- - - - -

Poll - Limit 12 V 12 Pre-Made Group Matches To 1Pv Only

904 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll - Limit 12 V 12 Pre-Made Group Matches To 1Pv Only (1092 member(s) have cast votes)

Should 12 v 12 pre-made group matches be limited to 1PV (First Person) view mode only?

1. Yes (983 votes [91.53%])

Percentage of vote: 91.53%

2. No (91 votes [8.47%])

Percentage of vote: 8.47%

Vote

#861 FreeZe

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • LocationUnderground Bunker

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:05 AM

I withhold from voting in this poll as I feel that it's extremely limiting. Not only does it clearly reveal that 3PV was never meant as a means for training recruits, but it is a lack luster compromise at best. What about 1PV players who usually run in smaller pre-made groups? What about 3PV players who want to play 12v12 premade?

You made this bed PGI, now lie in it! (Oh did you catch that double meaning?)

Edited by FreeZe, 29 August 2013 - 07:06 AM.

#862 All Nine

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 54 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:07 AM

Cool, now I have to find 11 other people in order to play the game I paid good money for?

Thanks for reinforcing my decision to refund my Phoenix package, I guess.

#863 RussianWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:10 AM

View PostChargerIIC, on 29 August 2013 - 05:17 AM, said:

Its a trap!

#864 Kraven Kor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,434 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:11 AM

Taking this as an "Olive Branch" towards angry players, I will at least give them the benefit of the doubt and not attribute this to malicious or ulterior motives.

View PostMonky, on 28 August 2013 - 04:33 PM, said:

Things I would like to see;

3PV/1PV combined 'Arcade' queue similar to how Warthunder operates
1PV only 'Simulation' queue similar to how MWO was prior to 3PV inclusion
12v12 with 3PV/1PV
12v12 with 1PV only

For all of these queues, have a 'no preference' option to minimize wait time between games. Have the game types you prefer be consistent so that people don't have to constantly reselect (which would otherwise lead to incorrect selections on accident and people DC'ing).

I would also like to see some refinements to 3rd person view to minimize exploitation and enhance the new user experience as documented and evidenced in this thread; http://mwomercs.com/...tracing-errors/

I understand that these things may not seem like they are worth dev time - however in terms of maintaining a strong community it is invaluable. A 'no preference' option gives a lot of wiggle room in either direction should you suspect that not many will directly opt for 3PV currently, allowing future players who wish to use it to get into matches.

This.

View PostKunae, on 28 August 2013 - 04:34 PM, said:

Which is exactly what they said they were going to do, back when they announced they were putting it in.

Exactly. We are only asking for what PGI themselves assured us would happen. Emphatically, on multiple occasions, from multiple representatives.

View PostChet Los, on 28 August 2013 - 04:38 PM, said:

Thank you for listening to our concerns and coming back with an amicable solution.

It is a start - some fear this as a biased poll or one with an ulterior motive, and I can see that fear, but lets at least consider this the beginning of an actual dialog.

View PostAlex Novian, on 28 August 2013 - 04:42 PM, said:

That is NOT what I put up my Founders $ for. :) I've played nearly 12000 matches 99.9% PUG and you want to kick me in the shorts... WHY?

Please... Deliver the Game you sold me a year ago.

Hey! That's my line! Please, use it all you would like. It should be our mantra. "We just want the game you sold us last year."

View Postkeith, on 28 August 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

i have a crazy question to ask. since us forum poster are the "minatory", should an important poll such as this be posted into the comstar link inside the MWO client?

I think they should have polls in client that give you a small CB or MC reward to ensure maximum voter turnout. 5k CB or 5 MC (player's choice) for all sorts of this stuff. Nearly free marketing data, and not only representative of the vocal / insane few that visit / live on the forums :)

#865 Red-Line

Rookie

• 5 posts
  • LocationHHoD

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:22 AM

I find the poll and information given limited. For the current meta-game, I find the removal of 3PV from 12v12 acceptable. In the long run, I would like separate queues for all drop types. Also, I do not want 3PV available in CW.

Edited by Red Line, 29 August 2013 - 07:24 AM.

#866 Moromillas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts
  • LocationSecret **** moon base

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:24 AM

View PostTolkien, on 29 August 2013 - 05:05 AM, said:

No, since you didn't take any money with the promise of doing something specific then decide not to do it since you think you can make more money doing the opposite :)

I have nothing against people who want to play in 3pv, and I have no problem with PGI wanting to 'broaden the appeal of the game' by making 3pv play modes an option. What I am against is their bait and switch on the people who bought in based on the promise of a new 1pv mechwarrior experience.

Split queues lets both sides have what they want, and we were promised we would get this.

That you would mention "broaden the appeal" demonstrates that you know very little about this. I thought I explained it quite well.

This bait and switch you keep referring to, just isn't accurate. If it was patched 3PV only, then perhaps you would have a point. But back reality land, the game is very much 1PV, and nothing has been taken away from players that purchased items.

No, adding features for testing when you assumed some solemn vow not to, is not grounds for a refund, and asking for one makes you sound like a crazy person. Go play a few matches, and you'll see that the game hasn't been turned into a 3PV game. Then maybe you'll realize just how ridiculous your posts are.

#867 DemonRaziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 646 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:30 AM

A step in the right direction, but I will once again reiterate that this should have been implemented in this way from the get go and at least some of the forums rage could have been avoided.

Furthermore, with the proposed inclusion of 4+ PUG groups in the foreseeable future and the state organized drops are in, it doesn't seem like a definitive solution to the anti-3PV movement.

Also, I really don't think there was a reason for this poll, you must have known how this will go... So I will be cynical once again and point out that this is just an attempt to make yourself look like you did listen to the community, while in reality you are giving us a poll that you know will end in an overwhelming "yes" and then act accordingly (giving the angry dog a bone to shut him up), while still backtracking on the split queues promise in PUG drops and keeping it this way for good.

#868 Warge

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts
  • LocationKiyiv

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:31 AM

Deleted my vote. 12 vs 12 with 1PV is not a solution. Still waiting for 1PV-only queue.
For now I'm happy cause just got PP refund. I vote with wallet.

#869 Genewen

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:32 AM

Can't really vote anything on that poll, it could be twisted any way they want it by PGI/IGP. If I say no, they can interpret it as not wanting a 1PV only mode. If I say yes, they will think I am satisfied with only that.

I just want what they promised: seperate queues, and not only for 12vs12, but for everyone at any time.

#870 ICEFANG13

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,718 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:33 AM

Everyone, we should let PGI know exactly how we feel about 3rd person, please vote in this thread as well. Hopefully we can get more or equal votes to this thread.

http://mwomercs.com/...-and-your-vote/

#871 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:35 AM

View PostMorhadel, on 28 August 2013 - 01:28 PM, said:

No not everyone wins, very few people win.
I pug 99% of the time, now for me to play 1pv only im going to have to drop in a 12 man?????!!!!!!!!
Ive never seen more then 8 or 9 other player on my friends list on at the same time. and when we did try 8 mans you might get 2 matches in a hour.
Do you realize how long it would take to grind cbills running just 12 mans?

I'd imagine you'd play regular PUG's too, just like you do now. The "3PV advantage" in a PUG isn't one. It's a joke. You practically never see it - since 3PV has been implemented, I haven't seen ONE player fighting in 3PV. Not even one. The odd peek, sure, but that's it.

It only helps increase your FOV when peeking over *some* ridges, in fairly contrived examples. I've yet to see it really impact a game at all. Playing with someone doing that isn't going to hurt you, and your "competitive matches" are still pure and untainted by the evil of someone else peeking over a ridge safely.

#872 Aleksander Wernersson

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:38 AM

Did not vote since I want still seperate queues even for smaller groups! 12 men teams can sigh with relief now, but smaller groups still have to deal with the effects of abusing 3pv.

If in a PUG appear 4 men groups that communicate, 3pv can still be abused.

Edited by Postman, 29 August 2013 - 07:40 AM.

#873 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:43 AM

View PostForestGnome, on 28 August 2013 - 01:44 PM, said:

Except for the people who don't want to have to try-hard in a 12 man, and instead want to just have fun in a 4 man group without getting rolled by 3pv pop-tarts. My whole beef is that it turns the "Casual" play into the most try-hard piece of boring imaginable. Just like counter-strike and the AWP people exploit the casual play to get the highest K/D they possibly can. It is ruining normal drops. You can't just play casually because the moment you do 6 drones start lifting off from the nearest ridge-line and you go splat. I shouldn't have to queue with a bunch of strangers just to avoid a bunch of try-hards exploiting every mechanic they can.

Sorry, but this is exaggerated bullcrap.

Solo pugging is where I spend all my time, and I do it at medium and high level elo bands. Medium for my light and medium mechs, because I suck with them, so I see a totally different play there. High end with Assaults and Heavies. There is no more sniping or poptarting than there was before, and it's no better.

I snipe and poptart myself, in some of my mechs. I can count on one hand the number of times 3PV has actually been beneficial in that. I don't need to see my target to line up my shot, and it's trivial to line up a shot while you're moving out of cover, in the time before your weapons clear the cover. 3PV is not a huge boogieman, this is objectively NOT MW4's jumpsniping 3PV hell. Everyone I know gets better results in long range fire using 1PV.

I'm not seeing other people do it either. I look for the little blinky lights - I'm not trying to prove a point in that at all, I'm just curious. But in the full range(with experienced players) of Elo play I see, it's shocking to see a 3PV drone at all after the 2min point in a match.

#874 Cybermech

Tool

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,097 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:43 AM

I voted yes... who didnt? :)

But in a later time date when numbers are not an issue I would believe that 3pv players should get access to the 12 man que eventually.
This option is the best option for now, it will still effect the PUG ques but as a point to move forward this is a really good option.

#875 Tolkien

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,118 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:44 AM

View Postzorak ramone, on 29 August 2013 - 07:04 AM, said:

Has anyone reported this poll to the mods for violating forum rules yet?

I did.

#876 Stealthsfury

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

Pretend I am now a part of the silent majority. Keep in mind they apparently don't vote now neither will I. How do you think I feel about this poll?

#877 Tigerchen

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 97 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:49 AM

View PostFoust, on 29 August 2013 - 05:52 AM, said:

Based on this verbiage I must abstain from voting.

Yes implies that I am ok with public matches remaining mixed. I am not.
No implies that I want to keep 12v12 matches mixed. I do not.

Please provide view mode selection for all players regardless of group size.

You nailed it. Exactly what i was thinking.

#878 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:52 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 29 August 2013 - 07:43 AM, said:

Sorry, but this is exaggerated bullcrap.

Solo pugging is where I spend all my time, and I do it at medium and high level elo bands. Medium for my light and medium mechs, because I suck with them, so I see a totally different play there. High end with Assaults and Heavies. There is no more sniping or poptarting than there was before, and it's no better.

I snipe and poptart myself, in some of my mechs. I can count on one hand the number of times 3PV has actually been beneficial in that. I don't need to see my target to line up my shot, and it's trivial to line up a shot while you're moving out of cover, in the time before your weapons clear the cover. 3PV is not a huge boogieman, this is objectively NOT MW4's jumpsniping 3PV hell. Everyone I know gets better results in long range fire using 1PV.

I'm not seeing other people do it either. I look for the little blinky lights - I'm not trying to prove a point in that at all, I'm just curious. But in the full range(with experienced players) of Elo play I see, it's shocking to see a 3PV drone at all after the 2min point in a match.

I see lots of players saying their playing in a high elo. How do you know? Is there any info somewhere about it, and your level?

As to the blinky, i've seen jenners using it quite a lot. Not in combat obviously, but for reporting enemy positions (although rarely) and poptarting. Not just jenners but they seem to use it the most in the games i'm in anyway.
When i tested 3pv i found it very useful. Watch the enemy, until he turns away (they all do eventually), hit F4 while moving out of cover, and hit him in the back. Works very well with dual gauss :)

#879 Wolfways

• Mercenary
  • 6,499 posts
  • LocationIn a shutdown overheated mech near you.

Posted 29 August 2013 - 07:56 AM

View PostCybermech, on 29 August 2013 - 07:43 AM, said:

I voted yes... who didnt? :)

People who realized that the poll was biased.

#880 Jestun

• 1,270 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:03 AM

View PostPanboy, on 28 August 2013 - 10:55 AM, said:

I'm all for limiting the 12 man queue but id still like to have the option to solo drop in first person only, It can be hard to get 12 mans together, But I still want to play the game as it was advertised.

This.

Requiring me to have 11 people ready to join me at the drop of a hat in order to play a 1st person match is simply not good enough.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users