack helicopter, I'm trying to find it. Some of these drawings go back eight years or so.

Urbanmech
Posted Image

Seriously? Who wouldn't want to pilot this?

Edited by Xetherius, 19 June 2012 - 09:21 PM.

#444 Zolaz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:03 AM

I love kicking the can ... put it in the game.

#445 Xetherius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 163 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Periphery...

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:53 PM

Also, I recently made a custom version of the Urbie, basically I removed the jump jets and all the armaments, then stuck a light Gauss and 4 ER small lasers on it. I can take on an Atlas 1 on 1 in this baby easy.

#446 BrokenDog

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 151 posts
  • LocationMiddlesex(UK)

Posted 21 June 2012 - 02:10 AM

Urbanmech for 30tonner slot!
We need this mech in the game.

#447 Deathwalker

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • LocationWausau,WI

Posted 21 June 2012 - 12:16 PM

Oh what the hell, give em the walking garbage can. I remember 4 urbies managing to take out and assualt mech on the first salvo. AC20 in close range is DEADLY!

#448 GHQCommander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

They should add a couple of UrbanMech to our bases as NPC. I don't think many players would use them for long if they were playable.

To see them as garrison would be cool.

#449 Terminal Blue

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 79 posts
  • LocationRomano Liao

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:31 AM

View PostGHQCommander, on 22 June 2012 - 05:17 AM, said:

They should add a couple of UrbanMech to our bases as NPC. I don't think many players would use them for long if they were playable.

To see them as garrison would be cool.

They must do both, I have concluded.

#450 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 22 June 2012 - 11:56 AM

I just noticed one more reason why the Urbanmech might just make it onto the list of mechs in MW:O.

Right at this moment we don't have a single light mech with a ballistic weapon bigger than an Machinegun.
It's true that this might be possible to rectify in the mechlab, but that's beside the point.

Take a look at what we have currently-

-The Raven has a Capellan variant called the RVN-4X with 2 Machineguns. But no others that are viable for the timeline.
-The Jenner doesn't have any variants with ballistic weaponry that i know of.
-The Commando has the 1C variant with an AC 2 replacing it's SRM's, but i don't know if it was introduced before 3049 or a little bit later.

We evidently need a light mech capable of mounting some bigger ballistic weapons in it's prime variant.
Only two mechs come to mind- The Urbanmech and the Jackrabbit. Are there any others?

Edited by Spleenslitta, 22 June 2012 - 11:56 AM.

#451 BlackAbbot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • LocationSecret UrbanMech Production Facility

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

Urbie is Love.

That is all.

#452 Maxxinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationDefiance Industries, Hesperus II

Posted 22 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

Chock up another vote

#453 Deathwalker

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • LocationWausau,WI

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

Come on Blue....Give us some kind of recognition here. We all know you working hard to get a game ot to use and we are more then willing to wait for stuff to be added (the urbie for instance) as long as we get a yes or no.

#454 SuomiWarder

• The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 1,661 posts
  • LocationSacramento area, California

Posted 22 June 2012 - 09:59 PM

Yes, yes a thousand times yes. Bring me an Urbie !

Why? I don't know. I have probably been drinking and it looks kinda like a beer keg on legs. There is no rational reason. It simply isn't full B Tech with Urbies. It's a gut level, emotional response type thing.

Maybe I have been influenced by my first unit having been Palerider's Urbanmech Brigade. (Although technically I may still be in the P.U.B. I don't think they officially let anyone out.)

#455 KROZBONZ

Rookie

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 2 posts
  • LocationNorthern Albreta Canada

Posted 23 June 2012 - 05:52 AM

Getting the MechWarrior Online founders pack --- $120

Finally getting the Razer Artemis Concept Controller --- $200

Giving in to buying the Kerensky edition founders pack to get your Timberwolf/Madcat mech --- $500

Watching and hearing someone cry on the forms about there mech getting owend by a petition Ubanmech --- Priceless!!!

when you just need that extra something it play to use Mechwarrior gold card,,, Now take my Dam C-Bills!!!!!

----[Discamer]---Not sure if this are real or about the real price or not. just thought it be good for laugh----[Discamer]---

#456 Paullus Valcerus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

if the Razer artemis is $200 I would never buy it.

#457 DigitalSuicide

• PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 08:21 AM

View Postbuck rogers, on 31 October 2011 - 04:25 PM, said:

Urbies are pretty common in universe. They're also ridiculously cheap. Garrisons and militias love them because they pack a punch and are very inexpensive.

If MW:O is true to the universe, you will love the Urbanmech too, because it will be one of the first mechs you can buy that can slug it out with mediums and maybe even beat a few of them.

"Hurrdurr I won't drive it cause it's silly looking and I'd look silly by proxy." Yeah, we play mech games to drive the coolest mechs cause that makes us feel cooler. Yep.
I'm a huge fan of the urbanmech. It was specifically designed to mount heavy weapons in a cheap well armored package.

Newbies gush about MadCats and Fafnirs. Old schoolers have a big soft spot for the trashcan mech.

Yeah, the Hunchback was designed for the same role. It's also 3,457,875 C-Bills. An Urbie is only 1,470,125 C-Bills. So you could buy two Urbies for the price of one Hunchback with money to spare. In MW:O you're a merc, so you're thinking with your pocket book.

---Buck.

I agree, even though I hate the look of it, it is pure Mechwarrior.

#458 Lightdragon

• 1,212 posts
  • Locationwisconsin

Posted 23 June 2012 - 09:56 AM

worthless useless mech... please make this one of the last mechs added as they are complete and utter garbage

#459 Red Lord

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:09 AM

ah yes because nothing strikes fear into your enemies than a walking trash can

#460 Akaryu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 150 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 11:16 AM

i deffinitly support this could really use a cheap versatile mech like the urbie

View PostLightdragon, on 23 June 2012 - 09:56 AM, said:

worthless useless mech... please make this one of the last mechs added as they are complete and utter garbage

youl be singing a different tune when you find out the kind of things this ugly little mech can carry

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users