Kintaro Customization Sale!

11 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

So you've got your new Kintaro, and you're finishing eliting and mastering all their skill trees. Something is... missing though. Oh, camo! So we figured we'd help you out by offering 50% off the cost of Vagabond, Digital, and Fractal camo's for the Kintaro!

We hope you enjoy everyone, and we'll see you on the battlefield!

WHAT:

• 50% off Matching Patterns for Kintaro: Vagabond, Digital and Fractal, Now 375 , Regular 750

WHEN:

Tuesday August 20th 10am PDT

to

Friday August 23rd 10 AM PDT

#2 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:40 AM

At least people knew this was coming...

Too bad I'm skipping grinding Kintaros, outside of coring them w/o much effort.

Edited by Deathlike, 20 August 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#3 Doctor Proctor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 343 posts
  • LocationSouth Suburbs of Chicago, IL, USA

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 20 August 2013 - 08:40 AM, said:

At least people knew this was coming...

Too bad I'm skipping grinding Kintaros, outside of coring them w/o much effort.

There's a fix already slated for a patch in September. So you might just have to learn how to shoot those side torsos. :D

#4 wickwire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 741 posts
  • LocationIgnoring The Meta Since 2012

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

Nice sale, too bad the CT hitbox will only be fixed in 2 weeks :D

#5 Team Leader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,222 posts
  • LocationUrbanmech and Machine Gun Advocate

Posted 20 August 2013 - 09:46 AM

Nobody wants to grind them because with the chill nerf the grind is far too... Grindy. And unfun. Fix that, then try selling overpriced camos (I still think they should be class wide unlocks...)

#6 Risko Vinsheen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 573 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

I'm sad they didn't put Tiger as one of the camos in this sale... I really wanted my Mortal Kombat homage Kintaro. :D

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:22 AM

For those whining about the cbill "nerf" (actually I'm profiting big time from it with a minor change in play).
Spoiler

For the Kintaro, I'm looking forward to seeing how they look. Fractal's always been my favorite. But, what do you mean by "Matching" patterns? o.O; I'll probably snag some patterns. If all the patterns for the Kintaro were on sale, it'd definitely become a top priority to snag 'em quick. Ah well.

For now though my Kintaros will remain LRM boats; the CT to ST size ratio does mean it's too dangerous to play the role of a brawler.

Edited by Koniving, 20 August 2013 - 10:24 AM.

#8 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

View PostKoniving, on 20 August 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

For those whining about the cbill "nerf" (actually I'm profiting big time from it with a minor change in play).

I disagree. It feeds too much into "tourney mode" and having played in enough tournies, this is a bad behavior and really undesirable.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 11:18 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 20 August 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

I disagree. It feeds too much into "tourney mode" and having played in enough tournies, this is a bad behavior and really undesirable.

Tourney? When you get more rewards for team-based play and aren't making dirt from playing solo? I think I'm failing to understand.

#10 PoLaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 620 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:20 AM

Everyone seems to think the Kintaro has hit detection issues. Well It doesn't, only the Golden Boy has a sissy Center Torso.

#11 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:24 AM

View PostDoctor Proctor, on 20 August 2013 - 08:55 AM, said:

There's a fix already slated for a patch in September. So you might just have to learn how to shoot those side torsos. :D

It's not worth it. A lot of large CT based mechs that have been released for a bit (Blackjack, Quickdraw to name a few) are very XL friendly.

So even if they shrink the CT in the Kintaro, the mech is larger than a Jager... and a Jager isn't even that hard to core and side core.

View PostKoniving, on 20 August 2013 - 11:18 AM, said:

Tourney? When you get more rewards for team-based play and aren't making dirt from playing solo? I think I'm failing to understand.

I play primarily team based play.. and making too much, but most of that style unfortunately prefers tourney-style based play... where collecting assists to increase the score is effectively the same as collecting C-bills. With 12v12, there is much less control as to whether the team wins or loses from my efforts. If I deal obscene damage with a Hunchback and still lose, I'm generally ill-rewarded because my teammates dictate how much I would actually get. Considering how many games are lopsided (wins and losses are like 75% to me lopsided, with the close games being on the 25% average - all guessing and not scientific), it changes the gap drastically on my winnings and losses.

Just because "it appears" to support team play doesn't necessarily actually do what it is meant to do.

#12 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 24 August 2013 - 07:05 PM

I'll give you that much.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users