#savemwo Townhall #2: Discussion

255 replies to this topic

#241 Zephyr Charge

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:48 PM

View PostKay Wolf, on 19 August 2013 - 08:46 PM, said:

No, I participated in two threads earlier this evening where people were talking about C-Bills getting nerf'd. Being a long-time player, as I have been playing for a long time, since '84-'85, I expect the game to hold some modicum of accuracy -not total, but some- to the universe from which this game has emerged and should remain true to, without sacrificing fun.

you included all manner of pinpoint accuracy in that umbrella statement and thats considered by many as more of a problem than a good thing

#242 Chronojam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,185 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 09:49 PM

It was a joke. Let it go.

#243 Kattspya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 August 2013 - 11:58 PM

View PostChronojam, on 19 August 2013 - 09:49 PM, said:

It was a joke. Let it go.
Goons being unfunny is bad and needs to be fixed. I will require a written guarantee (in triplicate) that it will not happen again to let it go.

#244 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 20 August 2013 - 12:47 AM

View PostKattspya, on 19 August 2013 - 11:58 PM, said:

Goons being unfunny is bad and needs to be fixed. I will require a written guarantee (in triplicate) that it will not happen again to let it go.
I am confused. Are you a Goon?

#245 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:46 AM

Miekael, thank you for the response. Though I am not completely happy with the way MWO is going, I would say that I am about 85% happy. I would like to play devil's advocate for a moment, if I may?

It's funny to me that folks think PGI is not listening, when I have seen evidence to the contrary. Yes, their forum moderators are fairly heavy-handed when it comes to shutting down threads, not allowing any manner of democratic process to take place, but then I advocated for PGI to close down these forums on the day they opened them, or at least restrict access. For my part, were I in heavy development of a game of this caliber, and had a limited amount of money to work with, and I had limited the amount of time, I wouldn't answer anyone on the forums as much as PGI does. Now, I have personally had members of PGI react positively to things I've come out with that were difficult, when there was enough community support.

Here's my take on MWO... the developers said they were going to stick as closely to tabletop as possible and, I feel at least, with the few matches I've been in, that PGI are going in the right direction with the spirit and the feel of BattleTech, if not the exact numbers of the game. I believe that I am being pleasantly, steadily, and slowly proven wrong about my feelings of putting the tabletop exactly into the game; especially since I am an extreme purist. Now, I think that PGI is not only listening, but you're all going to be pleasantly surprised, as well, when they have all of their systems in place.

Are/were there easier ways certain things could have been implemented? Yes. However, PGIs programmers know how to do things in a particular way, and they are learning new things all the time.

Do I feel that the economy could be better? I feel the economy should be as close to the BattleTech universe as possible, and it's not. However, when I think about the rules of the game, for achieving Elite and Master status, all of the consumables that are available, and the fact that PGI have their collective *** on the line with this game, even though I still feel individuals are taking payouts that are too large, I think PGI is also on the right track, if not completely on their way to the station, yet.

Is game balance coming along well? For the fact that they have to find and then deal with all of the BS that came from the previous MechWarrior games -jump-sniping, for one-, and they have to pull a Heisenberg just to get to each new section of balance for the game, and then they have to start over again and again, for each new piece of hardware, for each new 'Mech, for each new map and game mode... hell, yeah! As far as I'm concerned, as complex as all of the moving parts for this game are, I'm surprised they didn't throw up their hands and quit before they even started, or any time since.

Oh, and let's not get start on the fact that ALL of this is taking place with ONLY 22 months of development time pre-release.

For my part, then, I feel like a wait and see approach, especially for all of the bitching, complaining, whining, and moaning, especially as a BattleTech purist, I've done since October 23rd, 2011, is probably the best thing to do, right now. This game is gorgeous, and I think the balance thing is coming along extremely well.

Keep in mind, all I've just said is coming from the guy who's already been beating the **** out of PGI for two years, now. Nothing's perfect, and only a small crowd of individuals, no matter how much work is done by these guys, is ever going to be satisfied. If a small crowd has to be chosen, let it be the BattleTech veterans, who've been waiting on THIS game for 20 years, now, and gotten crap built for twitcher wannabe punks, instead. Let everyone who is not a BattleTech veteran suck it for a while, learn to play the game in the right way, the way it should be. As far as I'm concerned, for all the board time I've spend with BattleTech, MWO has an almost perfect feel to what I imagined it would be all these years.

~Colonel Kay Wolf, Armageddon Unlimited

View PostMiekael, on 19 August 2013 - 09:11 PM, said:

#saveMWO is a group of people that come from different houses and units, who all generally believe the game suffers from imbalances and/or bad game direction. Now as far as to specifics of game imbalances/directions, we all have different opinions on the matter, but we all share a common belief in that the game itself needs improvement. We have organized ourselves into a community of representatives to discuss what can be done to help improve the game.

Unfortunately our first effort at reaching and getting acknowledgement from PGI about how we feel about the game have been ignored. While many of us would like to continue specific discussions on game balance, our current efforts are to try and reach PGI in some way so that our voices can be heard and our opinions can at the least be evaluated. Our doors are open to anyone who wishes to participate even if you feel the game is perfectly fine. We hope that the lines of communication can be opened and maintained with PGI so that we may continue more in depth discussion on what can be done to change the game for the better.

As far as any other statements made regarding our purpose to this organization they are false, unfounded, and lack any support of evidence. Some people just seem angry about us not liking the current game direction and our right to organize and discuss it. I hope that you can approach our group with an open mind, and would be willing to discuss things in a positive matter with us no matter how you feel. Since this thread has been removed to K-Town, I would like to provide you with the new thread we have formed. Please stop by and give us your opinions on the matter.

http://mwomercs.com/...hall-two-bravo/

#246 Kattspya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

View PostNekki Basara, on 20 August 2013 - 12:47 AM, said:

I am confused. Are you a Goon?

Nah, just a concerned citizen.

#247 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

^^^^
Then why are you being unfunny?

View PostKay Wolf, on 20 August 2013 - 06:46 AM, said:

If a small crowd has to be chosen, let it be the BattleTech veterans, who've been waiting on THIS game for 20 years, now, and gotten crap built for twitcher wannabe punks, instead.
Please explain how your waiting for 20 years and how your "Battletech veteran"-ness trumps my own Posted Image.

#248 Kattspya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:09 PM

View PostNekki Basara, on 20 August 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

^^^^

Please explain how your waiting for 20 years and how your "Battletech veteran"-ness trumps my own Posted Image.

Concerned citizens have a right to be unfunny - goons don't. But that said, I am always funny even when I'm not.

#249 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:21 PM

View PostNekki Basara, on 20 August 2013 - 08:44 AM, said:

^^^^

Stop trolling Nekki, his concerns are valid

#250 Nekki Basara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 921 posts
  • LocationDublin

Posted 20 August 2013 - 01:24 PM

ETA: ^^^^
His concerns are valid but his proposed "core player group" is very, very, very silly. Speaking as one of that group.

View PostKattspya, on 20 August 2013 - 01:09 PM, said:

Concerned citizens have a right to be unfunny - goons don't. But that said, I am always funny even when I'm not.
Are you denying goons citizenship? I'm not sure that's constitutional.

Edited by Nekki Basara, 20 August 2013 - 01:28 PM.

#251 Kattspya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 04:31 PM

View PostNekki Basara, on 20 August 2013 - 01:24 PM, said:

ETA: ^^^^
His concerns are valid but his proposed "core player group" is very, very, very silly. Speaking as one of that group.

Are you denying goons citizenship? I'm not sure that's constitutional.

Depends on the constitution and my constitution is ******* buffed. Also slightly drunk

#252 Zephyr Charge

Clone

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:16 PM

Are we gonna be done trying to save it now?

Kinda feeling like this now:

#253 Tice Daurus

• 2,001 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationOak Forest, IL

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...et-flamed-here/

Guys I need the help from the #saveMWO community people here. Please, go to this thread, endorse it, post your LIKE on it so we can show Russ and the rest of PGI we mean business here. I would really appreciate everyone's help. Sincerely, and thanks...

#254 Trev Firestorm

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 1,240 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:41 PM

View PostTice Daurus, on 20 August 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

http://mwomercs.com/...et-flamed-here/

Guys I need the help from the #saveMWO community people here. Please, go to this thread, endorse it, post your LIKE on it so we can show Russ and the rest of PGI we mean business here. I would really appreciate everyone's help. Sincerely, and thanks...

Quoted this post over to the other thread: http://mwomercs.com/...80#entry2675185

#255 Ransack

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,175 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:34 AM

so they flushed #2 too.

Sad, very sad.

#256 Chronojam

• 2,185 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:01 AM

Yeah, they certainly did. But the problems remain, so another thread is up!

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users