1196 replies to this topic

#1 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:20 PM

Discord Server Invite: https://discord.gg/ysMKZuR

Cameron's Highlanders united on July 4th, 2013 with twenty-three warriors. We are focused on winning as a merc corps in Faction Warfare, Solaris 7, and our nightly matches. Mature and optimistic, we value honorable conduct and character alongside skill. We choose familiarity, efficient comms and tactics as our path to winning.

Posted Image

We operate without rank as a circle of equals. Each person in this corp has skills and knowledge they bring to the table and are free to pursue and push the projects they think will benefit our clan. We aren't wrapped up in ego games and are definitely a "no-drama" kind of group. Within Faction Play, Solaris 7, and for nightly group drops we most certainly seek more skilled pilots who want to join our small family.

We aim for calm and efficient comms during drops and we have our own way of doing things which leads to many more victories than defeats. A warrior in this company can choose which direction best suits him regarding roles and we aren't hung up on running (or not running) "the meta."

If you're looking for humble beginnings with a good group of people, free of drama, who can shoot straight and have a good head on their shoulders, look us up (generally around 9pm EST).

Posted Image

HIGHLANDER HQ || https://discord.gg/3yyjhTT
COMSTAR PAGE || http://cameronshighlanders.enjin.com

Posted Image

Edited by Orbit Rain, 04 July 2020 - 07:50 PM.

#2 cRaZy8or5e

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:27 AM

Looking for humble beginnings? Looking for a competitive but relaxed group of older mature players? Come hang out with Cameron's Highlanders on the No Guts No Galaxy TS3 server with us. We have a great time playing this game, win, lose, or draw!

#3 Gammeth1975

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 20 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 08 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

Greetings hilghlanders.

Your corps sounds like just what I have been looking for.

I currently drop with a group of mature yet fun loving friends from Scotland and down under.
Since 12/12 we are finding that our 4 man drops are not quite cutting it anymore..

So just a couple of questions if you please...

What time zones are are most predominant within your corps?

And would you be open to accepting 6 seasoned mechwarriors to your ranks?

DC Gammeth

#4 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:09 PM

Greetings Gammeth.

Currently we drop mostly in the evening North American times. We have one Scottish trooper who's schedule is conducive to dropping with us during our prime time. We have a few guys with "swing" types of shifts that drop during the day our time, probably prime-time evenings for you guys. Not as many as *I* would like...bringing six along is an interesting prospect. Given our experience with our previous clan, I'd say "team-chemistry" is an A#1 component to keeping a group that works well together...Send me a PM so we can schedule a get-together if you like (and others) -to make this conversation more efficient, and we can take it from there.

Thanks for your interest!

#5 Ghostsuit

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 63 posts
  • LocationGlasgow, Scotland

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:43 PM

I'm the the loan residing Scottish guy in the unit and I'll say it's great fun. Though I tend to be on late at night GMT though also drop during the day.

#6 Marcus Hoop

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 116 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 03:12 PM

bump

#7 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 11 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

Posted Image

Big thanks to Blackstar Mercs and 1st Blackburn's Raiders for filling in... up to a lance... last night in our twelves....10-3 overall mixed lances. If you've been playing this game since MW2, and want to be competitive, drama-intolerant environment, we definitely may have the right place for you.

#8 Sarah Dalrymple

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 494 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSkye March, Hesperus II

Posted 12 August 2013 - 01:36 PM

It was fun dropping with you guys, thanks! B)

#9 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 13 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

Blackstar Mercs has your backs anytime guys. It is great to work along side or against one of the most organized units in the game. Hope to see more players dropping with the CAMERON'S HIGHLANDERS soon!.

Good luck from all of Us.
BSM

#10 cRaZy8or5e

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

Thanks Sarah and Rizzwind, you and BSM have made our burgeoning experience as a merc corporation in MWO a great one! Here's to more drops together and some great fun! Cameron's Highlanders and BSM have been steadfast in the face of adversity and enemy fire and smiling while doing it! Come share in the experience!Posted Image

Edited by cRaZy8or5e, 14 August 2013 - 11:05 AM.

#11 WhiteTiger32109

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Chu-sa
  • Chu-sa
  • 591 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 14 August 2013 - 04:02 PM

I will remeber to sharpen my claws for the next event.

#12 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 14 August 2013 - 11:36 PM

Want to find out what Merc corps are all about? Stop by Friday the 16th 5pm pst. as Cameron's Highlanders and the Blackstar Mercs host as many 12 man drops as we can fit into the night. Available spots will be filled from an active wait list for some good old mech fighting action. We try to balance the teams with Tonnage and ECM all night long with no capping.

#13 StonedDead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOn a rock, orbiting a giant nuclear reactor

Posted 15 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

Hello Cameron's Highlanders! I'm really looking forward to the balanced matches this Friday. I just wanted to stop in and say it will be fun dropping against a good group of Mechwarriors, and good luck to everyone who can make it.

#14 StonedDead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 488 posts
  • LocationOn a rock, orbiting a giant nuclear reactor

Posted 16 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

Bumping with a reminder, 12 mans tonight! This is going to be fun!

#15 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

Posted Image

Thanks out to 1st BBR for having a lance of us Wednesday night, and to BSM last night for shuffling a couple in to get us moving along! And thanks out to Aces Wild for dropping against us last night. We'll have to drop *together* some time before we can let you get closer to our trade secrets ; ) It's good to get the numbers together to get the ball rolling, overcoming the trial and error until you find your own formula for success...where theory is overcome by the reality of the dropship.

We're dropping twelves with BSM - *right now* - if anyone wants to hop in on the NGNG teamspeak, and see if they can't get another twelve going!

#16 100mile

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,235 posts
  • LocationAlegro: Ramora Province fighting Pirates. and the occasional Drac

Posted 17 August 2013 - 05:50 PM

Aces Wild enjoyed the drop the other night and wanted to pass along Props to the Highlanders for their organization. We look forward to dropping with you again soon.

#17 Jack Gallows

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 05:48 PM

Best of luck to the Cameron's Highlanders, great group to play with!

Looking forward to more battles and wonderful times in MW:O together!

#18 Orbit Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 499 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:35 AM

Posted Image

Props and thanks to Blackthornes Dragoons for dropping against us Saturday night! We played four matches, two wins two losses, awesome brawls and great drops, it's a pleasure playing against great opponents...Above is the last man standing (ilovetofu) on the River City Night drop.

#19 Cygnus17

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16 posts
  • LocationOKC, OK

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:35 PM

You guys are fun to drop against Orbit.

Thanks for the fun,
Blackthornes Salute!!!

-Cygnus17

#20 cRaZy8or5e

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 September 2013 - 06:48 AM

Cameron's will be looking to get some 12 man drops going tonight. Looking forward to it. Stop on by and introduce yourself if you're interested in joining a small but active unit ;)!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users