L&d: Act Ii, Rainbow Rising Rp Ooc

Fiction

447 replies to this topic

#21 RogueSpear

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts
  • LocationOn the dim edges of the map labelled only: Here be Urbanmechs.

Posted 24 August 2013 - 06:35 PM

I don't think he took it personally, I think he was just saying 'If you join I won't put up with that kind of behaviour so knock it off.'
I've just arrived in Phoenix, so my time will be rocky over the next couple days. Got some notes written on the flights, so when I get a chance around hanging with family I'll type 'em up and knock out Jack's bio and first post. Main thing is gonna be working on exactly what injuries Jack sustained.
Query: Thom, you mentioned Jack's 'lance,' I only recall him owning the Urbie and Jager at the moment? Or have I forgotten about something...Or did I gain some presents B)
As for getting away with murder, oh yeah. Jack excels at that. I've talked some stuff around Thom already - just need the chance to do it. I wonder if I can get those Urbie upgrades soon...

#22 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 24 August 2013 - 08:36 PM

i really need to read what i write before posting, that sounded more hostile than it did in my head.

#23 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSearounders Tavern, Port St. Williams, Coventry

Posted 25 August 2013 - 01:46 AM

View PostGammadin, on 24 August 2013 - 11:50 AM, said:

Name: Arron Harold Baxa
Callsign: Roman
Date of Birth: 1st January, 3009.
Current Mech: Broken Hermes II (The Frumentarii)
House Affiliation: O'reilly
Physical Description: 5'9, 174 Lbs. Hazel eyes, Chestnut hair.

Notable equipment: Arron Harold Baxa doesn't own much aside from his mech, however sense gaining the “Roman” nickname from Bad Fight Magazine he has paid to have a plume of crimsion dyed horse hair attached to his neuro helmet.

Past History: The son of a patrictian (noble) house of the Marion Hegemony, Arron wanted for nothing as a child. As a member of the elite social class of the bandit kingdom Arron's education was provided for by the best tutors his father could buy, blackmail, or enslave. Though groomed to assume his father's seat in the Marion Senate, Arron's fascination with Battlemechs led him to follow in his fathers footsteps, joining one of the many “Legions” that raided nearby worlds for plunder and slaves.

Piloting a salvaged Hermes II gifted to him by his father Arron performed well as a raider, using the speed of his Hermes II to lead a heavy lance of Cannopian Highlanders into an ambush during a slave raid on Vixen, and acting as part of a rear guard during a “smash and grab” against House Mairk at Lahti.

Unfortunately for the young marauder soon found him self in exile after his father was accused of conspiring against the throne. His home and title seized Baxa made his way to the gladiator world in hopes of amassing enough wealth to reclaim his birthright.

Solaris VII was unkind to the outcast patrician, who quickly learned of the negative bias and hate the periphery received from the gladiator stables. Unable to afford even rudimentary housing for both himself and his mech Arron began to live out of his rented mech bay. Falling into a rut the young man learned that the only way to “get a break” was to make the break yourself. Returning to the byzantine politics he was taught as a youth Baxa murdered another warrior and took his place in televised match in the dreaded Scrap Yard arena of the Solaris Reach.

During the time skip:

After his initial victory in the Scrap Yard, Baxa's star began to rise as “underground” press began to cover the newly christened “Ruthless Roman”. In his second, and only other match to date, Baxa killed his opponent when his auto cannon rounds tore through the opposing Phoenix Hawk's cockpit.. Though the Solaris Gaming Commission found in Baxa favor during the investigation into the death. The damage dealt to his Hermes II may cause the young warrior to lose all that he has gained.

Deep: Proud of his status as a Patrician, despite his “temporary” exile, Arron Baxa has had a diffucult time adjusting to the Solaris VII and his new social rank. Though the original loathing he received due to his back ground has been replaced with a grudging respect for his recent accomplishments his ties to the Marion Hegemony and the critical condition of his Battlemech have prevented Baxa from receiving an invitation to any of the major or minor stables. On a world were only one can reign as champion, Arron has quickly found that a predator with out a pack will starve.

You know I'm not going to say no to that. I'm a Baxa fanboi!

View PostRogueSpear, on 24 August 2013 - 06:35 PM, said:

I don't think he took it personally, I think he was just saying 'If you join I won't put up with that kind of behaviour so knock it off.'
I've just arrived in Phoenix, so my time will be rocky over the next couple days. Got some notes written on the flights, so when I get a chance around hanging with family I'll type 'em up and knock out Jack's bio and first post. Main thing is gonna be working on exactly what injuries Jack sustained.
Query: Thom, you mentioned Jack's 'lance,' I only recall him owning the Urbie and Jager at the moment? Or have I forgotten about something...Or did I gain some presents :)
As for getting away with murder, oh yeah. Jack excels at that. I've talked some stuff around Thom already - just need the chance to do it. I wonder if I can get those Urbie upgrades soon...

You forgot that Champion and you had a Hornet, but sold it, remember?

As to the 80ton Urbie with the wrecking ball, ah... Hell no!

In my one post I mentioned Von Bremen heading your way to welcome you back, but he's also got messages for you. An old prospector looking type by the name of Simon Hennith has recently been stopping by the stable looking for you. He says it's important that he speaks to you at once. But since it's the Stables policy not to disclose your location to random undesirables, they told him to p!ssoff. But despite that, every day the man stops by like clockwork at 9am.

You got your present.

As for injuries, I'd say some broken bones for sure with some internal bleeding. But during your stay they ran tests on you and found some problems with ________. So you ended up staying there for a longer period as they ran even more test and poked and prodded you. Something like that just happened to the RL Moma Rose.

Welcome back to the States! Hope you don't get shot. Kindergarteners taking pistols to school? *facepalm*

#24 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 06:20 AM

I'd less forgotten about the Champion than thought it was too shot up to actually consider it a mech xP
I'll need to get Dan and Rick (Mac willing) working on the Zeusion...
That wrecking ball Urbie was 30t, thank you very much :)

Broken bones? Hmmm. I'll chat that over with Doctor Dude. Don't want to slap Jack with an injury that stops him fighting/ignore something that should. He definitely had a concussion, whiplash, 90% bruises, that kind of thing. I was thinking the crash couch mebbe kept him enough in place that he didn't break anything, but he ended up with internal injuries from the kinetics of the situation - and seatbelt!

Thanks for the welcome! What's this about armed kindergarteners?

#25 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

First week or day of school, some kindergartener took a pistol to school in his backpack. Damned thing went off when he tossed his pack upon his desk and if fell off onto the floor.

Yes the Champ is shot up to a ridiculous state, but it's still taking up space.

With 3030's medicine I'm sure that any seriously broken bones would be mended within the time that has past.

#26 cmopatrick

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
  • Locationa 45 tonner on patrol...

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

@Thom:

Does your lack of further followup reflect approval to proceed with writing a post?

#27 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

Oh No Pat that was not the case, I was just half asleep and totally overlooked it. Was running behind and trying to get ready to go to that place I'm an indentured servant to so I missed it. Just like right now I should be getting ready and I'm putting it off to the last minute.

Patrick, I always like your characters, and I believe your writing style is sometimes a breath of fresh air. But after some consideration I'm worried that you will not be happy playing in here because of changes made to your character and in the long run of possible tension when it comes to the other players.

And I rather have you happily reading this instead of playing through the motions of having a good time while playing. I hate saying this, but in this case I fell like I gotta say 'no.' Super-sorry homie.

#28 cmopatrick

• 1,026 posts
  • Locationa 45 tonner on patrol...

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:29 PM

No problem, sir; its good I didn't post one, then.

#29 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 09:02 PM

After much delay:

Name: Mad Jack Churchill. Born Hans James Brackon-Steiner of Caledonia.
Callsign: Vicious. Originally followed by 'B*stard' after the most common description of the vitriolic Mechwarrior, it was shortened when it caused confusion on the 'comms.
DOB/Age: 25th March 2983, 48 years
Current Mechs: UM-R60 Urbanmech “Taysider” and a modified JM6-S Jagermech “Steel Lady” which totes quad AC2s and ten tonnes of armour. Also owns a devastated xxx-xx Champion.
House Affiliation: Nominally House Steiner, but it varies from day to day. He seeks to 'redeem' himself when hungover and guiltridden, but seeks revenge for what he sees as the 'unfair' treatment he received from his family.
Military History: Trained at NAIS, he graduated at the bottom of his class, though not for lack of talent. The young noble happily frittered away his time on drink, whores and gambling, attending classes only when forced to. Upon graduation, he was pressed into service in the LCAF, transferring from unit to unit, eventually being dishonourably discharged.
Physical Description: Older man with receding black hair and a drooping walrus moustache. He has the appearance of a heavy drinker (Which he is), and is waddling to fat, but the soft coating belies the heavy muscles honed by thirty years of bar fights and assorted other petty violences. His clothing is low quality, ragged and spotted with grease and stains, in a variety of styles. They are clearly worn for comfort and cleaned at convenience.
Open Background: A bitter, angry mercenary down on his luck, 'Mad' Jack Churchill has been floating around the Inner Sphere and periphery for nearly 25 years. He's gained a reputation as a psychotic drunk, and hence earned the 'Mad' part of his moniker, Mad Jack (Little do they know, he chose the name Jack Churchill to gain the nickname). Originally piloting a JM6-S Jagermech, after nearly losing the 'mech in a brutal firefight against the LCAF Hans James Brackon-Steiner once served he has spent the last ten years brooding in his cups about revenge more and more, piloting an UM-R60 Urbanmech and gained a feared, if little spread, reputation as a devastating urban combat fighter with a lifetime of dark fury rising to the fore, his fierce intellect coupling with his native talent, professional training and experience to ambush, harass, and rubble his current enemy. His R-60's AC-10 is famed for always being on target, and equally famed for refusing to die regardless of how much return fire Mad Jack inevitably fails to dodge in his furious, bloodthirsty rage.
Deep Background: A disinherited and banished son of minor Lyran nobility, he is the offspring of a lower tier Steiner military officer and an Isle of Skye merchant's daughter. Lazy, hot tempered and exceedingly arbitrary in his decision making processes, he was a constant disappointment to his parents. Disinherited following his dishonourable discharge from the LCAF, he stole his father's Jagermech and ran. With nothing to his name but the clothes on his back, the Jagermech and it's ammo, he joined on with the first MercCorp offering him a ticket off planet. He has not returned to the Isle of Skye Federation in 25 years...until today. After p*ssing off the wrong person, once again, he jumped on the first ship heading out of Davion space - realizing only too late where he was going. But 20 years have passed since the last bounty hunter tried to chase him down for his father's mech, and Solaris VII is famous for it's money making potential...
On Solaris VII: Jack quite quickly made a name for himself, unfortunately not a good one. After destroying a news van and botching the apology Jack has often found himself as the object of ridicule – but rarely to his face. Often at loggerheads with Randolf von Bremen, the two have developed something approaching a grudging respect. The kind of grudging respect only two seasoned cheaters could have: Both need the other strong for their own purposes. That was what it meant to be used by a friend, that they would want the use to make you stronger, not weaker.
Bizarrely making Von Bremen one of the closest friends Jack had on Solaris. His only other friends were his technician, Dan Abnett and his fellow mechwarrior DeMarkus Frankfurt. The scruffy Warlockian had struck a chord with the former Caledonian pirate, and several hours had been whiled away drinking in his hospital room until the nurses caught them talking {Scrap}, most of it mech or woman related, and kicked Frankfurt out. He also received a couple of visits from Bertie Walker and his daughter Heather – with considerably less alcohol.
It was his last match that had put him in hospital. Nearly miraculously remaining unscathed for the duration of the match despite the level of punishment being inflicted on Taysider, the final devastating ram action finally did him in. The force of the impact had slammed the cockpit into the core of the mech, pulverising the internal structure – and Jack. Suffering from whiplash, cracked ribs, a dislocated shoulder and multiple lacerations and burns, the fat pirate had still been chortling when the EMTs put him under. A one thousand C-Bill bounty remains unclaimed for any picts featuring the look on his victims face.
During his recovery, Dan Abnett had recruited Rick “Mop Boy” xxx as a second technician for Jack. Between the pair of them they had finished the repairs on Steel Lady, bringing the venerable battlemech back to full working order for the first time in over a quarter century. With Rick’s aid, replacement parts for Taysider had finally been acquired and the two were in the agonizing process of rebuilding the Urbie from the ground up.

Lemme know if I missed anything. Should have time to write tomorrow as I'll be in the car for 7 hours, so seriously. Suggestions welcome ;)
At a minimum, expect a Jack reentry post.

#30 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

Note: this character is a logical extreme, and the odds of a situation like his is slim to none. Arcade warrior turned mechwarrior anyone?

hopefully this isn't too horrible.

Name: Takeo Smith (what, expect an asian last name?)

Call sign: Taki (in game) Arcade (what will actually be used in the RP if accepted.)

Date of Birth/Age: June 3113 19 years old

Current Mech: (i marikified a panther. because i question the use of ppcs in an arena setting.)

This was basically salvaged by steiner from kurita, then salvaged by marik from steiner, where it had the ppc replaced, then eventually sent to solaris.

Panther PNT-8M

Mass: 35 tons
Tech Base: Inner Sphere
Chassis Config: Biped
Rules Level: Introductory
Era: Age of War/Star League
Tech Rating/Era Availability: D/C-E-D
Production Year: 2759
Cost: 2,343,960 C-Bills
Battle Value: 726

Chassis: Alshain 56-Carrier
Power Plant: Hermes 140 Fusion Engine
Walking Speed: 43.2 km/h
Maximum Speed: 64.8 km/h
Jump Jets: Lexington Lifters
Jump Capacity: 120 meters
Armor: Maximillian 42 Standard Armor
Armament:
1 Magna Mk III Large Laser
1 Harpoon-6 SRM-6
Manufacturer: Alshain Weapons
Primary Factory: Alshain
Communications System: Sipher CommCon CSU-4
Targeting and Tracking System: Cat's Eyes 5

================================================================================
Equipment Type Rating Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Internal Structure: Standard 58 points 3.50
Engine: Fusion Engine 140 5.00
Walking MP: 4
Running MP: 6
Jumping MP: 4 Standard
Jump Jet Locations: 2 LL, 2 RL 2.00
Heat Sinks: Single Heat Sink 14 4.00
Heat Sink Locations: 5 LT, 4 RT
Gyro: Standard 2.00
Cockpit: Standard 3.00
Actuators: L: SH+UA+LA+H R: SH+UA+LA+H
Armor: Standard Armor AV - 104 6.50

Internal Armor
Structure Factor
Head 3 9
Center Torso 11 14
Center Torso (rear) 7
L/R Torso 8 10
L/R Torso (rear) 5
L/R Arm 6 10
L/R Leg 8 12

================================================================================
Equipment Location Heat Critical Mass
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SRM-6 CT 4 2 3.00
Large Laser RA 8 2 5.00
@SRM-6 (15) RT - 1 1.00
Free Critical Slots: 29

BattleForce Statistics
MV S (+0) M (+2) L (+4) E (+6) Wt. Ov Armor: 3 Points: 7
4j 2 2 0 0 1 0 Structure: 3
Special Abilities: SRCH, ES, SEAL, SOA

House Affiliation: Technically Steiner or Marik. Born in Montenegro, Solaris City, Solaris VII

Military History: no official training. Roughly 6400 hours of simulator time over the course of 9 years at a local arcade. 4987/1323/90 W/L/D (see background for reasoning on how this works.)

Physical Description: 5;8" Stocky, about 140 pounds. fit, but not muscular. (high metabolism.) shoulder length dark red hair. (you know that fake ultra dark red hair people sometimes have (natasha kerensky,) that but natural.) (really fun part is both his parents are brunettes. his dad wonders sometimes...)

Open Background: Takeo was born and raised to a middle class family in montenegro, solaris city. His father was a head mechanic for the factory arena, helping fix the damage (what could be fixed) from each match while simultaneously keeping the arena's electronics working. His mother was a secretary to one of the primary financial backers for the arena. a noble named Marian Halas. Takeo grew up normally with but one unusual feature, his blood red hair. People never payed attention to it though. Around the age 10 he started going to a local bar around the corner from his house owned by a friend of his father. The bar had an attached arcade so kids could play while the parents were doing there thing. Since the owner knew him, he was allowed to play in the mech simulators (24 pods) as long as he could prove he had his homework done and kept his grades up. over the course of nine years he spent over 6400 hours of sim time. This continued all throughout middle and high school. (mother was pissed he never got a girlfriend, though he does have a couple female friends (and male ones as well) who hang around the arcade as well.). He consistently ranked in the top 25% of the class, however he rarely even bothered to open a book, let alone study. He passed his high school ranked 74/673.

About 2 weeks after graduating, he happened to overhear a drunk stable jock from the Black Hills region of the city. He was there celebrating a recent win at the Factory. He was claiming to one of the barmaids (no doubt trying to get into her pants/skirt/lederhosen/etc.) that he could beat anyone they could find in the simulators they had there. Takeo, being a rather brash teenager, just responded "i doubt it". This naturally pissed off the jock. Before the evening was out, there was a bet going on. in one week it would be takeo vs the jock. To sweeten the pot, and because said pilot was certain he would win, signed a contract stating that if Takeo won, he would be entitled to one light or medium mech fully stocked with ammo and in decent shape courtesy of his father, the stable owner. it was co-signed by said stable owner. If Takeo lost however, the bar owner would make certain he was banned from the simulators in the arcade for life.

The bartender even advertised it, and since the pilot was such a big shot (least for the little neighborhood) the local news showed up to stream the event (not during prime time but you get the point.)

THe match was set for one week later. The rules were simple, random map, and for takeo, a medium or light mech. and it was last man standing. The jock picked an ZEU-65 Zeus. Takeo picked a modified Panther. he hoped the mobility and sniping ability of the panther would be enough to take down the zeus, but acknowledged that it would basically come down to the map. (if it is an open plain his options are DFA or go home) As luck would happen, it picked a canyon map. This left Takeo with both the mobility and home court advantages. He knew every twist and turn of that network of cliffs and canyons. Over the course of the next 2 hours, he whittled and picked away at the zues. he couldn't let himself get more than a volley off before scurrying back into cover to avoid the return fire. Eventually, SRM ammo depleted and his armor basically gone on his left side. he scored a critical hit on the zeus's remaining autocannon ammunition, destroying the mech. Faced with a signed contract, there was little the opposition could do besides honor it, leaving Takeo the proud owner of a panther battlemech, which he dubbed the PNT-8M "Manta Ray" Panther. He then decided to hire himself out to the stables, as his parent's salary was not enough to pay for a battlemech. why he joined a steiner one, or why they wanted him, he doesn't know.

Deep Background: 2 things. one, Takeo's father is not his biological father, but rather his Mother's boss. his mother slept with her boss to secure his father's promotion. Due to this he spent several hours at the arcade each day so he would get home after his father left for work, thereby avoiding all the screaming (they started fighting after Takeo's features didn't match either of theirs before getting into a ton of other arguments, they didn't divorce for takeo's sake (plus his 3 younger siblings who are of his father's genetics aka half siblings.)). he also tends to dip into bouts of depression, though they are not severe. (trust me, i can write depression. I know the feeling...)

two, he suffers from a condition (could not find a name) where he has issues differentiating between a simulator and real mech fighting. (aka he will treat an actual match like a simulator run. it is how he doesn't panic despite not having piloted a mech before)

so whatcha guys think?

i think i am going to scrap this idea and try again.

Edited by dal10, 28 August 2013 - 08:14 AM.

#31 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:26 AM

I...I have so many problems with that bio. No offence Dal. Will elaborate when I have consistent internet sometime this evening

#32 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostRogueSpear, on 27 August 2013 - 08:26 AM, said:

I...I have so many problems with that bio. No offence Dal. Will elaborate when I have consistent internet sometime this evening

none taken, it was a random idea i had at 2 am. if there weren't issues i would be amazed

plot holes i could find.
why someone would bet a mech on a simulator match.
why a stable would want someone with no real combat experience.
Where a bar got 24 military grade simulator pods. (minor scruple, if a normal civilian could get them anywhere it would be solaris.)

as a clarification, by the difficulty separating reality from fantasy issue. he intellectually knows he could indeed die in the arena. the thing is he hasn't emotionally acknowledged it.

example. we all know that one day we will die. but when you have a near death experience, aka you probably should be dead. you fully realize just how mortal you are. as such, you tend to view life differently.

whenever he is in a dangerous spot, he basically pretends that the enemy are just pixels on a screen, and nothing bad will happen. it is a coping mechanism. otherwise he would freeze in the arena. (only thing i could think of to make this character idea work.

this probably matches at least some of the issues. though there are probably more, this is just all i saw at a quick glance when i am not half delirious from lack of sleep.

my biggest issue is that i worked backwards from a character design I was rereading threads of ambition yesterday. some minor characters outfitted with captured st. ives gear were nicknamed the arcade rangers. because while they had no actual combat training they were great at piloting mechs due to their simulator experience at the local arcade. i based my character idea off that.

so basically i completely ignored derek's guide....

Edited by dal10, 27 August 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#33 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

Addressed most of my concerns. The other main one is the arcade sims use joysticks and d pads, same way we play MW. Actually piloting a mech requires physical fitness, training, neurohelmet, etc. Your kid has none of that.
Besides, that's not a logical extreme :)
I have noticed you tend to only play characters at the extreme end of some scale. Try playing a character radically different to what you normally write. In this case, that'd be more towards the middle. My writing drastically improved when I went from writing aryan (or ginger) supermen with perfect ideals and morality, etc and wrote Mad Jack instead. His entire character concept, from start to end was 'What's something I know that is somewhere around the polar opposite of what I normally write.'
Most issues that tend to arise with your chars tend to be extreme actions that just seem like far too much or just don't fit, writing a more standardized character might help deter that in future.
But I'm knackered as well, so pinch of salt all round. Whee, road trip.

#34 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 10:02 PM

i would argue the physical fitness part. it is the same way it takes physical fitness driving a car. a 10 meter tall car that walks on 2 legs.

and by simulator i was thinking more along the lines of the tesla pods than anything.

i think you kind of hit the side of the nail on the last bit. my characters at least from my point of view, basically take one piece of personality and use solely that as their entire mind set.
Janus - Naivety
Arc - redemption
Andre - Revenge or rage, either works
Kasuga - kinda doesn't fit, but she is hurting on the inside more than anything. (really hard to express through writing, at least this early)
Takeo - not sure how to categorize this in a single word. but he is always running from something. whether stress, a bully, or his parents constant arguments.
lets just ignore my tank crew, i am not really sure what i was trying there.

define extreme actions. (well besides andre's suicidal charging everywhere, but yeah...)

other than that you are right.

now to figure out how to write normal...

Edited by dal10, 28 August 2013 - 07:19 AM.

#35 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:34 PM

Threads of Ambition and The Killing Fields, good books. I love the Hustaing Warriors and Arcade Rangers. Too bad Sarna is lacking in details on the unit. :)

#36 RogueSpear

• Legendary Founder
  • 2,018 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 07:57 AM

Piloting a mech isn't as simple as driving a car - regardless, look at a Formula 1 driver. Those guys are without exception, ripped.
However piloting a mech seems to require much more physical fitness, more like piloting a plane than driving a car. Everything I've seen claims that mechwarriors are built and tend to be martial artists (Trains balance, etc). I'd gotten the impression it was required.

Characters with only one emotion end up being very flat and one dimensional. Even Mad Jack, the 'Always angry, all the time guy,' is more than happy to engage in blatant shenanigans and have a laugh.
Extreme actions being anything that iRL is unlikely to occur/would come with hefty consequences. Example, in Midale your character spent most of her intro being groped and fighting. IIRC, that kind of incident would come with a lot heftier consequences than a pat on the back from an old lady and a job offer.
It is fiction, you can get away with a lot you couldn't otherwise. You do however need to try not snap your reader's suspension of disbelief as much as possible. Which you seem to need some practice with :P

#37 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:07 AM

this would be true.

i see your point.

#38 dal10

• Survivor
  • 4,525 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 08:43 AM

i think i might make a davion. that is about as anti-extreme as you can get, especially if they are not some backstabbing noble.

#39 Thom Frankfurt

• 2,741 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

View Postdal10, on 28 August 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

i think i might make a davion. that is about as anti-extreme as you can get, especially if they are not some backstabbing noble.

But I thought they all were backstabbing nobles, or flunkies that hang out at ren fairs...*dodges thrown pottery*

#40 Listless Nomad

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,573 posts
  • LocationElsewhere

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

*throws basket full of pottery*

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users