Und Update: 18/09/13

447 replies to this topic

#61 Valdemaar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 227 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:51 AM

This resonates strongly with me. I was here for a couple months or so before the founder invites were sent out and the whole closed beta experience was a far cry better than being here in open beta. In closed beta we had consistent information handed to us on how things were progressing. In game you could actually see all the weight classes of mechs with the average being in mediums and heavies. The devs actually seemed to care about the players. I look now at what we have compared to what once was and it's just... disheartening. Really, from the moment open beta started things seemed to go down hill and I now worry if history will repeat itself and things get even worse when the beta ends and release is here.

Announce the time and you shall have my Jagermech.

Edited by Valdemaar, 22 August 2013 - 07:52 AM.

#62 Teutatis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 104 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

View PostY2kHippy, on 22 August 2013 - 06:33 AM, said:

I am sure inter-community friendly comps can be arranged during the "Off MW:O" time. Perhaps other common games that our communities play. I know there there are several common games when I look into other team speak channels and there are always other free to play games out there that could be interesting to have comps with for "absolute" brand new players. I can imagine a WoT game with tier 1 players only, or War-Thunder Tournament with nothing but players trying to find which way is up....There are so many possibilities and would not take much to arrange if there is some time off. Perhaps this could encourage closer relations and good will...All these would take is the willingness to download a new game or two for some fun.

Generally most of us are playing either War Thunder, Company of Heroes, Starcraft, Men of War. There are a few more like Kerbal that are not Multiplayer. Most of these have been obtained on the cheap from either Steam sales or Humble Bundles. I believe BF3 is in the current HB and is being eyed up for some 4th Batt shenanigans.

#63 Skaith

Rookie

• Guardian
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:04 AM

Mista_Whizzard... first off what is so bad that you start spouting this bull***t about the game being broken and you want a refund (no one made you buy the sh*t) 2nd its been playable for just over a year now.. what do you expect? there are plenty of big name companies (square and blizzard to name a few) that have a lot bigger issues with their games that have been around for a lot longer and have a LOT more resources than the mwo team. 3rd if its so easy to fix everything to make it like you want it, and im guessing you want god mode for yourself so you never lose,( cuz lets be realistic if you lose, the game is broken right? lol) why don't you write up all the code and make better graphics and send them to PGI? the point im trying to make is it takes time for anything to be good, like beer... so wait and be happy that you can even play this game for free and if its just too much and you cant wait for that god mode **** for you mech then don't play...

#64 sj mausgmr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 234 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:21 AM

View PostSkaith, on 22 August 2013 - 08:04 AM, said:

Mista_Whizzard... first off what is so bad that you start spouting this bull***t about the game being broken and you want a refund (no one made you buy the sh*t) 2nd its been playable for just over a year now.. what do you expect? there are plenty of big name companies (square and blizzard to name a few) that have a lot bigger issues with their games that have been around for a lot longer and have a LOT more resources than the mwo team. 3rd if its so easy to fix everything to make it like you want it, and im guessing you want god mode for yourself so you never lose,( cuz lets be realistic if you lose, the game is broken right? lol) why don't you write up all the code and make better graphics and send them to PGI? the point im trying to make is it takes time for anything to be good, like beer... so wait and be happy that you can even play this game for free and if its just too much and you cant wait for that god mode **** for you mech then don't play...

Coz you totally didn't make that account just do to that.

Failtastic.

#65 ZipZerp

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 16 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:37 AM

Having played competitively with DHB and Whizzard, I can tell you he knows his stuff about the game and the feeling units have towards the game direction.

It would be an honour to have you with us at the town hall.

#66 BFett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 751 posts
  • LocationA galaxy far far away...

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

I'm a bit surprised that you all haven't started boycotting the game since the introduction of Third Person view which went live this Tuesday. It's pretty easy, don't log into the client for a week and try to minimize the number of players on the servers.

#67 101011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 1,393 posts
  • LocationSector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, on a small blue-green planet orbiting a small, unregarded yellow sun.

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:49 AM

why don't you write up all the code and make better graphics and send them to PGI?

People have requested to do this (at least, make new maps and send them to PGI) and they were denied, because the maps (code) wouldn't be up to standard with the rest of the maps (code), and even if they were, the entire team would have to go over the maps (code) to make sure it would be balanced (would be compatible) and wouldn't go against the art direction. MW:O used to have better graphics, but PGI continues to decrease them to better suit poorer machines, so I doubt they would want better graphics made anyways. EDIT: to the person above me, I have boycotted it. Can't speak for anyone else though.

Edited by 101011, 22 August 2013 - 08:49 AM.

#68 Protection

• 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

View PostPugnax, on 21 August 2013 - 09:17 AM, said:

I don't even know how many people are upset with the direction of the game at this time. Obviously those who are unhappy are also the most outspoken.

All this talk of sit-in and revolution is a bit pompous, in the end you will just be hurting the game developer and hurting the chances that MWO has of staying afloat in a tough F2P market. If we lose the only MWO game currently in development I will be much more sore than I am from 3PV implementation (which is not at all because it is balanced quite well).

PGI / IGP are doing a fine job of hurting the game and the developer on their own.

The game is dying. It will fail unless we get some radical changes in direction very soon.

Actions like this from the community are exactly what is needed.

#69 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:09 AM

View PostProtection, on 22 August 2013 - 11:00 AM, said:

PGI / IGP are doing a fine job of hurting the game and the developer on their own.

The game is dying. It will fail unless we get some radical changes in direction very soon.

Actions like this from the community are exactly what is needed.

Release is a month away. They'll get tons of press when that happens, and everyone will have forgotten about the whole kerfuffle happened in the first place. Just like every other game where the developers made decisions that a small, vocal group of people didn't like.

So they'll get a bunch of people trying it out, and hopefully have a decent new player experience that will keep people around for a good long time. A number of the people who ragequit right now will see the game get popular and come back to play giant internet stompy robot game and deal with their conflicted souls with an aggressive combination of therapy, anti-anxiety medication and alcohol/weed.

This will not kill MWO. Not even close. Not a chance.

#70 Protection

• 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

View PostEvilCow, on 22 August 2013 - 12:14 AM, said:

The truth is that they are desperate:

Just MWO: http://www.google.co...mwomercs&cmpt=q
Add Star Citizen: http://www.google.co...0citizen&cmpt=q
Add War Thunder: http://www.google.co...0thunder&cmpt=q
Add World of Tanks: http://www.google.co...%20tanks&cmpt=q

On top of that they feel it is a good idea to enrage the small community they have, destroy the only real strength Mechwarrior historically had.

Smart move.

Posted Image

If it's not dying, it's definitely in a coma, and showing no signs of awareness.

#71 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:21 AM

View PostProtection, on 22 August 2013 - 11:19 AM, said:

If it's not dying, it's definitely in a coma, and showing no signs of awareness.

Wait till release, when this whole kerfuffle has blown over and they get tons of advertising. Let's see if this snapshot in time is a trend or a dying game...

#72 Protection

• 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:27 AM

A bunch of one-and-a-half star reviews and an inevitable bombing on metacritic are sure to bring in the masses.

#73 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:34 AM

View PostProtection, on 22 August 2013 - 11:27 AM, said:

A bunch of one-and-a-half star reviews and an inevitable bombing on metacritic are sure to bring in the masses.

:D

Won't you feel vindicated the day that that happens...

#74 rgreat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 851 posts
  • LocationMoscow

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:35 AM

This thread suck. As well as #saveMWO.

MWO on the other side rule.

This thread suck because op is just greedy crybaby.
#saveMWO suck because of their 'drop TT rules' banner.
MWO rule because it is fun game.

#75 Destructicus

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,255 posts
  • LocationKlendathu

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

View Postrgreat, on 22 August 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

What a well written and unbiased post

#76 Protection

• 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:45 AM

View PostHeffay, on 22 August 2013 - 11:34 AM, said:

:D

Won't you feel vindicated the day that that happens...

I don't want the game to fail, but PGI/IGP insist on driving it off a cliff, and I'm going to state my expectations of what gravity will do.

#77 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:47 AM

View PostProtection, on 22 August 2013 - 11:45 AM, said:

I don't want the game to fail, but PGI/IGP insist on driving it off a cliff, and I'm going to state my expectations of what gravity will do.

3PV has killed so many games. I can't believe anyone would consider making a game today with any sort of 3PV. It's death!

#78 Julian Huxley

• PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:48 AM

I was wondering where the mandatory sockpuppet / troll / true believer / outright shill was. It was a weird feeling.

#79 JSArrakis

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:52 AM

View Postrgreat, on 22 August 2013 - 11:35 AM, said:

I cant... I just cant.

Why is this making me laugh so hard.

On another note, Mista Whizzard, go ahead and contact WM Zero

#80 Protection

• 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 22 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

View PostHeffay, on 22 August 2013 - 11:47 AM, said:

3PV has killed so many games. I can't believe anyone would consider making a game today with any sort of 3PV. It's death!

Constantly lying to your core community, making empty promises, refusing to communicate, not listening to what your playerbase wants, and sleazy business practices have killed many a game, and MWO may well be the next to fall.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users