#221 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 06 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

View PostCimarb, on 30 September 2013 - 07:02 AM, said:

Definitely. Lets just skip the clans and go straight to the Dark Ages - AGROMECHS FOR EVERYONE!!!*

(*While supplies last. Void where prohibited. Actual tonnage may vary and results are not typical.)

"Argh that Cowmilking Mech is OP! Dual Udders FTW."

#222 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:09 AM

View Postrolly, on 06 October 2013 - 08:02 AM, said:

"Argh that Cowmilking Mech is OP! Dual Udders FTW."

Cattlemaster
Posted Image

#223 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:50 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 07 October 2013 - 05:09 AM, said:

Can it be equipped with Milk Acceleration Signal Circuits or Triple-Strength Milkers for enhanced milking capability?

#224 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 07 October 2013 - 07:07 AM

I am sure it could... If its creator can remember to do it... but Goldfish have sort Memories!

#225 Dugra Dugrasson

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 139 posts
  • LocationKris Kringle's Resistance Bunker

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

Require all Clan 'Mechs above Light/Elemental be purchased with Clan Loyalty Points (in addition to MC/CBills).

Clan LP earned is directly influenced by the tonnage ratio between Clan drop and IS drop where if the ratio is 1:1 tonnage wise, Clan LP earned should be close to nil.

End Clan/IS balance discussions.

#226 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 08 December 2013 - 06:05 AM

Granted we don't know what PGI intends to do with clan development since we don't get to sit in on the dev meetings, however beyond the game itself some of the proposed rumored clan nerfing goes flatly against the IP beyond simple gameplay balance. this is something that can and will kill the games support base. What battletech/MechWarrior "is" has a well established IP going back close to 30 years. PGI may very well loose the license to continue the game if they damage the IP in this manner, especially if we the "support base" make it known we are not willing to let this go. Clan tech is better, harder hitting, and longer ranged. putting TT skill aside the balancing factor has always been numbers......The most common is that the clans fight against 2:1 odds. this weight of numbers of IS units is what makes the clans balanced. if PGI decides to go down the path of making clans nothing more than IS tech on iconic clan mechs they are sowing the seeds of their own failure/as well as the destruction of the game.

#227 Gremlich Johns

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,855 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 08 December 2013 - 09:24 AM

My concern is that they allow IS units to possess and employ Clan tech against the Clans before 3053 gametime.

#228 Shade4x

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 190 posts

Posted 08 December 2013 - 10:26 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 08 December 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

My concern is that they allow IS units to possess and employ Clan tech against the Clans before 3053 gametime.

In the lore, merc units had clan tech before IS was invaded if you count wolfs dragoons. If you don't want to count them, then you have comstar guards, and several merc units scavange for parts.

Also the whole game time line was a PR stunt, thats already been thrown out the window in favor of selling more MC. Though before you geek out and fall in love with the lore and demand they kept to it, you should ask yourself if PGI has even kept to the most basic rules of battletech? I would think that would be far more important to everyone who loved the franchise, or did you just read the books?

#229 Numatani2112

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 11 posts
  • LocationEmpire of the Coast

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:28 AM

Having read through the majority of these, there are two things that are only lightly touched on that IMO can do a lot to both balance the game and retain the power of the clans:

Longer weapon recharge time (good pilots make their shots count), and,
Enforcing clan honor rules with a "challenge/accept" protocol that will lock out a clan mech from firing on any mech that has not "accepted" the issued challenge, except in the cases where an unchallenged IS mech fires on a duelling clan mech.

Rules I can imagine here for the programmers:
Clan mech targets another mech (clan or IS) and hits a button to issue a challenge.
Targetted mech receives message and either accepts or rejects with a button push.
From that point on, the two mechs can only fire at each other until one is destryed or range is broken, hence, ending the challenge. The target reticle should change colors, too for ease.
Unengaged IS mechs are free to fire upon engaged clan mechs, but that "unlocks" them from return fire.

Of course, collateral damage will still occur, but when unengaged are in the line of fire they will get hit. So the challenge for the programmers is to determine where the paired mechs appear in the FOV before the weapons lockout. Missile target locks are obvious, but all others need to be in the reticle, I suppose or at least within the center xx.xx by xx.xx pixels.

Of course, perhaps for a while, it will be clan against clan until the invasion starts. Then if they want to remain within canon, they will only engage the "upper" regions of the map first: Kurita, FRR, etc.

Thoughts welcome.

Edited by Numatani2112, 08 December 2013 - 03:33 PM.

#230 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 08 December 2013 - 11:55 AM

View PostGremlich Johns, on 08 December 2013 - 09:24 AM, said:

View PostShade4x, on 08 December 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

In the lore, merc units had clan tech before IS was invaded if you count wolfs dragoons. If you don't want to count them, then you have comstar guards, and several merc units scavange for parts.

I would give limited access to Clan tech only to high-ranking faction units and wolf's dragoons mid-ranking units.
We don't have yet much info about the Loyalists but i suppose the Mercs will have more than enough amazing features to stay content without Clan tech.

Also the whole game time line was a PR stunt, thats already been thrown out the window in favor of selling more MC. Though before you geek out and fall in love with the lore and demand they kept to it, you should ask yourself if PGI has even kept to the most basic rules of battletech? I would think that would be far more important to everyone who loved the franchise, or did you just read the books?

I always assumed that Battletech rules = lore, so if i am correct books = most Battletech rules :D

#231 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 09 December 2013 - 09:11 AM

View PostShade4x, on 08 December 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

If you are complaining about how PGI has stuck to the rules, you obviously haven't played several of the previous games either. Lore is a great basis for things, but making a game that is fun is much more important than sticking to something that was written in a book thirty years before the game was made, at least for "rules". You don't fight a war based upon chess tactics for very obvious reasons.

#232 Tralador

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 08:09 AM

My fix. Anything pure IS tech gets 1 respawn (respawns can happen at any selected controlled point). Anything with any clan anywhere does not. You don't have to nerf clan tech, you don't have to change the drop rates (12v12) or freak out about tonnage, and honestly everyone should be effing happy.

Edit:
Two Extra thoughts:

IS destruction of Clan mechs, assists, component destructions and whatnot of Clan is worth 4x the Cbills. (Incentivize the fight.)

Once CW AKA (IS vs Clan) is implemented, Clans are ALWAYS playing assault (You are here to kill them, count coup, and gain honor, not take some dirt.) IS is working towards conquest (Think Turkkyid, we don't have to kill you, just survive you.)

Edited by Tralador, 14 December 2013 - 08:30 AM.

#233 Ruhkil

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 02:42 PM

a huge issue that people are overlooking is the SPEED of clan mechs. For example i drive an Orion K with x2 ppcs x2 ml and lrms 20 and 10. To be able to use this setup i need to use a 280xl engine so i am super fragile and my main guns have limited ranges (180m and 90m respectively. my top speed is high 60's to low 70kph cant remember. the Timber Wolf the clan 75 tonner will have regardless of what PGI does for balance the same general damage profile at increased ranges with no minimum range and a speed of 81khp fresh out of the box. my Orion can be run down by a masakari easily (oh yeah and the masakari with its PPCS can outrange me)

TLDR version: even if the damage and heat numbers get messed with (though they will have at least slight advantages in both those areas!!!)for clan equipment the base speed and range of their guns and the lack of minimum ranges are huge factors in favor of the clans not to mention the durability of their mechs.

#234 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:18 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 24 March 2014 - 03:18 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users