740 replies to this topic

#701 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:47 AM

I applaud your efforts Stalkerr, I'm curious about the discussion.

#702 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:55 AM

Thanks! I likely won't be there tonight, because I have tons of real life obligations right now, but I have high hopes it won't devolve into a crazy hate-fest.

#703 Helbrecht

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 132 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 06:51 AM

this letter should not be sent to pgi cause they dont listen send it to thier bosses that would be IGP thier the only ones with the weight to actually force change on them.

#704 Dustmuffins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

View PostStalkerr, on 13 August 2013 - 04:44 AM, said:

• Ask the Devs, PGI stops listening, so now what?

I wonder if it's too late for a founder's pack refund...

Edited by Dustmuffins, 13 August 2013 - 07:22 AM.

#705 TheMagician

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 779 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

I thought things were improving. Then I saw the PPC/Gauss comments.

#706 Gwaihir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostDustmuffins, on 13 August 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

[/list]
I wonder if it's too late for a founder's pack refund...

I don't regret founder's pack money, because the game was legitimately fun for a while. It could still be again, but I'm sure as hell not paying for Phoenix based on the current direction. Balance is basically everything for me, and they're systematically doing the wrong things (Or not enough of the good things) in patch after patch.

#707 Viper69

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,204 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

View PostDustmuffins, on 13 August 2013 - 07:21 AM, said:

[/list]I wonder if it's too late for a founder's pack refund...

View PostGwaihir, on 13 August 2013 - 08:22 AM, said:

I don't regret founder's pack money, because the game was legitimately fun for a while. It could still be again, but I'm sure as hell not paying for Phoenix based on the current direction. Balance is basically everything for me, and they're systematically doing the wrong things (Or not enough of the good things) in patch after patch.

I too dont regret my founder pack backing. I had fun with the game up until recently so I would feel dishonest for asking a refund back for my founders money. Like I said earlier I am just glad I shut off the money when they told us they were going Open Beta anyway, even though literally everyone did not want to.

Double reply in a single post, damn database error.

Edited by Viper69, 13 August 2013 - 08:27 AM.

#708 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:30 AM

I really don't understand why there is a perception within PGI to lower or hinder sniper builds at 35 points of damage. I'd actually like to know the rational from PGI where or what the problem is right now with dual PPC / Gauss builds, other than just responding to a wider out cry because someone got blown up and moaned on the forums.

Solo and 4 man group experiences with 12 mans, has, alongside the positive steps to draw back on 45 - 60 point alpha sniper builds, (which I think almost everyone could agree was just too much) helped to disrupt the coordinated dominance of snipers. We're closer to a good balance between sniper builds, indirect and brawlers right now.

HSR / No Damage issues are going to make a full analysis difficult both from the developer and player perspectives. So evidently everything is going to change as fixes and netcode changes happen. But, I'd like to understand PGI's standpoint on the Guass / PPC change.

Why a de-sync? Why not lower the damage by 5 points and buff Gauss projectile speed (random idea to provide counter point)? Really this boils down to how PGI sees the nature of wider balance within the game, and how they see the over all sniper / brawler/ Indirect fire rock paper scissors balance. And I'd appreciate some open communication from the developers around this, as I just don't understand the wider design goals on PPC / Gauss de-sync.

#709 Gwaihir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

Yea, that, and it was the first mechwarrior game in 10 years. Damned right I'm going to spend money on it.

#710 xZaOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:41 AM

Do I regret my founders pack funding every other game but MWO? Yes. Is it the reason MWO is so far behind, because of lack of funding? Probably.

Will i buy the Phoenix pack. Well I wanted to, till PGI showed me the light.

#711 TOGSolid

• 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 13 August 2013 - 08:56 AM

Phoenix refund drive

So lemme get this straight, they ignored your incredibly badly written "letter" and now you're gonna have a townhall hissy fit and try to demand refunds on your Phoenix packages. Packages that were being sold at a time when the complaints you guys have were already issues going on.
Posted Image

#712 Dustmuffins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:02 AM

It was a joke. I've gotten my monies worth for my founder's pack as well and I'm happy with my purchase.

If PGI gets serious about balance(actual balance, not introducing overly complicated unnecessary mechanics), gameplay, and actually listening to the feedback from the beta testers, I'd be all too happy to empty my bank account in their general direction.

Reassigning some people who have been working on the balance to other duties such as "janitorial arts" couldn't hurt either. ;)

#713 fil5000

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 13 August 2013 - 09:29 AM

View PostTOGSolid, on 13 August 2013 - 08:56 AM, said:

So lemme get this straight, they ignored your incredibly badly written "letter" and now you're gonna have a townhall hissy fit and try to demand refunds on your Phoenix packages. Packages that were being sold at a time when the complaints you guys have were already issues going on.
Posted Image

There's no "demanding". People have been asking for refunds for Phoenix for a while now and IGP has been granting them. It's not a hissy fit, it's a means of showing IGP that you're unsatisfied with the direction the game is taking. If you're happy, cool, more power to you. Some people aren't, and showing that via requesting a refund and not purchasing any more MC is perfectly valid. It allows IGP to put a financial cost on the decision to ignore the town hall. If its not enough of an impact to cause them concern, they carry on as they are, we have our money back to spend on something else, it's a win win. If it is enough of an impact, they speak to PGI, changes happen, we buy back in, win win again. There's not a downside here.

#714 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 12 August 2013 - 02:19 PM, said:

LOLLOLLOL I told everyone so 2 years ago at the beginning of closed beta. A month after I was in closed BETA I knew MWO might never be the game I loved MechWarrior but I always held out hope PGI would allow private matches-Savable mech configs in mechlab-Leagues-and all the things past MechWarrior games had. Like many I will stay around till official launch IF!!! MWO is still WOT/MWO/COD/MWO I will have to abandon all hope of a golden days return of MechWarrior and move on. Posted Image

I would just like to point out that you posted an image painted by one of the people you are afraid are trying to grab power. The ironing is delicious.

#715 TOGSolid

• 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:14 PM

View Postfil5000, on 13 August 2013 - 09:29 AM, said:

There's no "demanding". People have been asking for refunds for Phoenix for a while now and IGP has been granting them. It's not a hissy fit, it's a means of showing IGP that you're unsatisfied with the direction the game is taking. If you're happy, cool, more power to you. Some people aren't, and showing that via requesting a refund and not purchasing any more MC is perfectly valid. It allows IGP to put a financial cost on the decision to ignore the town hall. If its not enough of an impact to cause them concern, they carry on as they are, we have our money back to spend on something else, it's a win win. If it is enough of an impact, they speak to PGI, changes happen, we buy back in, win win again. There's not a downside here.

Why did you buy them in the first place when things were just as crappy a month ago as they are now?

#716 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:28 PM

View PostTOGSolid, on 13 August 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

Why did you buy them in the first place when things were just as crappy a month ago as they are now?

Hope.

#717 fil5000

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationInternet County, USA

Posted 13 August 2013 - 12:37 PM

View PostTOGSolid, on 13 August 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

Person pre orders thing, person gets buyers remorse, person asks for refund. This isn't rocket science, guy. IGP have been very accommodating with regards to this, so not sure why you think it needs to be attacked.

#718 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

Not to get everyone's hopes up, but in the last few hours a plan has emerged. We'll talk about it tonight, but the gist is that it only requires that everyone that signed for #saveMWO get out there to play robots and have fun. If you like the idea of having fun playing robots again, this plan is for you.

If you hate fun, this plan is not for you.

Come join us at 9 PM EDT to find out more!

#719 keith

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,272 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:31 PM

View Postfil5000, on 13 August 2013 - 12:37 PM, said:

Person pre orders thing, person gets buyers remorse, person asks for refund. This isn't rocket science, guy. IGP have been very accommodating with regards to this, so not sure why you think it needs to be attacked.

in a way i do love IGP/PGI for bringing back my fav IP. i just wish things were done different. if they can make the game into a decent shape that i can enjoy it i will be happy. they do have to competent with the 100's of other games on the market for my time. time is one of those things that ppl have very few of now days, i can no longer put in the days were i have 1600 hours into tf2

#720 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:38 PM

View PostStalkerr, on 13 August 2013 - 02:17 PM, said:

Not to get everyone's hopes up, but in the last few hours a plan has emerged. We'll talk about it tonight, but the gist is that it only requires that everyone that signed for #saveMWO get out there to play robots and have fun. If you like the idea of having fun playing robots again, this plan is for you.

If you hate fun, this plan is not for you.

Come join us at 9 PM EDT to find out more!

If the plan is to "**** up the inner sphere" then no.

Griefing the players is not the answer.

Could be wrong, just memories of #BurnJita and what not :D

That being said...

I do not regret the Founders pack. I am angry that things never seemed to move at all towards the original concept I had paid into.

Did not ask for a refund, won't. Did not buy Pheonix Pack. Have made every effort I can think of to try and convince PGI that if they would just make the damn game they sold us last year, we would pay them stupid amounts of money. Spent like $300ish on this game including initial Legendary Pack.

I think it is incredibly sad that they are just willing to throw away their first customers. I won't make any assumptions as to why, really, and I don't want to insult them. Just... sad. This could have been so much more.

I hope someone at PGI someday just picks a random Founder and reads through their posts and watch how things slowly changed and went to crap.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users