- - - - -

Poll - Limit 12 V 12 Pre-Made Group Matches To 1Pv Only

904 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll - Limit 12 V 12 Pre-Made Group Matches To 1Pv Only (1092 member(s) have cast votes)

Should 12 v 12 pre-made group matches be limited to 1PV (First Person) view mode only?

1. Yes (983 votes [91.53%])

Percentage of vote: 91.53%

2. No (91 votes [8.47%])

Percentage of vote: 8.47%

Vote

#841 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:50 AM

View PostMustrumRidcully, on 29 August 2013 - 01:41 AM, said:

See, this is what the "communication failure" did. People don't even trust voting in a poll anymore, because they fear it might have implications they don't agree with.

What if PGI really wants to figure out how much the demand for 1PV is, and not trick us into limiting pure 1PV for an extreme subset of play?

Well, we don't know.

That was their poll position at the time.

#842 Foust

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 394 posts
  • LocationKentucky

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:52 AM

View PostBryan Ekman, on 28 August 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

Proposal: Limit 12 v 12 pre-made group matches to 1PV only.
Release Date: Mid to Late September

Details: 12 man pre-made group matches will have 1PV enforced as the only useable view mode. Players will not be able to switch between 1PV and 3PV when playing in 12 v 12 pre-made match play.

This gives our core audience, who represent almost exclusively the 12 man team group play, a place to enjoy a pure 1PV experience.

The public queues will remain a mix of 1PV and 3PV modes and Hardcore mode will be removed from the drop down list. Future enhancements to the matchmaker will allow stricter tonnage limits, and encourage a more fair and level playing field for all MWO matches.

Based on this verbiage I must abstain from voting.

Yes implies that I am ok with public matches remaining mixed. I am not.
No implies that I want to keep 12v12 matches mixed. I do not.

Please provide view mode selection for all players regardless of group size.

#843 Wolfways

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:57 AM

View PostRainTuga, on 29 August 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

I meant removed as in having separate queues because honestly based on what i see in the games i played, with hardcore mode available the 3PV+1PV queue would be pretty empty, that way the new players PGI wants wont stay for long.

I believe that PGI no matter how many polls or posts we make will keep the PUG matches with mixed vies modes, to try to catch as many players as possible and off course make more money.

Secretly hoping im wrong though and the community makes them change their minds.

Ah right, sorry :wub:
I'm hopeful...sort of.
If it were any other company i'd say they wouldn't have the balls to say they made a decision based on this poll...but it's PGI so.... :unsure:

View PostChargerIIC, on 29 August 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

Its a trap!

:)

Anyone not happy with the options in this poll please don't vote (or delete it if already made) and have a look at the poll linked in my sig :)

#844 RainTuga

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 32 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 05:59 AM

Well time will tell how this all ends, now what we really need to get our heads out of this problem would be some UI 2.0 and CW details and start some new fires :)

#845 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

View PostDeathmetal, on 29 August 2013 - 05:35 AM, said:

That would be nice.

How about no 3PV in any Group Drops ?
If you open/join a Group, drops forced to be 1Pv.

At solo Pugging the 3Pv isnt that advantage because most Players arent in any Voice Chat or take the time to write something in the Chat. (e.G. ive spotted X Mechs heading to Y direction).

While in Group Drops most people are in a kind of Voice Chat where the 3Pv will/can be an advantage.

(i apologize for my bad english)

You'd be surprised at how fast some people can type (not me though) :)

#846 Buehgler

• PipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 79 posts

I am afraid I see this as a rather flawed poll question. Basically it is trying to take advantage of the desire of 12v12 players to have a 1PV only game to justify leaving all other queues mixed. By restricting the voting options and "forcing" people to compromise and pick the option they prefer you are unduly trying to shape the results. This is just more bad communication (much like many other recent actions that we do not need to rehash).

PLEASE rewrite this to ask a fair question (or three) and get an honest answer to a real question.

#847 Burning Chrome

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 248 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:02 AM

Fail.

Another attempt to show "PGI cares too much" about the players.

A trick/loaded poll. Not voting.

Insulting.

Again.

I'm returning the finger you so "cleverly" shoved in my face.

I don't have time to play premades and am lucky if I can play with the 1 friend I have left in MWO as it is.

Why complicate this? Just have the 1PV and 3PV queues as promised...everyone is at least satisfied. Though I still think 3PV is as *** as PGI's version of ECM...but if I have a choice NOT to partake in the ***ness by playing 1PV only, then I (and what appears to be a "few" others) can deal with it.

You guys used a lot of grandiose and fluffy words to describe your "success" in August in the September update.

Makes me wonder how detached from reality you are. Must be one of the side-effects of "caring too much" eh?

I can sum up August as it relates to MWO for you in one word: CRAPTACULAR.

Edited by Burning Chrome, 29 August 2013 - 06:04 AM.

#848 Karenai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 340 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:07 AM

Anyone realised that this poll only exists so they could close the almost 300 pages thread? Which was a continuation of annother big *** thread?

#849 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:08 AM

View PostKarenai, on 29 August 2013 - 06:07 AM, said:

Anyone realised that this poll only exists so they could close the almost 300 pages thread? Which was a continuation of annother big *** thread?

Yes, that is why this thread will reach at least 100 pages by next patch (it'll probably hit 100 by the end of the upcoming weekend).

#850 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:19 AM

Well, whatever this poll says, you will do anyway as you like3, PGI.

I will abstain from voting, as i dont want to have a "yes" counted as "its fine we keep it in pugs". I want "Hardcore" in all modes. ESPECIALLY CW. I dont have a 12 Man group. so....

Edith: Abstained from voting noted & explaination.

Edited by John McFianna, 29 August 2013 - 06:32 AM.

#851 Kunae

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,303 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:21 AM

View PostJohn McFianna, on 29 August 2013 - 06:19 AM, said:

Yes. but i want the option as as pug-dropping player TOO!

And in CW.

Then you need to delete your "yes" vote, otherwise they will claim that you agreed to the removal of the 1pv pug queue option, as it says in the small-print.

#852 Tolkien

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:23 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 29 August 2013 - 06:08 AM, said:

Yes, that is why this thread will reach at least 100 pages by next patch (it'll probably hit 100 by the end of the upcoming weekend).

It's almost as though they are trying to antagonize the players by posting a loaded poll with
yes - do what you said you would do but only to a tiny fraction of the game, or
no - don't do what you said you would do....

A yes vote on this poll isn't a mandate to keep 3pv mixed in any queue and the less biased community poll in my sig makes that damn clear.

#853 GrandLocomon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:26 AM

View PostFoust, on 29 August 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

Based on this verbiage I must abstain from voting.

Yes implies that I am ok with public matches remaining mixed. I am not.
No implies that I want to keep 12v12 matches mixed. I do not.

Please provide view mode selection for all players regardless of group size.

Exactly this^^^^

#854 VXJaeger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 1,582 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:30 AM

Well, so far I haven't given rat's *** 'bout 3PV and I'm going to continue that.
But when CW and premades really kick off, forcing mode to 1PV on competitive play keeps it equal to both sides.
Also continue trimming that nowadays 3PV, so that those hate-trolls won't get food.
Keep it up, theres still left those who believe in PGI.

#855 Syllogy

• 2,698 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:55 AM

View PostStrongpaw, on 28 August 2013 - 09:24 PM, said:

The public queues SHOULD NOT remain a mix of 1PV and 3PV modes and Hardcore mode SHOULD NOT be removed from the drop down list.

This is still Forcing 3PV on People who DO NOT WANT IT. 99.99% OF THE GAMES i PLAY ARE PUGs. I have 12000 matches under my belt from before and after the stat reset. I had to work my tush off to get the GXP and pay after every match to get a new UAV That CAN be SHOT DOWN and doesn't even do Half of what the 3rd person does in terms of Pop Tarting Cheat Look Over Buildings And Fire at 1PV pilots wondering Where The Hell the shots are coming from and CAN'T BE DESTROYED AS WELL !?!?

i CALL BS WHEN I SEE IT!!!! THIS IS STILL BS! A PILE OF S**T REMAINS A PILE OF S**T EVEN IF YOU CALL IT A 'CUTE MEADOW MUFFIN'

Oh yes... because this is how you get your point across in a professional and tactful manner.

#856 Mathies Jaeger

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

I did not vote because I feel either response would misrepresent how I feel on the issue. If 12 v 12 gets limited to 1PV only because that's what they want, fantastic for them. I will never likely play 12 v 12 because I'm not that serious about the game (in a competitive sense). However, if a 1PV-only mode was implemented for pick-up games, you can be sure my friends and I would exclusively be playing in that queue. I don't think 3PV gives a significant advantage in a PUG game for the most part. I simply don't like playing with it or against people that are using it. It breaks immersion for me (nerd that I am) and feels wrong. Those times when I know using 3PV would allow me to gather intel without exposing myself to danger, I have refrained from doing so because it feels dirty to me (I'm looking at you Caustic Valley).

I would love to see PGI try for a two-week span implementing queue choice for 1PV-only or mixed-view to see if it really would fragment the player base too much. I, for one, wouldn't mind waiting an extra dozen seconds to find a match if I could do so in 1PV-only, but I realize I'm just one small opinion in a sea of them.

#857 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

View PostBryan Ekman, on 28 August 2013 - 10:21 AM, said:

Proposal: Limit 12 v 12 pre-made group matches to 1PV only.
Release Date: Mid to Late September

Details: 12 man pre-made group matches will have 1PV enforced as the only useable view mode. Players will not be able to switch between 1PV and 3PV when playing in 12 v 12 pre-made match play.

This gives our core audience, who represent almost exclusively the 12 man team group play, a place to enjoy a pure 1PV experience.

The public queues will remain a mix of 1PV and 3PV modes and Hardcore mode will be removed from the drop down list. Future enhancements to the matchmaker will allow stricter tonnage limits, and encourage a more fair and level playing field for all MWO matches.

I really need to ask a few questions. How does this work with CW? You implied in the past that Merc units would be more the pre-made 12v12 type units, and that House players would be more casual in their organization. Will 3rd person be disabled for all CW type play, or literaly just for 12 man pre-mades? Without details on CW how can anyone feel comfortable with the question on this loaded poll?

#858 Caviel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 637 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:58 AM

I'm keeping my yes vote, even though I am really wanting the separate queue for less than 12 pilot groups. Why? I'm showing solidarity in my position that 3PV should be restricted to training and 3PV enabled areas as intended by the target audience it was aimed for.

Just because this poll is for fixed 1PV in 12v12 only doesn't mean PGI can't be convinced to change things again later as well and allow non 12-pilot groups to have a 1PV only queue as well.

I'd also like to go from referencing it as "hardcore" mode to "Normal" and "3PV Enabled" queues, although at this point I'll be happy with just getting the separate queues we're looking for.

#859 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

View PostMathies Jaeger, on 29 August 2013 - 06:55 AM, said:

It breaks immersion for me (nerd that I am) and feels wrong.

lol me too. I hate seeing those little blinking lights floating around behind mechs, and looking at my mechs from the outside may be nice...for a few seconds, but i'll always play 1pv.

#860 zorak ramone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:04 AM

Has anyone reported this poll to the mods for violating forum rules yet?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users