• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 537 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

View PostScav3ng3r, on 17 September 2013 - 09:39 AM, said:

So here we are, 9 days away from the official launch party in San Fran, and..... we still don't know what the teams are going to be for the tourney.

So... what should be done about this?

I'd also like to know the "cbill pool" we will be allotted so I know if I have been practicing in a build too expensive to actually play at the tournament.

Announcing teams at 8am on the morning of the 26th still counts as before the tournament right?

#302 kazrok

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 86 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:41 PM

Doubts about this actually happening......

#303 Scav3ng3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationFree Worlds League

Posted 17 September 2013 - 02:57 PM

View Postkazrok, on 17 September 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

Doubts about this actually happening......

Pfft, thinking about forming my own team, and sending a support ticket saying, "These people are on my team, deal with it."

I'm semi-disapointed with the launch, but I am VERY disapointed about no information regarding teams for the Tourney.

#304 CiCCaTRiCe

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSunny Diego Ca.

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:06 PM

Since this is a single-elimination tournament information on our teams would be helpful.........................

#305 borisof007

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, California

Posted 17 September 2013 - 03:22 PM

Them announcing the teams in advance, I can see doubting. Doubting the event happening, that's too much. The event will take place, guaranteed.

#306 Caviel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 637 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:27 AM

At least it's a better process than the nVidia event teams where we were signed up for teams as we got our badges. Ended up with people that had never even played the game before on my team. Was still fun, although at least this seems to be a more balanced process for team selection beyond "Sign here".

On one hand, I would love to meet with my team in advance to practice and get used to playing as a group. On the other hand, it almost seems more fair not to know ahead of the event for the teams that are not able to meet in advance for whatever reason. Meh.

Definitely leaning toward wanting to know, for the record.

#307 CiCCaTRiCe

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSunny Diego Ca.

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:33 AM

I normally do not post messages. PGI is in catch 22 no matter what PGI decides to do someone is not going to agree with it.(I really like playing this game). This tournament is a diffrent story. I do not know what they are waiting for to announce the teams, since this is a one and done tournament. Many of us are traveling from out of town. I believe I am echoing our sentiments when I say we just want to know what is going on????? We are not trying to disrespect you. On the other hand I feel you are, by leaving us hanging.

#308 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:50 AM

we just had someone in our group receive an invite today, so clearly they are still trying to get 192 people signed up for the tourney

#309 Lokisonn

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 September 2013 - 12:27 PM

Wow thats pretty late. While it would be nice to practice with the actual team, how about existing people play some rounds together first. Who knows, just might end up together especially if they are having trouble filling slots. Also a good wasy to get to know people before meeting face to face. Just a suggetion.

#310 miscreant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 823 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:41 PM

What gets me is PGI acts like this launch event is for everybody.

I live 20 minutes from SF and wasn't selected. I can only hope the event is a bust.

#311 Quinton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 134 posts
  • LocationThe Wasteland

Posted 18 September 2013 - 06:57 PM

Yet another game that holds its launch party on the coast instead of in a nice convenient place like Kansas City. You know middle of the country? sigh, everyone hates this place, even the folks who live here.

#312 Scav3ng3r

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:05 PM

View PostQuinton, on 18 September 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

Yet another game that holds its launch party on the coast instead of in a nice convenient place like Kansas City. You know middle of the country? sigh, everyone hates this place, even the folks who live here.

So what you are saying is "Yeah, PGI should have held their party somewhere in the middle of the US like Kansas City, but at the same time, this place sucks, and since this place sucks, every other major city in the middle of the US prolly sucks to, so I'm glad that they didn't." ???

View Postmiscreant, on 18 September 2013 - 06:41 PM, said:

What gets me is PGI acts like this launch event is for everybody.

I live 20 minutes from SF and wasn't selected. I can only hope the event is a bust.

If I am reading this correctly, you are saying, "Waaaaaahhhhh, I didn't get selected to participate in the event even though it's in my back yard, so I am not only going to be a big baby and cry about it, I'm going to be a sore loser as well, and hope it sucks balls for everyone that DOES go that spent money to get there because they got to go and I didn't!"

....... I love people.

#313 Caviel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 637 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:09 PM

Except Google, apparently.

<grumbles about not having Google Fiber as an option>

#314 Stealth Raptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 466 posts
  • LocationLenexa, Kansas

Posted 18 September 2013 - 07:34 PM

you live in KC too? KC represent B)

honestly no matter where they hold it, there is gonna be 100 people from 100 different cities who are mad that they didnt hold it there, so its whatever

#315 miscreant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 823 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:00 PM

View PostScav3ng3r, on 18 September 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

So what you are saying is "Yeah, PGI should have held their party somewhere in the middle of the US like Kansas City, but at the same time, this place sucks, and since this place sucks, every other major city in the middle of the US prolly sucks to, so I'm glad that they didn't." ???

If I am reading this correctly, you are saying, "Waaaaaahhhhh, I didn't get selected to participate in the event even though it's in my back yard, so I am not only going to be a big baby and cry about it, I'm going to be a sore loser as well, and hope it sucks balls for everyone that DOES go that spent money to get there because they got to go and I didn't!"

....... I love people.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

#316 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:05 AM

View PostScav3ng3r, on 18 September 2013 - 07:05 PM, said:

....... I love people.

It sucks that for the past three years I haven't been able to go to the San Diego Comic Con, which is held within walking distance from my apartment (ok, not quite walking distance, but within visual range... with binoculars) because the finite amount of tickets they sell disappear within a split-second of being made available. Fortunately, SDCC is outgrowing the convention center and starting to spread out into the rest of the city, where you don't need a pass to get in.

#317 Scav3ng3r

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 03:20 PM

http://mwomercs.com/...20#entry2768020

Bam! Teams have been posted!

#318 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:18 PM

Does PGI have contingency plans in place for no-shows? I'm not involved, but I guarantee there will be a handful of people who are late, or just don't bother showing up. You will need enough extras from PGI or NGNG to fill at least a half a dozen slots. Just make sure you guys are ready for some flexibility here because stuff like this will happen.

Edited by Jman5, 19 September 2013 - 07:18 PM.

#319 RiceyFighter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 608 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:37 PM

View PostJman5, on 19 September 2013 - 07:18 PM, said:

Does PGI have contingency plans in place for no-shows? I'm not involved, but I guarantee there will be a handful of people who are late, or just don't bother showing up. You will need enough extras from PGI or NGNG to fill at least a half a dozen slots. Just make sure you guys are ready for some flexibility here because stuff like this will happen.

My guess is they will just announce open spots on the speakers and people just line up?

#320 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:49 PM

"While you were not selected to participate in the tournament directly, we are happy to allow stand-ins should a participating member no longer be available to attend."

There'll be people like me there at the party, but not part of the tourney, but available should people flake.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users