Patch Day - September 3Rd - LIVE!

833 replies to this topic

#41 Middcore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 258 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:49 AM

Gauss rifle firing delay is still silly and unnecessary, especially since PPCs are getting nerfed too (and the delay idea would have made more sense to apply to PPC's) but we'll see how bad it really is in practice. Hopefully all gauss have not died for PPC+gauss tryhards' sins.

Finally having the Orion rollout is a relief, but we want to see this great paintjob. Pics or ****, PGI! No but seriously, pics?

Tutorials are LONG overdue, but it's a start, and it's welcome.

HSR and hit detection improvements are also welcome, assuming they really work, and I'm glad they didn't jump the gun and nerf damage on SRMs again like I assumed they would.

There are other 'mechs which have been in need of hitbox alterations for quite some time, but at least the Kintaro fix shows that PGI is willing to/capable of addressing this type of thing.

Seems like a solid patch on balance.

#42 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Wow, I feel bad for the PPC. Seriously bad. Not that these are bad changes, but... ouch.

We knew about the Gauss desync via firing delay, and many users argued (correctly IMHO) that the real problem was the PPC not the Gauss. Now we know why the PPC didn't get a firing delay: In addition to these changes, it would have utterly destroyed it as a viable weapon.

Slower projectile, higher heat. Ouch. Sucks to be a sniper.

The change I like the best is the 0 damage below 90m though. Previously, PPC's still did reasonable damage at realistic close ranges - typically 50-90m. Not anymore. A mech relying on PPC's is going to be dead meat up close.

#43 Dyson Ring

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 178 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia, Australia

I wonder how many ON1-Ps will be running around after the servers go back online.

A great deal, I think.

#44 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

View PostFrechdachs, on 03 September 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

So despite the comunity outcry, and the reasonable request to put the delay on the PPC, you nerfed the Gauss anyway...

Thumbs down, PGI, thumbs down.

Well to be honest they also pretty much grounded the PPC's too :)

#45 RapierE01

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts
  • LocationEden

Lets see how it works. Mc's are loaded say hello litte Orion

#46 Commander Kobold

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • 1,428 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:51 AM

Nerfing the regular PPC down to 0dmg under 90m seems a little heavy handed but other than that seems to be a good patch

#47 Vasces Diablo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • LocationOmaha,NE

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

A lot of people have been waiting a long time for this patch. Better late than never I suppose.

Can't wait to try it out.

#48 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:54 AM

Can we have a test server with no ghost heat and these changes plz? With the PPC and Gauss changes, the majority of the pinpoint striking is fixed. Then we can just say Ghost Heat was just an interim fix while other changes were worked on, forget about it and move on?

Please?

#49 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,614 posts

View Postsuperbob, on 03 September 2013 - 08:42 AM, said:

So... No hardcore queue for us core fans?

Also gameplay aside, I find the idea of slowing down a bolt of supercharged particles somewhat... odd.

Odd it is but maybe it balances the game a little? Till now PPCs have been god weapons, without any real weaknesses.

#50 Budor

• 2,565 posts

ORION INGAME PICTURE NAO! WHERE IS IT?!

Edited by Budor, 03 September 2013 - 08:54 AM.

#51 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:55 AM

So... we have a reason to use AC/20's now! Yay!

I just *might* have been complaining about that since the early Closed Beta, back since July of last year... good to see that Paul finally came through and listened to me for a change :)

Now if I can just get him to add the UrbanMech, we'll be ready for Community Warfare... Because what says "Neighborhood Rivalry" more than UrbanMechs?

(edit - Paul, please don't take it too badly. I know it hurts to back-down from your hardliner anti-PP stance, but sometimes you just have to take my advice. Next, I'll get you weened off the cocacola and swap it out for some good ol' Oregon-made oolong kombucha...)

Edited by Prosperity Park, 03 September 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#52 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

View PostAbe Bin Hezn, on 03 September 2013 - 08:49 AM, said:

And for this reason I'm just done. Takin' a break untill I hear the community start talking positive at least 60% of the time. Bad move PGI, you just still haven't gotten the hint.

What? I don't think I've ever seen a game forum with any reasonably busy game talk positive even 25% of the time. Seriously. Game forums are always mostly negativity, no matter how good a game is.

Are you new to the internet?

#53 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

I like all of these changes. I admit I'm a bit surprised by how hard PPC weapons got slapped with the nerf-hammer, but I'm not complaining. Can't wait to see how the game plays after the servers come back up :)

#54 Snowcrow

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts

I ******* LOVE this patch.
Now all I need is some kind of warning in the mechlab when I enter ghost heat territory.
Except for that, this patch pretty much fixed everything I wanted.

#55 Vulix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • LocationSouthwest USA

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

PPC\ERPPC nerf may be too much. Guess we'll see, changes to tonnage limits and HSR fix will shake things up.

Edited by Vulix, 03 September 2013 - 09:50 AM.

#56 Blood78

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 156 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

Thank you for the patching and putting in Orion as wel las fix for Kintaro. I see what is being attempted here which is to try to address over abundance of sniping. We shall see if it is the right approach. My gut says the following...

- Putting charge time on Gauss is either novel or really dumb approach to try to address PPC/Gauss issue in game

- Real issue is convergence, that is not going to change with anything done in the patch. Everything done was to just reduce frequency of firing rate and overall Alpha

- With new change to Gauss. Snipers will do probably one of the following...
1. Switch to AC10 and use extra tonnage for either more ammo, faster engine, more DHS (to make up for PPC head), etc
2. Will learn to time their Gauss and PPC cycle time better.

Many things are being done to reduce rate of fire of Snipers by increasing heat, adding cycle delay, etc. Still doesn't address issue of convergence though which I think is the root of lot of sniping problem. Hitting you for 35 or even 40 points of damage is not a big deal (except small mechs). Problem was those 35 or 40 points were hitting you in the same spot.

Edited by Blood78, 03 September 2013 - 09:00 AM.

#57 borisof007

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area, California

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

View PostFrechdachs, on 03 September 2013 - 08:38 AM, said:

So despite the comunity outcry, and the reasonable request to put the delay on the PPC, you nerfed the Gauss anyway...

Thumbs down, PGI, thumbs down.

Boy was I wrong:
http://mwomercs.com/...c-delayed-fire/

#58 DeRazer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 134 posts

Now this is a Patch! Woohoo!

#59 Rasako

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 214 posts

well done Garth, couldn't stop laughing with glee every time I saw the word Orion fly up in there! give my regards to the team

#60 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

My feelings about this patch:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users