176 replies to this topic

#41 Skalpel

• PipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 41 posts
  • LocationSlovenia

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:45 PM

It works nicer now. but not by much. Well, it's something ;)

#42 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:46 PM

from what I can see in the ingame chat the hotfix is helping a lot

#43 DeeBeeP

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 66 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:47 PM

Confirmed that I got a good chunk of frames back. I'm down to 40-50 average at the start of a match which I can expect from 8 extra mechs on the field.

Kudos to you guys for getting a hotfix out there so quickly.

#44 sirius89

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 290 posts
  • LocationDortmund NRW

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:48 PM

Sadly the hotfix didn't work for me.Still choppy when battles are going on (it maybe be a little bit better but i'm not so sure),precise aiming not possible.I'll try the repair tool again but i doubt it will help.

Guess i'll drop the game for a month and look back into it when release is there to see how the game is performing then.

Edited by sirius89, 08 August 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#45 Autobot9000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:50 PM

Already without turning the glow off the game came back to consistent frame rates for me, so thanks for the hotfix, it's appreciated and works! Running 2.6Ghz core duo, 1GB 6850 HD, 4 GB RAM.

#46 WolvesX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

View Postdaemur, on 08 August 2013 - 01:50 PM, said:

Have you submitted a support ticket? If not please submit your specs so we can see what you are looking at. Also what FPS are you getting in game and what settings are you playing with?

daemur

ok

#47 BlazeOn

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 30 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:51 PM

View Postsirius89, on 08 August 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

Sadly the hotfix didn't work for me.Still choppy when battles are going on (it maybe be a little bit better but i'm not so sure),precise aiming not possible.I'll try the repair tool again but i doubt it will help.

Guess i'll drop the game for a month and look back into it when release is there to see how the game is performing then.

Just curious if you adjusted your settings or not? My game is back to normal after adjustments in the options.

#48 Lt David Barns

• PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:52 PM

For me the hotfix did the exact opposite, where before framerates were still decent for me, now aiming is down to pure luck because of a drop in fps. Will try to mess with settings a bit, but all in all I'm not too optimistic about that... ;)

edit: nevermind, I got it to go up to a somewhat decent level again by tweaking the graphics options a bit, still not quite happy about it, though

Edited by Lt David Barns, 08 August 2013 - 04:58 PM.

#49 Dakkath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,980 posts
  • LocationG-14 Classified

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

I have cleaned up this thread a little bit.

Please keep replies constructive and on-topic. Do not post in all caps.
Above all else, please heed the code of conduct before posting.
Thanks,
Dakkath.

#50 Karl Berg

Technical Director

• 497 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:53 PM

View Postsirius89, on 08 August 2013 - 01:48 PM, said:

Instead maybe try filing a support ticket, include the framerates you've been observing along with a dxdiag. We will actually get all of this info from the CSR team and be in a much better position to reproduce any framerate issues you might be having here in our testlab. This is an enourmous help for us in terms of actually fixing the issues you are experiencing.

#51 Aristotelis

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 86 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

View PostXander Pappyson, on 08 August 2013 - 01:11 PM, said:

I know PGI is trying but they have soured a lot of us long time players with many promises and little results. So I am supporting Dashing's comment.

As one of the oldest players too I have to admit that we expected more speed in development but I'll not stop to support and help the launch of the final release and improve it much better!!!I really enjoy the game and I see improvements so I'll continue to play it and support it!!!

#52 Tayleron

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSt. John's, Newfoundland

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:56 PM

Glad you guys are doing stuff like this. Now just bring back our C-Bills and give us more ways to make more, please!

#53 UPnADAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 381 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

I didnt suffer a tremendous loss of frame rates after last patch maybe 5-10 however since this hotfix I gained 10-15 back so I think im in the positives overall....System is I5-2320 6Gigs Ram HD 7750 all settings on low but med textures

#54 Funkadelic Mayhem

• Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:57 PM

worked AWESOME for me!

Now If I can just find how to turn off the glow so I can try that aswell. I cant seam to find the option.

#55 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,365 posts

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

View PostFunkadelic Mayhem, on 08 August 2013 - 01:45 PM, said:

where, how? I dont see it.

In the Mechlab-Options, in the "Video Settings" below the sliders is a new Checkbox called "Damage Glow" check or uncheck it as needed.

Edited by Thorqemada, 08 August 2013 - 02:00 PM.

#56 Enigmos

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostBoymonkey, on 08 August 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

Wow you must have a massive willy... Well many of us have noticed a frame rate drop since 12v12 so I hope the hotfix helps us who can't afford a ninja PC at the moment.
Not at all: Not only is a GTX680 is last gen hardware and 12 gigs are nothing to brag about in this day and age, but in a beta you share information that may be of use to the developer reading your performance report so that it has a little context. Had I thought it really important I would have inserted my dxdiag under a spoiler tag.

Interesting of you to get so off on yourself though along with your boyfriends.

#57 Funkadelic Mayhem

• Knight Errant
  • 1,811 posts
  • LocationOrokin Void

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

View PostThorqemada, on 08 August 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

In the Options, in the "Video Settings" below the sliders is a new Checkbox called "Damage Glow" check or uncheck it as needed.

THANK YOU!

#58 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:01 PM

I can't seem to find the option to turn off the damage glow.

ETA: I had to quit the game and log back in again before I could find it.

Edited by Belorion, 08 August 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#59 Karl Berg

Technical Director

• 497 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

View PostFunkadelic Mayhem, on 08 August 2013 - 01:57 PM, said:

worked AWESOME for me! Now If I can just find how to turn off the glow so I can try that aswell. I cant seam to find the option.

It only properly takes effect while in the front-end. We originally asked the UI guys lock it down to being a front-end option only, but if you can change it while in-game be aware that weirdness may result until you start the next match.

#60 Bracchus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 125 posts
  • LocationThe cold north of Sweden

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:05 PM

Got some of the FPS back, but its still nowhere near stable, its jumping all over the place and there are still drops from 100ish down to 25ish and back, those kill any chance of aiming.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users