A Simple And Inexpensive Strategy For Pgi Get Players Back

58 replies to this topic

#1 Alix Stone

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:53 PM

PGI, if you want to stop the exodus of players and bring people back to the game, READ THIS, I promise you, Players (payers) will come back in droves!
1. You NEED to separate the community. Forcing people to play others that prefer to use game crutches is what is causing you to hemorrhage players. Like you said, beginners need some help with learning the game. It isn’t easy to learn the controls. This is what you need:
a. Beginner’s mode. This mode would allowed for all of the game crutches: 3PV, Arm lock, and “gas pedal” throttle. This would allow for beginners to learn how to play and control their mech. This would also be the area for the casual player that doesn’t want or care to learn how to play harder modes.
b. Normal Mode: No more 3PV. Arm lock and gas pedal remain, but now players are forced to play from inside the cockpit. This will be a great way to get new competitive players the training necessary to get use to cockpit view before they go to the next level. This is where many of the players will want to play for fun and fast games.
c. Hard Core Mode: No Arm Lock, No gas pedal, and no 3PV. The way the game was meant to be played (what we founders were told anyways, back when we started) this is the mode that not only veteran players of MWO, but players of older MechWarrior games will play. We like the difficulty of piloting a mech. We like the competiveness of the simulator. It makes it mean something to us when we win.

2. Game Lobby. Sometimes we don’t want to play against players outside of our group (clan, corp or whatever), or we want to play against specific players. Or play one on one. Or play with and against others in the same Mech class (think Solaris). We are BORED of the same old thing. We NEED verity in the game. Gamers are a spastic bunch. We get bored easy, it’s WHY we play video games. I know you’re worried about player count in public games vs. private games. It’s easy: private games don’t pay. If we need some more c-bills for the next mech or gun, we play public games, if we want to have an in-house competition, we can. If we want to go one on one with a sworn enemy to prove a point or against a friend for bragging rights, we can. They just don’t pay c-bills or experience. The point is that we can, and will have much more fun playing MWO.

PGI, you already have everything in the game to do all of this. If you do, and make a big deal about doing it, with a real apology, you will win back most of the players that have left. You will also keep many of the players on the fence about leaving. Above all else, you will increase the longevity of the game. With the current game, as it is, I would be very surprised if you are not forced to shut down the servers in less than 6 months. If you implement the above features, you will probably add 2 or more years to that estimate.

Edited by Alix Stone, 23 August 2013 - 07:20 AM.

#2 Uriah Fable

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 21 posts
  • LocationRhode Island, USA

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:05 PM

Nice, thought out post Stone....but as many others do, I fear you are wasting your breath on these guys. They have showed us time and time again, regardless of what they say , regardless of what the players want, they'll just continue to take what money they can and do what they want.

#3 Choice

• PipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 46 posts
  • LocationSAC Headquarters MidWest for Mech's

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

Doing the hardcore mode would get your Mech gamers something to do besides run out to certain spots on the maps and wait for the newbies, since most newbs gravitate to the same place. I agree a lobby system would be great. You could challenge other squads, have player made turnys, and so much more.

#4 Alix Stone

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:08 PM

View PostUriah Fable, on 22 August 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

Nice, thought out post Stone....but as many others do, I fear you are wasting your breath on these guys. They have showed us time and time again, regardless of what they say , regardless of what the players want, they'll just continue to take what money they can and do what they want.

It is my hope that recent events have opened their eyes and they realize that the community is important. We are the money after all, and if that is all that matters to them, then my above statement is still valid.

#5 Choice

• PipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

It would be nice for PGI to maybe read over some these ideas, and maybe implement said changes.

#6 James The Fox Dixon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:22 PM

I have a better idea. Ban all the players that have been in violation of the Code of Conduct on the forums. That will clear things up real quick and earn PGI players as the new players don't have to worry about immature people behaving badly.

#7 Choice

• PipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:27 PM

Lobby=Fun Hardcore=FUN

#8 Uriah Fable

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:28 PM

@James If you think it's "forum warriors" that really make the difference in MWO, you have bigger issues than what or what not PGI is doing to keep the game alive

#9 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:33 PM

[deleted content]

There are quite a few people that have expressed their opinion about 3PV, currently, and other things that PGI has done in the past that they do not agree with. In expressing their opinion, they are rude, call the developers names, etc... all in violation of the Code of Conduct that they agreed to when they agreed to beta test the game. Those people should be banned and removed from the forums.

View PostUriah Fable, on 22 August 2013 - 08:28 PM, said:

@James If you think it's "forum warriors" that really make the difference in MWO, you have bigger issues than what or what not PGI is doing to keep the game alive

Actually, the forum warriors have hurt PGI's reputation with their hatred and filth on the forums. They have not used respect or adhered to what they have agreed to in the CoC. If you want PGI to start listening and being active on the forums like they used to in closed beta then we need to have them ban these people from the forums.

Edited by miSs, 22 August 2013 - 09:13 PM.
quote clean up

#10 Alix Stone

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 22 August 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

There are quite a few people that have expressed their opinion about 3PV, currently, and other things that PGI has done in the past that they do not agree with. In expressing their opinion, they are rude, call the developers names, etc... all in violation of the Code of Conduct that they agreed to when they agreed to beta test the game. Those people should be banned and removed from the forums.

I agree that people should probably use more tact, but the problem is that PGI doesn't seem to care ether way. Many people have been asking for explanations to resent choices and direction of game play only to be ignored. I don't blame them for being mad. Remember, even though PGI makes the game, its the players who pay for the game, and if PGI completely ignores its player base, they will lose their backing and the money that goes with it. When you pay for something, you have a right to quality.

Edited by Alix Stone, 22 August 2013 - 09:25 PM.

#11 BookWyrm

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • Menig Første Klasse
  • 365 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:35 PM

Call me a crazy, paranoid, conspiracy theorist if you like, but throttle decay, arm lock, 3PV...after messing around with these they all feel like they have laid the groundwork for MWO to expand into the console space...

#12 Alix Stone

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:38 PM

View PostBookWyrm, on 22 August 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

Call me a crazy, paranoid, conspiracy theorist if you like, but throttle decay, arm lock, 3PV...after messing around with these they all feel like they have laid the groundwork for MWO to expand into the console space...

You mean "MechAssault 2" lol. Yeah, I have compared MWO to that game a few times on ML forums.

#13 Jojoyojimbi

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 22 August 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

I'm sorry but if you've got a beta of a game asking for your beta testers to invest hundreds and hundreds of real life dollars to acquire all the mechs to test it's not a beta, it's a ******* cash grab

All I see PGI doing is working on more and more mechs to pump out for fatter and fatter pockets and they continue to NOT deliver on their promised game modes and upgrades to the game, they're amateurs and have no business developing a game like this, they should be making games for iphones

#14 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

View PostAlix Stone, on 22 August 2013 - 08:35 PM, said:

I agree that people should probably use more tact, but the problem is that PGI doesn't seem to care ether way. Many people have been asking for explanations to resent choices and direction of game play only to be ignored. I don't blame them for being mad. Remember, even though PGI makes the game, its the players who pay for the game, and if PGI completely ignores its player base, they will lose there backing and the money that goes with it. When you pay for something, you have a right to quality.

You can blame PGI not listening on these people that are rude etc... to PGI. I don't blame PGI in the slightest for not listening to the majority of their players that post on the forums. They do listen when they get constructive feedback and are treated with respect. Many of the changes that were asked for in closed beta were listened to and acted upon. I'm sure you remember repair and rearm. It took people being reasonable and respectful for PGI to finally pull the plug on it until they could find a way to make it work.

View PostJojoyojimbi, on 22 August 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

I'm sorry but if you've got a beta of a game asking for your beta testers to invest hundreds and hundreds of real life dollars to acquire all the mechs to test it's not a beta, it's a ******* cash grab

All I see PGI doing is working on more and more mechs to pump out for fatter and fatter pockets and they continue to NOT deliver on their promised game modes and upgrades to the game, they're amateurs and have no business developing a game like this, they should be making games for iphones

And here we go with the disrespect towards them.

Edited by James The Fox Dixon, 22 August 2013 - 08:41 PM.

#15 Green Mamba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,659 posts
  • LocationNC,United States

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:40 PM

R

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 22 August 2013 - 08:33 PM, said:

Actually, the forum warriors have hurt PGI's reputation with their hatred and filth on the forums. They have not used respect or adhered to what they have agreed to in the CoC. If you want PGI to start listening and being active on the forums like they used to in closed beta then we need to have them ban these people from the forums.

After Duke Nukem forever ,Hurt their Reputation ? ;)

#16 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:42 PM

View PostGreen Mamba, on 22 August 2013 - 08:40 PM, said:

R

After Duke Nukem forever ,Hurt their Reputation ? :)

Yeah, let's blame PGI for finishing Duke Nukem Forever when they only worked on the port. ;)

#17 Uriah Fable

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

View PostJames The Fox Dixon, on 22 August 2013 - 08:39 PM, said:

You can blame PGI not listening on these people that are rude etc... to PGI. I don't blame PGI in the slightest for not listening to the majority of their players that post on the forums. They do listen when they get constructive feedback and are treated with respect. Many of the changes that were asked for in closed beta were listened to and acted upon. I'm sure you remember repair and rearm. It took people being reasonable and respectful for PGI to finally pull the plug on it until they could find a way to make it work.

And here we go with the disrespect towards them.

I'm not sure where you hide here on the forums, but what "majority" are you actually talking about? iF YOU MEAN THE 12 YR OLDS THAT WANT A C.O.D. TYPE GAME BECAUSE THEY CAN'T HANDLE A COMBAT SIM, THEN SURE i GUESS YOU ARE RIGHT. bUT THOSE OF US THAT HAVE FOLLOWED AND PLAYED THIS GAME SINCE THE BEGINNING, that "MAJORITY" WOULD DISAGREE

Edited by Uriah Fable, 22 August 2013 - 08:44 PM.

#18 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:45 PM

Hardcore mode sounds amazing.

Edited by armyunit, 22 August 2013 - 08:45 PM.

#19 James The Fox Dixon

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,572 posts
  • LocationEpsilon Indi

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:46 PM

View PostCorwin Maxwell, on 22 August 2013 - 08:42 PM, said:

Actually its the Sycopant White Knights like yourself that think PGI can do no wrong cuz there gods mentality that has done more harm for this game then anything else reguarding forum warriors.

No, I do not always agree with how PGI does things. Check my post history and you can definitely see that. I don't act like a child and issue death threats when I don't like something they do. I do post up constructive feedback and offer up solutions to fix the problems that are current. Some people may not agree with what I have to say, but I don't expect them too. However, I do like having my threads read about a problem subject by PGI without them ackowledging that they read it.

View PostUriah Fable, on 22 August 2013 - 08:43 PM, said:

I'm not sure where you hide here on the forums, but what "majority" are you actually talking about? iF YOU MEAN THE 12 YR OLDS THAT WANT A C.O.D. TYPE GAME BECAUSE THEY CAN'T HANDLE A COMBAT SIM, THEN SURE i GUESS YOU ARE RIGHT. bUT THOSE OF US THAT HAVE FOLLOWED AND PLAYED THIS GAME SINCE THE BEGINNING, that "MAJORITY" WOULD DISAGREE

Here we go with the disrespect towards younger people. They call that ageism by the way. If you want the game to succeed then you just did the opposite of your intention and actually pushed away future customers.

#20 Alix Stone

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 91 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

Ignore the troll guys, lets keep this post on topic please.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users