447 replies to this topic

#1 Mista Whizzard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 196 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:51 AM

Update - 18/09/13

So it is official; Mechwarrior Online is now a 'release'. Whilst I have conceded to many that it was a pipedream of mine to have PGI postpone their launch having listened to us, but alas they 'launched' anyway. I watched the forums explode again throughout the day today, which could not have been good for PGI or IGP. They've also had a tough first day on metacritic, which I am yet to contribute to, but I will. From us at UniteAndDrop, we are still pondering our position given the results of the event, and have not yet decided on the best way to move forward. There has been no 'official' response from PGI at this time, and we want to allow a little more time to pass before we release statistics of our own, but background work on the website is continuing. Given the increased level of backlash after today's 'launch' there have been suggestions made that UniteAndDrop should settle in for a longer fight. Whilst this was not an initial thought process, this is now being considered. We have decided to leave registrations for the site open for the time being. Continued growth of the UnD community will show support and justification for further action and investment of time and resources by the team. If it can be demonstrated that there will be continuing support for continuing action, then we will consider implementing and executing several other ideas that were left on the table due to time restraints prior to the 14th. Hopefully there will be another townhall soon, where there can be some discussion on the matter.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Update 30/0813
Spoiler

Update 28/08/13
Spoiler

Update 25/08/13:
Spoiler

Event Information:
Spoiler

Objectives Outline:
Spoiler

24/08/13 update
Spoiler

23/08/13 Update:
Spoiler

Original Post - Late, Late Wednesday 21st August

Spoiler

LINKS ARE NO LONGER BEING UPDATED - PLEASE SEE uniteanddrop.com FOR DAILY UPDATES.

Links:
Happy or Not? MWO forum poll: http://mwomercs.com/...f-the-minority/
UnitAndDrop Reddit Link - http://www.reddit.co...a_stylesavemwo/
Penny Arcade Article - http://penny-arcade....-in-open-revolt
Mittani Article - Failure to communicate - http://themittani.co...ure-communicate
Loaded Dice Blog - http://loadeddicecas...ior-online.html
PGI/IGP Revelations? Reddit Link - http://www.reddit.co...blame_for_this/
Peiper's Truth Thread - http://www.nogutsnog...opic,828.0.html
Russ's Apology Feedback thread - http://mwomercs.com/...eedback-thread/
Now-Locked 3rd Person View Feedback Thread - http://mwomercs.com/...-view-feedback/
Original 3rd Person View Backlash Thread - November 2012 http://mwomercs.com/...rd-person-view/

Edited by Mista Whizzard, 18 September 2013 - 05:39 AM.
wordfilter circumvention

#2 DisasterMedic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

Hi, as it would have it, the very thing you seek is found within this thread entitled #saveMWO

We're on our third meeting, believe it or not.

Edited by DisasterMedic, 21 August 2013 - 07:04 AM.

#3 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:13 AM

Join us at tomorrow's meeting for #saveMWO... we've definitely talked about doing what you're proposing, however that conversation doesn't belong on these forums as it could be construed as trying to intentionally crash MWO's systems, which is against CoCs.

Also, it's better that we all coordinate efforts together.

#4 Mista Whizzard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 196 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:28 AM

I do not disrespect the #savemwo initiative - nor do I wish you to cease your efforts in this or any other ideas that you have had. I just want to make it happen. Help me. Incorporate this into your plans.

Unfortunately, I cannot attend your meeting due to the timezone differences. Your initiative appears good, but unfortunately is representative of figures that could be written of as fictitious. What I am proposing is to actually get the numbers coordinated on server at one time to provide some REAL data to PGI/IGP.

As for intentionally crashing systems? lol, that would certainly serve its purpose if we united all the disgruntled customers and their servers crashed, but its more about showing the numbers in a way that they will understand, and cannot ignore.

Whiz.

#5 Marineballer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hauptmann
  • Hauptmann
  • 470 posts
  • LocationMünchen, Deutschland

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:40 AM

I am on board!!!

#6 Stalkerr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 404 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:48 AM

If we wanted to be fictitious, we would claim much bigger numbers than we have. We've got what we've got.

I would like to include more than just North America in #saveMWO, but that's up to you all to coordinate EU/Oceania meetings. The motivated coordinators right now are in NA timezones.

What you are proposing would require an immense number of people to both be concerned about this game and want to do something about it. I'm afraid to get the impact you are hoping for this would have had to happen a few months ago, however we'll be happy to float the idea in the saveMWO community to see what the level of interest is.

#7 grayson marik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 August 2013 - 07:54 AM

if a reasonable time and date is given ( euro here ), I will propose my unit members and the players of ISW to participate.

#8 Awacs85

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:05 AM

I am on board!!!

#9 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:12 AM

you can count on me, just call me. as you know i am unemployed (unit wise^^) currently, but i will spread the word among some friends. gl, Wizz

btw i´m still on the DHB server from time to time, and will be more frequently. See you dirtside

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 21 August 2013 - 08:15 AM.

#10 MajorOne

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:29 AM

Maybe for us noobs you could be a little more clear on about your dissapointments with the game, as when game is released, why shouldn't I buy it? Thanks for any and all intelligence on the matter.

#11 sgt scout

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

As the Goons have said, they started the #savemwo# thing a few weeks ago and are on there third meeting. What you are planning will be real tough to pull off considering time zones and the lack of players that even bother loading up mwo. #savemwo# claim to represent 5000+ players. I am on that list.

The only way i see this working is if you Mista Whizzard, attend the third town hall discussion as you'll have access to alot of unit leaders each with many X - members that they might be able to round up for this protest/stance/movement.

I suggest making it to the townhall discussion to secure the slight chance of this thing working.

#12 seymourbalzac

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 95 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:42 AM

I'm down.

#13 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

View PostMajorOne, on 21 August 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

Maybe for us noobs you could be a little more clear on about your dissapointments with the game, as when game is released, why shouldn't I buy it? Thanks for any and all intelligence on the matter.

this is more about those things we funded. the things we invested money, endless arguments, ideas and thus a lot of precious time in. based upon illusion. promises, visions, designplans, a future picture of the game that has been put into our minds and made us willingly fund the start of development in the early days of MWO...

too much of that has been broken, removed and/or developed TOTALLY contrary, and many many of those who gave PGI a headstart are more than just disappointed,including me. i am close to accept the fact, that this will not become the MW game i was looking for,looking forward to. and just play it as what it is - an arcade shooting orgy in which the world of battletech is cosmetic to have a franchise with a name behind it.

adding aimbots to the game was the final blast. it made me almost HATE the game instantly, and it clearly shows where this game is heading. prepare for "armactivator, epic level: enhances arm angle 10%" and similar stuff next year...

but i´ll take the chance with any efford of players like me who start attempts for "the last resistance". the sad part is, we told PGI during closed beta, that they´d drive off many of us, those who grew up with the franchise. they simply ignored it,and that tells me,they don´t care for us,they only cared for the funds.

i hope i am wrong, but we can only find out if our voices become one, so i support wizzards idea.

edited for typos

Edited by Adrienne Vorton, 21 August 2013 - 09:08 AM.

#14 sgt scout

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:04 AM

View PostMajorOne, on 21 August 2013 - 08:29 AM, said:

To summarise. PGI have implemented systems that where not wanted throughout the production of the game. These include Ghost heat and 3rd person view being in the same game queue as first person.
They also made some terrible ballance changes. SRM'S where useless for 6-7 months which was unacceptably to long. This lead to no hard counter to sniping gameplay. They also used an inertia inducing system in a attempt to balance pop tarting. (Jump jets and PPC's or guass).

There are band aid solutions to many of the games systems that are not needed and affect other aspects of gameplay further braking more mechanics which then led to more band aid solutions to be implemented resulting in the miss hap of confusing and unnecessary systems we have to date.

These are some of the reasons and the most memorably massive F ups of the development i have seen and care to remember.
Other people may have there own reasons but it all boils down to PGI disregarding there most loyal fans of the franchise and all those that helped fund the game you "noobs" are playing today.

At first glance it may seem there's lots of options in mech chassis and what weapons to take but if you happened to gather 11 of your pals together and drop against one of the better units it will become apparent that there is only really one choice of weapon you will want to outfit the majority of your unit, just to be able to have a fighting chance.

We have tried to voice our concerns for a long time through polls and discussions and PGI has done the opposite of both what we, the community wanted and what PGI has said will not be in the game when they where selling us all founders packages.

#15 Pugnax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 108 posts
  • LocationSometimes Canada

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:17 AM

I don't even know how many people are upset with the direction of the game at this time. Obviously those who are unhappy are also the most outspoken.

All this talk of sit-in and revolution is a bit pompous, in the end you will just be hurting the game developer and hurting the chances that MWO has of staying afloat in a tough F2P market. If we lose the only MWO game currently in development I will be much more sore than I am from 3PV implementation (which is not at all because it is balanced quite well).

#16 ragbasti

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:38 AM

All logging in at the same time would probably count as a planned DDOS attack. Rather a 2 dayboycott of the game would probably have more of an impact. This is also alot easier to plan with all the different timezones.

#17 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 21 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

A couple of years ago we were ELATED that another MW game was in the works and we were very releived to know that it was not going to be a console pos like MA.

During closed beta, the formus were also closed and used only by the closed beta players, 99.9% of us supported this game even though the F2P model was controversial.

Now, with the forums open to all the ranting potato heads on earth, we have a mutiny by some players that have deluded themselves into thinking that insulting PGI's people and threatening to stage some lame sit in or meeting will somehow give them a positive working relationship with the devs and make changes to PGI / IGP's business venture lol.

Edited by LakeDaemon, 21 August 2013 - 09:44 AM.

#18 Moku

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,257 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

These ranting potato heads actually play the game and read what the developers write. If they gave you a rotten potato instead of a good potato would you be happy and just take it? It's not really a mutiny. The vocal players care about the game and will continue to point out things we see as major problems. The ones that decide to quit will leave for good and not look back.

#19 sgt scout

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:33 AM

Im not really saying i agree with the approach people are taking. I dont take part in any of the above but hope some good will come of it. I do think though that the above statement holds more truth in what is actually the result of this movement and that we are doing more harm than good.

I don't want MWO to fail and i still find myself playing a couple of games a week. It is just a shame that PGI has left those they have lied to time and time again no other way of being heard.

Release is coming, many players have left. Many new have joined. We will see what happens to the game 6 months after release and how much revenue new players may bring.

#20 Mista Whizzard

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 196 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:37 PM

View Postsgt scout, on 21 August 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

As the Goons have said, they started the #savemwo# thing a few weeks ago and are on there third meeting. What you are planning will be real tough to pull off considering time zones and the lack of players that even bother loading up mwo. #savemwo# claim to represent 5000+ players. I am on that list.

The only way i see this working is if you Mista Whizzard, attend the third town hall discussion as you'll have access to alot of unit leaders each with many X - members that they might be able to round up for this protest/stance/movement.

I suggest making it to the townhall discussion to secure the slight chance of this thing working.

Indeed, I will endevour to attend this meeting, and hope to be granted the floor for a short time, as we absolutely need the support of those already involved.

Again, I respect what #savemwo is about, but we need to PROOVE that those 5000+ people that #saveMWO represent (and many, many more) actually exist, and care enough about the issues at hand to make a stand as a community. This is why it is imperative we contact all those who have already left the game - to demonstrate the true size of the customer base that have been ignored since the beginning of open beta.

I know to some this seems to be an impossible feat to acheive, but we have enough time, and together we have the resources to make it happen.

I'm at work atm, more on this later.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users