we need to prepare for goonswarms arrival in Draconis Combine Space

276 replies to this topic

#21 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:59 AM

View PostRaven Starbinder, on 13 June 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

They are very organised, so we have to start to prepare for the goonswarm merc groups when they start their push into Draconis Combine Space.

No worries guys, we currently have no intention of any such action.

#22 soulfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 320 posts
  • Locationhere

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:03 PM

Ah I think the goons thread was more interesting all those guys that had one or two posts total. Much more interesting. Wouldnt suprise me if person started this thread is a member.

#23 Harabec Weathers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons, Mars

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

And yet some of us have been registered longer than you have!

Post count and RegDate is no metric. Everyone's gotta start sometime.

#24 Odinn

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã *Outside*

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:34 PM

You said the magic words! Now Word of Lowtax and Tetatae flock are here! SQUAAAAAWK!

#25 BanditRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 336 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

View PostHarabec Weathers, on 13 June 2012 - 11:57 AM, said:

We're just here to play some internet robot fightgames and thought we'd join the faction that is both least popular and least numerous, help balance things out and make sure we've got plenty of people to play against.

Unfortunately a few people seem to have taken offense to this.

The more I read up on it the less of a problem I have with it, though I think the people that keep repeating the "Word of Lowtax" and "TENBUX" over and over get on people's nerves fast.

#26 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 13 June 2012 - 12:57 PM

View PostRaven Starbinder, on 13 June 2012 - 10:53 AM, said:

They are very organised.....

LIE!

#27 Paladin Brewer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 485 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:12 PM

As someone said, all the planets aren't even available for attack, even calling MWO a "conquest" game is a bit if a misnomer. There are no logistics, and economy seems to be more of a personal level than a house level (but I can't say for sure). It's just random dropping, no group is going to take over anything ^_^

#28 Omdra

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

We're just here to play some internet robot fightgames and thought we'd join the faction that is both least popular and least numerous, help balance things out and make sure we've got plenty of people to play against.

I for one say welcome and am looking forward to some nice cracking mech battles in the field

rgds
Om

#29 Aokarasu

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 57 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

All hail the Mittani. ;)

#30 thick mcrunfast

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

View PostAokarasu, on 13 June 2012 - 02:10 PM, said:

All hail the Mittani. ;)

May the peace of Lowtax be upon you fellow space asian brother.

#31 Aokarasu

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 57 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

View Postthick mcrunfast, on 13 June 2012 - 02:19 PM, said:

May the peace of Lowtax be upon you fellow space asian brother.

o7 from a Gnome ;)

#32 Promptus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • LocationMatamoras

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

View PostHarabec Weathers, on 13 June 2012 - 11:17 AM, said:

Posted Image

If you turn this map 180 degrees... it looks like New Eden.

#33 Raven Starbinder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 111 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

If you take it as fear mongering, so be it was not my intention. I am just saying we need to be prepared for any enemy we face that threatens the Draconis Combine. If you do not prepare no matter how much numbers you have you will always lose. Yi Soon Shin, he was out numbered 100 to one against a japanese fleet. He prepared and planned, as a result he won the day without losing a single ship.

Edited by Raven Starbinder, 13 June 2012 - 04:48 PM.

#34 Charles Martel

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationQuentin. Wish you were here Hanse?

Posted 13 June 2012 - 07:36 PM

View PostRaven Starbinder, on 13 June 2012 - 04:00 PM, said:

If you take it as fear mongering, so be it was not my intention. I am just saying we need to be prepared for any enemy we face that threatens the Draconis Combine. If you do not prepare no matter how much numbers you have you will always lose. Yi Soon Shin, he was out numbered 100 to one against a japanese fleet. He prepared and planned, as a result he won the day without losing a single ship.

I would point out that the Korean ships were much more technologically advanced. Planning is always a good thing, but a technological edge doesn't hurt, ne?

#35 Rebmac

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:13 PM

Based on this,
  • Faction Worlds – Are fought over by Faction players. These planets buffer core and border worlds, and do not play a significant role in major historical events. Rewards for controlling these planets are directly linked to global bonuses and abilities associated with a player’s Faction.
  • Border Worlds – Are fought over via a contract bidding system by player run Mercenary Corporations. These planets change hands on a regular basis, and have no impact on historical events. Rewards for controlling a boarder world are significant and go directly to the occupying Merc Corp.

From http://mwomercs.com/...munity-warfare/

There are faction worlds, where those of us who dont care what the merc corps do... will fight, and
Boarder worlds, for the merc corps to do all they want.

So goons can swarm all they want, I probally will not care.

#36 Supremacist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 287 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

View PostRebmac, on 13 June 2012 - 08:13 PM, said:

Based on this,
  • Faction Worlds – Are fought over by Faction players. These planets buffer core and border worlds, and do not play a significant role in major historical events. Rewards for controlling these planets are directly linked to global bonuses and abilities associated with a player’s Faction.
  • Border Worlds – Are fought over via a contract bidding system by player run Mercenary Corporations. These planets change hands on a regular basis, and have no impact on historical events. Rewards for controlling a boarder world are significant and go directly to the occupying Merc Corp.
From http://mwomercs.com/...munity-warfare/

There are faction worlds, where those of us who dont care what the merc corps do... will fight, and
Boarder worlds, for the merc corps to do all they want.

So goons can swarm all they want, I probally will not care.

Faction worlds + Border Worlds = upwards of 50 % of all DCMS space, depending on your definition.
Enjoy

#37 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:31 PM

With the game, that was actually one of my concerns. In previous incarnations when a house was understrengthed (and no game mechanic to balance it out) the House Leadership would conference and discuss what units would be reassigned to that particular house.

Generally, unless someone has been involved in a BT/MW type game/universe (pre-Clan) which Liao and the CCAF had their attention, many players will tend to gravitate towards Davion/Steiner, others towards Marik while those drawn by the Samurai culture towards Kurita. Post-clan will be a huge mess.

That that Gwot is organized outside the meta, as well as others who have/are gaming in places is good. Order or chaos, what is your general preference? :) As for those who instigate things, beware of how you react (or how you are lead....) in any situation and I will leave that as it is.

The pilots of a House (or Clan in the near future) will not have any control over who can join that House. Community/Peer pressure, both externally and internally can be applied in an attempt to modify behaviors but with the "internet" (chuckles), unless someone is within walking distance :o

But Gwot does not sound any different than other groups/units/guilds in other games who have been successful and accomplished many things, good or bad. And not everyone is going to be humble, fair, understanding, compassionate towards their fellow beings. And like alcohol, the internet can and will draw out the worse in people.

Just as a reminder, there is no House control like there were in the other games. Only you can decide on how you will handle anything thrown your way, be it good or bad, hold true while also being able to bend like a reed in the wind.

Who will be stirring up the leaves today?

(Bows)

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 13 June 2012 - 08:34 PM.

#38 Rebmac

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

View PostSupremacist, on 13 June 2012 - 08:18 PM, said:

Faction worlds + Border Worlds = upwards of 50 % of all DCMS space, depending on your definition.
Enjoy

while yes, they do, what I meant was, anybody who is not faction, fights on the border worlds, and faction vs faction hapens on faction worlds... so they can go swarm all over the border they want, and I will be happy on my faction worlds.

#39 chaz706

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Utah

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:04 PM

If you need to stop Goonswarm in this game you'll need good 12 man teams who can work well and cohesively and under pressure. It will largely be Company vs Company action.

The Merc Corp model might be the best way to go in this.

I for one appreciate the challenge coming to us. I just hope I can gather enough of my friends to start a Corp in the Capellan March. These guys will absolutely tear through pubbies like they were nothing.

These guys mean Srs Bns.

I for one would love the challenge and to cut my teeth on some bees. All in good fun of course :)

Edited by chaz706, 13 June 2012 - 11:05 PM.

#40 Rebmac

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:11 PM

View Postchaz706, on 13 June 2012 - 11:04 PM, said:

If you need to stop Goonswarm in this game you'll need good 12 man teams who can work well and cohesively and under pressure. It will largely be Company vs Company action.

The Merc Corp model might be the best way to go in this.

I for one appreciate the challenge coming to us. I just hope I can gather enough of my friends to start a Corp in the Capellan March. These guys will absolutely tear through pubbies like they were nothing.

These guys mean Srs Bns.

I for one would love the challenge and to cut my teeth on some bees. All in good fun of course :)

They said they are going merc corp right? so that means they fight other merc corps or fill into house battles where house needs more people. But trythfully it should be much matter to a house what a merc corp does, or has the people to do... in the BT universe they woudnt have the people to over throw a full house

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users