#581 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 12 December 2013 - 01:00 PM

View PostSilent, on 12 December 2013 - 12:39 PM, said:

That was their position at the time.

That according to the apologists absolves them of any responsibility. No matter what they say this is always available so it basically means that nothing they say ever means anything. Ui 2.0 3 weeks after launch, CW in 6 months, all that means jack. So they can say whatever they want to try to keep people happy and it's worth nothing. Role warfare, aggresive balancing, new modes, improved communications, HSR fixes, whatever. When you read something in the patch notes that's when you can believe it. Everything else is a line in the sand. I guess that's why they don't post much any more. People might actually think it means something.

#582 Kyrie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 02:59 PM

I had a weird dream last night -- dreamt I won the megamillions, and bought out PGI-IGP in order to create the MPBT game *I* want to play. The sad thing about this dream is that it shows quite clearly my misplaced priorities. :-)

#583 OldManMonza

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 05:07 PM

That's right Kyrie, if you had your priorities in order you would have bought Harmony Gold first, so we could have ALL the mechs.. I mean sheesh.. :ph34r:

#584 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 13 December 2013 - 08:57 AM

I'm glad these threads are still active. I can always get a good chuckle when the rest of the forums are slow :D

#585 War Council

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:12 AM

One wonders if the drop in players has caused PGI to even remotely rethink some of their decisions. Somehow I doubt it. It looks like these guys are headed for the cliff. I don't understand why they think they can continue to make so many unpopular changes and still get people to spend their money on the game.

I truly wish PGI would learn from these experiences and make some fundamental changes in how they do things. I keep hoping this game will turn around. Still, I don't think this will happen. I doubt MWO will be around in six months. I hope, but I don't believe.

#586 Jerrard Cranston

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

View PostWar Council, on 13 December 2013 - 11:12 AM, said:

One wonders if the drop in players has caused PGI to even remotely rethink some of their decisions. Somehow I doubt it. It looks like these guys are headed for the cliff. I don't understand why they think they can continue to make so many unpopular changes and still get people to spend their money on the game.

I truly wish PGI would learn from these experiences and make some fundamental changes in how they do things. I keep hoping this game will turn around. Still, I don't think this will happen. I doubt MWO will be around in six months. I hope, but I don't believe.

Until I see someone present metrics on how many accounts have actually logged on in a certain period of time (I haven't seen that on these forums yet) I don't think MWO is ready to go down the tubes. Doom and Gloom is OP in the forums, and I'm guessing a lot of people give it a new shot when UI 2.0 comes out. That said, I totally agree with your other comments. I wish they had made some fundamental changes a year ago, and actually hit some of their targets. UI 2.0 has been pushed back by how long over the course of development? CW is still in what phase? Sad trombone....

#587 Chronojam

• 2,185 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 01:31 PM

Good thing PGI removed those metrics from the client a year ago, and refuses to provide specifics! That means they'll never go down the tubes!

#588 Silent

• 1,207 posts
  • LocationButte Hold

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:23 PM

I think this is the only game I've played where a good portion of the community honestly believes that an interface update of all things is going to suddenly bring a flood of happy, enthusiastic players back into the game.

#589 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:28 PM

View PostJerrard Cranston, on 13 December 2013 - 11:22 AM, said:

Until I see someone present metrics on how many accounts have actually logged on in a certain period of time (I haven't seen that on these forums yet) I don't think MWO is ready to go down the tubes. Doom and Gloom is OP in the forums, and I'm guessing a lot of people give it a new shot when UI 2.0 comes out. That said, I totally agree with your other comments. I wish they had made some fundamental changes a year ago, and actually hit some of their targets. UI 2.0 has been pushed back by how long over the course of development? CW is still in what phase? Sad trombone....

Yup. There is an ebb and flow to all games. Roll out content, people come back. Even next Tuesday is going to bring a LOT of people back, as all of a sudden they have a bunch of Saber reinforcement mechs to master out on the new map using the new game mode.

#590 RG Notch

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:29 PM

View PostSilent, on 13 December 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

I think this is the only game I've played where a good portion of the community honestly believes that an interface update of all things is going to suddenly bring a flood of happy, enthusiastic players back into the game.

But it'll be full screen!!!! Full screen!!!! :D

#591 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:32 PM

Too bad a new mechlab doesn't equal new gamemodes or CW. Gamemodes don't need a new UI for them (outside of modifying that dropdown list of modes).

Although CW is dependent on such of a UI improvement, whatever they put out better be worth it, or it's just a farce. You can't just say "CW depends on it", and then produce a poor man's scoreboard or something like that and call it CW and then call it done. It would simply be unacceptable.

#592 Silent

• 1,207 posts
  • LocationButte Hold

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:41 PM

Did I mention that this is the only game I've played where a good portion of the community squealed in delight over the announcement that the developers will eventually include a Deathmatch mode in some far off distant future?

Edited by Silent, 13 December 2013 - 02:41 PM.

#593 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 13 December 2013 - 02:48 PM

View PostSilent, on 13 December 2013 - 02:41 PM, said:

Did I mention that this is the only game I've played where a good portion of the community squealed in delight over the announcement that the developers will eventually include a Deathmatch mode in some far off distant future?

Considering that there was massive whining/complaining/requesting for it a long while ago and PGI said "no" then (that was their position at the time), it seemed like a far cry from the number of people that play now....

It was whined about more before the removal of the main General Discussion forum...

Those were more interesting days then...

Edited by Deathlike, 13 December 2013 - 02:51 PM.

#594 Jimmy Page

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 145 posts
  • LocationOh1O

Posted 14 December 2013 - 02:58 AM

Well, UI 2.0 is waay past it's deadline and will not be implemented for at least 6 months...if ever. I guarantee not one line of code has been written for community warfare. So we are looking at more than two years for that to ever see the light of day. It took them 6 months to make 3PV, They continued to push it even though NOBODY wanted it. The basic game is fun, enjoy it for what it is. I seriously doubt there will ever be another update with content. A few more mechs and trinkets to keep the lights on, thats it. The problem is that they have told so many lies to the community that i don't see anyone spending any more money on their game. That's a big problem. BIG problem. Like shut down the servers in 5 months problem.

#595 OneEyed Jack

• 2,500 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 05:19 AM

Shows what you get for doing your own thinking.

I have no idea where you got that idea. However, most of what people have been clamoring for is on hold awaiting the new UI, so it's not about the UI making people happy, but a a step toward what they do want. In theory, anyway.

#596 Kaishaku

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 115 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 06:34 AM

Bloody good article. It should be put in the newbies section for fair warning, Ive more or less given up on PGI. If i havent already spent so much time and $$$ I probably would have joined my friends and walked away by now.

#597 Shade4x

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 190 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 01:34 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 10 December 2013 - 02:25 PM, said:

Don't you think that it would have been a bad business decision to let the graphic guys and 3D-modelers sit idle for some months while the software engineers are working on the front- and backend?

Scale form is industry standard. It's Fairly easy to use, and when you ask around to indie dev's with teams of 4 people or less, they all agree it took them about 2-3 weeks of part time work to create a functional inventory/menu/game selection menu. It's like an advanced version of windows movie maker. It's specificly made for Graphics guy's, so they can create the forms on their own.

TLDR: The 3d modelers and graphics guy's should of been the ones working with scale form in the first place. It should of been done reasonably within 2-3 weeks, and it should of been atleast the quality of smurfy's HTML website.

The fact that they had enough time to release the entire phoenix package, the many hero mech's AND 8 new clan mech's means they are allocating resources to work on mech's not the game. I'm actually hopeing no one buy's the clan packages, so that they may realize they need to finish the game before just selling more and more mech's.

#598 CanadianLynx

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 04:19 PM

Been spending money on this game since day one. I will not be purchasing a Clan package despite this being the thing I was most excited about.

Hopefully they listen to the community a make a long term business decision.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users