Patch Day - September 3Rd - LIVE!

833 replies to this topic

#821 Kattspya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

View PostAppogee, on 06 September 2013 - 06:04 AM, said:

You must be old - you keep forgetting what you've said and then repeating it :D .

Indeed.

No Idea how that happened though. Probably jitter on a cheap pad running on it's knees thanks to this wonderful and efficiently coded forum. Or maybe the database had a hickup.

#822 Foster Bondroff

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:12 AM

One of the worst patches in the last year.

Game is technically unplayable. Constant crashes, performance and ping loss compared to prepatch.

HSR fix seems not to work at all, but that might be a consquence of the very bad performance overall.

#823 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:28 AM

View PostFoster Bondroff, on 06 September 2013 - 09:12 AM, said:

One of the worst patches in the last year.

Game is technically unplayable. Constant crashes, performance and ping loss compared to prepatch.

HSR fix seems not to work at all, but that might be a consquence of the very bad performance overall.

Might want to try a reinstall, because I haven't had any CTDs or changes in ping since the patch.

I've found hit detection to be much much better, as well - though I doubt a fresh install will help you there at all.

#824 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 06 September 2013 - 09:32 AM

View PostHillslam, on 06 September 2013 - 06:35 AM, said:

Patch killed the Victor variants except for the AC20 one.

Nope. Got my -9K loaded out with an AC10, two large lasers, and two SRM 6s and I've been kicking rear torso with it. I might give it a shot with an LB-10X too, as it's pretty deadly right now. And I've always had success with the -9B with three AC2s.

I don't mean any offense, but you probably just need to branch out and try some weapons other than gauss and PPCs.

Edited by DEMAX51, 06 September 2013 - 09:33 AM.

#825 Morang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,259 posts
  • LocationHeart of Darkness

Posted 07 September 2013 - 01:21 AM

Nice to see my suggestion making it into the game:

View PostMorang, on 14 August 2013 - 04:09 AM, said:

I suggest that they can mate PIP with full-screen zoom to temporarily fix the problem. Let PIP part be increased not four, but two times, but make it work together with normal zoom (re-rendering whole screen to another zoom level). Currently with PIP zoom we have our peripheral vision at 1x and our central window at 4x. Perhaps they should switch to other modes, for example with PIP zoom peripheral vision should be at 2x (still not as narrow as default 3x max zoom) and central window at 4x as it is now (but in this case 4x is done by rescaling 2x, not 1x view, it will be 2 times sharper than now). Or other combinations - 1.5x periphery with 3x window, for example, maybe even 3x/6x variant.

#826 Celthora

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 07 September 2013 - 09:01 AM

now stop the 4xac5 blulsiht please. annoying than ppc+gauss.

Edited by Celthora, 07 September 2013 - 09:02 AM.

#827 Dart Nimrod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • LocationCarver V

Posted 09 September 2013 - 02:15 AM

View PostWintersdark, on 03 September 2013 - 12:07 PM, said:

[/size]

LOL!

Nerf the strongest build and that means there's no playable builds at all anymore? Your logic is unassailable! I surrender!

If only nerfing the strongest build made all the other myriads of builds better in comparison. Alas, clearly, that is not the case. Everything just sucks all at once now.

Maybe you're right. Maybe I'm just damn tired of this endless swinging hither and thither in search for balance. If you don't like my opinion, then simply don't mind me, because I'm nothing but a noob, who slowly learning to be more patient and needs a bit more patience from experienced players like you.

Edited by Dart Nimrod, 09 September 2013 - 02:29 AM.

#828 Powerax

• PipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 September 2013 - 06:32 PM

You know, after playing with the new way the gauss rifle fires, I actual think this made it a better brawling weapon then ever, I notice then when I charge it up I am more focusing on location on the mech, it still has teh same crit bonus, so if you know to aim at a unarmor spot, the gauss will tear it apart, and when up close it is hard to torso twist away with its speed, with the charge up and hold you can aim it more accuritly, making more pinpoint then it ever was when you fire and forgot the shot.

Now it is actual more powerful up close with pinpointing and at long range for its sniper like.

Edited by Powerax, 09 September 2013 - 06:37 PM.

#829 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 07:38 AM

View PostPowerax, on 09 September 2013 - 06:32 PM, said:

You know, after playing with the new way the gauss rifle fires, I actual think this made it a better brawling weapon then ever, I notice then when I charge it up I am more focusing on location on the mech, it still has teh same crit bonus, so if you know to aim at a unarmor spot, the gauss will tear it apart, and when up close it is hard to torso twist away with its speed, with the charge up and hold you can aim it more accuritly, making more pinpoint then it ever was when you fire and forgot the shot.

Now it is actual more powerful up close with pinpointing and at long range for its sniper like.

The gauss doesn't have a crit bonus - only the machine gun, LB10-X and flamer have crit bonuses. I also disagree with just about everything else you said.

#830 Powerax

• PipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 08:57 AM

View PostDEMAX51, on 10 September 2013 - 07:38 AM, said:

The gauss doesn't have a crit bonus - only the machine gun, LB10-X and flamer have crit bonuses. I also disagree with just about everything else you said.

From a jenner pilot I could see why you could disagree on the way I look at the gauss compare to yours, it always depends on the pilots playstyle as usual in the end to know how to make their weapons effective, not the weapon itself. Though I will give the crit to you from a misread of the weapon decals. Anyway in the play style I use the weapon it is very effective and maybe more broken then it orignally was ( aka was not broken).

Edited by Powerax, 10 September 2013 - 08:58 AM.

#831 DEMAX51

• Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 12:15 PM

While I play the Jenner more often than anything else, I play every weight class. Here's why the Gauss isn't as good of a brawling weapon as it used to be: (I'd like to say, however, that I do like the change)

1. The charge-up time indirectly increases the weapon's refresh rate. So now, instead of being able to shoot it every 4 seconds, you can only fire it every 4.75 seconds. This lowers the weapons DPS, which is a pretty important stat for brawling 'Mechs.

2. The inability to take "snap-shots" with it gives you less of a chance to hit a speedy 'Mech that's moving in and out of cover. It might encourage YOU to take longer to set up your shot and aim better, but this isn't true of everybody, and having a weapon charge-up doesn't actually enable this - you could have taken longer to line up your shots before the charge mechanic was implemented, too. People who could aim quickly and accurately have been hurt by the change.

3. The increase in projectile speed makes it easier to hit with the Gauss at ANY range, but is much more important if you're trying to snipe with it. Coupled with the new advanced zoom, it's very easy to hit a specific part of an enemy 'Mech even at great range.

TL;DR: The Gauss is still deadly at range, but there are now much better options for brawler builds. I think the timing needs to be adjusted slightly - perhaps an extra .5 seconds to shoot once charged - but on the whole I think it's a good change. And people who are declaring the Gauss useless are probably not using it for its intended purpose.

Edited by DEMAX51, 10 September 2013 - 12:18 PM.

#832 Dan Nashe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 606 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 01:07 PM

View PostBors Mistral, on 05 September 2013 - 10:01 AM, said:

How the hell do you manage to squeeze 2UAC5s and equivalent ammo where an AC20 would otherwise be?

I exaggerated badly.
Most mechs I run ac 20 on have 2 ballistics in that location available.
But it is 22 tons vs 17 tons. But less heat, more range and 80-100% more dps.
I always think about it, but the truth is I am a terrible shot, socan't hit over 270 meters anyway and use an ac 20.

I should add that I don't think they need a BIG nerf. But I think acs should be normalized more.
So they all do 4 dps, probably:
Ac 20: 5 second recycle
Ac 10: as is
Ac 5: 1.25 recycle
Ac 5 u: 1.25 recycle, 12.5 percent jam chance (I believe that is 4 dpsidf you hold trigger and eat jams on average)
Ac 2: as is.

#833 Halfinax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 637 posts

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:58 PM

5 days to launch and we still have the unintuitive, and confusing Ghost Heat. Now that the PPC and Gauss issues have been earnestly addressed can we see Ghost Heat go the way of the Dodo, like it should, on Launch Day?

#834 ShadowbaneX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,089 posts

Posted 13 September 2013 - 06:09 AM

View PostHalfinax, on 12 September 2013 - 05:58 PM, said:

5 days to launch and we still have the unintuitive, and confusing Ghost Heat. Now that the PPC and Gauss issues have been earnestly addressed can we see Ghost Heat go the way of the Dodo, like it should, on Launch Day?

Nope. You drop the Ghost Heat and all you'll see is everyone piloting dual AC/20 Jagers again...or, occasionally, the 6-SRM6 Catapults.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users