Patch Day - September 3Rd - LIVE!

833 replies to this topic

#21 Revorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:42 AM

Tutorial, Woooohaaaaaa, finaly. Great Guys. :)

#22 superbob

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • LocationPoland

So... No hardcore queue for us core fans?

Also gameplay aside, I find the idea of slowing down a bolt of supercharged particles somewhat... odd.

#23 Tier up

• PipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 59 posts

Way to cater to the cry babies PGI. Keep killing the reasons I love to play this game.

#24 Garth Erlam

• 2,756 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • YouTube: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

View PostRisko Vinsheen, on 03 September 2013 - 08:33 AM, said:

BUT WHERE'S THE ORIO- oh. ... Um... well... Good job.

Seriously, though. Sounds like a pretty awesome patch, guys. Keep it up. :)

[color=cyan]Thanks! Will do :) (orion)[/color]

#25 JudgeDeathCZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Oh yeah.Sniping for snipers...and now I can tear them appart with brawler.
Also love UAC repair.

#26 Paladin IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 118 posts

Really? Slowing down PPCs is ridiculous. I can understand heat, but it's artificial lightning for christ sake, how is this supposed to do anything but make them useless?

And this new gauss mechanic is just the same thing, something ridiculous that shouldn't be added to the game. It's a heavy *** weapon, with more weight coming from ammo as well. What bonuses do we gain from this charge, aside from stopping pop droppers?

I hope you've fixed the host state rewind like it says, because all this will do is make killing laggy lights even harder because we'll need to add more time to the charge and lead even further ahead now.

I'm going to try these changes before I jump to too many conclusions, but everytime drastic changes like this get made, all it ever does is ruin the game's mechanics and a reverse patch is made.

In other news, ORION HAVE MEH BABIEZ

#27 Zordicron

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

This is a nice update patch.

But I was really hoping for a BIG patch, namely UI 2.0. Launch is almost here. Seems like sticking(Orion) at the end of everything in the post is more to distract the players then anything else. I know players have been clamoring for it, but myself, i eagerly await an actual substantial change in the game towards it's design goal of CW. Was also really hoping the UI 2.0 would fall into the game while in actual beta test phase yet, so as to you know, get tested for bugs before launch. having a buggy interface sends a bad, bad messege about game quality in a live supposedly polished game.

#28 Lan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 119 posts
  • LocationSweden

Interesting changes to..well..everything. Nice patch, will shake things around a bit. Will ponder the effects before I say much more.

The HSR is the big one, hoping a lot there. :)

#29 XX Sulla XX

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,094 posts

Overall good patch. I think it will make for better gameplay.

#30 Strayed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Hey looks like MWO is getting Zombie mode! There will be a large mass of new players running around clueless in Zombie Centi's! Well time to get my shotgun out!

#31 Aylek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 292 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:45 AM

I thought Gauss was OKish without that twist. The added heat to ERPPC seems to be too much as well. Even at 13 heat I never used more than one in any of my builds. Great patch otherwise!

#32 Butane9000

• Elite Founder
  • 2,788 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:46 AM

I hope your new PPC & Gauss changes work otherwise that new Orion will be the new cash money alpha machine only rivaled by the Heavy Metal & Misery.

#33 Sybreed

• 3,199 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:47 AM

View Postsabre wulf, on 03 September 2013 - 08:43 AM, said:

Really? Slowing down PPCs is ridiculous. I can understand heat, but it's artificial lightning for christ sake, how is this supposed to do anything but make them useless?

And this new gauss mechanic is just the same thing, something ridiculous that shouldn't be added to the game. It's a heavy *** weapon, with more weight coming from ammo as well. What bonuses do we gain from this charge, aside from stopping pop droppers?

I hope you've fixed the host state rewind like it says, because all this will do is make killing laggy lights even harder because we'll need to add more time to the charge and lead even further ahead now.

I'm going to try these changes before I jump to too many conclusions, but everytime drastic changes like this get made, all it ever does is ruin the game's mechanics and a reverse patch is made.

In other news, ORION HAVE MEH BABIEZ

I don't want to be rude, but if you want all your shots to be almost hit-scan, CoD is that way ---->

Otherwise, their projectile speed is still faster than what it was in CB, so it's not a complete nerf. I'm more worried by the dmg going to 0 under 90m, that will hurt the PPC a lot, but would give more reason for people to bring something else than just PPCs.

#34 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

yaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy Orion. And I'm JUST ABOUT done grinding my last Spider up to Master. Time to take on Kerensky's mech...

#35 Varrin Coursca

• PipPipPip
  • 73 posts
  • LocationMid-Atlantic, USA

The Gauss mechanic was not needed; the PPC/ERPPC balancing was sufficient to make them much less of a "no-brainer."

#36 NoXHeart

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

I don't think the nerf was too much, the gauss got two buffs to go with its one (even if pivotal) nerf.

The PPCs might run hot now, but they're supposed to be sniper weapons, this will make more people consider using LLs for brawling purposes rather then just packing PPCs as the end to all means.

Plus they did some fixes to hit detection, how much remains to be seen, but even a small amount is appreciated and it shows they're making progress in the matter (spider-geddon may not come today...but it will come...)

Not to mention they introduced that one mech everyone has been looking forward to, y'know...the....um...what was its name again?

Anyway come on guys, lets be happy with this patch.

#37 Dexter Herbivore

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 241 posts
  • LocationPerth WA

Combo PPC and Gauss builds were still overpowered, the team has seen it and fixed it without making the weapons completely useless. Fantastic, I look forward to testing the changes.

#38 Kattspya

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 08:48 AM

Great job on nerfing the PPC:s but why couldn't this have happened about four months ago? People have been screaming for increased heat for ages. I do not understand why balance issues have a lag of at least two months. Great job on finally doing something but the pipeline needs to be fixed.

Looking good on paper though, keeping fingers crossed.

EDIT: Oh almost forgot, you still won't see any money from me ever until there is a separate queue for first person or until the time you refund all money spent.

Edited by Kattspya, 03 September 2013 - 08:51 AM.

#39 Uncleclint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 200 posts
  • LocationEurope

Nice that PPC and ERPPC are finally back at their TT values. You can get rid of ghost heat now :-)
aaaand (orion)(orion)(orion)
ORION very much, guys

Edited by HAS UncleClint, 03 September 2013 - 08:49 AM.

#40 Dison

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationCanada

Love the new patch. Cant wait to get off work and give it a go. Keep up the great work!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users