I shall return the Highlanders

65 replies to this topic

#1 Petroff Northrup

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:58 AM

I swear this now, as one of the few Northwind Highlanders still loyal to our magnanimous Chancellor that I will not rest, I will not stop, I will not cease in the fight until I bring every last Northwind Highlander back to the service of our beneficent leader by striking forth to seize Northwind from the tyrannical Davions, and should even my fellow Highlanders stand before me, then I shall allow their deaths to serve the greater glory of our transcendental Chancellor and give them a fitting funeral for such great warriors on Northwind, once it is again Capellan soil. I swear this now to the Capellan citizens, the Capllan Confederation, and the Chancellor of all the Inner Sphere, let none doubt my will.

#2 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 29 December 2011 - 11:24 AM

Seems we already have priority n°1 target. I think Metro wanted some other planet to be attacked first, though. ;)

#3 THE 3rdbreed

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 65 posts

Posted 16 January 2012 - 06:09 AM

I emulate you fervor, but all in due time. There are definitely bigger Davions to fry.

#4 Chuckie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationHell if I don't change my ways

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

I have to disagree.. The Knights of Ni will never go back to serving the Capellan dictators.. it is you that we shall convince has been deceived and should be at our side against Liao and thier lies and deceit..

We are Scots not Asians.. ! Davion are our Terran brothers.. not the Capellan overlords..

Have your eyes been covered? Are you blind to the fact that they constantly lied to us to deceive and have us war against our brethren.

We were not conquered by our Davion brothers, during the 2nd Second Succession War the Federated Suns liberated us from the Capellan tyranny and deception..

#5 metalwolf2900

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  • Locationwrenchin on a damn knee acuator in the garage

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

i will always side with the knights of ni, the highlanders have lost there way, long live the knghts of ni!

#6 Lethal Joke

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationWith the Regiment

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:04 PM

View Postmetalwolf2900, on 06 February 2012 - 10:24 AM, said:

i will always side with the knights of ni, the highlanders have lost there way, long live the knghts of ni!

Don't be judgin' the main unit of the Northwind Highlanders based on those of a couple of fools who went native.
The Highlanders proper have allegiance to the c-bill and ourselves.
Alba gu bragh.

EDIT: And by ourselves, I mean the regiment and Northwind.

Edited by Lethal Joke, 06 February 2012 - 05:06 PM.

#7 Star Ranger

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:21 PM

Well highlander good luck we will see how you defend your wold when everyone comes nocking and wants to use you as a launch pad to tera

#8 Lethal Joke

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

View PostStar Ranger, on 06 February 2012 - 05:21 PM, said:

Well highlander good luck we will see how you defend your wold when everyone comes nocking and wants to use you as a launch pad to tera

Which, the Liaos or the actual deal?
Ye'll be havin' a harder time with the Regiment proper.

#9 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:44 PM

As a LOOOOONG time original Highlander I have to agree that we belong with House Liao. We were originally a House unit, not a merc unit. House Davion conquered Northwind and killed off the 3rd Kearny as well as Stuarts Highlanders who were left there to protect it. They grabbed the planet out of sheer greed so go sell the Davion liberation crap somewhere else, we are all stocked up here. ;)

We were Capellans for hundreds of years, this wet behind the ears generation can lap up the Davion drool all they want but we were part of the Confederation since its founding.

#10 Lethal Joke

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:50 PM

View Postmaxoconnor, on 06 February 2012 - 05:44 PM, said:

As a LOOOOONG time original Highlander I have to agree that we belong with House Liao. We were originally a House unit, not a merc unit. House Davion conquered Northwind and killed off the 3rd Kearny as well as Stuarts Highlanders who were left there to protect it. They grabbed the planet out of sheer greed so go sell the Davion liberation crap somewhere else, we are all stocked up here. ;)

We were Capellans for hundreds of years, this wet behind the ears generation can lap up the Davion drool all they want but we were part of the Confederation since its founding.

I never said word one about where the proper Highlanders will side. Just that we're mercenaries, and we'll act like it.

EDIT: Also, the Highlanders did sign on with Liao fairly exclusively in canon, but it was a mercenary contract.
http://www.sarna.net...ind_Highlanders

Edited by Lethal Joke, 06 February 2012 - 05:53 PM.

#11 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:25 PM

Please see the original story, not the revamped version that tires to pretend the Highlanders were never a House unit for House Liao.
http://2ndkearny.webs.com/ourstory.htm

Page 79 of the original House Liao book shows the Northwind Highlanders as part of the regular House forces.
Mercenary units begin on page 95.

The Highlanders are an elite House unit listed just under the Capellan Hussars.
Basically they were the 2nd best unit in all of House Liao, not mercs. ;)
The first Highlander unit was raised in 2369 from St. Ives militia and reserve volunteers.
Not from the planet Northwind.

Notes
  • The current publishers state, that in many of the earlier publications based in the 3025 era, the Highlanders had apparently been serving House Liao for so long they were no longer considered mercenary, but closer to regular House troops. CCAF Regular army recruits and academy graduates were frequently assigned to Highlander regiments, including a young Wayne Waco.[9][10] Actually, this is not correct, since several of the original Highlander regiments originated in the Capellan Confederation even before the Star League era. Marion's Highlanders originated from St. Ives Militia units, and McCormack's Fusiliers were bloodied in the defense of the Capellan planet Tikonov. The 1st Kearny Highlanders fought for House Liao during the First Andurien War. [11]
  • The Northwind Highlanders appear in the MechWarrior IV: Mercenaries computer game as a possible sponsor. Units sponsored by the Highlanders gain additional C-Bills per mission completed.

Edited by maxoconnor, 06 February 2012 - 06:30 PM.

#12 Lethal Joke

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:35 PM

View Postmaxoconnor, on 06 February 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

*cut for length*
The Highlanders are an elite House unit listed just under the Capellan Hussars.
Basically they were the 2nd best unit in all of House Liao, not mercs. ;)
The first Highlander unit was raised in 2369 from St. Ives militia and reserve volunteers.
Not from the planet Northwind.

A: I think this argument has taken over the page.
B: Origin not necessarily being equated with canon.
C: I myself don't particularly care what they were 'initially,' as I was introduced to them through the novels. Since you were introduced the way you were, you see things differently.
D: I think I'll go with agreeing to disagree - not that it hasn't been fun having a post-to-post argument, just that I do have other things to do do before the day is up.

#13 Petroff Northrup

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:25 PM

What have I done!?

i kinda like where this is going though, it is opening up the Highlanders a bit more to see inside and it would be cool if there was a Highlander civil war now kinda like canon, we got Liao loyal Highlanders who claim that we were originally a house unit and become sort of independent and then lost our homeplanet to Davion scum.

The Davion loyal Highlanders who place home before all and will defend our world under the banner of new masters, and do not forget that even in canon Davions are the best propaganda people out there, that was the backup reason for retcons usually, just behind Comstar being dicks again, and can use our semi-independence from under Liao rule as a way to help break any last ties except for those by blood.

Then we have the independents, the ones who hold strong to the fierce Scottish pride and independence who want to see a Northwind flying it's own flag and serving nobody for longer than they can pay.

#14 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:34 PM

View PostPetroff Northrup, on 06 February 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

What have I done!?

i kinda like where this is going though, it is opening up the Highlanders a bit more to see inside and it would be cool if there was a Highlander civil war now kinda like canon, we got Liao loyal Highlanders who claim that we were originally a house unit and become sort of independent and then lost our homeplanet to Davion scum.

The Davion loyal Highlanders who place home before all and will defend our world under the banner of new masters, and do not forget that even in canon Davions are the best propaganda people out there, that was the backup reason for retcons usually, just behind Comstar being dicks again, and can use our semi-independence from under Liao rule as a way to help break any last ties except for those by blood.

Then we have the independents, the ones who hold strong to the fierce Scottish pride and independence who want to see a Northwind flying it's own flag and serving nobody for longer than they can pay.

See what you went and did???? ;)
How very Capellan of you......... :P
Nice to see some fresh betraying going on.. Does my heart good to see some backstabbing like the old days. When I was a young Capellan, we would betray at least 4 people before breakfast, IF we got breakfast that is. Some days we just got shot to teach us our place and we liked it that way..... :D
And we didn't have no fancy mechs neither, we used Urbanmechs and we liked it.
God I miss the old days.............
Posted Image

#15 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 06 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

Enjoy this blast from the past. You can see how real Capellan's live.
http://home.comcast....onnor/index.htm

#16 Chuckie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:14 AM

View Postmaxoconnor, on 06 February 2012 - 06:25 PM, said:

Please see the original story, not the revamped version that tires to pretend the Highlanders were never a House unit for House Liao.
http://2ndkearny.webs.com/ourstory.htm

Never said they weren't..

Only that they have been tricked and decieved by the Chinese dictatorship..

Do the math... its 3049 and we are now siding with Davion a house with a monarchy A political system much more intune with a Scot !!

You want to relive the hundreds of years lived under Chinese oppression so be it..

But The Knights of Ni won't be joining you.. (That is unless Liao has a huge wad of C-Bills to pay us.. we are Mercs after all)

View Postmaxoconnor, on 06 February 2012 - 08:34 PM, said:

See what you went and did???? ;)
How very Capellan of you......... :P
Nice to see some fresh betraying going on.. Does my heart good to see some backstabbing like the old days. When I was a young Capellan, we would betray at least 4 people before breakfast, IF we got breakfast that is. Some days we just got shot to teach us our place and we liked it that way..... :D
And we didn't have no fancy mechs neither, we used Urbanmechs and we liked it.
God I miss the old days.............

That explains a lot.. no self effacing Scot would ever backstab a brother.. (and if your doing it before Breakfast.. one would assume your going around and back stabbing family and those close to you)

Case closed..

YOU PRETEND to be a Northwind Highlander.. but your as Scottish as I am Chinese.

View PostPetroff Northrup, on 06 February 2012 - 07:25 PM, said:

That probably states the Knights of Ni position in the debate.. (Note I do not fly FedCom colors) We are also loyal to the last drop of NWH blood to defend Northwind with whomever is willing to help against any willing to invade.

That said I don't trust Liao as far as I can throw them.

So in closing :

http://mwomercs.com/...512#entry109512

Edited by Chuckie, 07 February 2012 - 04:33 AM.

#17 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:19 AM

Actually the Davion's are French, go ask any Scot if they would want to side with the French. ;)
Liao's on the other hand is decended from Nepal, ie Ghurkha's you know, the regiments that are part of the modern day Highlander regiments? And if you don't think betraying is part of Scottish history, then you haven't read much about it. LOL

Capellan's come from every walk of life just as all of the other houses. It is only the ruling family that is decended from a particular ethnic group. Read the names of some of the pilots from the Northwind, you will find many who are not Scottish or Irish.

#18 Chuckie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:13 AM

View Postmaxoconnor, on 07 February 2012 - 05:19 AM, said:

Actually the Davion's are French, go ask any Scot if they would want to side with the French. ;)
Liao's on the other hand is decended from Nepal, ie Ghurkha's you know, the regiments that are part of the modern day Highlander regiments? And if you don't think betraying is part of Scottish history, then you haven't read much about it. LOL

Capellan's come from every walk of life just as all of the other houses. It is only the ruling family that is decended from a particular ethnic group. Read the names of some of the pilots from the Northwind, you will find many who are not Scottish or Irish.

Yea, yea, yea and Steiner is German.. Ask a Scot if he rather side with Europeans or a Mongolian horde.. (Nepal, Tibet, Mongolia, China.. all the same in regards to what people will think 1000 years from now). I think the Scots would side with the Europeans.

Just because over the hundreds of years Liao was in control they commandeered our name and heritage does not make them Northwind , because see you made my point for me.. Because you are right CAPELLANS come from every walk of life.. etc.. blah blah blah blah.. Yet TRUE Northwind Highlanders are Scottish..

IT COMES DOWN TO ONE SIMPLE FACT.. !! TRUE AND PURE NORTHWIND HIGHLANDERS TRACE THEIR FAMILIES TO SCOTLAND AND THE COLONIZATION OF NORTHWIND BY SCOTTISH CLAN (As opposed to the other kind of Clan) STUART.

End of story.

So if your not Scottish, hold no familiy ties to Scotland or the initial colonization of Northwind, your a highlander in your mind and name only and not worth the energy to charge my PPC and fire it into your cockpit.

If its not Scottish its cr@p

The Knights of Ni were established in 978 making our unit over 2000 years old and predates even the British empire itself. So to claim that some Asian conquerors from 300 years ago hold any bearing on our traditions and blood lines is insane.

We have ALWAYS been Scottish and never Capellan.

That all said.. the Knights of Ni will work for the faction with the most C-Bills.. but if Liao wants to hire us they better double it..

Edited by Chuckie, 07 February 2012 - 06:21 AM.

#19 Korbyn McColl

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 402 posts
  • LocationGlasgow

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:30 AM

My loyalty lies with Northwind and House Stuart. Wherever they lead, I follow. If that means I must one day face my clansmen in battle, so be it. Know that I will sing glorious songs of your death and all will remember your honor and bravery.

#20 Brian Banzai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 731 posts
  • LocationLebanon, TN

Posted 07 February 2012 - 06:50 AM

WOW, well now I know where all the cool aid went. ;)
Just out of curiosity, I thought I'd look up some good solid Scottish Highlanders from the Northwind Highlanders module, I came across these strong Scottish names proving the purity of the Highlander regiments just like you said Chuckie.

Jay Stein
Michal Digioa
Keri Rankin
Bianca Gonzalez
Martin Huynh
Lietenant Dewkovich
Elis Sharma
Klavin Amari
Javier Martinez
Nestina Ontiveros

Strange though, I haven't been able to track down the Martinez or Gonzalez tartans, perhaps you could help me out there Chuckie? :D

I find it warming indeed that it took an old school Capellan" Loren Jaffrey" to pull the Highlander's collective butts out of the fire on multiple occasions when their Davion task masters finally showed their true colors and tried to absorb the Highlander regiments into their military.
You try to tell some people but they just don't learn.......... ah well, you can't teach this younger generation much I suppose.

BTW, the Kearny regiments are IRISH not Scotish.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users