- - - - -

Poll - Limit 12 V 12 Pre-Made Group Matches To 1Pv Only

904 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll - Limit 12 V 12 Pre-Made Group Matches To 1Pv Only (1092 member(s) have cast votes)

Should 12 v 12 pre-made group matches be limited to 1PV (First Person) view mode only?

1. Yes (983 votes [91.53%])

Percentage of vote: 91.53%

2. No (91 votes [8.47%])

Percentage of vote: 8.47%

Vote

#1 Bryan Ekman

Creative Director

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,106 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:21 AM

Proposal: Limit 12 v 12 pre-made group matches to 1PV only.
Release Date: Mid to Late September

Details: 12 man pre-made group matches will have 1PV enforced as the only useable view mode. Players will not be able to switch between 1PV and 3PV when playing in 12 v 12 pre-made match play.

This gives our core audience, who represent almost exclusively the 12 man team group play, a place to enjoy a pure 1PV experience.

The public queues will remain a mix of 1PV and 3PV modes and Hardcore mode will be removed from the drop down list. Future enhancements to the matchmaker will allow stricter tonnage limits, and encourage a more fair and level playing field for all MWO matches.

#2 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:30 AM

Works for me. Those who are the most upset about the deal get what they want, and the player pool for PUG matches isn't fragmented. Everyone wins.

Edited by Wintersdark, 28 August 2013 - 10:31 AM.

#3 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:45 AM

I'm not morally opposed to it.

edit: Is this where I'm supposed to say PGI lied again? :P

Edited by Heffay, 28 August 2013 - 10:50 AM.

#4 FactorlanP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,574 posts
  • LocationMy Wallet is closed until I see real progress.

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

I would accept this. Assuming that we have assurances that this will actually happen when you say it will happen.

I guess I will have to actually join a big group again. Anybody hiring?

#5 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:50 AM

Can we also get this limitation for CW (if that ever happens) matches? A poll at least?

#6 Farix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 890 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:51 AM

No, because the players should have a choise of doing 1PV/3PV or 1PV-only, even in 12v12. It should not be limited to just one option.

#7 Pwnographic Kerensky

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

Where is the refund everyone their founders pack price? I think that is a good solution! I want to play the game as advertised!

Edited by AriannaPwnographic, 28 August 2013 - 11:05 AM.

#8 RainTuga

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

Yes plz!! This would solve my main concern about 3PV, that in competitive play it gives an advantage in scouting when using 3PV.
I don't think this advantage is much of an issue on PUG matches but on an more competitive level like 12 man drops i believe it would force players to use 3PV or be at an disadvantage.

i just wish they would consider this option on CW also.

#9 Panboy

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 61 posts
  • LocationDublin Ireland

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:55 AM

I'm all for limiting the 12 man queue but id still like to have the option to solo drop in first person only, It can be hard to get 12 mans together, But I still want to play the game as it was advertised.

#10 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Hold on... why is this solely limited to the 12v12 queues?

Understandably that 12v12 is where the "competitive matches" go, but that is the worst logic to "balance" this game. That is not even a fix or resolution to the problem... just a mediocre placation to the problem at hand.

This is worse than unacceptable... it is completely myopic at best as a solution.

Edited by Deathlike, 28 August 2013 - 10:55 AM.

#11 Tolkien

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,118 posts

About damn time.

Tell you what - if you manage to follow through on your word this time before the phoenix pack goes off sale, I'll even re-buy it.

At least this is my stance at the time.

To be fair though you should have a few more options in the poll such as 'implement the 1pv/3pv queues we originally said we would' or 'limit all play to 1pv' just to see what the community wants*

.... hmmmmm.... ahh yes there was one of those>

Posted Image

Edited by Tolkien, 28 August 2013 - 11:03 AM.

#12 AndyHill

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 396 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

I voted yes, but I consider this kind of division rather bizarre and nowhere near sufficient compensation for the (predictable) loss of the hardcore modes.

#13 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:56 AM

I would be ok with this.

#14 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:57 AM

Also does this mean you will drop the silly fiction that this is for new players? Obviously you aren't interested in transitioning new players to 1PV but forcing anti 3PV to tolerate what you think is a big market share of people who want to play in 3PV. It sucks to have to admit to the people who you appealed to found the game that they aren't your target demographic, but all the lying hasn't helped. Be honest, you'd be surprised how well people will take something unpleasant if you are straight with them. Most of the angst is over being lied to. You can fix that part by at least coming out and saying you think there's money in that segment. I mean you already told the forums they represent a small fraction of the player base. Why not go all the way and admit they aren't your target demo at least for PUG games. Like I said, people may not like being told the truth, but they clearly ******* hate being lied to.

#15 Silent

• 1,207 posts
  • LocationButte Hold

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:58 AM

You don't listen to community polls anyway so why should I bother voting?

Get lost.

#16 Exoth3rmic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 434 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

Yes.

Why isn't it implemented this way already?

*fishcake*

#17 TrentTheWanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 264 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:01 AM

Maintaining 1PV for 12-man drops is a step in the right direction. At least it would give me the option to start playing the game again, at the penalty of having to tolerate the meta-pidgeonholing 12 mans that are so prevalent in the arena now.

Why are you guys so heavily adverse to allowing 1PV players to play their own way? In the argument against "splitting ques" there's the logical barrier that, with 3PV mixed with 1PV, 1PV purists won't be participating in the joined que anyways creating a defacto separation of the community, the entire reason that was cited for not allowing two separate ques in the first place.

With forcing 12v12 in order to play the game properly, players that were previously lone wolfs or lance dropping are now going to be further driven off of the game as the only player niche that loses here. What is the reason for trying to do it this way? Why would you take a decision that would supposedly split the community into two pieces and decide to split it into THREE pieces instead?

The ultimate goal here is lost on me, and i'm finding the thought process behind this suggestion to be completely inscrutable. Is there anyone who actually participated in the discussion leading to this proposal who can comment or clarify as to the goal of implementing 1PV in this way?

Edited by TrentTheWanderer, 28 August 2013 - 11:41 AM.

#18 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,621 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

View PostSilent, on 28 August 2013 - 10:58 AM, said:

You don't listen to community polls anyway so why should I bother voting?

Get lost.

Oi SRMs got buffed ya know.

#19 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:02 AM

I played some 12-mans last night... there are times where it decides to be cruel and brings the same opponent for multiple matches. In the same breath, it also generates plenty of "Failed to find a match".

Just because there's an influx of people who play 12-man, doesn't mean 12-man teams are easy to put together in any semblance.

You're essentially indirectly putting the 12-man queues on track with the 8-man queues... they kinda go to die at various hours of the day. That is not an exaggeration of the problem, it's a known symptom.

#20 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:03 AM

It's fine by me for the time being, but I would hope at some point (perhaps when the playerbase has grown substantially and could tolerate segregation) that we'll have true 1PV and 3PV queues for PUGs as well as 12-mans.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users