Screenshot: Virus Jenner

15 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:07 PM

Greetings MechWarriors!

We wanted to show you guys the new virus pattern, and got this great screenshot from our testing department! I had a lot of requests for screens of the new one, and many of us already had this as a desktop, so we figured you might like it too. Come 'catch the virus' as I have been told :D

We can't wait to see what crazy looks you can all make with this new camo.

Posted Image

If you have ideas for screenshots you'd like to see, let us know!

Cheers, The MechWarrior Online Team

#2 AvatarofWhat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 591 posts
  • LocationAntares

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:10 PM

Hey guys, look a distraction! Buy MC now!

#3 3rdworld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:16 PM

I would buy more camo & colors if you would lower the price. I want a dark black but I am not going to pay $5.60 for it.

#4 PoLaR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 620 posts
  • LocationEast Bay

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

Virus looks awesome in certain colors. I just painted my Kintaro-19 In virus.

Edit:

Posted Image

Edited by PoLaR, 22 August 2013 - 01:33 PM.

#5 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:28 PM

Thanks for the excellent communication on paint jobs =P

#6 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:30 PM

Looks great if you color it with red, yellow and black looks like a king (or milk) snake. That being said, yes colors are insanely over priced (Titanium white for 1000MC for example, little more and you can just buy a damn Death's Knell.)

#7 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:39 PM

/golfclap

How about a Statement how you want to do better communication in the future?

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 22 August 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

Looks great if you color it with red, yellow and black looks like a king (or milk) snake. That being said, yes colors are insanely over priced (Titanium white for 1000MC for example, little more and you can just buy a damn Death's Knell.)

Funny how Titanium White gives more bang for the buck than the TDK.

Edited by John McFianna, 22 August 2013 - 01:41 PM.

#8 Bracchus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 125 posts
  • LocationThe cold north of Sweden

Posted 22 August 2013 - 02:22 PM

I could never paint my mechs in anything as gnarly as that. Looks like something belonging in a cartoon. I like my mechs to at least look slightly like if they were in a military organization. Sadly there are few such patterns and those are like all the nice colors way to expensive. But love to see them on the battlefield, hard to hide when you look like a neon sign B)

#9 Tsunamisan

• 1,568 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 03:53 PM

For the price if they gave it to all mech in the weight class when you bought it then it would be worth the price. As it stands the colors and camo's just cost too much. Not going to spend $50 just to camo a set of mechs. Now if the Camo's had colors applied to them that were also unlocked at the same time of purchase it would be worth it. But buying a camo then having to also buy individual colors is not plus there arent any real options to buy colors with cbills its all MC except like 65 base colors

View PostBracchus, on 22 August 2013 - 02:22 PM, said:

I could never paint my mechs in anything as gnarly as that. Looks like something belonging in a cartoon. I like my mechs to at least look slightly like if they were in a military organization. Sadly there are few such patterns and those are like all the nice colors way to expensive. But love to see them on the battlefield, hard to hide when you look like a neon sign B)

Those colors were just to show off the pattern i am sure.

#10 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:00 PM

View Post3rdworld, on 22 August 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

I would buy more camo & colors if you would lower the price. I want a dark black but I am not going to pay $5.60 for it.

PGI has sales regularly, if you have the patience. I have not bought a pattern or color that wasn't on sale yet.

#11 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

Look at how pretty the new virus skin is, and now that 3PV is in, you can enjoy it even more in a match while your popping in and out of your periscope.

Way to go PGI. B)

Edited by Coralld, 22 August 2013 - 05:25 PM.

#12 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:39 PM

Cool I'll buy this and support you guys. Not.

#13 Bracchus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 125 posts
  • LocationThe cold north of Sweden

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:53 PM

View PostTsunamisan, on 22 August 2013 - 03:53 PM, said:

Those colors were just to show off the pattern i am sure.

Truth to be told, the pattern itself just don't say "military machine" if you ask me. More like something you find on robots in that cheap supermarket on the outskirts of town.

Edited by Bracchus, 22 August 2013 - 05:54 PM.

#14 Geck0

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

[Insert hostile anti PGI comment that I do care enough to come up with]

#15 DirePhoenix

• 1,565 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:29 PM

View PostCoralld, on 22 August 2013 - 05:23 PM, said:

Look at how pretty the new virus skin is, and now that 3PV is in, you can enjoy it even more in a match while your popping in and out of your periscope.

Way to go PGI. ;)

Well, you can look at 1/4 of it anyway. The way 3PV is implemented, you can only see the top rear quarter of your 'mech. If we were going to be able to actually look at our 'mechs in the field, we'd have a replay mode instead of 3PV.

#16 Morang

• 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:20 PM

View PostBracchus, on 22 August 2013 - 05:53 PM, said:

Truth to be told, the pattern itself just don't say "military machine" if you ask me. More like something you find on robots in that cheap supermarket on the outskirts of town.

Well, there were many strange patterns before when military experimented with them. I'm almost sure that something similar existed, though perhaps as an uniform pattern, not vehicle pattern. With a scientifical decline in the Inner Sphere after Succession Wars you can imagine some planetary militias painting their mechs in less-than-optimal fashion.

Virus pattern has some benefits as it combines larger elements (stripes) with smaller ("worms" of two colors inside those stripes), though you should carefully choose contrasting coors for both features to work. But stripes unfortunately are too regular in shape, add to this the need to carefully choose colors, and I will prefer Digital or Fractal over it.

Theoretically, of course. The game isn't in purchasable state for me, and with all recent delays and scandals I doubt it will ever become.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users