- - - - -

Poll - Limit 12 V 12 Pre-Made Group Matches To 1Pv Only

904 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll - Limit 12 V 12 Pre-Made Group Matches To 1Pv Only (1092 member(s) have cast votes)

Should 12 v 12 pre-made group matches be limited to 1PV (First Person) view mode only?

1. Yes (983 votes [91.53%])

Percentage of vote: 91.53%

2. No (91 votes [8.47%])

Percentage of vote: 8.47%

Vote

#821 Naotaka

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 33 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:47 AM

View PostTolkien, on 29 August 2013 - 04:43 AM, said:

Mix that with the taking 5 million dollars from sim fans to make a 1pv simulation game followed by lies

I'm one of the guys that paid that and I enjoy the 3PV. Does that make me a horrible liar and a bad person too with critical character flaws? That's the sort of language you are utilizing here. I'd hate to get your "unbiased" testimony if you ever had to take the stand against me in a court of law.

#822 Desdain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 131 posts
  • LocationNewark, DE

Posted 29 August 2013 - 04:50 AM

Throwing my hat in: I want the original promise of 1PV only or at least separate queues.

Everyone should vote in this poll. It's more balanced I'd say.

http://mwomercs.com/...-and-your-vote/

Edited by Desdain, 29 August 2013 - 04:52 AM.

#823 Vullum

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:01 AM

I am beginning to think that the question asked in this poll is deliberately flawed so that PGI can use it as support for why they make their bad decisions. If there is going to be a poll should it be comprehensive? asking should 1pv be available for ALL not just 12 v 12. then ask if 1pv in 12 v 12 should be the only 1pv.

If i was to vote no, does that mean I do not want any 1pv or do i vote no because it should be available to all?
if i vote yes does that mean PGI can claim to have satisfied my complains about not being able to do 1pv only matches.

if you have taken the time to vote in this poll please take the time to answer the 3 questions asked in the more comprehensive poll http://mwomercs.com/...-and-your-vote/ which can actually get to the point of the matter and not just make PGI think they can ignore the problem.

as said in the first 3pv topic, i hope pgi introduce 1pv for all but till then my mechs will be rusting away in their mech labs.

maybe a camo sale would cheer me up and make me spend more money on the game but i wouldnt hold your breath pgi.

Edited by Vullum, 29 August 2013 - 05:59 AM.

#824 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:05 AM

View PostNaotaka, on 29 August 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

I'm one of the guys that paid that and I enjoy the 3PV. Does that make me a horrible liar and a bad person too with critical character flaws? That's the sort of language you are utilizing here. I'd hate to get your "unbiased" testimony if you ever had to take the stand against me in a court of law.

Nobody is saying you're a bad person (or i hope not), but you must realize that there are founders, and other players, who handed money over to PGI and didn't get what they were told they were getting.
It's bad business practice and...just wrong.
I'm glad you're enjoying MWO because honestly i also want the game to do really well. I may not want to play with 3pv but i, and i think the majority...or some at least, don't want it removed either.
Who knows, maybe i'll enjoy 3pv someday when PGI make it a fully useable option...which i'm sure they will :)

View PostDesdain, on 29 August 2013 - 04:50 AM, said:

Throwing my hat in: I want the original promise of 1PV only or at least separate queues.

Everyone should vote in this poll. It's more balanced I'd say.

http://mwomercs.com/...-and-your-vote/

There's also a poll created by Soarra (link in my sig) ;)

#825 Tolkien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:05 AM

View PostNaotaka, on 29 August 2013 - 04:47 AM, said:

No, since you didn't take any money with the promise of doing something specific then decide not to do it since you think you can make more money doing the opposite ;)

I have nothing against people who want to play in 3pv, and I have no problem with PGI wanting to 'broaden the appeal of the game' by making 3pv play modes an option. What I am against is their bait and switch on the people who bought in based on the promise of a new 1pv mechwarrior experience.

Split queues lets both sides have what they want, and we were promised we would get this.

#826 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:08 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 28 August 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

Proposal: Limit 12 v 12 pre-made group matches to 1PV only.
Release Date: Mid to Late September

Details: 12 man pre-made group matches will have 1PV enforced as the only useable view mode. Players will not be able to switch between 1PV and 3PV when playing in 12 v 12 pre-made match play.

This gives our core audience, who represent almost exclusively the 12 man team group play, a place to enjoy a pure 1PV experience.

The public queues will remain a mix of 1PV and 3PV modes and Hardcore mode will be removed from the drop down list. Future enhancements to the matchmaker will allow stricter tonnage limits, and encourage a more fair and level playing field for all MWO matches.

Apparently I'm not a core player despite being an elite founder, and have spent approximately $500, because i've played exclusively PUG.

but yes it should be 12v 12 and also so should community/clan warfare, or what ever name gets put to it

#827 Stoicblitzer

• 1,931 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:11 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 28 August 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

Hold on... why is this solely limited to the 12v12 queues?

Understandably that 12v12 is where the "competitive matches" go, but that is the worst logic to "balance" this game. That is not even a fix or resolution to the problem... just a mediocre placation to the problem at hand.

This is worse than unacceptable... it is completely myopic at best as a solution.

so i take it you're not gonna buy sabre? rofl

#828 ChargerIIC

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 490 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:17 AM

Its a trap!

#829 Syphr

Rookie

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:19 AM

it's a step in the right direction, but not the over all solution we want. We should either have the ability to make a choice of playing a 3PV match or not. If you really want this in game for new players, fine, limit it to trial mechs and setup so that you have only trial mech matches. The remaining matches should be 1PV only and no trial mechs allowed.

#830 iHover

• PipPipPip
  • 92 posts
  • LocationBerne NY

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:21 AM

Bryan: why not ad a third option separate 1st person drop queue for all modes? Or would the glairing results be a reminder that people still expect you to keep your word? Wont be voting in this loaded poll.

Edited by iHover, 29 August 2013 - 06:13 AM.

#831 Faithsfall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 363 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:29 AM

View PostiHover, on 29 August 2013 - 05:21 AM, said:

Bryan: why not ad a third option separate 1st person drop queue for all modes? Or would the glairing results be a reminder that people still expect you to keep your word? Wont be voting in this loaded pole.

This i think could be where there could ultimatly be a problem, I am all for 1PV only que and a 3pv only que but i feel you would then have the majority of players then in the 1pv que and hardly anyone in the 3pv que.

Could you imagine IGP then asking PGI for a justification on the man hours spent on a feature that a tiny % use?

That will be why they won't be seperated.

#832 Marodeur

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBraunschweig, Germany

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:33 AM

What exactly will happen if I say "I don't want it"? Will then be no diversification between 1PV and 3PV matches? Or the hardcore mode will be introduced after all?

#833 RainTuga

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:35 AM

View PostWolfways, on 29 August 2013 - 12:40 AM, said:

Nobody is asking for 3pv to be removed (well, not many). Most just want the option of playing without 3pv.
As for your second point, i can see your position, but if you do that you're also voting for hardcore to be removed.

Of course it's your choice.

I meant removed as in having separate queues because honestly based on what i see in the games i played, with hardcore mode available the 3PV+1PV queue would be pretty empty, that way the new players PGI wants wont stay for long.

I believe that PGI no matter how many polls or posts we make will keep the PUG matches with mixed vies modes, to try to catch as many players as possible and off course make more money.

Secretly hoping im wrong though and the community makes them change their minds.

#834 Marodeur

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 79 posts
  • LocationBraunschweig, Germany

View PostChargerIIC, on 29 August 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

Its a trap!

LOL!!

#835 Deathmetal

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSliasthorpe

That would be nice.

How about no 3PV in any Group Drops ?
If you open/join a Group, drops forced to be 1Pv.

At solo Pugging the 3Pv isnt that advantage because most Players arent in any Voice Chat or take the time to write something in the Chat. (e.G. ive spotted X Mechs heading to Y direction).

While in Group Drops most people are in a kind of Voice Chat where the 3Pv will/can be an advantage.

(i apologize for my bad english)

#836 New Day

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,394 posts
  • LocationEye of Terror

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:39 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 28 August 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

Proposal: Limit 12 v 12 pre-made group matches to 1PV only.
Release Date: Mid to Late September

Details: 12 man pre-made group matches will have 1PV enforced as the only useable view mode. Players will not be able to switch between 1PV and 3PV when playing in 12 v 12 pre-made match play.

This gives our core audience, who represent almost exclusively the 12 man team group play, a place to enjoy a pure 1PV experience.

The public queues will remain a mix of 1PV and 3PV modes and Hardcore mode will be removed from the drop down list. Future enhancements to the matchmaker will allow stricter tonnage limits, and encourage a more fair and level playing field for all MWO matches.

What about the rest of us who don't want to spend half an hour gathering a team?

#837 IceSerpent

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,044 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:46 AM

Voted yes (obviously), but it's only a partial solution - it means that if I can't get into a 12v12 match I can't play, and it's difficult for a unit (especially a smaller one) to keep a 12-man group going for a long period of time.

#838 Karenai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 340 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:47 AM

View PostChargerIIC, on 29 August 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

Its a trap!

Quite patently obvious, too. And most fall for it, still.

Annother good example how to infuriate your customers. Bad public relations move, very bad.

Edited by Karenai, 29 August 2013 - 05:57 AM.

#839 Kunae

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:47 AM

The line must be drawn here. No more compromises. Give us what you said you were going to; separate queues for 1pv and 3pv, both pug and 12-man.

#840 xZaOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:49 AM

View Postgumpy2k7, on 28 August 2013 - 08:24 PM, said:

Over 700 players tricked into voting to remove 1pv queues so far. Well played. I don't understand the purpose of repeatedly insulting your customers like this. Apparently you hate money. Posted Image

Those 3K+ are only the vocal HUGE minority that don't matter silly. We are on Dont Matter Island. I've accepted it and built a nice hermit shed under a palm tree while playing other games.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users