Lowdown On Launch From Bryan Ekman (Reposted From Reddit)

304 replies to this topic

#301 Precarious

• PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 10:00 AM

"The community is the canary, and the data is the truth Yea, Bryan actually said this. Such a terrible analogy considering what happens to canaries when the 'truth' is bad news."

Well, this explains why the game is so cobbled together and appears to be the project of a derelict high school programming class.

The man is insane.

#302 SpardaSon21

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

As someone who has been slogging through this since closed beta with zero real money purchases of any kind, I'll start buying MC for MWO when PGI delivers a fun, complete game with all the features they've been consistently promising and have failed to deliver on.

(As an aside, a C-bill economy that motivates me to buy lots of Mechs and therefore buy extra Mech Bays for them with MC would be great. Right now I've got much more fun ways to spend my time than grinding C-bills for more Cataphracts, and at current MC costs neither the money sink of subscribing to premium time nor another BattleMech is worth it.)

Edited by SpardaSon21, 11 September 2013 - 01:32 PM.

#303 Karyudo ds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,706 posts
  • LocationChaos March

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:51 PM

View PostSpardaSon21, on 11 September 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

Right now I've got much more fun ways to spend my time than grinding C-bills for more Cataphracts, and at current MC costs neither the money sink of subscribing to premium time nor another BattleMech is worth it.)

I would swear they mentioned the tweak to CBill earning had something to do with CW rewards. As it is though, yeah grinding 8 million isn't very enthralling.

#304 Alois Hammer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,296 posts
  • LocationHooterville

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:29 PM

Game-wise, the launch will be as described: "Nothing to see here, move along, and please check out the new shop and spend some money."

But y'all are ignoring the forums.

Who's taking odds on another big "Forum Restructure" on say, the 16th?

You know, sweeping all those annoying negative threads into some hidden archive right before the big "Release Day" banner brings in the hordes of 3PV-loving outsiders who are going to make IGP/PGI bigger than Microsoft so they don't get chased away by all the hysterical lies told by the disgruntled people who funded something else and got MC-Warrior Online instead.

View PostN44B4LIFE, on 05 September 2013 - 11:24 AM, said:

Ya you would almost think this is a joke. I mean wtf are they doing al day?

Posting snarky tweets about being "surrounded by frickin' idiots" on Russ' Twitter while deciding what kind of yacht to buy with the Project Phoenix money since the Founder's cash ran out buying their secret underground lair.

View PostBelphegore, on 07 September 2013 - 06:59 AM, said:

Edit: Did they switch the forums over to 56k dialup as well? forums are so slow recently it takes upward of 30 seconds for a post to send for me at times.

Forums 2.0, using the game's netcode, are Working as Intended™. We'll be adding Post State Rewind™ shortly after launch. Seriously, we promise.

Edited by Alois Hammer, 11 September 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#305 Dirk Botasky

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 September 2013 - 09:06 AM

WORK OF FICTION
ME PRETENDING TO BE BRYAN, I HOPE I DON"T GET BANNED:
(So sorry for this but I just want to change the mood after reading 16 pages of the exact same thing told in different angles.. and one discussion about a conspiracy theory)

THIS IS NOT CANNON!!!!
I AM NOT BRYAN OR RUSS

I just thought of writing this to hopefully change the mood....

As a response to what we do all day!
We at PGI are working hard everyday.... you people should understand that work we have to do at a daily basis, we spend countless manhours discussing which weapon to nerf, draw up metrics, check the stats, verify the stats.... make cute colored charts to defend our points which weapon is currently op.... then read up the reports of others., make new charts.... on top of that we have to decide which items we have to put on MC sale and do this all over again! it is really a long tedious process.

As to the response why we are not releasing the promised features on launched...
As I've mentioned in my Twitter account before... Marketing... our forum boys have a lot of work to do deleting all the bad publicity in other sites. its a lot of work...

New Consoles... OUYA we are playing it... its cool maybe people should try it instead of just whining here.

AS for people interpreting data about player retention
well we made 5 million dollars.... so we are taking some time off once in a while.... it takes awhile to spend all that. besides we have new players coming in daily, I'm sure they would like their mechs repainted.

For people commenting about no communication.
This is not true, we have dedicated people working round the clock, reading the forums finding threads that are just full of complaints and deleting them

For those people saying it is taking us so long to deliver on our promises, that they are programmers too and whatnot and some motley group of independent developer came out with something better and we didn't
Well... my mortgage is still 20 years more, ... soo.... there

The Game is still buggy and is not stable enough for launched
It worked for Vista. That turned out ok in the end.

The only thing that will change in launch is the beta tag is no longer there.
Yes this is a long hard decision for the management, in the end after hours of contemplating and discussing on the beach while spending your 5 million dollars... we decided that we no longer need beta testers, and we no longer need "Beta testers" who feel it is their duty to tell us what to do because they are testing our game, so we decided to launch and turn everyone into "subscribers" that way, you are no longer obliged to comment on any patch or feature that we wish.

To people complaing about no UI 2.
The old UI one will have a shop./ The old one allows you to customize mechs, turn it around, change skins, play the game.... dont worry even if this got the delayed the new shop and new cockpit items will be awesome... it will in the future allow you to do some more customizations in your cockpit... maybe...

To people complaining about hitboxes, balancing and all other technical whatnots.
mechs get shot. sometimes they die, sometimes they don't ... it is working as intended.

To people complaining about not enough game modes
Guys, please be reasonable we have capture the flag and capture 5 flags!, we might add capture 10 flags in the future... but its currently in pre planning stage.

As for people complaining about the management decision of turning this game from a first person simulator to a twitchy arcady game.
WE need more new people to buy hula girls.... cause well you know my mortgage... your all adults here you know how it is.

AS for the late promises,
read my past explanation regarding the 3pv. I told you... words like sure, never, and always will never be used again. promise.

and for undelivered promises
You have your Orion, you people ask for too much....

No CW:
What are you talking about? there CW in the forums every patch day. CW was released months ago with ghost heat.

To people complaining why we didn't find the time, talent, and other things a competent project manager would have done to get things done at launch date.
We have a party to prepare, free beer and pizza!!! we invited some of you guys.... So all should be good now.... FREE BEER AND PIZZA WHAT MORE CAN YOU POSSIBLY WANT!

NOTE AGAIN THIS IS NOT CANNON: I JUST MADE IT UP, hopefully get a few laughs...brighten up the mood about the game some of us actually paid Real money to support.

Edited by Dirk Botasky, 17 September 2013 - 09:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users